• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today: Ice cream on crazy streak this coming summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chungus

ae08a28a4babi77ui.gif

Kayhan

That is gross.

Not that peanut butter and pretzels aren't decent snacks on their own but they have no business in this world, or the next, being in ice cream.

And fudge is always nasty gunk.

I don't get the gelato obsession. It's just sloppy ice cream. And yeah, I've had it in Italy.

It's so much better, though?

The first time I had real gelato (in Ann Arbor, MI at a small shop), it was a REVELATION. I couldn't believe how much better it was that regular ice cream. I haven't had any that good since. If I were still in Ann Arbor, that place would be a weekly destination.

That said, I would just like to say that frozen yougrt stuff is shit and I wish it would die in a fire.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
2HFUh.png

this is my new fav ice cream sandwich.

There's an ice cream chain in my area called United Dairy Farmers that'll sandwich a giant dip of any flavor of ice cream that you want between two giant Oreo cookies for around $2. I love to get these with raspberry ice cream, it's amazing.

Replicant

Who the hell orders flavors like Vanilla or Chocolate or Strawberry when you've got insanely better tasting options right around it?

Cookie Dough?
Cookies and Cream?
Peanut Butter?
Coffee?
Chocolate Chip Mint?

You and I have similar tastebud. Except for that last item on your list. Hate it. It feels like you're eating chocolate while brushing teeth. XP

Ice cream thread?

Mochi or bust

D1ckx.jpg

These are awesome too. Green tea, sticky rice, and sesame yum.

ice+cream.jpg

Best ice cream ever. Green tea and peach flavors are close behind, though.

We don't have that taste in Australia. Why do you hate Australia so much Ben & Jerry? :/

It's okay. i bought an ice cream maker during the Mother Day's Special for $69 (retails for $180 or something) and it was a great deal. i want to make some fancy shit.

last summer the best 'weird' flavors i made were:

rosewater w/ cardamom and pistachio bits
brown sugar w/ cayenne pepper walnuts
brown sugar w/ ginger

i would make a durian one if it wasn't gonna stink up the whole building

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Watermelon Chip actually sounds interesting, but I haven't ate Ice Cream in years.

Adam J.

Damn this thread--so tempted to go to the store for a frosty treat right now. Stupid diet. Why can't I eat ice cream and not be fat?

All I need

Red-Velvet-sml1.jpg

It's certainly tasty...but I still feel ripped off, because last May's rotational cake flavor was the best ice cream ever made:

fTfJU.png

I've been waiting all year to see if Groom's Cake would return. Only to find this Red Velvet Cake nonsense replacing it.

Another classic Blue Bell May rotational flavor, Peaches & Homemade Vanilla (Gold Rim) is AWESOME though.

Never tried this one, but it sounds good:

Dessert Trio - Brown Rim
A triple treat of your most favorite desserts combined with our ice cream. Smooth vanilla ice cream loaded with chocolate chip cookie pieces, luscious pecan brownies, and chocolate-coated cake pieces all surrounded by a swirl of rich, chocolate sauce.

I love all the classic ice cream flavors. Mint chocolate chip, coffee, any fruit flavor (Alden's Blackberry is incredible), black walnut, pistachio, pralines and cream, rocky road, tutti frutti, even vanilla.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hilariously enough ice cream doesn't really cool down the person, and could even make one warm up faster.

i would make a durian one if it wasn't gonna stink up the whole building

I had durian ice cream last year at a Thai restaurant. It was my introduction to the fruit. It tasted like onion flavored ice cream, with some undertones. It wasn't nearly as bad as people say it is, but I wouldn't care to eat it again.I'll stick with coconut from now on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Real vanilla icecream is great. Vanilla has such an amazing, beautiful flavor.

It's getting harder to find actual real vanilla being used in store-bought products.

http://lenpenzo.com/blog/id9460-the-5-most-misleading-grocery-items-shoppers-waste-money-on.html

3. Vanilla flavored products

Did you know real vanilla is second only to saffron among the world’s most expensive spices? So it comes as no surprise that many products which claim this flavoring actually use a vanillin that is synthetically created, possibly using coal-tar derivatives.

9dfNd.gif

The frosting label you see at least notes that it’s artificial. But even fake vanilla can still be labeled as “natural flavors” or “naturally flavored.”

Why? Well between 2002 and 2005 there was a vanilla shortage and in turn, many manufacturers who were previously using the real deal had no choice but to use the fake stuff. Yet they never changed their labeling. The FDA remained mum on this, and the industry basically interpreted that as a green light to continue doing it.

So nowadays, even with a label saying “natural” you still might be getting that yummy coal-tar derivative.

Why don't they get real crazy and bring back Vienetta to the U.S.?!

vienetta_by_ellanaa-d2xtxs4.jpg

Still mad I never got to try this before it went away.

ZOMG, I thought I was the only one who knew of this. We use to always eat it at Christmas, bring it back dammit!

That DQ Blizzard looks good though, but I always get a different one every time anyway.

Delio

Who the hell orders flavors like Vanilla or Chocolate or Strawberry when you've got insanely better tasting options right around it?

Cookie Dough?
Cookies and Cream?
Peanut Butter?
Coffee?
Chocolate Chip Mint?

...there are so many better flavors than basic V/C/S it's madness to hear that they outsell the good shit. MADNESS!

My fav FOREVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom