• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 253: Adesanya v Costa

Middleweight champ & still undefeated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Dumbarse should gone in like he normally does. Or at least try to take him down. No one in middleweight ever tries to take anyone down

pixelation

Damn it Costa!, he gassed out earlier than I thought. He should've pushed the fight (he was gonna run out of gas anyways), now Izzy will be even more insufferable...

Am I the only one that's noticed Adesanya's weird moob? (right hand side), it's this weird titty like moob (don't know if it's new or I only noticed today (his left hand chest looks normal).

Last edited:

I_D

I have no doubt that the fight would have ended the same way, but that stoppage still a bit early.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Damn it Costa!, he gassed out earlier than I thought. He should've pushed the fight (he was gonna run out of gas anyways), now Izzy will be even more insufferable...

Am I the only one that's noticed Adesanya's weird moob? (right hand side), it's this weird titty like moob (don't know if it's new or I only noticed today (his left hand chest looks normal).
looks like hes got gyno

JimiNutz

Banned
Impressive.
I expect Israel to win but thought it'd come later.
His speed, accuracy and footwork were too much for Costa.

GymWolf

Why everyone who fight adesanya become a complete moron?

first whittaker with the lunging and now costa being passive and over-confident with the trash talk etc.??

Hinedorf

Banned
I've been so big on Costa.....came in and talked all that shit and just let his legs get worked over while he acted like a bitch. Costa was disrespectful to himself, at least go all out in round 1 if those leg shots are nothing.

Egotistical Brazilian on steroids meets reality

mekes

Can’t knock Adesanya‘s performance, he was impressive. Near perfect movement and execution. I expected better from Costa. It has to be known that you can’t move into striking distance and try to stay there against Adesanya, but that’s what he did. Israel has the best movement once in striking distance, probably the best movement out of striking distance too, plus the best precision in the division. Fighters need to try something that actually looks different against him I feel, or his whole career will end up being a highlight reel.

Good on the champ tho. He did what he had to and looked good doing it.

Definitely not the only to notice it. That shit was clearly noticable like one of Corey Anderson's tits, but the cause? Hard to say at this point.

Wimbledon

I'm so disappointed by Reyes. Congratulations to Jan though.

As for Izzy winning, i had a sinking feeling he would win the bout, I figured he'd catch him. But the way he caught him I didn't see coming.

That was a vicious couple of hits izzy landed on costa when he tried to blitz him. I thought blitzing him would be the way to smother izzy......not at all I was so wrong about that.

Yoel probably meets the same fate as well if he did what Costa did. Costa just got picked apart faster by trying to pressure and rush him.

This is funny because I'd say NOW what Yoel did was fight smarter but he's just not as technical as Izzy is.

JimiNutz

Banned
Why everyone who fight adesanya become a complete moron?

first whittaker with the lunging and now costa being passive and over-confident with the trash talk etc.??

I think Costs was trying but Izzy is just a much better striker.

Izzy had such superior movement and the accuracy with his kicks was significant in the fight (which you would expect for someone's with such a strong Kickboxing/Muay Thai background).

Costa already looked a lot slower on his feet from the very beginning and then the leg kicks slowed him down even further. Costa was def pressing forward a lot more than Romero did.

What surprised me was how quickly Izzy finished. I expected Costa's chin to hold up a lot better and expected to see the finish in the 4th or 5th.

I'm not a big Izzy fan but the reason others look poor is because his speed, accuracy, footwork and fight IQ are that much better than the opposition. Shame hes a cunt lol

GymWolf

I think Costs was trying but Izzy is just a much better striker.

Izzy had such superior movement and the accuracy with his kicks was significant in the fight (which you would expect for someone's with such a strong Kickboxing/Muay Thai background).

Costa already looked a lot slower on his feet from the very beginning and then the leg kicks slowed him down even further. Costa was def pressing forward a lot more than Romero did.

What surprised me was how quickly Izzy finished. I expected Costa's chin to hold up a lot better and expected to see the finish in the 4th or 5th.

I'm not a big Izzy fan but the reason others look poor is because his speed, accuracy, footwork and fight IQ are that much better than the opposition. Shame hes a cunt lol
Costa was not there with the head tonight, it doens't negate what you say, but the difference in fight style compared to the usual costa was cristal clear, maybe he was trying to bait gnagna to over-commit with his striking but that is not his style at all.

Top Bottom