• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs Johnson - 10.1.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
oh man rough night for mario. this is especially fucking weird with the beatdown he allowed earlier

i'm guessing what freaked him out a bit was brenneman crawling around on the ground on his face after the headkick that previously grazed him though.

ShaneB

I see that as a fine stoppage. Brennamen was stumbling around on the ground, and practically fell into the cage when AJ kicked him.

Cipherr

Chamber said:
Another bad stoppage.

Yeah after seeing that replay I have to agree. I think he still would have lost, he was getting dominated, but he deserves to fight it out and try and turn it around. That stop was to fast.

TheNatural

My Member!
DAMN WHAT A VICIOUS KICK.

Seriously just how vicious the kick looked caused him to stop the fight while he may not have actually been done. Gotta watch the fighter.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, Charlie was getting a beating but this is MMA. You have to give the guy a chance to make something happen.

jut420

Neo Member
I just want to know how he was conscious after that kick. It landed square on his jaw it looked like. He looked pretty out of it mopping the floor with his head before getting up and getting kicked

WAR .. umm .. Struve .. Don't get Boney Maroney-ed man!

I can't really blame Mario for that one. That kick was vicious, completely unblocked, and just seeing a person fall back like that doesn't look good.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
rumblendt4.gif

Centurion

Banned
i don't like rumble one bit... Cutting is part of the game, but the amount he cuts is ridiculous. I can't wait until he goes into the later rounds and has pressure put on him the entire time.

I hope if Struve wins people get upset and start going "GOOD FIGHT, REACH" and "HE ONLY WON BECAUSE OF HIS REACH". He's going to get smashed probably, but I don't know how considering his reach is unfair and solely makes him unbeatable.

jut420

Neo Member
alr1ghtstart said:

I bet Yamasaki looked at him after he stopped it and was like WTF? Damnit! lol but I do think Johnson would have just laid a beat down if it wasn't stopped

Chamber

love on your sleeve
cr_blah_blah said:
I hope if Struve wins people get upset and start going "GOOD FIGHT, REACH" and "HE ONLY WON BECAUSE OF HIS REACH". He's going to get smashed probably, but I don't know how considering his reach is unfair and solely makes him unbeatable.
Yeah except Struve has no idea how to use his length.

cr_blah_blah said:
Struve doesn't know how to use his reach.

TheNatural

My Member!
This will be a draw. Struve gets punched in the face, gets KO'ed, and then falls forward and headbutts the other guy standing across the cage and KO's him too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That gif supports Natural's conclusion that Mario just saw how vicious the kick was and immediately stopped the fight. He wasn't even looking at Brenneman.

CaptYamato said:
Struve doesn't know how to use his reach.

It doesn't matter if he knows how to use it, it's unfair he even has it! They should trim his arms down so everybody is physically equal. Like how Jones only wins because his arms are long.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
cr_blah_blah said:
It doesn't matter if he knows how to use it, it's unfair he even has it! They should trim his arms down so everybody is physically equal. Like how Jones only wins because his arms are long.
Cheat codes are cheat codes. Like the cut weight cheat code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom