• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

Zubz

Banned
So you're saying Blargonaut is town? He hasn't been remotely useful so far. I don't read him strongly as either town or scum right now.

It's probably because several people jumped at the same time, and the fact it happened earlier in the day (If we somehow reach majority, the day's cut short, giving the baddies another kill before we can discuss anything further).

That said, as much as I love Blarg antics, this book nonsense needs to turn a page because it's turning into noise (And he didn't respond to my attempt to shift his focus back on why he thinks Mazre'd a cruel waiter or whatever). I want to see if anything pops up today, but for now Blarg is by far our safest kill; worst case scenario is we lose a power role that was going inert. Best case and we get rid of an evil role and conversation flows more freely.

Hobohodo

We only had 9 people on the top 2 candidates and only 12 on the top 3 with a number of people picking up single votes. I'd say almost certainly 1 in the 9 players on Gorlak and Trigger, 1 in the Other column, and 2-3 (depending on strength/neutrals) spread among all remaining players regardless of vote grouping (i.e. could be 2 or more in the top 2 candidates or 'other' columns but near certainly 1 in each.)

I kinda feel like this is a bit of a long winded way to just say that mafias votes are probably spread all around. Can't really put a finger on why this bothers me, maybe the last minute vote stuff from Day 1? I appreciate the table mind, helps keep track of the votes more easily than the big long list.

Batsnacks is off my radar for now, as i am getting town vibes from him, though him and mazre could be working together as scum... seeing as how they both flipped on gorlak last minute and mazre came out saying that "Batsnacks is giving me the most solidly town vibe of anyone playing at the moment. " in a post.

This could be them trying to get the heat off of batsnacks, I wouldn't have thought this had it not been for their last minute flip. . .

Neither were seeming scummy till the vote shenanigans right at the end of day and it would be pretty crazy for two of them to go for it day 1. Not convinced that even one of them is scum at the moment so the prospect that they both would be seems even less likely.

Have your book signed!
  1. _______Fat4all________✍
  2. ______infinit777______✍
  3. _______Zubz_________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍
  6. ____________________✍
  7. ____________________✍
  8. ____________________✍

In the hopes will lead to something when the list is full I'm gonna ask to have my book signed.​

Dr. Worm

Banned
I don't think much of anything has changed regarding Blarg. If you don't like his posts, you don't have to respond to them or acknowledge them; that's fine with me. But don't vote for him just to get him out of the game, unless you can back up an assertion that he's scum. We have bigger fish to fry; using a day to punish someone for RPing does us no good.

Right now, my suspicions lie more with Mazre and batsnacks for yesterday's lynch. I'd also like to ask squidyj to back up his statement regarding people voting for Blarg.

Have your book signed!
  3. ____________________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍
  6. ____________________✍
  7. ____________________✍

Sign me up. Might be worth something some day.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I could also vote Ynnek for his safe and uncontroversial contributions on D1.

I wonder why AB died though. He did have suspicion on him. The only reason I can think is that scum thought he was a PR. I'll go back an re-read his posts. I know this is WIFOM territory but sometimes scum are straightforward.

If Blarg is scum, I expect the scum team is made up of people who can't really influence him or who aren't his biggest fans. Otherwise I would have expected some kind of gambit by now.

Gonna have to add me to the list of people mostly busy with Thanksgiving this day phase. Not doing much with family until Saturday, but retail has decided that Black Friday starts Thursday nowadays, lol.

Currently suspicious of a few people.
Satanic Saint - Made it through Night 1 safely. Maybe there is no truth to your claim yesterday, but the longer you live now the more suspicious it's going to seem.
squidyj - Started the game out asking whether or not we should vote out Blarg and now has placed a vote on Swamped, seemingly for wanting Blarg lynched.
MickD - Still hasn't given us anything of value, other than that his vote was an OMGUS vote, which was pretty much expected.

I spent a lot of the night phase pretty suspicious of Mazre, but I think that's dying down for now. Gorlak had been hinting that something might be up with his role with his early self-voting and weird posting. I can understand the temptation of wanting to see exactly what he was hiding (which we now know was absolutely nothing).

For the time being, I think my vote will go on to

Story time has been fun, but it would be nice to get something that we can use.

Seems there's only 1 train leaving the station right now, gonna make the most of it.

vote: Infinit777

Have your book signed!
  3. _______Zubz_________✍
  4. ____________________✍
  5. ____________________✍
  6. ____________________✍
  7. ____________________✍
  8. ____________________✍

Thanks...​

In the hopes will lead to something when the list is full I'm gonna ask to have my book signed.

Wasn't the list originally just 5 spots? Why was it expanded?​

Fat4all

Banned
Blarg getting votes day two isn't shocking, and the people voting for Blarg is equally unshocking. I am considering a Blarg vote as well, from what I've seen in past games I've read a bit sometimes you need to pressure Blarg a bit to get the most out of them. But at the same time, a vote for Blarg at this point feels unnecessary when there are other people worth looking into for possibly being scum.

MickD is getting a bit more into it. It's strange that they would go after ynnek a bit considering several people have called them out on the same exact thing. Maybe that's just coincidental.

There's a bit of a case starting to build against Swamped, and while at first it seemed like squidyj was leading the charge, there's been a few people pushing towards a swamped lynch. I can see where some of the weariness comes from, but I don't see where some of the certainty comes from. I'd like it if someone could breakdown the Swamped=Scum equation at the moment.

When it comes to batsnacks actions, I can see how hard it is to argue for or against being town. I feel like if they were scum, they would of tried to play up being sorry a lot more after pushing for a Gorlak lynch last min.. The AB kill also seems like a red herring. Not worth biting right now.

Mazre seems to be getting a bit more heat than bats from the lynch, and their excuses for the vote swap isn't super relieving. The chart they made seems like effort for efforts sake, it doesn't give the same kind of info you get from the official list that's posted (where it shows swapped or canceled votes). I'm getting a bit of a scum-lean.

It's actually kinda hard at this point to get reads on players like Dusk or infinit or Christina, even though they've all contributed so far. Might need to read over day one and two a bit more.

Zubz

Banned
vote: Infinit777

Hang on, I'm failing to see the connection?

Wasn't the list originally just 5 spots? Why was it expanded?

It is; I signed hoping Blarg had an endgame, but now it seems like the endgame was to keep attention on him.

no.
I want you to back up my statement.
all of you.

Again, it makes sense to me. Several people jumped on the same player at once. It's a very easy opportunity for Evil Roles to slip in a vote without needing to give much of an argument (Christina's argument was basically "Because everyone else is doing it," for example. Plus a .GIF).

Granted, for all we know Blarg's an evil role and it's all Camarilla on him right now. Or it could be some next level stuff and one of them is a Camarilla that isn't confident Blarg will get the most votes but wants to keep suspicion off of a suspicious player (I doubt it'd be easy to reign Blarg in if you're on a small team with him).

batsnacks

I think Trigger is the best lynch right now until he gives us more content to work with, what with how the lynch was resolved yesterday.

Vote: Trigger

I think Trigger is the best lynch right now until he gives us more content to work with, what with how the lynch was resolved yesterday.

Vote: Trigger

So if Trigger flips town what will that tell us?

This is only my second game with him but I read Batman mafia where he was actually town and he gave off scum vibes constantly. I'm feeling that something similar is happening. Still, I'd go along with his lynch today rather than late in the game.

batsnacks

So if Trigger flips town what will that tell us?

This is only my second game with him but I read Batman mafia where he was actually town and he gave off scum vibes constantly. I'm feeling that something similar is happening. Still, I'd go along with his lynch today rather than late in the game.

If Trigger is town then the two main wagons at the very end of yesterday were town/town. If that's the case it will mean that mafia was not under any pressure to control the lynch yesterday and could sit back and let town pursue either outcome. We can look at the people that voted early and stuck (people with no inclination to switch votes), and we can look at the people who were more apathetic towards the end of the first phase.

The people pushing hard and making cases for their reads look better as mafia could be content to sit back: mazre and me who lynched gorlak, also swamped who pushed zubz.

If Trigger is mafia reverse that pretty much. People diverting attention and votes away from Trigger is suspect in that case.

squidyj

If Trigger is town then the two main wagons at the very end of yesterday were town/town. If that's the case it will mean that mafia was not under any pressure to control the lynch yesterday and could sit back and let town pursue either outcome. We can look at the people that voted early and stuck (people with no inclination to switch votes), and we can look at the people who were more apathetic towards the end of the first phase.

