• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Role of Nala in "Live-Action" (LOL) Lion King is Beyonce's if she wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
beyonce-nala-2.jpg

Beyonce hasn't agreed to anything yet, but Variety's running it so it means Jon Favreau is serious about her doing it, and as the article states:

But since it's a voice-acting role, sources say the studio and director will do whatever it takes to accommodate her schedule.

Question: How far above a billion worldwide does this push the movie?

Reminder: Donald Glover is playing the voice of Simba, and James Earl Jones is returning as Mufasa.

I appreciate him for Iron Man, but man Favreau continues to destroy Disney classics. Random big name celebrities were awful for Jungle Book and this looks to be more of the same.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, let's this happen please for the bitter tears decrying this vision.

kunonabi

I haven't actually seen her act but at least it isn't Rihanna. Glover seems like a good pick for Simba. Broderick was always the weak link in the original.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sounds good, best thing about it is, with Bey and Childish, we could have them do some of the singing numbers too.

Hoping they bring back Irons too as Scar.

Yeah she 2 street

Concur, She's too street for the jungle.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wouldn't she make more sense as the mom? Anyway, Nala was orange, so yet again, Hollywood is miscasting ethnicities.

Edit. LOL forgot about SINGING because I was thinking Disney, so they'd just have a singer singing the singing parts. Bey is fine. Rihanna would be good too and has a more interesting voice (not better, just more interesting).

James Earl Jones should still be dad.

Skip the big name celebrities. Give someone else a shot. (and if there's still gonna be a lot of singing involved, I'm thinking Cynthia Erivo)

Deepwater

The Lion King was, for a long time, Disney's most successful movie, so it makes sense that they are going all out for this remake.

do we know if this going to be full blown musical like Beauty and The Beast, or more like Jungle Book which has not that many singing?

I need to know who is playing Scar. Assuming Timon and Pumba's original VAs will return.

This is going to be the defining movie for a long time. Quote this post in 1.5 years to laugh at me if I'm wrong.

Would Tim Curry make a good Scar?

jett

D-Member
I guess it doesn't matter much since it's voice acting but you'd think they were aiming for someone younger.

I really only need two things confirmed to have faith in this project:

1.- Jeremy Irons returning as Scar

2.- Confirmation that the Circle of Life song and sequence will not be touched or messed with on any fucking level whatsoever. Shot for shot remake or I riot.

Rydeen

If they recreate the original teaser trailer which is just a condensed version of the 'Circle of Life' opening for the teaser to this, it's automatically made over a billion worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom