• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

Nzyme32

The PC version looks fucking great.

You're nuts. Sleeping Dogs is the best looking last gen open world game. This game blows that away. Its better in every way graphically.

I didn't really think about it but yeah, Sleeping Dogs is a gorgeous game and certainly looks a whole lot better than Watch Dogs now.

Not that graphics are everything, but this is one of the reasons the original trailer for watch dog was good. The lighting and shadowing gave a real atmosphere to the environments. Sleeping Dogs has that as well, and it lead me to spend a lot of time just going around in quite a casual manner taking in the atmosphere.

Now watch dogs seems very much flatter and drab. It's lacking character almost.

Dosn't look as natural as the game did before ( E3), lighting looks worse and it just looks like a pretty significant downgrade, even if the foliage looks good.

It looks very... cartoony in a sense, something I expect next gen SR game to look like, which is disappointing.

The lighting is probably the biggest thing. I wouldn't be surprised if almost everyhting else looks almost the same, but the lighting specifically took a serious downgrade.

lagler1

Neo Member
Imo ...i think its a mix between next gen and current gen (mostly next gen) interlaced in the video. But it looks great to me!!!

It is just me or does Aiden look different at different points during the trailer. He looks younger then older then younger toward the end.

because why not, E3 2012 vs March 2014

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

DNAbro

Only a few days before Mario Kart 8! How can they even hope to compete???

but seriously, my hype for this game has gone down significantly since the reveal, and probably will not pick it up because of mario kart.

Any previews from some...less pitching outlets? Some of the gameplay looks a little rough as opposed to what these previews are making it out to be, and definitely making mountains out of molehills with the seeing information about every NPC approach.

I feel like the animations stem from something out of a PSX CG cutscene. Something about it that has.... no impact. Graphics are not as great as the original trailer and this whole actionesque vibe deprives the intensity from the original E3 2012 reveal.

This feels like another B:I, TLOU scenario where gameplay from the first reveal is never replicated in the final product after "delays".

And it's a worrying trend I hope that doesn't continue.

Lethtonium

Neo Member
This looked great! I'm still kind of angry at Ubisoft for pushing the game back in what I still think was an attempt to have it not compete with Assassin's Creed, but I'll still play Watch_Dogs.

Ubisoft have a history of overselling their games' visuals, c'mon guys. GAF is going to be crazy when the same inevitably happens to The Division.

I think Watch_Dogs looks pretty fun.

Dead

well not really...yet
The game looks very nice in the Italian gameplay video. That gif is literally the only bad looking part. Huge downgrade in the lighting from the copter obviously. Rest looks good though.

Ubisoft have a history of overselling their games' visuals, c'mon guys. GAF is going to be crazy when the same inevitably happens to The Division.

I think Watch_Dogs looks pretty fun.

When the Division does not live up to the reveal trailer graphics, gaming websites will go ablaze.

Wow the visuals have taken a nosedive.

I know gameplay and story are more important for most people but, looking back at the reveal trailer, it looks like the current gen version in comparison.

When the Division does not live up to the reveal trailer graphics, gaming websites will go ablaze.
Why can't Ubi just release the "original" versions on PC? There's no way a Titan Black and 4930 couldn't handle the Watch_Dogs trailer we saw in 2012.

N0N1337H41

Neo Member
I'm not trying to defend the game, but it still meets my original expectations. As a pessimist I have the luxury of many things meeting or exceeding expectations. I assumed that this would be AC in the future with GTA elements stuck in, and it looks like that's exactly what I'm getting. This is still a Day 1 purchase for me.

Not a trailer, but it's a gameplay hands on preview with new footage (and yes I picked the worst part for a screenshot, but I thought it deserved to be seen, LOL)
To be fair, that gameplay looked good. People should watch it. Definitely a next gen version of a crossgen game. Ofcourse i'd love to see a game like this made for next gen only.
Are we sure that the gameplay is from PS4?
Did you watch the actual video? Cause it looks nothing like a PS3 or 360 game i terms of texture detail and image quality.
Keep in mind, it's an open world crossgen game.

farisr

To be fair, that gameplay looked good. People should watch it. Definitely a next gen version of a crossgen game. Ofcourse i'd love to see a game like this made for next gen only.

Yeah, said something along the same lines as well, before I directed people's attention towards the card section. LOL.

Looking at that video, kinda looks like what I'd expect a port of GTAV to look like on the ps4. (again kinda)

But something just seems off with the lighting, too bright, like maybe missing shadows or something. Like they've left a setting turned off or something that adds shadows.

Anyways, the reason people have so much of an issue with this game's graphics being like this is because it looked significantly better when shown off 2 years ago. If they hadn't shown that off, and had revealed the game the way it looks now,many of the comments would be "yup, looks like a cross-gen game" rather than "looks like a ps3/360 game"

Edit: But also, I noticed that their previous gameplay vids had some framerate hiccups when performing some actions, the game looks silky smooth in the video now.

What I find way funnier than all this downgrade talk is the amount of people on GAF who didn't even think the Watch Dogs 2012 trailer looked particularly 'next gen' at the time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Odd that this looks worse than the footage from the PS Meeting and E3 2013. I actually didn't think it was massively changed at those events compared to 2012.

That might possibly be the greatest sequel ever.

But really, it should be a fun open world game.

Hopefully. Expectations are very low now, which is good I suppose. It does seem really fun eavesdropping on people and stalking them but I can imagine it getting old and tired pretty fast.

Journalists, get on that and ask Ubi the tough questions.

Sorry, too busy selling how revolutionary text popping up next to a NPC is.

Edit: Doesn't mean it isn't interesting what they do with it in regards to missions and distractions, but both the IGN and GameInformer previews are going all Titanfall on it.

Top Bottom