• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 253: Adesanya v Costa

Middleweight champ & still undefeated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EYHZkgE.jpg

Main card:
TvJ7tWS.jpg

Fight Island is back for 5 weeks with 2 stellar ppvs. Can't wait for 254, but this has some great matchups and a new LHW champ. Diego Sanchez in the prelims will be entertaining (not sure about the fight) hopefully.

manfestival

If I had to put money down.... Israel has more experience with better fighters. I would put it on him.
Last weeks UFC was more interesting than this card as a whole. The main and co-main event are the only reasons I will even bother with this.

O-N-E

I think it's hilarious that one of the top fighters is nicknamed after the Avatar cartoon and is wearing an Akatsuki shirt in the pre-fight conference.

Hilarious and cool, mind you.

6773842-1793207-itachi_uchiha.jpg

manfestival

Also how has nobody posted this fight yet? This fight was so hype for me going into it. It was a pretty great fight and showed both fighters pushing themselves. Costa is like the least afraid of anyone person in the division. Israel is a very smart fighter that does what all of the greats do, and that is to force your opponent to fight his match. This is also indicative in the video below. Costa is trying to play the mental game to get into Israel's head to force him out of his zone. However, Israel looks completely unperturbed and they both seem to have respect for each other(based on their recent encounter where they were friendly).

Also UFC let me know when you get waifu Valerie Loureda in a contract.... though she might be better off where she is so she can gain some notoriety. The longer she stays active the better I say :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:

GymWolf

I kinda wanna put 100 euros on adesanya...

basically if he win i get money, if he lose i get enough entartainment to cover 100 euros, and believe me, even with that i would still root for costa.

imagine if it's a draw :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Also how has nobody posted this fight yet? This fight was so hype for me going into it. It was a pretty great fight and showed both fighters pushing themselves. Costa is like the least afraid of anyone person in the division. Israel is a very smart fighter that does what all of the greats do, and that is to force your opponent to fight his match. This is also indicative in the video below. Costa is trying to play the mental game to get into Israel's head to force him out of his zone. However, Israel looks completely unperturbed and they both seem to have respect for each other(based on their recent encounter where they were friendly).

Also UFC let me know when you get waifu Valerie Loureda in a contract.... though she might be better off where she is so she can gain some notoriety. The longer she stays active the better I say :messenger_smirking:

she looks like she was ready to shit herself...

Other than the top 2 fights, the card isn't nearly as stacked as last weeks "free" fights on ESPN. That said, That Adesanya/Costa fight has Fight of the Year potential. It's a tough pick, and I wouldn't bet any money on it, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say Costa is gonna win.

IF Israel can go into his Matrix mode though, nobody has a chance. I hope we see that Israel come out.

I think Reyes is absolutely gonna smash Polish Power Jan. I like both of them as fighters so I'm not too fussed who wins. I AM annoyed that Jon Jones vacates his belt like that, after he knew he lost to Reyes and wouldn't do a rematch.

McCheese

What's with that undercard, is he just fighting the Player2 color variation of himself?

My money is in Costa so long as he doesn't gas himself out chasing style bender around. Expecting a very boring low action match to be honest.

Last edited:
The comments on that youtube link said it best. How the hell is Adesanya losing the trash talk battle when Costa barely speaks English?
His English has improved & continues to. His hype man is pretty cringe though. It's a norm these days unfortunately.

Love that channel.

Because costa is already under his skin.

case on point

It seems that that kind of hyperbole is becoming a norm when promoting. Looked fake as hell as demonstrated in the friendly meeting they had earlier in the week. Those rat lip comments will come back to bite him in the ass. Promoting to casuals is good for numbers until they move on to a shiny new thing. Would like to see stylebender vs Saitama Chimaev next year if he's still champ or not.

Wimbledon

I want Costa to win, but i feel like Izzy will win this.

I really do feel like Izzy ran from Yoel in that fight granted Yoel didn't go at him like he did Costa. But still if he did i'm sure Izzy does not come out of that fight with a win.

If Im Costa you hunt izzy down, don't wait.

JimiNutz

Banned
I want Costa to win, but i feel like Izzy will win this.

I really do feel like Izzy ran from Yoel in that fight granted Yoel didn't go at him like he did Costa. But still if he did i'm sure Izzy does not come out of that fight with a win.

If Im Costa you hunt izzy down, don't wait.

Yeah that's definitely the better strategy for Costa. He can't wait and needs to go after it.

If Izzy stays elusive for the first few and lands some decent counter shots then I can see Costa being tired/frustrated by the 4th or 5th.

I'm hoping that Costs lands early though and makes a good scrap of it.

MastAndo

I think Izzy will prove too elusive and crafty to be bested by Costa, but with a vicious puncher like that, there's always a (puncher's) chance. It's definitely one of those special main events though, where the hype is kicked up a notch.

pixelation

My heart wants Costa to demolish that skinny assed buffoon... my head says the skinny buffoon gets the W (much to my chagrin).

pixelation

Why is it that only the B-tier females are fighting right now?. I wanna see Joanna, Nunes, Valentina fight... not freaking Modafferi for crying out loud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom