• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Fuck. I wanted that stick so goddamn bad. The only way for me to get one now is to pay a crazy price online or go to a fgc event (which where I live is a 5hr plane ride across the ocean)

At this point you're better off buying a no art TE2 and just custom making the Persona art. Its really easy to change the art on a TE2. I'm pretty sure there are websites to do it, but I can't remember them.

To the newcomers:

Make sure not to get discouraged when you get bodied by seasoned players.

Game will take time and there's a learning curve / metagame but once you become decent you will improve quickly.

whippet_1

see you guys on!

Lol this will be my first SF since SF EX3 on the ps2

To the newcomers:

Make sure not to get discouraged when you get bodied by seasoned players.

Game will take time and there's a learning curve / metagame but once you become decent you will improve quickly.

whippet_1

see you guys on!

Yeah, I've played over a hundred games and have only won like 5 lol. Prepare to spend a ton of time in the training room getting inputs right until its in your muscle memory.

whippet

Neo Member
Yeah, I've played over a hundred games and have only won like 5 lol. Prepare to spend a ton of time in the training room getting inputs right until its in your muscle memory.

Yup. you gotta lose, to learn.

SF IV 8 years later and I still both rage and love this game.

foxmedik

Neo Member
SxVaGjX.jpg

got my stick ready

Houndi101

Any tips for total noob? Never played but against friends and for fun. Most I probably played of a fighting game was SF2, Killer Instinct or Soul Calibur

Skilletor

Rank isn't going to mean much at first since you're going to have a lot of players that have been playing forever starting with people that haven't played much or at all. Going to be a lot of salt coming up.

whippet

Neo Member
Any tips for total noob? Never played but against friends and for fun. Most I probably played of a fighting game was SF2, Killer Instinct or Soul Calibur

Play people much better than you and pick primarily one character that you like and feel comforatble with.

practice your execution, bnb combos in trials or free practice.

OR

Pick Sagat. aka the WIN BUTTON

cheesekao

There seems to be quite a number of people double dipping for the PS4 version. Mind if I ask why don't you just stick to the previous version you have? I mean, they're essentially the same thing(not including that PS3 lag of course). Just curious is all.

foxmedik

Neo Member
the link is cool. I threw in a USB port on the front side as well for a detachable cable, so I can just toss this into my backpack without worrying about bending it too much or snapping off the stick. I just wanted a nice small stick I can go places with so I don't have to drag my TE 2 or MLG TE everywhere.

There seems to be quite a number of people double dipping for the PS4 version. Mind if I ask why don't you just stick to the previous version you have? I mean, they're essentially the same thing(not including that PS3 lag of course). Just curious is all.
I had the 360 version, but I don't have live , don't want to switch console, and never bought the ultra upgrade.

whippet

Neo Member

PS4 has improved version at 1080p (60fps)

Input lag experienced in prev version is gone.

360 no longer the console of choice as SF V is moving to Sony exclusively

at $25 for all content including DLC - its a pretty decent deal for those who didnt already have all the add-ons (and a new gen to boot)

Skilletor

Not paying for live anymore. Trying to consolidate my fighting games to a single console. Friends moving to PS4.

Haven't paid for a lot of the DLC, so buying the full package at 25 bucks is a no-brainer.

From one noob to another, don't just jump into online. Do some character trials/training and see who you like to play as. Pick someone simple, but fun to start with (I went with Juri to start, but am now maining Makoto). You obviously have experience with SF so you probably know about most of its mechanics, though learning stuff like focus attacks and focus attack dash cancels is helpful, especially for shotos like Ryu. Watching videos of high level play online is also great. As hilarious as it is, I've learned a lot from The Excellent Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross series online.

Oh, and you're probably gonna lose a lot. People online are scary good, though hopefully this PS4 version introduces new people into the game.

Yup. you gotta lose, to learn.

SF IV 8 years later and I still both rage and love this game.

One day I'll be able to take a good Makoto online. I hope she comes back for SF5 because I love how she plays.

Houndi101

Play people much better than you and pick primarily one character that you like and feel comforatble with.

practice your execution, bnb combos in trials or free practice.

OR

Pick Sagat. aka the WIN BUTTON

Well just by looks I was planning on maining Ken or Sagat but maybe I'll do some more investigation
Are some characters totally not viable?

This is the norm on PSN and you guys have fine with it? This shit would of been on XBN hours ago if it was available. Ugh, hate that Sony is the lead console this time around.

On top of that, I cant even pre-load it. PSN downloads are stupid slow. ughh. Fuck this, gonna go play Witcher 3.

foxmedik

Neo Member

Quad dipping for me, as I've got it on 360, PS3, and PC already. I'm sick of paying for Xbox Live just for one game, and I'd rather have all my games on my PS4.

Skilletor

This is the norm on PSN and you guys have fine with it? This shit would of been on XBN hours ago if it was available. Ugh, hate that Sony is the lead console this time around.

On top of that, I cant even pre-load it. PSN downloads are stupid slow. ughh. Fuck this, gonna go play Witcher 3.

lol.

Purest 78

I don't play my ps3 anymore It's really that simple for me.

My Xbox 360 is old and hilariously loud. It's used only for Street Fighter so avoiding the switching of consoles helps (PS4 and Wii U take up my two HDMI ports) as does not having to pay the additional cost of an Xbox Live subscription I'm not using.

In addition to that, when it's the only game I really play it makes sense to move to where the player base is. Plus remote play in bed will be nice.

I'd have also bought it anyway without those excuses because I'm obsessed with it.

EDIT: And yes! The Share button was a major reason I wanted the port in the first place. I've bought an Elgato HD60 since it was announced though so it'll feel like a bit of a downgrade for capture, haha.

I'll also enjoy going through the trials and stuff again.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Adding to not being discouraged, try not to take the amount points players have at face value. A lot of people playing in Endless may have no points or just a few, but that's only because they don't play Ranked. (This is me although I may start playing in Ranked again with this new release.)

Purest 78

It's really not a big deal to me once it downloads today It's not gonna disappear. So I see no reason to complain about about couple more hours. Also my my downloads are fast, faster than my sons Xb1 on the same connection.

ILoveBish

Saltshakerdancing.gif

Korezo

Is this the first time you use the playstation store the day of a update? Always updates like 6 hours before the end of the day lol. And what does Sony being lead console have to do with anything... Capcom isn't the one porting the game.

cheesekao

Thanks for the reply guys/gals! Looks like people have various reasons to double dip instead of simply double dipping for the sake of double dipping.

i would rather play it on my new system than my ps3

i can rub it in more by saying that its been available in europe for a while now

Nyx

I gave my 360 to my nieces, including the games.

Thanks for the reply guys/gals! Looks like most have legit reasons to double dip instead of simply double dipping for the sake of double dipping.

Why is "double dipping for the sake of double dipping" not legit?

Some people just want to support a franchise they love. Nothing more legit than love.

Mokubba

Whats Sony being the lead got to do with and didn't they pay for the port?

def sim

I agree that PSN should be a lot more automated with these releases like most other services. I'm sure Grace Chen time is incredibly endearing to some people here, but that stuff is weak.

thefit

Last day of my vacation and I really wish this was up already so I could put some time into it before the kids get out of school.

Top Bottom