• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

tensuke

Even with the unfortunate downgrade, I'm still excited for this. The story/gameplay should be fun enough. But it's really a shame about the visuals, should've gone for next-gen only rather than cross-gen.

image_315971_full.jpg

image_315970_full.jpg

image_315969_full.jpg

image_315968_full.jpg

image_315967_full.jpg

image_315972_full.jpg

Nice demonstration of 3DS max and Photoshop Ubi. Reminds me of their work around FC3 :

screenshot_32tcm1955462.jpg

1258627-far-cry-3.jpg

The game never look anywhere close

Cross gen titles dont look all that great on PS4 and xboned.

Still, this trailer makes the game look interesting again even if there has been a graphical downgrade.

Muffdraul

Even with the unfortunate downgrade, I'm still excited for this. The story/gameplay should be fun enough. But it's really a shame about the visuals, should've gone for next-gen only rather than cross-gen.

Exactly. Disappointed as I am, I'm not canceling my pre-order or anything. I still think it'll be a great game.

acklame

I'm not a fan of Ubisoft's bullshot routine but come on now, you can find an ugly shot of any game, especially an open world game. Claiming the whole game will feel like that one particular ugly sequence is simply jumping the gun because you have no way of knowing that until you play the game.

Trickster

because why not, E3 2012 vs March 2014

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

I've actually been one of the people that defended the game from people who said the game had been downgraded a lot, prior to ubisoft delaying the game. But now, with this trailer. Holy fucking shit, they downgraded the everliving shit out of it.

I'm not a fan of Ubisoft's bullshot routine but come on now, you can find an ugly shot of any game, especially an open world game. Claiming the whole game will feel like that one particular ugly sequence is simply jumping the gun because you have no way of knowing that until you play the game.

The entire trailer looks bad compared to all the footage they showed before the delay.

BFIB

City streets look lifeless. Hardly any pedestrians on the streets.

This game has lost all hype from me. I really hope I'm proved wrong, because the premise sounds promising.

Liamario

Banned
Anyone with knowledge of these things care to try and explain what happened. What would be the reason they made the downgrade; was it ever running on PS4 hardware?

The disappointing this is they should have been able to achieve their original vision. Infamous looks better to me than the original reveal. It doesnt look that amazing at this stage. This just looks low ball...

Some Nobody

The story seems pretty bad. The dude's magic hacker smartphone is like the ultimate deus ex machina. He might as well have a Game Gear that can look into the future.

No. Bad hyperbolic fanboy. Bad! I'd whack you with a newspaper if I could.

Anyway, don't care--was never interested in this for graphics in the first place. Hype for the release.

-Deimos

Old face was better and his voice really does suck. I thought you guys were exaggerating on the graphics, you weren't.

Old face was better and his voice really does suck. I thought you guys were exaggerating on the graphics, you weren't.

I agree on every point. I already was very, very underwhelmed with the trailer but after watching the gameplay...oh my god. So unimpressive, so uninspired. It honestly seems like more of a downgrade now than it did before it was delayed. Especially after watching the inFamous gameplay today.

Cross gen has clearly hurt this game notably. But even GTAV seemed to have better lighting and models on last gen consoles.

theycallmeryan

Neo Member
It seems like Xbox 360 footage, I know it was "confirmed" as PS4 footage, but I'm thinking that the Twitter account that confirmed that was misunderstanding what trailer they were talking about. Why would a trailer on the 360 dashboard be advertising the next gen version of the game?

tbm24

So, game looks pretty awesome judging from that Story Trailer. Shall buy, thankfully it launches right when the semester is over.

Ghazi

Xbox 360 Preview Dashboard? I wasn't aware there were going to be more updates for the 360. Unless this means through an ad/tile on the dashboard.

Top Bottom