• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Pretty lame :(

Don't read too much into it, i did the same, Project R ages ago, the only other none Xbox one test they did was Project M, and they selected people by that via first come first served reply to email.

I guess if you signed up for the Xbox testing too and you not heard anything...... but if its just PC/PS4 testing your up for, there just doesn't seem to be much on atm :)

check on their facebook page oten too they did a sign up for an action/adventure/survival sign up.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VMC_MTSS

they also said on their facebook page(i think) that they're going to possibly do another session for the project R people.

KOHIPEET

Signed up for this a few day ago but no response/e-mail yet. Is this normal?

Or they just don't respond because I'm not good enough?

(PS4, X360 and a decent experience in gaming)

*in kind of desperation.

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Be sure to PM me what game it is

REMINDER: Please keep in mind that the NDAs cover the games, producers, developers and associated services. Do not post directly related information in public. This includes on NeoGaf, Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else.

Please censor any sensitive information, or bring those questions to us through email or Skype.

got my code but i don't have an xbox one which sucks.
That means you might've accidentally ticked off Xbox One in your application. :( PM us your e-mail address you signed up with and your name and we'll sort it out for you.

got selected for the test

do i need to be logged into my skype account while playing ? can i do this with my phone ?
You need to be logged in to Skype while the test session is ongoing so that you are able to communicate with your mods/super. They give out instructions during the test.

I got my email for Project D. I have to work nights this weekend, so I'll only be available for the 4PM-6PM portion of the test. Is that okay? Is there something I have to do to make sure I don't get barred from future tests?
Let us know you'll have to leave sharp at 6 PM by sending us an e-mail at VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com, that way we have it on record and you won't have a strike against you. =]

bidguy

Banned
REMINDER: Please keep in mind that the NDAs cover the games, producers, developers and associated services. Do not post directly related information in public. This includes on NeoGaf, Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else.

Please censor any sensitive information, or bring those questions to us through email or Skype.

That means you might've accidentally ticked off Xbox One in your application. :( PM us your e-mail address you signed up with and your name and we'll sort it out for you.

You need to be logged in to Skype while the test session is ongoing so that you are able to communicate with your mods/super. They give out instructions during the test.

Let us know you'll have to leave sharp at 6 PM by sending us an e-mail at VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com, that way we have it on record and you won't have a strike against you. =]

thanks 1 question, where can i see my tester ID ? cant find it anywhere in the emails

zychi

Banned
I got selected for this and don't own an XBONE. I didn't select xbone as one of my systems either. Bummer, I'd love to do any other game/platform

bryanee

All the info was in mine. Already sent the mod a Skype request. I cant add the mod to my friends list though as XBL is playing up for a lot of people, myself included.

I was supposed to be a part of this (got the e-mail saying that I was scheduled for this weekend a few weeks back), but never got any follow up with a code, schedule, etc. Anyone else have this happen? All this after I got bumped from the original test in April :(.

Caayn

Anyone know if we have to keep the privacy settings the same all the time or only while the tests are going on?
You're free to use your own settings when you're not in the game. But when you're in the game(both outside and during a session) you must use the privacy-settings provided by VMC.

Were we supposed to fill out any special forms in order to be payed through paypal? I participated in a PC test quite a while ago and am still waiting. Just want to make sure I didn't forget to fill out anything.

Caayn

Were we supposed to fill out any special forms in order to be payed through paypal? I participated in a PC test quite a while ago and am still waiting. Just want to make sure I didn't forget to fill out anything.
You'll be payed 40 days after the project has ended ;) If that period has ended you'd do best to send them an e-mail about it. (VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com)

Or if you're talking about Project R, there's maybe another session for it in the works so that one isn't finished yet.

Apparently we gave them our paypal info when we signed up. I don't remember it, but if others say it was on the form then I'm sure it was, unless everyone of GAF is lying to me for fun. Apparently we aren't paid until up to 40 days after the project is complete. So, if there are going to be more tests for a game you played, you won't get paid for it until the final test is over (plus up to 40 days).

I definitely don't like that there isn't some site we can sign in to and see which projects we are counted as present for. At this point we're all sitting here hoping the mods are keeping good track of us and that this company is legit and actually going to pay us at some point.

Caayn

I definitely don't like that there isn't some site we can sign in to and see which projects we are counted as present for. At this point we're all sitting here hoping the mods are keeping good track of us and that this company is legit and actually going to pay us at some point.
Don't really like it either, but at least they're aware of it and working on someway for us to access our profile/info.
Just send an email with that info to vmcmontrealcoordinators@vmc.com and we'll add it! We're also working on a different method to access profiles, look out for news regarding this for this summer! =D

Corpekata

Banned
Most of the tests I've been in have been on the weekend or in the evenings so a 9-5 job should work out. Though it probably depends on your time zone, as some of the evening one might be too late in the day for you.

Jerrod

Anyone know if we have to keep the privacy settings the same all the time or only while the tests are going on?
Only while you are inside the game, whether you are testing or not.

They asked for your paypal username when first signing up at the very beginning, they will contact you later after the project has completely finished for payment.

Can I supplement this in with my current M-F, 9-5 job?
Most tests are night or weekends, so yes, but some are during the week during work hours (depends on what timezone you are in also). Also note that the times are most convenient for Americans, so when they do tests at night it would be in the early morning for Europe.

Signed up for this a few day ago but no response/e-mail yet. Is this normal?

Or they just don't respond because I'm not good enough?

(PS4, X360 and a decent experience in gaming)

*in kind of desperation.
They don't have any tests for those platforms so you will not get contacted until they do, which may be never.

bryanee

Ok it says to set the Xbox one Systems language to English US. Mine is set to just English and there is no other English option so I have to change location right? I've already had a huge issue with a region switch earlier in the year which was a huge pain in the arse. Does changing the location on the Xbox One itself do a complete region switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom