• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Marcel

expecting this game had issues in development too. like them or not, its pretty amazing how they can churn out AC games of those visual quality for open world game in 2-3 years.

I expect watch_dogs 2 to look pretty damn spiffy once they cut last gen systems if this sell well though.

Watch_Dogs will sell because the lowest common denominator, a segment of the market that Ubisoft excels at selling to, doesn't really care about any of the shit we're discussing. For example, Assassin's Creed 3 sold gangbusters and somehow reviewed well despite being one of the most half-baked and reviled entries in the series.

Smash88

Banned
Note: These screenshots are heavily compressed.

0JqkNNW.jpg

dfeFhgJ.jpg

CbL7ak4.jpg

jS6ixu8.jpg

ULTRA, 4xAA - with FPS counter

GTX 780ti, i7 3770k @ 4.8ghz, 16gb 2000mhz ram, 500gb Samsung SSD.

I'm happy to see that I'll be getting similar frames, or better.

It looks like this game is very CPU intensive.

Watch_Dogs will sell because the lowest common denominator, a segment of the market that Ubisoft excels at selling to, doesn't really care about any of the shit we're discussing. For example, Assassin's Creed 3 sold gangbusters and somehow reviewed well despite being one of the most half-baked and reviled entries in the series.

Watch Dogs will sell well because there's nothing else to play on PS4 and Xbone for months

ymgve

The 2012 footage from there is also poor quality. Someone linked a site that has very high-bitrate footage in the downgradeton thread. I can't remember the site but I have the video on my home PC. I suggest you don't watch it unless you want to be disappointed in the game's state right now.

Edit: found it.

If anyone else wants this and are getting shit download speeds from playerattack, just google "120604_4pmPST_WatchDogs_BROLL_part1.mov" and you'll find a torrent with the video files that's pretty well seeded.

Kssio_Aug

Thats the PC version maxed out? If so, its pratically the same as the PS4 version (except for the resolution and frame-rate).
And thats only because I'm supposing the PS4 version wont be better then the PC version. Because it looks terrible indeed.

ottomatteseo

Neo Member
Can someone make a screenshot comparison on pc with the 2012 trailer and tweet to that morin guy in what way it is improved? I am really pissed off right now seeing the pc version looked nowhere better.

Smash88

Banned
I noticed texture settings are in a separate graphics settings area to where "Ultra" is selected. I wonder if he forgot to bump that one up ?

This is a different user entirely. He just posted this. All he has stated is Ultra everything, x4 AA.

"Constant 70 - 80fps everywhere I go. Inside any building I'm getting 120+ fps."

Of course I can't really comment beyond this, as I do not know if he missed any settings.

CHC

Lighting looks like the only issue really, those screens have pretty good asset quality, especially for an open world game. I hope this is something related to the fact that this is early and a lot of the screens MIGHT be from pirated copies. Hopefully a little SweetFX or something can fix this up (not to the point of the E3 reveal though), that stuff can make a big difference.

This is a different user entirely. He just posted this. All he has stated is Ultra everything, x4 AA.

"Constant 70 - 80fps everywhere I go. Inside any building I'm getting 120+ fps."

Of course I can't really comment beyond this, as I do not know if he missed any settings.

Ah fair doos. Guess we will just have to wait for the Wild West screenshots to calm down and people are more exact with their settings :)

Matush

I hope my questions isn't going to get lost with all these PC screens, but is there an option to invade game of my friend, or is it entirely random?

Sevenfold

Grass to the left of Aiden looks like it's been attacked with the blur tool in Photoshop!

Hope it isn't random, revenge will be needed!

Jhn

Something I'd really like is for someone on an Ultra settings PC to reconstruct the walk in the beginning of the 2012 reveal with similar time of day and weather. It wasn't night and it looked great, so it should give us a good idea of how big the downgrade hit was.

4904_59d2.gif

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm just really glad that while the graphical quality isn't the greatest it still looks good. That and the gameplay has been kept intact since its reveal in 2012 makes me a happy person to have pre-ordered.

Marcel

Something I'd really like is for someone on an Ultra settings PC to reconstruct the walk in the beginning of the 2012 reveal. It wasn't night and it looked great, so it should give us a good idea of how big the downgrade hit was.

4904_59d2.gif

That's by whatever the game equivalent of the Chicago Theater is. Shouldn't be hard to find.

hbkdx12

I hope my questions isn't going to get lost with all these PC screens, but is there an option to invade game of my friend, or is it entirely random?

I saw a video yesterday of a youtuber that had recent preview access and my take away from what he was saying made it sound like you could choose between opening yourself up to public/random invades or just people on your friends list

Matush

I saw a video yesterday of a youtuber that had recent preview access and my take away from what he was saying made it sound like you could choose between opening yourself up to public/random invades or just people on your friends list
Cool I hope that's true. I don't have a problem with randoms, but the real deal is to hack into friend's games and mess with them.

Harp

When you guys say the game looks like shit. What are you comparing it too? The only thing I know to look better is infamous 2nd son. Mainly because of the amazing textures and lighting effects. And that is not a pc game.

Something I'd really like is for someone on an Ultra settings PC to reconstruct the walk in the beginning of the 2012 reveal with similar time of day and weather. It wasn't night and it looked great, so it should give us a good idea of how big the downgrade hit was.

4904_59d2.gif

Seems like the gameplay from that 2012 "demo" is intact, but I want to play this kind of amazing graphics and environmental effects, not just a last gen sandbox game with a twist. Just can't get excited about this game anymore.

hbkdx12

4904_59d2.gif

Someone took comparable screenshots of this exact thing from the 2012 reveal and ps4 (?) footage. The downgrade is very evident but not abysmal if you didn't have anything to compare it to. People are suggesting the PC graphics aren't leaps and bounds over next gen so who knows?

It's somewhere in this thread and/or the other watchdogs preview thread

Kssio_Aug

Here is another album: http://imgur.com/a/fMSUm#9 (different user)

http://i.imgur.com/qGllPZy.jpg

Thought this picture was funny because of the blurring this game does. Like some kid came along and smudged a painting with his greasy fingers.

Im not sure what conclusion should I get on those pics. This one at the same time that looks better, is too blurry and with some strange pixel mess all around. And the others screenshots looks worse then that one, specially the ones less blurry. Thats strange.

Edit:
Ok, those last screenshots looks way better now. But damn... Aiden is fucking ugly! LOL

Edit 2:
Well... at the original size it doesnt look good anyway.

twisted89

Im not sure what conclusion should I get on those pics. This one at the same time that looks better, is too blurry and with some strange pixel mess all around. And the others screenshots looks worse then that one, specially the ones less blurry. Thats strange.

I mentioned in my original post with that link that some weird stuff was going on with MSAA enabled.

Smash88

Banned
When you guys say the game looks like shit. What are you comparing it too? The only thing I know to look better is infamous 2nd son. Mainly because of the amazing textures and lighting effects. And that is not a pc game.

I think many people are comparing it to the E3 2012 trailer, which had everyones expectations of the graphics extremely high.

That "pixel mess" one is just someone spinning around and the blur coming into play.

Redmoon

4904_59d2.gif

I'll try to replicate that. I've already seen some nice explosions, though im unsure how accurate they were to that one video.

Also, am I allowed to post videos
of my horrible k/b driving skills

chico

i wont buy this game... Ubisoft needs to learn a lesson.
im sure at this e3 they will do the same shit with another game. we all will be hyped and 2 years later the game looks nowhere like the one shown at the first presentation. this needs to stop.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright so something is clearly going on here, when you compare it to the Nvidia trailer which was only a few months ago, something is severely missing. Either its due to it being a pirated copy and things are just weird or Ubisoft hasn't flicked the high-res switch. It just seems so...off right now.

Edit: Looking at those screens above and then some of the earlier galleries, each one is just too varied. Maybe it looks better in motion? I just can't wrap my head around how it is so different between user experiences.

Top Bottom