• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Heaven 2 Electric Bugaloo 2/18 - Zero new games, massive price drop, Vita RIP

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
no new games aside hope the price cut has an effect :)
Well, the system did see a small boost after new year's so cost was an issue. Hopefully it'll be enough, though I think it should've been done with a permanent memory card bundle as well.

jeremy1456

no new games aside hope the price cut has an effect :)

It will.

Historically price cuts have an effect for a few weeks then things go back down to where they were before. Expecting more of a difference might be a little unrealistic.

Hardware doesn't sell without software. Vita will be right back down to where it was before, only Sony will be earning less per unit sold.

Drek

We'll see how it does in these two weeks. I really don't think it's going to be enough to have any momentum at all.

If that doesn't gain them any momentum at all then they really are fucked and there isn't any point of pushing more money behind it or any other dedicated handled again, sure.

But bitching because they aren't teasing some random unknown IP that will magically save the system when the two best hopes the system has in Japan are almost here, now paired with new system colors + healthy price cuts + bundles, is putting the cart before the horse.

Lets see how the market responds to the relevant news from this show over the next month or two.

Shinta

Banned
I'll never understand the endless cynicism from some people on here in regards to the Vita. It just honestly seems like a lot of people complaining who have no intention to get a Vita, no matter what they do.

For those that are actually looking for a handheld system to own, in reality, it's a great option even now.

I have 22 PSP games. I'm happy with PSP. There's a few more games I could probably get, but I felt like I used it a ton, and have a large library of games. I had the system for years.

I've had the Vita for less than 1 year now, and I currently own:

1) Uncharted: Golden Abyss
2) Gravity Rush
3) Dokuro
4) Wipeout
5) Metal Gear HD Collection
6) Shinobido 2
7) Project Diva f
8) Assassin's Creed: Liberation
9) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
10) Mutant Blobs Attack
11) Retro City Rampage
12) Chronovolt
13) Jet Set Radio
14) Army Corps of Hell
15) Ninja Gaiden Sigma +
16) Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
17) Sine Mora
18) Sumioni: Demon Arts
19) New Little King's Story
20) Sound Shapes
21) Playstation Mobile (1 - Samurai Beatdown, 2 - Numblast, 3 - Beats Slider, 4 - Lemmings, 5 - Cubixx, 6 - Beats Trellis)

These are the games that I want to get, but haven't had the money to pick up yet.

22) Lumines: Electric Symphony
23) Rayman: Origins
24) Persona 4 Golden
25) Ragnarok Odyssey
26) Touch My Katamari
27) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +
28) Super Stardust Delta
29) Virtua Tennis 4
30) Escape Plan
31) DJMax Technika Tune
32) Hot Shots Golf
33) Sly Cooper 4
34) Playstation All-Stars
35) Orgarhythm
36) Silent Hill: Book of Memories

That's not covering all the games I don't have. Other people probably want some of those, like Mortal Kombat, Fifa, Street Fighter and so on.

And here's the list of currently announced, upcoming games I want to get.

37) Toukiden
38) Dead or Alive 5+
39) Final Fantasy X HD Remix
40) Muramasa
41) Killzone Mercenary
42) Tearaway
43) Valhalla Knights 3
44) Kickbeat
45) Dragon's Crown
46) Soul Sacrifice
47) God Eater 2
48) Ys: Memories of Celceta
49) Rainbow Moon
50) Phantasy Star Online 2

Pretty sure I'm forgetting some. But yeah, that's over twice as many games as I have on PSP after years and years of owning it and I've only had the Vita for 1 year!

Rumored games in development that I want.

51) Upcoming unannounced game from Sony Bend
52) Gravity Rush 2

What is wrong with you people!?!? If you don't want any of these, fine. But damn ... don't act like the system is a complete failure. Don't act like it has no games. Games are not at all the problem. They have more games now than I can even buy, let alone play them all. On top of this, I've got PS+ on it for no extra cost since I had a PS3 already, not to mention the slow trickle of niche PSP games that are still coming over here.

Yopis

Probably the 3G, no one really bought it anyway. Among the two I'd still get the Wifi even though they're the same price as I don't use 3G, the 3G model is a bit heavier than the Wifi one and I don't want the extra weight. I think it also has worse battery life, but I'm not sure about that.

Bought 3g /sniff.....no really compared to my friends and coworkers, battery is the.same.

And now we're back to lists. Don't believe anyone here is saying Vita has no games for anyone. It obviously appeals to some niche otherwsie sales would be 0.

Perkel

Banned
I'll say a 100 buck price drop is a pretty huge event for the platform. Wouldn't you?

Nope. It's a 50 buck price drop for the barebones Wifi model. It's a 100 buck price drop for both the 3G model and the 3G bundle with a 32gig card.

That's like saying newest ferrari dropped 50% off its price but for most the most expensive model.

Most of people buy Wi-fi version + 4 GB card. Which means 50$ at most.

The resurrection of the PSP started when sony launched the PSP 2.0 + FF7 Crisis Core Pack.

This can be the same scenario with PSVita 2.0 + FFX HD pack.

The thing here is...

WHY SONY YOU HAVE TO RESURRECT YOUR FUCKING HANDHELD TWICE WITH A HARDWARE REVISION???? DIDNT YOU LEARN NOTHING LAST TIME OR ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID???

This is depressing, is like Sony is trolling all the people that pays $250 for this.

FFX HD is not FF7 Crisis Core. FFX HD is a port, not new game and it was good game.

PSP was revived because it got new games like FF7 Crisis Core, Monster Hunter, MGS: Peace Walker, Tactics Ogre and shit ton of other new games.

Right now Sony is fallowing PSP trial of ports which was proven to be unsuccessful.

Let's hope Vita is from day one profitable and they will support it for years.

Mael

If that doesn't gain them any momentum at all then they really are fucked and there isn't any point of pushing more money behind it or any other dedicated handled again, sure.

But bitching because they aren't teasing some random unknown IP that will magically save the system when the two best hopes the system has in Japan are almost here, now paired with new system colors + healthy price cuts + bundles, is putting the cart before the horse.

Lets see how the market responds to the relevant news from this show over the next month or two.

Yeah huh the competition seems to be doing well selling dedicated handheld then again it's unfair, they tend to release software people want to buy...

Liamario

Banned
I'll never understand the endless cynicism from some people on here in regards to the Vita. It just honestly seems like a lot of people complaining who have no intention to get a Vita, no matter what they do.

For those that are actually looking for a handheld system to own, in reality, it's a great option even now.

I have 22 PSP games. I'm happy with PSP. There's a few more games I could probably get, but I felt like I used it a ton, and have a large library of games. I had the system for years.

I've had the Vita for less than 1 year now, and I currently own:

1) Uncharted: Golden Abyss
2) Gravity Rush
3) Dokuro
4) Wipeout
5) Metal Gear HD Collection
6) Shinobido 2
7) Project Diva f
8) Assassin's Creed: Liberation
9) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
10) Mutant Blobs Attack
11) Retro City Rampage
12) Chronovolt
13) Jet Set Radio
14) Army Corps of Hell
15) Ninja Gaiden Sigma +
16) Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
17) Sine Mora
18) Sumioni: Demon Arts
19) New Little King's Story
20) Sound Shapes
21) Playstation Mobile (1 - Samurai Beatdown, 2 - Numblast, 3 - Beats Slider, 4 - Lemmings, 5 - Cubixx, 6 - Beats Trellis)

These are the games that I want to get, but haven't had the money to pick up yet.

22) Lumines: Electric Symphony
23) Rayman: Origins
24) Persona 4 Golden
25) Ragnarok Odyssey
26) Touch My Katamari
27) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +
28) Super Stardust Delta
29) Virtua Tennis 4
30) Escape Plan
31) DJMax Technika Tune
32) Hot Shots Golf
33) Sly Cooper 4
34) Playstation All-Stars
35) Orgarhythm
36) Silent Hill: Book of Memories

That's not covering all the games I don't have. Other people probably want some of those, like Mortal Kombat, Fifa, Street Fighter and so on.

And here's the list of currently announced, upcoming games I want to get.

37) Toukiden
38) Dead or Alive 5+
39) Final Fantasy X HD Remix
40) Muramasa
41) Killzone Mercenary
42) Tearaway
43) Valhalla Knights 3
44) Kickbeat
45) Dragon's Crown
46) Soul Sacrifice
47) God Eater 2
48) Ys: Memories of Celceta
49) Rainbow Moon
50) Phantasy Star Online 2

Pretty sure I'm forgetting some. But yeah, that's over twice as many games as I have on PSP after years and years of owning it and I've only had the Vita for 1 year!

Rumored games in development that I want.

51) Upcoming unannounced game from Sony Bend
52) Gravity Rush 2

What is wrong with you people!?!? If you don't want any of these, fine. But damn ... don't act like the system is a complete failure. Don't act like it has no games. Games are not at all the problem. They have more games now than I can even buy, let alone play them all. On top of this, I've got PS+ on it for no extra cost since I had a PS3 already, not to mention the slow trickle of niche PSP games that are still coming over here.

That's a respectable list and raises the question again as to why the console isn't selling as it should. I think personally marketing is a HUGE issue. It's almost non existent.

Can I ask what the price drop will be in the EU/US?

Mr. Fix

A subjective list. If we're going that route, then only 2 interest me, with one already expected to come to the PS3. With the price cut most likely due overseas as well, we'll finally see if the problem lies in it's library or pricing, but I'm willing to bet on both to an extent. MH for example, was undoubtedly a huge loss for Japan.

Drek

The bitching generally comes from three sources:
1. people who are more focused on console warz and think "games!" is entirely what it takes to sell hardware. The Vita is not selling, therefore it must not have "games!". The fact that it's price point is too high for it's target audience and that hasn't been marketing heavily anywhere escape these people.

2. people who are Nintendo fans and want to keep chiming in because not having Mario, Pokemon, etc. means who have "no games". These are the same people who claim PSP only had Monster Hunter.

3. people who don't really want a handheld but feel like not being interested in having one makes them less of a gamer. They basically argue that Sony needs to lock a high tier console exclusive behind a $200-$300 pay wall of hardware exclusivity in order to blackmail them into buying the system, when they in fact still won't buy the system.

Can't much argue with any of those, as they aren't approaching this from a place of reason. Sony just announced the single most compelling push they've ever given the Vita in Japan. If they aren't completely fucking dumb and actually get a media blitz out over the next month or so for this we'll get a real test of the Vita's long term chances.

Seriously, calm down guys. There are other games we KNOW are coming. This event clearly wasnt meant to announce them. Its like watching a McDonalds add and screaming "ALL CHICKEN ARE DEAD, NO MORE CHICKEN, THEY ARE ALL BEING KILLED, AAAAAH".
Wait, no more chicken, or they just out of chicken?

jeremy1456

ppl just want to know what games are coming out in 2-3 years time like ND. Not just games coming out this year

Even more games coming out later this year would have been nice.

It needs more games. There's very little that will drive hardware sales, and so to assume there was more only seemed logical.

Scratch that, it's necessary to have more games than they currently do. Sales will simply continue plummeting after the price drop effect wears off.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ppl just want to know what games are coming out in 2-3 years time like ND. Not just games coming out this year

Nintendo Direct doesn't focus on games coming out in 2-3 years time. Only the last Wii U one had some games that won't come out this year, the 3DS ones have only concentrated on things a few months ahead.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
So let me get this straight, GAF:

-at a conference that had zero hype or advertising

-that was literally announced only 24 hours ago

-directed only at a Japanese audience

-in which they announce a ~$50 price cut and solid dates for ~10 games launching in the next month and more shown & implied in the short term

-but no new game announcements

-at a conference that, keep in mind, didn't exist 24 hours ago

-that takes place just two days before a conference Sony has been hyping up like no other for weeks that will be directed to the entire world and is supposed to show the "future of PlayStation"

...Why would anyone in their right mind have expected Sony to announce anything substantial or relevant to a worldwide audience HERE? Of course it was disappointing that they didn't announce at least one new title, but I had my expectations is check considering the context that this event took place in.

Also, a $50 price cut to the base model is perfectly reasonable and consoles have had their prices chopped by $50 plenty of times. The 3G model only got cut by more because there was no demand for it compared to the cheaper Wi-fi version, even among early adopters who would be more willing to pony up for one. And when people's prime concern about the system is the price of entry, those people don't care about a more expensive version of the hardware that only has a benefit if you pay an extra subscription. To 99% of potential Vita purchasers, all the Vita got was a $50 price cut.

It isn't a "massive" cut at all. A massive cut would be the first 3DS price cut. Some proper perspective would be appreciated.

I hate to use the "GAF hivemind" meme here, but it's true virtually all of the time: Anytime there is any kind of new event or conference, GAF hypes itself up to completely silly and unreasonable levels, only to inevitably disappoint itself when reality doesn't match up to the stratospheric expectations that could never be met. You can set your watch to it, it's so consistent. I've seen it happen dozens of times over the past few years. It'll probably happen on 2/20, even though the odds are as good as they are going to get at a big event that GAF will generally have their expectations met.

Look, it's obvious that the Vita is not in good shape. It needs several things to kickstart some momentum by E3 at the absolute latest to get developers to make games for it. We got one of those things in the price cut.

If we don't hear anything on 2/20, then I have real serious concerns about how they are handling it. If we don't hear anything noteworthy through E3, then the Vita is unquestionably dead. Those are their clear chances as of now and they could do another conference in between then and E3 if they wanted to.

Those are the make-or-break events for the Vita. 2/20 and E3, along with any other events Sony decides to hype up. But this event, which had zero hype from Sony and was focused nearly entirely on Japanese Vita games confirmed for release in the next few months, is make or break? And the Vita is finally dead now because a small conference underwhelmed? C'mon, people.

Kyon

Banned
Even more games coming out later this year would have been nice.

It needs more games. There's very little that will drive hardware sales, and so to assume there was more only seemed logical.

Scratch that, it's necessary to have more games than they currently do. Sales will simply continue plummeting after the price drop effect wears off.

MHM

they should have shown a GR2 teaser, Yakuza trailer, GT teaser :p

hey JPSales-AgeSlimer give me your thoughts on the pricecut im curious

Temporary few week boost unless Soul Sacrifice becomes the breakout hit of the generation. By April it will be back below 10k.

It isn't a "massive" cut at all. A massive cut would be the first 3DS price cut. Some proper perspective would be appreciated.

3g model got the same cut the 3DS did. It's massive.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nintendo Direct doesn't focus on games coming out in 2-3 years time. Only the last Wii U one had some games that won't come out this year, the 3DS ones have only concentrated on things a few months ahead.
The Wii U's market position in Nintendo direct is definitely more comparable to the Vita. Nintendo (like Square here) pulled out whatever development scraps they had lying around in order to make long term promises. Zelda/FFXHD images and character redesign shots.

Vita has games coming, so they chose to showcase them with the price drop (everything other than Dragon's Crown and FFXHD is out by summer). It would've been nice to have hype-inducing crazy ass trailers for like Bayonetta or X (or some other game without a release year) to finish it all off though.

Drek

Yeah huh the competition seems to be doing well selling dedicated handheld then again it's unfair, they tend to release software people want to buy...

Is English your first language? I certainly hope not, because you suck at reading it in it's written form.

Did I even mention their competition? Nope, pretty sure I didn't. I was speaking directly to the viability of them making a dedicated handheld again. You are trying to read more than what is written.

Also, just how well is that competition doing? Selling their handheld at a loss for the first time ever, having basically every major 3rd party handheld IP as well as their own first party IPs out on the platform, and yet it's all but dead outside Japan where it is still far off the pace it's predecessor set. Bodes well for the future of the product line, no?

Kyon

Banned
Temporary few week boost unless Soul Sacrifice becomes the breakout hit of the generation. By April it will be back below 10k.

k :) let me pray for SS to benefit from the price cut >_< i want it to be a franchise. I mean they dont have MH anymore so they need THAT game that will sell systems. Hopefully this works? What are your predictions on SS?

The Wii U's market position in Nintendo direct is definitely more comparable to the Vita. Nintendo (like Square here) pulled out whatever development scraps they had lying around in order to make long term promises. Zelda/FFXHD images and character shots.

I can agree with this. In the short term Vita will definitely be outselling Wii U. It'll be a battle for who can outshit each other once Wii Fit U comes out.

k :) let me pray for SS to benefit from the price cut >_< i want it to be a franchise. I mean they dont have MH anymore so they need THAT game that will sell systems. Hopefully this works? What are your predictions on SS?

150-200k LTD.

Mael

The bitching generally comes from three sources:
1. people who are more focused on console warz and think "games!" is entirely what it takes to sell hardware. The Vita is not selling, therefore it must not have "games!". The fact that it's price point is too high for it's target audience and that hasn't been marketing heavily anywhere escape these people.

No really if the games were that appealing, people would be flocking to it in droves.
They may be good games to you but clearly most people think differently or...wait for it...they would be buying it.
And marketing isn't a magic trick to make an unappealing product sell btw.
Nintendo should have learned that with the GC and Virtual Boy if they weren't stupid.

Pistolero

I found the games that were presented to be compelling for the most part, and the price cut, if it materializes in North America, will entice me to get me one of those Vitas! Don't understand the hysteria and overdramatic responses to an event that no one knew it was coming a couple of days ago...

jeremy1456

So, what's the likelihood of them actually revealing compelling Vita exclusives on the 20th? I thought the 20th was gonna be a strictly PS4 thing...

No Vita thread is complete without the 'wait for... (insert random show/event here).'

We all know how well that worked last year.

Artemisia

Banned
No Vita thread is complete without the 'wait for... (insert random show/event here).'

We all know how well that worked last year.

Right? I think it's time to come to terms with the situation.

ripmortis1n5sun.gif

Pistolero

No really if the games were that appealing, people would be flocking to it in droves.
They may be good games to you but clearly most people think differently or...wait for it...they would be buying it.
Nintendo should have learned that with the GC and Virtual Boy if they weren't stupid.

Appealing doesn't mean good or interesting necessarily...

Mael

Is English your first language? I certainly hope not, because you suck at reading it in it's written form.

Did I even mention their competition? Nope, pretty sure I didn't. I was speaking directly to the viability of them making a dedicated handheld again. You are trying to read more than what is written.

Also, just how well is that competition doing? Selling their handheld at a loss for the first time ever, having basically every major 3rd party handheld IP as well as their own first party IPs out on the platform, and yet it's all but dead outside Japan where it is still far off the pace it's predecessor set. Bodes well for the future of the product line, no?

And your argument suck harder than my comprehension.
You mentionned the competition by simply stating that no dedicated handheld were worth making.
Nintendo's problem with the 3DS have plenty to do with 3D never taking off and being mislead into thinking that people would pay a premium for that rather than people never wanting dedicated handheld ever again.
It was never doing as well as the DS considering it's their best product line ever and 3DS is anything but that.
In short, you're wrong because you don't understand the competition's problems in the 1rst place.
And dead outside of Japan? Vita must be in the 8th circle of hell in every market then.

Appealing doesn't mean good or interesting necessarily...

Well, yes of course it does.
Why do you think people buy software to begin with?
Because it looks good on a shelf?

Drek

Message board frequenting hardcore gamers want to know what's coming out in 2-3 years. Most consumers wouldn't know anyway and don't give a shit if they did. What's out now and what comes out in the imminent future sells hardware. Sony needs to focus on those titles, namely marketing those titles, not showing off new shit we'll get some day down the road.

So, what's the likelihood of them actually revealing compelling Vita exclusives on the 20th? I thought the 20th was gonna be a strictly PS4 thing...
I'd say slim to none. The 2/20 event is likely for unveiling the PS4. Announcing anything for Vita there will step on the message or get lost in the noise completely.

GDC, E3, and TGS will continue to be where Sony primarily announces new Vita software. Can't say there's much wrong with that as last year those shows were when they really rolled out all the noteworthy 2013 titles (Tearaway, Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, PSO2, Ys, etc.).

Vita Heaven has and will continue to be used as a flash press event to drum up hype for near term Vita software and announcements. That is how they have always used it.

cafemomo

Let's see what we saw;

Monster Hunter Online
Monster Hunter Musou
Monster Hunter Inafune
Monster Hunter with 7 players
Monster Hunter with Robots
Monster Hunter 2D
Monster Hunter Falcom RPG
HD Classics of the first Monster Hunter Game starring Yuna from the FINAL FANTASY® series

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Let's see what we saw;

Monster Hunter Online
Monster Hunter Musou
Monster Hunter Inafune
Monster Hunter with 7 players
Monster Hunter with Robots
Monster Hunter 2D
Monster Hunter Falcom RPG
HD Classics of the first Monster Hunter Game starring Yuna from the FINAL FANTASY® series
That didn't go over well the first time it was posted either.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So let me get this straight, GAF:

-at a conference that had zero hype or advertising

-that was literally announced only 24 hours ago

-directed only at a Japanese audience

-in which they announce a ~$50 price cut and solid dates for ~10 games launching in the next month and more shown & implied in the short term

-but no new game announcements

-at a conference that, keep in mind, didn't exist 24 hours ago

-that takes place just two days before a conference Sony has been hyping up like no other for weeks that will be directed to the entire world and is supposed to show the "future of PlayStation"

...Why would anyone in their right mind have expected Sony to announce anything substantial or relevant to a worldwide audience HERE? Of course it was disappointing that they didn't announce at least one new title, but I had my expectations is check considering the context that this event took place in.

Also, a $50 price cut to the base model is perfectly reasonable and consoles have had their prices chopped by $50 plenty of times. The 3G model only got cut by more because there was no demand for it compared to the cheaper Wi-fi version, even among early adopters who would be more willing to pony up for one. And when people's prime concern about the system is the price of entry, those people don't care about a more expensive version of the hardware that only has a benefit if you pay an extra subscription. To 99% of potential Vita purchasers, all the Vita got was a $50 price cut.

I hate to use the "GAF hivemind" meme here, but it's true virtually all of the time: Anytime there is any kind of new event or conference, GAF hypes itself up to completely silly and unreasonable levels, only to inevitably disappoint itself when reality doesn't match up to the stratospheric expectations that could never be met. You can set your watch to it, it's so consistent. I've seen it happen dozens of times over the past few years. It'll probably happen on 2/20, even though the odds are as good as they are going to get at a big event that GAF will generally have their expectations met.

Look, it's obvious that the Vita is not in good shape. It needs several things to kickstart some momentum by E3 at the absolute latest to get developers to make games for it. We got one of those things in the price cut.

If we don't hear anything on 2/20, then I have real serious concerns about how they are handling it. If we don't hear anything noteworthy through E3, then the Vita is unquestionably dead. Those are their clear chances as of now and they could do another conference in between then and E3 if they wanted to.

Those are the make-or-break events for the Vita. 2/20 and E3, along with any other events Sony decides to hype up. But this event, which had zero hype from Sony and was focused nearly entirely on Japanese Vita games confirmed for release in the next few months, is make or break? And the Vita is finally dead now because a small conference underwhelmed? C'mon, people.

Because there's a lack of notable announcements for the Vita and people deduct that they are saving for this event

And that after the previous vita heaven, Sony apologized for the poor showing and they said they were going to improve on the next (this) vita heaven.

Drek

So I guess no games was why the 3DS started out so slowly, and why it all of a sudden turned around when the price was slashed, despite a the good content still being a ways out, huh?

No matter the quality of the content a consumer will only spend so much on a gaming device. This is the reality of all non-essential/entertainment products. The most compelling software in the world can't make consumers have more money to give you.

And your argument suck harder than my comprehension.
You mentionned the competition by simply stating that no dedicated handheld were worth making.
No, I said that it would be no longer worth Sony's money making dedicated handheld units. Nintendo never came into the equation.

Nintendo's problem with the 3DS have plenty to do with 3D never taking off and being mislead into thinking that people would pay a premium for that rather than people never wanting dedicated handheld ever again.
It was never doing as well as the DS considering it's their best product line ever and 3DS is anything but that.
In short, you're wrong because you don't understand why the competition's problems in the 1rst place.
So consumers didn't want 3D and software is all that is needed, yet Nintendo's fortunes turned around quite noticeably when they cut the price. Still 3D. Similar software library pre and post-cut. Yet weekly sales were massively improved. See, that's what I call "correlation".

And dead outside of Japan? Vita must be in the 8th circle of hell in every market then.
Pretty much, sure. If it doesn't significantly improve at retail in the next year or so it'll be an incredibly niche platform with a short life.

Bad7667

That's a respectable list and raises the question again as to why the console isn't selling as it should. I think personally marketing is a HUGE issue. It's almost non existent.

Can I ask what the price drop will be in the EU/US?
I think the biggest problem the vita has is, some of those games are also available on other systems, while others are console games ported to a handheld, or would play better on a console.

Right now there isn't one game to buy the system for, unless you missed out on persona 4 and even then you could play the Ps2 version. Games like Killzone, Uncharted, FIFA, ninja gaiden, mortal kombat are all better to play on a console. Sony needs to release more game that are made to the strengths of a handheld.

I also don't think games like Uncharted look all that great on Vita. For a handheld it's impressive but when I've played a better looking and playing game without annoying touch gimmicks, that visual appeal is gone. I think games like gravity rush look a lot better than Killzone and Uncharted. Wish more games would try the stylized visuals as they look better way better.

Drek

Because there's a lack of notable announcements for the Vita and people deduct that they are saving for this event

And that after the previous vita heaven, Sony apologized for the poor showing and they said they were going to improve on the next (this) vita heaven.

Which they have. This is a rather strong push towards Japanese consumers.

Top Bottom