The people pushing hard and making cases for their reads look better as mafia could be content to sit back: mazre and me who lynched gorlak, also swamped who pushed zubz.

If Trigger is mafia reverse that pretty much. People diverting attention and votes away from Trigger is suspect in that case.

I'd love to waste a day phase learning basically nothing.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'd love to waste a day phase learning basically nothing.

Do you think we'll be able to get more information from lynching someone voting for Blargonaut currently?

I'm willing to work with that, but I apologize if I'm a bit slow on the uptake; I'm not overly familiar with GAF Mafia logic, as you may have noticed.

I don't see anything overtly scummy in Trigger, but lynching based on support for a Blarg lynch seems just as flimsy to me. At least with a Mazre or batsnacks lynch, we're working off of some kind of firm, established basis.

Do you think we'll be able to get more information from lynching someone voting for Blargonaut currently?

I'm willing to work with that, but I apologize if I'm a bit slow on the uptake; I'm not overly familiar with GAF Mafia logic, as you may have noticed.

I don't see anything overtly scummy in Trigger, but lynching based on support for a Blarg lynch seems just as flimsy to me. At least with a Mazre or batsnacks lynch, we're working off of some kind of firm, established basis.

Mazre/batsnacks being scum, only makes sense if Trigger is also scum.

If Trigger is town, why put so much effort to make sure Golark is lynched over him?

Scum can kill whoever they want using their night kill, so they're not going to push too hard to control the day lynch. They're just going to try to nudge town away from scum lynches.

The best person of the three to lynch would be Trigger. But if you don't really suspect him, then there's not much of a point in pursuing it.

batsnacks

What's the "firm, established basis" you're describing here? I want to hear more about that.

It sounds like you think Trigger is town. You think both I, and Mazre, as mafia, in the last 5 minutes of the day made a giant scene to swing the votes from 1 town to another town?

Fat4all

Banned
You think both I, and Mazre, as mafia, in the last 5 minutes of the day made a giant scene to swing the votes from 1 town to another town?

Personally, I think it'd be nuts if both of you were mafia.

But I'd probably give fairly good odds that at least one of you are.

That's just my gut, tho

batsnacks

Personally, I think it'd be nuts if both of you were mafia.

But I'd probably give fairly good odds that at least one of you are.

That's just my gut, tho

because you think Trigger is mafia and one of us voted to save him or is there some other basis for you thinking that?

Gorlak

Banned
giphy.gif

If I were mafia, odds are I'd be targeting someone experienced like Mazre for the NK. It's possible that a doctor might cover him though with his limited presence in D1 and last minute vote switch didn't help put him in a good light. He might be a possible lynch candidate for upcoming days if town is nudged in that direction.

squidyj

If I were mafia, odds are I'd be targeting someone experienced like Mazre for the NK. It's possible that a doctor might cover him though with his limited presence in D1 and last minute vote switch didn't help put him in a good light. He might be a possible lynch candidate for upcoming days if town is nudged in that direction.

wut.

batsnacks

Christina you doc'ing? you doc'ing bro?

I'm sorry rofl

batsnacks

so you're saying you don't have any reads to give?

I think Christina is saying they think Mazre is town, which is something. I am happy that player Christina is posting things.

I would put Mazre on the no lynch list this phase. Mazre has provided a lot of content to the game and had some good posts.

batsnacks

last phase Swamped voted Trigger, now she's voting blarg? What changed? Trigger hasn't done anything and blarg hasn't done anything different.

last phase ynnek voted MickD, now ynnek is voting blarg? What changed?

last phase Christina Mackenzie voted dusk soldier, now Christina Mackenzie is voting blarg? What changed?

Two of the present blarg voters were off of the main wagons yesterday, why are you throwing away your votes? Do you believe blarg is mafia or are you just looking for an easy place to park?

Satanic Saint was a contender for the lynch last phase. No one is voting him this phase. Timeaisis and hobohodo, what are you going to do today?

Day 1 votes

blargonaut (0)
squidyj 74 (274)
swamped 216 (403)

gorlak (5)
gorlak 122 (138)
trigger 156
squidyj 274 (318)
mickd 355
stmeph 427
batsnacks 460
mazre 475