• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

mildewproduction said:
L4Dad.jpg

Not that good, but you get the idea.

I really dig the concept.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
In retrospect, mik, if you adjusted the screen's lighting and put in some crumpled paper effects, there's no reason that couldn't be a legitimate campaign. As is, the colored screen shots thrown on top of an otherwise solid concept looks slightly out of place.

u_neek

I know it's late but here's another SFIV ad.

A bit rushed (as you can see on "new" Ryu's lifebar) but I liked the concept :)

10r7ojm.jpg

AniHawk

Sword Familiar said:
Here's mine. Totally uninspired, but at least I tried :lol :

left4dead.jpg

I really like the Dawn of the Dead treatment.

I know it's not 100% original to this thread, but I think it'd look cool as a faux-movie poster. The actual Left 4 Dead logo at the bottom is redundant though.

AniHawk

TheGOHN said:
Wow! This thread slowed way down.

Well usually by now there's a new topic up, but people bitched during SFIV that there wasn't enough time, so I extended the due date, and now no one's contributing again even though they had six days of time to come up with something for Left 4 Dead.

Ydahs

TheGOHN said:
Wow! This thread slowed way down.
It reached it's climax with MadWorld. There were soo many good ads for that game.

Has Killzone 2 been done yet? Maybe that should be the next, seeing how it's near release and all. Should get some attention.

AniHawk

Has Killzone 2 been done yet? Maybe that should be the next, seeing how it's near release and all. Should get some attention.

I swear to god, I will find all you people that don't read the OP and make you pay.

Ydahs said:
It reached it's climax with MadWorld. There were soo many good ads for that game.

There were more entries for SFIV than MadWorld.

Ydahs

AniHawk said:
I swear to god, I will find all you people that don't read the OP and make you pay.
Maybe after Link's Awakening?

*flees*

There were more entries for SFIV than MadWorld.

Really? In terms of quality, I really think MadWorld was the greatest, with Mirror's Edge in second.

TheGOHN

AniHawk said:

:lol :lol

Ydahs said:
Really? In terms of quality, I really think MadWorld was the greatest, with Mirror's Edge in second.

Thats really a matter of opinion.

AniHawk said:
Well usually by now there's a new topic up, but people bitched during SFIV that there wasn't enough time, so I extended the due date, and now no one's contributing again even though they had six days of time to come up with something for Left 4 Dead.

Well I know I said an extension made sense, ( at the same time I always had all my ads done in time) but what looks good on paper.........

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
AniHawk said:
I really like the Dawn of the Dead treatment.

I know it's not 100% original to this thread, but I think it'd look cool as a faux-movie poster. The actual Left 4 Dead logo at the bottom is redundant though.

Yeah, that was the original idea, but I was just too lazy to do it.

I beleive Link's Awakening will offer some of the best ads yet. Ultimately, survival horror games and beat em ups don't always inspire people with great ideas.

I think the "retro" games like Megaman 9 and the "fun" games like Madworld will always win out over more serious games.

Hence, I propose the following games for future challenges: Prinny on PSP, Wii Sports Resort, Ghostbusters, and Punch Out!! Oh, and Gardening Mama, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario Bros 3. :D

firex

I'd make one for L4D but I don't think Irfanview can make a good image. The idea behind it though is kind of like "Meet Zoey/Bill/Francis/Louis. They're a..." and gives a short bio using a typewriter font superimposed over a collage of screenshots of ingame action. The bio would then conclude with some shorter paraphrasing of "get to know them well, because they're the only people who can help you survive this zombie apocalypse," to reiterate the game's focus on only four survivors vs hundreds/thousands of zombies.

itxaka

Defeatist
Sword Familiar said:
Yeah, that was the original idea, but I was just too lazy to do it.

From last page:

itxaka said:
I was looking to do one that was a copy of the dawn of the dead (original) poster, with a witch face instead, but I can't find a good photo of the witch and I suck at photoshop, so if anyone likes it, go ahead

Brilliant minds think alike :D

TheGOHN

Android18a said:
I beleive Link's Awakening will offer some of the best ads yet. Ultimately, survival horror games and beat em ups don't always inspire people with great ideas.

I dint know about that, I've come up with one idea for Link's Awakening.
So far I'm uninspired by it and one is about as far as I'm gonna go with it. Thats just me tho.

FoxSpirit

Android18a said:

Wait, what? I thought the SFIV ads were enormously great :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
TheGOHN said:
:lol Reminds me of the guy that pooped up in the corner of the screen in Mortal Combat.

That's what I originally read. And I was all... o_O

u_neek said:
I know it's late but here's another SFIV ad.

A bit rushed (as you can see on "new" Ryu's lifebar) but I liked the concept :)

10r7ojm.jpg

I've got to say, I'm glad I decided to come back to the topic for this. I haven't really liked the latest but this one is awesome. Good job.

Hey guys, I have a request from someone to post his ad in the topic. The problem is that he is banned for 1 week, is it ok if I could post his ad?

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Shadowlink123 said:
Hey guys, I have a request from someone to post his ad in the topic. The problem is that he is banned for 1 week, is it ok if I could post his ad?

I'm not the one pulling the shots, but if it WAS up to me I'd probably give you the "ok". Any contribution to this thread is welcome IMO. It's all in the name of art and fun.

AniHawk

Shadowlink123 said:

Go ahead. Just provide the username too.

AniHawk

TheGOHN said:
So are we going back to the old deadline setup due to the fact that the thread has slowed down so much?

I think what I might do is increase the due date for really popular games and shorten it for stuff like LA and L4D.

Pretty much none of the people who bitched about there not being enough time to do SFIV posted for L4D (which they basically had a week to do).

Top Bottom