• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 232 OT

Who will win the LH title

• Jones

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Gustafsson

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Holy fucking shit

Best female fighter of all time.

Hope she goes for the third against Shevchenko.

Not sure how this last one will go now.

Come on Gus we need a

tenor.gif

I’m curious what they will do. I know Schevchenko wants another crack at Nunes but I also think the UFC wants to get momentum going at the 125 division after it basically stalled out after Nicco won the belt off TUF. I don’t think anyone at 125 can beat Schev and I don’t think anyone at 135 can beat Nunes right now, currently.

Interesting situation

Welp. There it is.

You gotta do DC/Jones 3. You just gotta. Forget about the Lesnar fight. Two current champions in GOAT conversationZ DC’s farewell fight. It will sell

Welp. There it is.

You gotta do DC/Jones 3. You just gotta. Forget about the Lesnar fight. Two current champions in GOAT conversationZ DC’s farewell fight. It will sell

DC or Khabib even fighting him would be interesting. Great work JB on this thread, I'll leave the next UFC main to ya, start at least 2 weeks before and I look forward to it.

Dom Cruz just toasted Lesnar as the broadcast ends, lol. He’s right, too.

Meh. Screw Jones. He's forever tainted with a bad smell. You just know he will be on something.

One of the interesting things about Jon Jones is possibly his greatest strength as a fighter is conversely his biggest weakness in real life. In real life he’s an undisciplined idiot. In the cage he’s a genius. He’s an athletic savant.

It’s almost tragic. JJ should have gone down as the Michael Jordan of MMA but instead he’s the Barry Bonds/Lance Armstrong

Night.Ninja

Banned
That was a tune up fight for Jon, clear difference between the two.

Who would have ever thought you would see cyborg face down ass up in the cage

Yeah that was a holy shit moment. It was nice seeing Nunes probably greatest moment in her MMA career. It was an awesome, quick fight and I look forward to seeing a Cyborg that is coming back for a rematch fight. Hell of a fight between those two women and fucking A if they both didn't go out their throwing bombs.

Nunes destroyed Cyborg almost as quickly as she destroyed Rousey. Big shock of the evening.

Jones just waited for his chance to get Gustafsson on the ground, then he pounded the guy's skull until it was nice and tender. Game over.

We really need Jones and DC after this.

That was a tune up fight for Jon, clear difference between the two.

First round dominant KOs over Rousey, Tate, and Cyborg.

Insane resume.

Crazy that Bullet Valentina went the distance twice with Nunes and she’s a 125er

We really need Jones and DC after this.

The more I think about it, there’s just no other fight to make. Nothing else makes sense. With the momentum each guy has no other fight makes sense.

It would have a huge buildup. It would be all over mainstream sports media. It would be near McGregor level spectacle.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, there’s just no other fight to make. Nothing else makes sense. With the momentum each guy has no other fight makes sense.

It would have a huge buildup. It would be all over mainstream sports media. It would be near McGregor level spectacle.
In my ideal fight fantasy for Cormier, I want him to beat Lesnar, then beat Jones and ride off into the sunset as the GOAT LH/HW Champion. I SO badly want to see Cormier pull of a win before he retires, but noone has figured out the Jones formula and there isn't much prospect that anyone will for a long while.

Last edited:
In my ideal fight fantasy for Cormier, I want him to beat Lesnar, then beat Jones and ride off into the sunset as the GOAT LH/HW Champion. I SO badly want to see Cormier pull of a win before he retires, but noone has figured out the Jones formula and there isn't much prospect that anyone will for a long while.

The angle the UFC will push is that DC was winning the second fight before Jones landed the headkick, and if the third fight is at heavyweight they will push that DC is undefeated at heavyweight.

Honestly I don’t know if DC can beat Jones. It would take a Herculean effort and a flawless gameplan. If he pulled it off it would be one of the greatest “into the sunset” moments in recent sports. All three of these factors/angles sell PPVs.

I’m getting all excited thinking about it but honestly Jones will fuck up again and the DC will fight Lesnar as a replacement or something like that.

highrider

Banned
Nunes, man she’s amazing, great hands. Alex really had his boxing neutralized by Jones who was disciplined and intelligent in his fight plan. Those leg kicks will have you hesitant with combinations. Jones is still a great fighter, can’t take that away from him.

Nunes, man she’s amazing, great hands. Alex really had his boxing neutralized by Jones who was disciplined and intelligent in his fight plan. Those leg kicks will have you hesitant with combinations. Jones is still a great fighter, can’t take that away from him.
Nunes did her homework and was well prepared, unlike Cyborg who thought she can outpower Nunes and got countered.
Jones had more than Gus. He wasn't circling as well and got caught out.

Overall good cards on the night.

During the post fight presser, Dana said that Cormier sounds fired up to fight 2-3 more times. That would contradict the idea that he had just one fight left which seemed to be the rumor/idea. So DC vs both Jones and Lesnar in 20-9 is still in play

Damn that howling in the audience is annoying as shit. It really gets my salt flowing. I want to napalm that crowd when I hear it.

Good fights all around. Short and sweet.

Last edited:
Since we are doing picks. I think it will be a good, close fight, but it's hard to pick against Jon Jones.

Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson

Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes

Carlos Condit vs Michael Cheisa

Ilir Latifi vs Corey Anderson

Chad Mendes vs Alexander Volkanovski

Cat Zingano vs Megan Anderson
Damn, only half my picks right. Didn’t see Cyborg being so reckless right out the gate. She has been pretty patient in her recent fights.

Just a little FYI in case you missed it regarding Cat’s eye:

From earlier today:

"I have a damaged iris, damaged retina, hemorrhage in the back of my eye, increased globe pressure and of course the laceration," Zingano told ESPN's Ariel Helwani. "They want me back at the doctor every three to four days to make sure there's no detachment on the retina.

"Right now, they have to keep it dilated and on steroids for the next two weeks to keep the pressure down."

Last edited:

mekes

Of course I thought that the bump would be regarding Jon’s piss. Good start for Jon in 2019 so far, let’s see what the next week brings!

Top Bottom