• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to do that but... how the fuck do I set up a Paypal account when I live in germany? They ask me to for my ZIP-code but aren't accepting mine.

Edit: Had to use my phone because its apparantly not possible on their normal website...

Kaezul

I got into Project D for this weekend! I didn't get any "Welcome Aboard" email, just an NDA email and then one with my download info for Project D.

vypek

I never did that dxdiag thing because I thought it was to be for PC only and I cannot do any game testing on PC. Was this a mistake? The dxdiag was the last email I eve received from VMC. Did they whittle down the number of people they want to use overall or something? Wish I could get some news.

DarkFlow

Banned
I signed up for this over 2 weeks ago, was I supposed to get ANY kind of e-mail? Like one letting me know they even got my app?

Caayn

Ugh, it's too late. Need to catch some sleep before I make a fool out of myself. Nevermind already did that >.>

Magwik

Banned
It is fun as someone who isn't a part of this just to read how excited people are to participate in this. Also to guess what game is being tested.

Bsigg12

If anyone's allowed to say, how big's the download?

Large. Like little less than half of Wolfenstein large. Well it was that big in the first test and I'll assume its just as large for those just now getting in.

got my code but i don't have an xbox one which sucks.

You should tell them you don't have an Xbox One otherwise you'll be marked as absent and possibly lose consideration for future tests across all platforms.

border

I got my email for Project D. I have to work nights this weekend, so I'll only be available for the 4PM-6PM portion of the test. Is that okay? Is there something I have to do to make sure I don't get barred from future tests?

malfcn

I got my email for Project D. I have to work nights this weekend, so I'll only be available for the 4PM-6PM portion of the test. Is that okay? Is there something I have to do to make sure I don't get barred from future tests?

You can try emailing your coordinator that should be in your communications. There is also an email in this thread.

bidguy

Banned
got selected for the test

do i need to be logged into my skype account while playing ? can i do this with my phone ?

Tcbys

Banned
Wish I could get something back from them. All I got was the email saying I got in to take part in any test and an email about a TCG game. Thats it.

Bsigg12

I didn't see it answered before.. But chances of being on credits?

Doubtful but I haven't seen anything to say that we won't for sure. Since we're being paid, though not directly from the publisher/developer, there may be a chance.

Keep in mind, under the NDA we signed, even once the product is released we are not to say we tested that product.

got selected for the test

do i need to be logged into my skype account while playing ? can i do this with my phone ?

Yes, you'll need to be signed in. You'll probably want a laptop or tablet rather than a phone as well.

TriGen

Xbox says it can't find the code when I enter it. I've done it a bunch of times very carefully -- so it's definitely not me entering it wrong. Do I fire off an email to vmccordinators?

Edit: I tried the Xbox site instead and it worked, but it still took a few tries (copy&paste), so XBL must of just been working weird for a second and gave me a heart attack for no reason. Looking forward to the test!

Storm360

Sigh, the Xbox One apparently doesn't download when you turn it off? What should I do in this situation? Send off a email warning that my download might not be done in time?

EDIT: Nevermind, Looks like the xbox is downloading faster than it did when I first got it, so should make it fine!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guys remember to change your privacy settings if you don't wanna risk getting hit by the lawyers for NDA's breach!

Please follow the below directions to change your privacy settings.

§ Log into the Xbox Gold Profile you’ve specified you will be testing on
§ Access [Settings] from your Xbox ONE Dashboard
§ Select [Privacy & online safety]
§ Select [Custom] in the PRIVACY column
§ Proceed to select the following options for each setting:

See if you’re online – Friends
See what you’re watching or listening to – Block
Communicate with voice and text – Everyone
See your Xbox Profile – Block
See your game and app history – Block
See your live TV & on-demand video history – Block
See your music history – Block