• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

hbkdx12

i wont buy this game... Ubisoft needs to learn a lesson.
im sure at this e3 they will do the same shit with another game. we all will be hyped and 2 years later the game looks nowhere like the one shown at the first presentation. this needs to stop.

Whatever lesson they need to learn, they won't.

The game is gonna have no problems selling and we'll continue to see bullshot after bullshot in regards to their new ips

Hasney

Alright so something is clearly going on here, when you compare it to the Nvidia trailer which was only a few months ago, something is severely missing. Either its due to it being a pirated copy and things are just weird or Ubisoft hasn't flicked the high-res switch. It just seems so...off right now.

The DOF is clearly bugged or just flat out wrong. It's been on in some of these shots.

That said, it's not the fact that people have cracked this, that will not change anything unless Ubisoft put in specific copy protection to gimp the graphics if a crack is detected. That would be hilarious if true.

How is it leaked? Steam killed Day 0 piracy like 5 years ago.

It uses Uplay and not Steam.

regardless of if the game is good or not, i think it's clear ubisoft has officially usurped the "most dubious publisher" crown from EA and that is largely due to their PR speak alone.

Jhn

Alright so something is clearly going on here, when you compare it to the Nvidia trailer which was only a few months ago, something is severely missing. Either its due to it being a pirated copy and things are just weird or Ubisoft hasn't flicked the high-res switch. It just seems so...off right now.

I agree, the nvidia trailer was nicer looking. But honestly, the differences could very well just be down to extremely cherry-picked time of day, weather and angle.

Skyr

Is that Midtown Madness?

JK :)

ROFL DUDE

had the same thought looking at this and the last screenshots.
It definitely sends out some midtown madness vibes:

midtown_madness_2038.gif

163534-midtown-madness-2-windows-screenshot-pedestrians-don-t-have.jpg

GavinUK86

How is it leaked? Steam killed Day 0 piracy like 5 years ago.
No it did not.

i wont buy this game... Ubisoft needs to learn a lesson.
im sure at this e3 they will do the same shit with another game. we all will be hyped and 2 years later the game looks nowhere like the one shown at the first presentation. this needs to stop.
You're not going to make an ounce of difference there buddy. It'll sell in the millions just on hype alone and will spawn a franchise just like the Assassin's Creed series whether you like it or not.

Harp

Are you guys telling me that with a 780Ti the game doesn't run on 60fps?

Okay, if this is true...the lie about the gamer pc 600-700$ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS4 would be not that true.

I'm afraid because i have a good PC and the idea was that it would run all next gen games better than consoles...

This has always be a myth. Simple for that fact that almost no new pc games ever runs optimized on release day. And the lie that all pc games run maxed out at 60 fps or more maxed out. The fact is with every pc release there is immediately a discussion of how to get the game to run better even on the best hardware.

For every person that runs the game at 1080p 60fps there is 100,000 people that canT get the game to run at a smooth 30 fps on medium.

Kssio_Aug

LIphe38.png

Seriously, someone should do a full comparison with the E3 2012 mission. I just watched that trailer again, and it was immensily downgraded to be honest. All the lighting, the models, textures and physics effects. They look completely different games. Nice Tech Demo that Ubisoft presented that time! lol

Sini

Edit: Looking at those screens above and then some of the earlier galleries, each one is just too varied. Maybe it looks better in motion? I just can't wrap my head around how it is so different between user experiences.

Nvidia trailer showcased screen space reflections on wet surfaces(maybe on just shiny ones as well, not sure) that are lacking on screenshots we've seen so far.

MayMay

Banned
No unlock day protection ?

That's what I want to know as well, asked like 3 times already but people keep ignoring me. I'm so close to cancelling my Steam pre-order and picking it up retail in a shop nearby that sells it already.
I've seen so many ppl get their PC copies today, and all those screenshots etc - can't tell me those are all from the pirated version lol

Varth

what game is this from?

Guessing Sunset Overdrive.

Also: I think that game may be a case study on why "looking at gameplay" is generally worse than reading a competent write up or impressions. I have yet to see a single video where someone plays the game as intended. What comes out is a GTA subpar clone, and it's not. Without someone explaining what you could do in terms of different approaches the use of watching a video it's close to zero. Might be better if they intentionally aborted the mission and restarted trying something else, maybe.

MaxiLive

I think it still looks great! Lacklusters compared to the Technical demo from two years ago but still it doesn't look too shabby.

You can tell the tech they have used isn't made for this type or speed, draw distance or detail though. I'm guessing they used tools heavily modded from the Assassin's Creed tech.

From the footage I've seen I'm really liking the concept of the game though and I think it is another good entry to the open world genre :D For me personally GTA still looks and probably plays twice as good but I wouldn't mind a half as good GTA game! Especially when it can be easily picked up for under £30.

Smash88

Banned
That's what I want to know as well, asked like 3 times already but people keep ignoring me. I'm so close to cancelling my Steam pre-order and picking it up retail in a shop nearby that sells it already.
I've seen so many ppl get their PC copies today, and all those screenshots etc - can't tell me those are all from the pirated version lol

They are all pirated copies, unless they are playing on console.

the lack of Screen space reflections mixing with their cubemaps makes the game look really bad IMO.

Like... people just floating on massively reflective surfaces looks messed up.

Also lol at the character model. 2012 looks X times better.

Havel

Haven't installed it yet so I don't know.

MayMay

Banned
They are all pirated copies, unless they are playing on console.

The thing is, the same thing happened with AC4 and iirc people that had a valid key were able to download and play the game a few days before the release date.
I also saw some people on Reddit that got their retail copies already - saying they're able to install/download the game. But none of them say if it's actually playable afterwards. Probably too busy.. well, playing. lol

I can't wait till this game is out in the wild next week. We'll see. Honestly I'm not giving ubisoft a cent until I hear from reliable people it has alievated some of my worries. But it has potential, things still look fun. I'm intrested in these investigation things, they might be able to give the world little narritive pockets that most ubisoft games since Assassin's Creed 2 have failed to do.

curious if there will be a day1 patch.

Why won't ubisoft just send out the codes for people that bought it legit already...

Curious if the game has any antipiracy stuff in there that is hella meta. would be crazy if there isn't any.

So when you carjack you 'automatically' loot the money from the glovebox.

man is the protagonist a dick. highly likely ill crash your car, and i loot your tollbooth change too!

chico

No it did not.

You're not going to make an ounce of difference there buddy. It'll sell in the millions just on hype alone and will spawn a franchise just like the Assassin's Creed series whether you like it or not.

i know that... but my conscience will be clear! ;)

Joeki11a

Banned
I finally saw some gameplay...

This is AC1 all over again
So next year when Watchdogs 2 comes out
this time in Dec 2015, we will get closer to
what exactly these devs are selling.

I see this as a beta of a vision they got planned for the entire generation. Will this sell?, hell yes this will probably be a huge success because it will make Summer dull season go by easy, this is the summer open world game of the year.

I finally saw some gameplay...

This is AC1 all over again
So next year when Watchdogs 2 comes out
this time in Dec 2015, we will get closer to
what exactly these devs are selling.

I see this a beta of a vision they got planned for the entire generation. Will this sell?, hell yes this will probably be a huge success because it will make Summer dull season go by easy, this is the summer open world game of the year.

Assassins 2 took a lot longer than 1 year. I think if this undergoes the same transformation and fleshing out as Assassins did from 1 to 2, this could become a fantastic series.

The only question is, will they do what they did with Assassins and change the main character with each entry...

Top Bottom