• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logoth

Banned
Can anyone comment on how sharp to the session the timings were? I mean for the PC test. The first test (assuming the X1 test was the first) went on way longer than they said it would. Overrun wouldn't normally be a problem but I would need to skip this next X1 session if it overruns...unless of course I can email and say I'd have to leave the session sharp at the end time?

The last test I was in ended exactly when they said it would.

First off, delete your post, wages are NDA. In fact, anything you get in an email is technically NDA, hence why it is addressed to you and not Neogaf in the recipient line. Don't share it here.

Secondly, GMC stated the emailed wages were based on an old format they had and they have not updated them yet IIRC. I wouldn't worry, they HAVE TO pay you minimum wage by law, so best believe you will get the right amount.

Can anyone comment on how sharp to the session the timings were? I mean for the PC test. The first test (assuming the X1 test was the first) went on way longer than they said it would. Overrun wouldn't normally be a problem but I would need to skip this next X1 session if it overruns...unless of course I can email and say I'd have to leave the session sharp at the end time?

What? I was on the first XB1 test and it ended exactly on time. You must be thinking of something else.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
The wage being offered in my state changed after I've already completed my first project. (PC project last night). Will we be paid the previous wage or the newly implemented wage?
You'll be getting paid the newly implemented wage, as well as retro for previous tests this year. =]

To add to this, the wage in CA will go up $1 on July 1st. Still a ways off, but nice for VMC to have the info.
Thanks for letting us know! =D

Yeah I was just told I got delayed to May as well. Not really sure why, all the emails before stated I was in this weekend's test. Disappointing, but whatever.
tl;dr
Three weekends gone like that, which I could've spent in a better way than being home alone :(
I'm still excited to be a part of this and thankful that I was given the chance to participate, but man was I disappointed with that out of the blue "you're not a part of this week's test" email... wasn't expecting that.
Probably my fault for assuming/misreading something, dunno.
Still, just to be clear, it's awesome that you guys have built this @homeTesting system, the disappointment is directly proportionate to the desire to start testing :)
Some feedback in regards to informing us what time testing takes place, and appreciate this might not be the case for everyone, but I personally feel like the notice period is too short to suitably make sure the time is free to test.
SO! A little (little) tiny(tiiiny) information about the times. All the tests are tentatively scheduled according to clients' needs. That means the dates and times change due to their needs. We get that it's not always the easiest, but bear with us on that. We have to be up at the same time you guys do for this, if not earlier (or later, depending on time zones... *shakes fist*) to make sure things are running as smoothly as they can at the start and end of the test.

To add to that, we will contact you so hard once there's opportunities on other platforms. We're working on getting them for you guys. And when we get them, BAM! So much contact. Almost like American Football. Or Rugby.

Only one of the three dates was for in house testing from what I was reading...
There are three dates for in house testing!

04/25
05/07
and 05/21. WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS HERE WE'RE SO EXCITED AHHHH! =D *Ahem* >_>

I got the same e-mail confirming that I don't in fact have an Xbox One and that PC places are full, but there was no links to upload a DxDiag anywhere, only Twitter and FB links.
Please send us your DxDiag (if you'd like, of course!) and any updated information you have to our VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com e-mail address. =]

You can indeed e-mail us to notify us about leaving the sessions sharp, at the end of it. Please e-mail the aforementioned information to our VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com e-mail address. We'll take care of the rest. You might not get a response confirming that we received your e-mail as we send those in one big batch usually after the test has taken place.

Grums

Neo Member
Also have received an email to say that PC places are full however Xbox One places are still available.

Hopefully I can get in on one the next sessions. It's a great opportunity VMC is providing for people!

Also, is there anywhere I can update my information to now include PS3/PS4 options for testing?

Thanks.

djblue89

If we are not selected for a test on a specific date but it's for the same game that we already have a download code for can we still play with you guys?

Pjsprojects

Don't mean to push but I sent a pm as requested and have not heard anything back yet?

To me it seems somthing has gone amiss due to the amount of time since getting my tester id and owning all platforms.

I see there are people from VMC here, so maybe they can answer my question?
Is testing time sensitive? Because i'm in Europe so our time is different from the US. Or there are separate test for different time zones?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Great to hear that, thanks for the reply guys :)

I see there are people from VMC here, so maybe they can answer my question?
Is testing time sensitive? Because i'm in Europe so our time is different from the US. Or there are separate test for different time zones?

Nope, tests take place at the same time with different times zones (so it might be 1AM for you but 5AM for a fellow tester from a different country)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any way to get in now? I filled in the form a while ago but haven't heard anything since.

Ah, just noticed that I missed the NDA email. Hopefully it's not too late to sign it and get in.

Well they do encourage you to play outside the tests, the X1 game is currently up and running if anyone wants some free time with it before tomorrow.

malfcn

To those that got in this weekend, congrats. Hopefully work gives me the next session time off. Requested this weekend and let the fiancee go out and do her things.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The only thing more exciting than waiting for your next project is guessing what others projects are.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I know we're not allowed to say anything about this title..

Exactly. It's under NDA. Word of advice, edit that out. You can't discuss ANYTHING.
It'd be the same as people saying "I know that I can't say anything but I'm not impressed, this game is awful". You just can't. Of course, do as you see fit but I'd avoid it if I were you.

Arooguy

I signed the NDA a week ago but never got an update since, no start date or anything. Anyone else experiencing this? Just want to make sure I am not forgotten by VMC.

Pavillion

Still confused how I was supposed to be in the test last weekend and then it got postponed, and now i'm not in the one for this weekend?

Caayn

Exactly. It's under NDA. Word of advice, edit that out. You can't discuss ANYTHING.
It'd be the same as people saying "I know that I can't say anything but I'm not impressed, this game is awful". You just can't. Of course, do as you see fit but I'd avoid it if I were you.
Better to be safe than sorry. Apologies.

Storm360

I'm debating getting a Xbox One, and if I will, I will have a Xbox LIVE gold account to do tests with on 360 and Xbox One, how would I notify of the change, simply email?

Caayn

Maybe something for VMC and the dev/pub to look at. On XBL it says the title of the game that we're playing. So when I'm playing the beta/preview/alpha/etc people who follow me, or anyone else that is in the project, can see what it is by simple looking at what I'm playing.

It kind of renders the fact that we're not allowed to say anything(saying which games it is) useless. So maybe for the next session/project/etc VMC might want to look into that with the pub/dev/platform holder.

No I'm not looking for a free pass to talk about it, just giving a heads-up to VMC and the companies involved.

Maybe something for VMC and the dev/pub to look at. On XBL it says the title of the game that we're playing. So when I'm playing the beta/preview/alpha/etc people who follow me, or anyone else that is in the project, can see what it is by simple looking at what I'm playing.

It kind of renders the fact that we're not allowed to say anything(talking about the title/dev/pub) useless. So maybe for the next session/project/etc VMC might want to look into that with the pub/dev/platform holder.

It tells you in the email how your XBL social settings should be configured to avoid this.

JTGreat

It kind of renders the fact that we're not allowed to say anything(talking about the title/dev/pub) useless. So maybe for the next session/project/etc VMC might want to look into that with the pub/dev/platform holder.

You should have gotten an email telling you how to set up your privacy settings. I can give you the details on what to do if you don't have them.

Caayn

It's okay, I'm sure you weren't breaking NDA, you hadn't even played yet and was just speculating on the possibilties. ;)
Indeed :p Just changed my settings. Strange expected it to show up as blank or "???" like on the Xbox 360.

Still I suggest VMC to look into it.

Tony91

Has anyone got news about the next PC Test? Just want to know if it's just me not receiving anything (which means I'm not in) or if there are e-mails to be received. Thanks for anyone who replies!

Am_I_Evil

Still confused how I was supposed to be in the test last weekend and then it got postponed, and now i'm not in the one for this weekend?

Last week was supposed to be a 1000 person test....this week is only 500...its simple math, not everyone that was scheduled for last week could fit this week...in 2 weeks its back up to 1000....

Again (because I responded to your last post with the same info), last weeks 1,000 person test was delayed to May. This is a separate 500 person test. Obviously 1,000 people can't fit into the 500 person party.

Pavillion

Again (because I responded to your last post with the same info), last weeks 1,000 person test was delayed to May. This is a separate 500 person test. Obviously 1,000 people can't fit into the 500 person party.

My bad, didnt see the post. Just disappointed cause I got my shift covered for work thinking I was in this test when I got the postpone email. So I could have used those hours from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom