• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those of us who applied on Friday and during the weekend any news ?

You...missed the session Saturday. That's all I have for you.

I haven't heard anyone else talking about a session this Saturday which I was invited to, Xbox One. Anyone else?

fasTRapid

Banned
Me neither.
giphy.gif

bryanee

You...missed the session Saturday. That's all I have for you.

I haven't heard anyone else talking about a session this Saturday which I was invited to, Xbox One. Anyone else?

The email I received confirmed the Saturday sessions when I got my Tester code. The person even said I hope to see you on. No code or anything to DL though.

g23

European pre-madonna
So is this legit? I got my testing ID, sent my dxdiag, and completed the survey. What's next in the process?

Foshy

Anyone else had trouble uploading the dxdiag file? Got an error message saying that e-mail and tester id weren't corresponding even though I double checked. Sent them a mail, hopefully they can fix the problem.

llehuty

So is this legit? I got my testing ID, sent my dxdiag, and completed the survey. What's next in the process?

I guess they have to check if you are the right candidate for the test (based on PC specs and poll results), and if you are, send you the NDA. But I don't thinnk anyone here has arrived to that point for this particular test.

Anyone else had trouble uploading the dxdiag file? Got an error message saying that e-mail and tester id weren't corresponding even though I double checked. Sent them a mail, hopefully they can fix the problem.

Some of us had the same problem this morning, but worked fine in the evening. It looks like it's a common problem. I guess you'll have to wait a bit (maybe the process of introducing your info in the database takes a while or something).

NewGame

Banned
I signed up!

I mentioned that I found the site through NeoGAF, what'da reckon that'll do for my application chances?

BraXzy

I signed up!

I mentioned that I found the site through NeoGAF, what'da reckon that'll do for my application chances?

Hmm, I'm not sure. It depends whether 1) They noticed people on here break NDA or 2) if they would consider that irrelevant because GAF is made up of lots of people, most of whom are probably the type of gamer they might seek to test and.

K1ng P3n

The email I received confirmed the Saturday sessions when I got my Tester code. The person even said I hope to see you on. No code or anything to DL though.

I got the same email, so considering that I don't play on PC, I'm hoping to get in on the Xbox One testing.

jmood88

For the people who got the error with the dxdialog thing, they fixed the problem so you should be able to upload the file without any problems.

MidBoss

So, can anyone tell us about their experience from the last session? Is it a standard playthrough kind of testing, or is it more of a QA / configuration / feature checklist testing?

Foshy

Some of us had the same problem this morning, but worked fine in the evening. It looks like it's a common problem. I guess you'll have to wait a bit (maybe the process of introducing your info in the database takes a while or something).

Tried again just now and it worked.

mocoworm

Nope... nothing. :'(
What did some of you who got accepted write in the 'why are you...' and 'previous beta tests' columns?

I just put, 'I play video games every day and the opportunity to both get paid for something I love and also to give back in a meaningful way is something I cannot pass up' or something like that.

Anybody who got in on the Xbox one game from FL? I wanna know how much they are paying for my state

It is $10.50 per hour. I assume it is Canadian dollars so just do a quick currency exchange rate using an online calculator.

caleb1915

I just put, 'I play video games every day and the opportunity to both get paid for something I love and also to give back in a meaningful way is something I cannot pass up' or something like that.

It is $10.50 per hour. I assume it is Canadian dollars so just do a quick currency exchange rate using an online calculator.

I did the same thing, twice now lol. I still haven't gotten any kind of response. I wonder if where you live has something to do with it....

I am really hoping that when they start picking individuals for the TCG Project that they pick people with varying experiences with TCGs. I only really know about The Pokemon Trading Card game and my experience with it was recent with the online program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nope... nothing. :'(
What did some of you who got accepted write in the 'why are you...' and 'previous beta tests' columns?

I literally wrote "I have some spare time and don't care what I do with it." And 0 beta tests, even though that isn't true.

fasTRapid

Banned
Facebook said:
Hello everyone!
We're glad to see that you're so interested in participating in our @Home Testing program! Due to a major influx of applications, processing them is taking a little longer than initially expected. Xbox One owners - don't sweat, we'll be dealing with your applications as our top priority. What does that mean for PC users and owners of other consoles? Hakuna Matata! It means no worries, you WILL be contacted, it's just going to take a little longer than we originally planned.
We apologize for the delay in this situation and we hope you understand that we're working our hardest to get everything done in a timely manner.
Thank you for your cooperation,
- The GBTN Community Admins
Just posted.

spannicus

Which is good, if they want to have a good rep they have to catch people who reveal info about games that they signed NDA's for.

Good on them.

I just hope more people abide the rules now.

Yup and if not theres a link where you can report them. Lets try to keep this thing going as long as we can. Getting paid to do what we would do for free is awesome in my book.

Im guessing they read the forums hehe

They do. I know this for a fact.

Which is good, if they want to have a good rep they have to catch people who reveal info about games that they signed NDA's for.

Good on them.

Just got email saying to make sure we enforce the NDA for all those in the test.

I got mine about 20 minutes ago. I wonder if the email addy is correct, though. One word is spelled awfully funny.

Storm360

Good that they're monitoring NDA's, I would love to see more opportunities arrive, not companies start to get scared in using them.

Spoke to some great people and had fun when I did this last year.

4Scarr

Banned
Signed up have xbox one and ps 4. Hoping to get in. Beta tested some Dreamcast games back in the day. Was quite fun. Looking forward to this.

kurbaan

Banned
Ah just signed up for PS4, PS3, Xbone. Would have signed up for WII U too but forgot my ID and was too lazy to open it.

JayEH

So it looks like they're sending out payment information contracts. I received an email to sign it, I did then. But I also got another email with the exact same information. This happen to anyone else?

So it looks like they're sending out payment information contracts. I received an email to sign it, I did then. But I also got another email with the exact same information. This happen to anyone else?

Same with me. Too bad they didn't use EchoSign like the initial NDA used but oh well. I'm glad they're trying to crack down on people breaking their NDA's. I'd like to have the opportunity to test more AAA games down the line. Mirror's Edge 2? (pipedream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom