• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unsubstantiated Rumor: Sony To Buy Rockstar and Tengu Restaurant?

FFChris

Visualante said:
It's about time we broke this one out.
63mg0lx.gif

Story behind this .gif? I'd love to know what the guy was playing.

Kinan

BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

"3. We did not in anyway intend to deny the fact that NeoGAF is made up of the most lovely posters in the world, their admins and mods, doubly so."

:)

lol, I've just checked their main page and they also have that bannable
Bioshock on PS3 this Spring
rumor with the same source (Tengu Restaurant, heh)

They would be better to spend the space on what was actually at that Sony event, tbh.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
FFChris said:
it's the ending of a 5min (more or less) video of this kid freaking out. i'm not sure what he was doing on it.

DrXym

If true, this seems like a pretty crazy move by Sony. Sure GTA might be a solid series, but look at the company. It's a financial and creative disaster zone.

Busty

Banned
dejay said:
New IP "Doin' Time" for Wii confirmed. Imagine the mini-games....

Having to dig a tunnel with a Melon Baller.

Tapping out recipes for Almond Brownies on the radiator pipes.

Decorating a shank with some tin foil and glitter.

This shit practically writes itself.

*PM's Reggie.*

Steroyd

FFChris said:

Unreal Tournament waiting for the game to load.

I'd provide youtube link but ma PSP can't do that.
try typing crazy German Kid in youtube.

Damn you PC people and your mouses.

Haunted

BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

"3. We did not in anyway intend to deny the fact that NeoGAF is made up of the most lovely posters in the world, their admins and mods, doubly so."
:lol :lol

gljvd

Banned
If true previous contracts must be kept which means gta 4 will still be on the 360 as well as exclusive content .

I still don't find this rumor to have any merit though , I don't see take 2 giving up rockstar that easily as they are their most profitable developer

Obaid

Banned
and no one wonders why the next RockStar project is ps3 exclusiv anymore. It was expecting. Sony doesnt cancle GTA 4 xbox to make more money with rockstar and then GTA sony exclusiv again :D

Darji

Banned
gljvd said:
If true previous contracts must be kept which means gta 4 will still be on the 360 as well as exclusive content .

I still don't find this rumor to have any merit though , I don't see take 2 giving up rockstar that easily as they are their most profitable developer
I dont believe this but it would make sense. Because L.A. Noir is at the moment still PS3 exclusive, And the other new one is PS3 exclusive too.

Zenith

Banned
most likely a bunch of uninformed speculation at dinner whilst discussing the recent "next rockstar IP = PS3 exclusive" news that PSU then took and spun into a story in order to get hits.

pswii60

Obaid said:
and no one wonders why the next RockStar project is ps3 exclusiv anymore. It was expecting. Sony doesnt cancle GTA 4 xbox to make more money with rockstar and then GTA sony exclusiv again :D

what

Kyosuke

Darji said:
I dont believe this but it would make sense. Because L.A. Noir is at the moment still PS3 exclusive, And the other new one is PS3 exclusive too.
.. and just a short while ago, Tabletennis and Bully were announced for the Wii. Nintendo buying Rockstar confirmed?

Busty

Banned
Darji said:

I wouldn't read too much into the fact La Noire is exclusive at the moment. Apparently the game was built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS3 including the space afforded a Blu Ray disc.

When R* bought the game (and indeed Team Bondi's contract with Sony) the game was already well into development. LA Noire might just find itself a PS3 exclusive by default.

In fact...... wait a minute. Could this mean that R*'s exclusive new IP for Sony, might just be the next game from Team Bondi after all? The game they work on after LA Noire?

Man, I should start my own site, I really should.

*E-mails CV to PSU*

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Obaid said:

Darji alt account confirmed.

Darji

Banned
Kyosuke said:
.. and just a short while ago, Tabletennis and Bully were announced for the Wii. Nintendo buying Rockstar confirmed?
they are all 2007 Titles. Maybe the deal confirms that its complete in the Year 2008 ^^

How would you explain the 2 PS3 exclusives from Rockstar otherwise?^^

nofi

AAK said:

I do too. Anyone can post a hit-baiting rumour to n4g and digg and get 2000 hits in an hour, and then backtrack and add footnotes to cover themselves...

But hey - could be true...

Borys

Banned
Obaid said:

English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?

rakka

Obaid said:

Me too.

Obaid

Banned
Borys said:
English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?

no, i only speak the worlds next most important language: chinese :D

nah sorry for my bad english expression,but sometimes you think german and write down english word :)

Busty said:
When R* bought the game (and indeed Team Bondi's contract with Sony) the game was already well into development. LA Noire might just find itself a PS3 exclusive by default.

Hmm, when LA Noire was first shown last year the trailor or something, on the OXM UK site forums, one of the staff (Online editor) said its definitely coming to 360, he did say that it might not be same day as PS3, but it will come to 360 and it was possibly a timed exclusive... so unless something has changed, it as least at one point was coming to 360...
His track record was good as well, he mentioned Banjo just before X06 coming to 360 and some other stuff.
The forum is arse now, plus he left.

pswii60

steverulez said:
Hmm, when LA Noire was first shown last year the trailor or something, on the OXM UK site forums, one of the staff (Online editor) said its definitely coming to 360, he did say that it might not be say day as PS3, but it will come to 360 and it was a timed exclusive... so unless something has changed, it as least at one point was coming to 360...
His track record was good as well, he mentioned Banjo just before X06 coming to 360 and some other stuff.
The forum is arse now, plus he left.

The most bizarre part of it, is LA Noire was original going to be a Sony published game, then they decided they didn't want to publish it anymore and it went to Rockstar. What the hell was all that about?

pswii60

rakka said:

Chinese is actually the most spoken primary-language in the world. (Given the insane population)

English is the most spoken primary and secondary language in the world.

Busty

Banned
Obaid said:
no, i only speak the worlds next most important language: chinese :D

nah sorry for my bad english expression,but sometimes you think german and write down english word :)

Don't worry about it. :D

Guys... what the hell are you doing, he's Chinese. We're probably all going to end up working for him in the next ten years in a Lenovo factory!!! Be cooll.

Keep up the good work Obaid.

Darji

Banned
Kyosuke said:
Sony gave them money?
for 2 games? theny why bother with that and before they spend agin lots of money for GTAV why not buy a company which is in an financial crisis right now?^^

Busty

Banned
pswii60 said:
The most bizarre part of it, is LA Noire was original going to be a Sony published game, then they decided they didn't want to publish it anymore and it went to Rockstar. What the hell was all that about?

Apparently..... apparently it was Phil Harrison who pulled the plug after what Team Bondi pitched and what they delivered were two very different things.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony gave R* preferred bidding rights (and maybe a good price) on the game and Team Bondi's contract in exchange for some other 'perks' like the exclusive new IP.

theBishop

Banned
I was at Gamestop, and the guy at the counter said his step-sister was dating a guy from Rockstar who said "Dude I'm totally psyched! Sony's Buying US OMGPS3FTW!".

Seems pretty conclusive to me.

this didn't happen.

Top Bottom