• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedrush

Haven't heard anything yet. Applied for Ps4, so I guess I'll be waiting.

I applied as a UK ps4 owner and I just got an email informing me they're currently focusing on a major XBone project at the moment but will inform me when opportunities open up on other platforms.

MayMay

Banned
I applied last week, but only for PS3 and PC. Shame that their current project is XB1 only.. Id just love to test out that game.
Got a mail for their planned trading card game project on PC though. Uploaded my dxdiag and filled out the survey a few days ago but didnt hear anything back yet. Anyone already got a confirmation email or something similar for that project?

K1ng P3n

I applied last week, but only for PS3 and PC. Shame that their current project is XB1 only.. Id just love to test out that game.
Got a mail for their planned trading card game project on PC though. Uploaded my dxdiag and filled out the survey a few days ago but didnt hear anything back yet. Anyone already got a confirmation email or something similar for that project?

Not yet. I'm thinking confirmation emails may go out on Friday

djblue89

Just got mine !!! Yay !

Signed it by hand cuz I'm cool that way ! Also faxed it lol, since I'm at work hahaha! Pretty stoked for this !

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Got the same email, reading and sending NDA through tonight.

Ah crap, I put my Xbox Gamertag down even though I don't have XBL Gold anymore and I got an invite :\ I was hoping they'd send PC or PS4 invite! haha

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
VMC-GameTestersWanted.jpg

Hi everyone,

VMC GBTN Coordinators here. We're glad to see our program is generating so much interest! Before going forward with further information, we'd like to stress how critical respecting the NDAs is, and to thank all those who gave strong recommendation against breaking them (you're awesome). Our legal team is currently very busy with tracing down recent offenders, which unfortunately slowed down our processes since last week – but we're currently catching up and all applicants should receive a word from us shortly!

First things first, the links in the first post are confirmed as accurate. Our landing page with generic information and application links can be found here:
https://www.vmc.com/games/Pages/Multiplayer-Gamers-for-AAA-Titles.aspx

Additionally, our social communities are accessible on Facebook and Twitter; feel free to join us there for live updates, news, contests and more!
https://www.facebook.com/VMCRemoteTesting
https://twitter.com/VMC_GBTN

Note that we're currently recruiting Xbox One testers; we're cooking up PC projects and soon enough going to Mobile as well so lookout for more news from us through our social networks and mailing lists! As for other platforms (PS4, etc), information would be divulged in the same methods once we have confirmed projects.

Feel free to ask us questions here; though please take note that the following items cannot be discussed publicly:
- Project / Client names or information (only revealed to NDA-signed testers through email)
- Pay Rates (as they differ per area, depending on the local cost of life)

Schedules, payment methods, all other generic topics are discussed through email but aren't of the private domain, so ask away!

Thanks again for your interest, and see you online shortly!
- The VMC GBTN Coordination Team
VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com

80851e3d-55e0-434d-b40b-09b8151c689f.png

Hi everyone,

VMC GBTN Coordinators here. We're glad to see our program is generating so much interest! Before going forward with further information, we'd like to stress how critical respecting the NDAs is, and to thank all those who gave strong recommendation against breaking them (you're awesome). Our legal team is currently very busy with tracing down recent offenders, which unfortunately slowed down our processes since last week – but we're currently catching up and all applicants should receive a word from us shortly!

First things first, the links in the first post are confirmed as accurate. Our landing page with generic information and application links can be found here:
https://www.vmc.com/games/Pages/Multiplayer-Gamers-for-AAA-Titles.aspx

Additionally, our social communities are accessible on Facebook and Twitter; feel free to join us there for live updates, news, contests and more!
https://www.facebook.com/VMCRemoteTesting
https://twitter.com/VMC_GBTN

Note that we're currently recruiting Xbox One testers; we're cooking up PC projects and soon enough going to Mobile as well so lookout for more news from us through our social networks and mailing lists! As for other platforms (PS4, etc), information would be divulged in the same methods once we have confirmed projects.

Feel free to ask us questions here; though please take note that the following items cannot be discussed publicly:
- Project / Client names or information (only revealed to NDA-signed testers through email)
- Pay Rates (as they differ per area, depending on the local cost of life)

Schedules, payment methods, all other generic topics are discussed through email but aren't of the private domain, so ask away!

Thanks again for your interest, and see you online shortly!
- The VMC GBTN Coordination Team
VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com

80851e3d-55e0-434d-b40b-09b8151c689f.png

how many hours a week can a person expect to work on average?

TriGen

Can someone tell me how they signed/sent the NDA with Echo Drive? I can't figure it out. I don't see anything that says "Only I sign" like they say in the email.

Jezehbell

Can someone tell me how they signed/sent the NDA with Echo Drive? I can't figure it out. I don't see anything that says "Only I sign" like they say in the email.

You have to download the pdf. file attached with the email and open it with Echo.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
how many hours a week can a person expect to work on average?

This depends on the project. Special sessions and smaller scope projects usually target 1 to 2 hours per session, and bigger projects will go to 3 or 4 hours.

At the moment we're on our 2014 start so there's only 1 major project running, however there's many coming up so there are chances that there would be several per week (although never scheduled at the same time).

We also have upcoming opportunities for a very limited team to test full days, and opportunities to test from our Montreal office on a bi-weekly basis - all of those will be announced officially once confirmed.

Rvaisse

Yep, got the email too,
I signed and sent it back straight to the author.

I'm very happy about this opportunity, can't wait to start.

If you search for the "only i sign" link, you have to go back to the homepage of the website and there you'll find it.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member

Ensure you're on the "HOME" page - if you logged in after, you may have been redirected and need to click Home again.

The "Only I Sign" link is the third in the list in the bottom-left grey box entitled "Additional Functions".

This depends on the project. Special sessions and smaller scope projects usually target 1 to 2 hours per session, and bigger projects will go to 3 or 4 hours.

At the moment we're on our 2014 start so there's only 1 major project running, however there's many coming up so there are chances that there would be several per week (although never scheduled at the same time).

We also have upcoming opportunities for a very limited team to test full days, and opportunities to test from our Montreal office on a bi-weekly basis - all of those will be announced officially once confirmed.

Please let us know whenever you're looking for PS4 owners, as that is the vast majority of us.

TriGen

Ensure you're on the "HOME" page - if you logged in after, you may have been redirected and need to click Home again.

The "Only I Sign" link is the third in the list in the bottom-left grey box entitled "Additional Functions".

Thanks, I found it.

mmitt

I signed and sent it back straight to the author.

I send it to the email provided directly below ("You may also print, sign, scan and send it back through email at...")

Let's hope both will work, a confirmation would be great :)

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Will those that signed the NDA and didn't get in on the last test get an email for this weekend's test? I received an email asking about my PC config but nothing else.

Any NDAs received last Friday afternoon or later have been on hold due to heavy workload here - but those are currently being processed so you should hear from us this week!

If you're referring to the payments agreement, those are also currently being processed.

Please contact us by PM or at vmcmontrealcoordinators@vmc.com if you feel something isn't complete on your profile and we'll look into it. Thanks!

Yep I was referring to that, just got worried since people have been saying they got their email to submit their payment stuff. I'll shoot you a PM.

edit: Scratch that, seems I just got it late last night in my email :D. Thanks for the support though!

border

Hi everyone,

]

I filled out the application this afternoon, as a PS4/XboxOne/Steam user.

I wasn't sure what to put as my Skype ID, since I can just log in to Skype with my Microsoft account. Ended up putting in the email associated with my MS account....is that sufficient?

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
I filled out the application this afternoon, as a PS4/XboxOne/Steam user.

I wasn't sure what to put as my Skype ID, since I can just log in to Skype with my Microsoft account. Ended up putting in the email associated with my MS account....is that sufficient?

Skype IDs should be listed as what can be searchable through Skype. As long as either the email or login ID matches with your profile when you send a friend request to your Moderator, everything should be fine and dandy!

UnrealEck

Good to see you guys on these forums. Seems a lot of people may have put the forums down as the source of where they found out about your company.

scitek

I got the email saying I'm being kept in mind for future tests, but I don't recall ever signing an NDA. Is that only if you are actually testing, or should I have signed one anyway?

4Scarr

Banned
Got my NDA and signed. Sent back to simon's email address wasn't sure if that was the correct email to send to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom