• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
left4dead-behindyou.png

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
TheGOHN said:
Well, post it maybe someone will give it a shot.:D
Well it would be an eerily empty shot of the team with maybe a subtle hint of a zombie somewhere. Then it would say "The calm before the horde." I don't know, if somebody could pull it off I think it could be pretty cool. :lol

TheGOHN

I like that a lot! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

PantherLotus said:
http://images.redial.net/left4dead-behindyou.png

I tried to do that ( behind you) but it just didn't look right when I got done. You got it right tho.

rezuth

I would like an ad with Francis being left behind in the distant with lots of zombies getting near him and Bill shouting "Leave him!", and infront of the 3 survivors making it the text Left4Dead

itxaka

Defeatist
I was looking to do one that was a copy of the dawn of the dead (original) poster, with a witch face instead, but I can't find a good photo of the witch and I suck at photoshop, so if anyone likes it, go ahead :D

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I might look into this later on. It's an interesting game, for sure, but I'm not sure about what kind of ad I want to make yet.

dxhc99

OK, so after going through the entire thread and seeing all the amazing ads I just coundn't sit by and had to give it a shot. Unfortunately, I suck at photoshop or any other kind of photo software but I thought this was a good idea and it's my favorite line in left 4 dead. :D

3254877887_ca1a207ea1.jpg

If anyone likes the idea, please try and do a better one. Criticism welcomed.

Tenks said:
When was it released on PS3 :lol

Oops, isn't it on PS3? I thought it was multiformat. Oh well... anyway, this one is closer to my original vision:

2drribn.png

Again, says PS3. I just assumed if it was on PC and 360 it'd be on PS3 in this day and age. Whatevers :p

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
dxhc99 said:
OK, so after going through the entire thread and seeing all the amazing ads I just coundn't sit by and had to give it a shot. Unfortunately, I suck at photoshop or any other kind of photo software but I thought this was a good idea and it's my favorite line in left 4 dead. :D

3254877887_ca1a207ea1.jpg

If anyone likes the idea, please try and do a better one. Criticism welcomed.
:lol :lol

I love Chicago Ted.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Not coming up with many ideas on this one. I'll have to try again later. For now, ads targeted at people who have already played the game, which is... kinda fucked up and nonsensical.

28gta8n.jpg

15rjmes.jpg

2yngq6q.jpg

Tideas

Banned
sorry, but picking L4D doesn't seem like a good idea. Seems like it's pretty constrictive. And don't allow much creativity.

Perhaps Shadow of Colossus next?

The Hermit

Tideas said:
sorry, but picking L4D doesn't seem like a good idea. Seems like it's pretty constrictive. And don't allow much creativity.

Perhaps Shadow of Colossus next?

I would agree with you if Mik´s effort haven´t left me in tears... I mean wow! :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I haven't played L4D yet, but I lol'd anyway :lol :lol :lol
Awesome job, Mik :lol

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
mik keeps on delivering :lol Great job.

FoxSpirit said:
Ermmmm.... okay guys, I love mik's work but calling those the winning L4D ads is... nope.

Be fair in your judgement.

I didn't know this was a competition.

Davidion

Why are a lot of people using the old character designs for their ads? Were they included in the media kit that someone posted earlier?

Top Bottom