• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Red Scarlet said:
Zoey does want a piece of Louis's ass anyway, so...

IIRC, Zoey was originally supposed to be romantically involved with Francis, but in tests this subplot was distracting so they took it out.

AniHawk

All right, switching it over a bit early.

vr3onp.jpg

Link's Awakening? Wow, that's out of nowhere. Played most of it several months ago, now I'm tempted to jump back in and finish. Great work so far.

Ferrio

Banned
Peronthious said:
Link's Awakening? Wow, that's out of nowhere. Played most of it several months ago, now I'm tempted to jump back in and finish. Great work so far.

Ending is the best part.

Couple I did before I went to bed last night...

2lasb3r.png

vc7pd.png

I always found the 4-colour Links Awakening far more charming than the GBC DX version...

hitoshi

I've had no idea / inspiration how to finish it, so WIP version, don't bash it too hard please.

zelda_retro_gaf.jpg

(and it's not exactly link's awakening)

lyre

The current chosen game came as a pleasant surprise for me (can you tell I don't follow this thread religiously?). And just to lend a hand, a quick link with random media. Good show to all involved, btw.

Ydahs

hitoshi said:
I've had no idea / inspiration how to finish it, so WIP version, don't bash it too hard please.

zelda_retro_gaf.jpg

(and it's not exactly link's awakening)
I actually like this one... a lot!

orioto

Good Art™
Ho come on, the Link's awakening contest just began and it's almost over already...
Tss tsss i said i gave up anyway :D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Android18a said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2jetvv7.png[IMG]

Travel Guide :-p[/QUOTE]
FUCK, I had (almost) the same idea :lol
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2z4h8g4.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sword Familiar said:
If it means anything I think I'd probably pick your traveling agent if I had to decide between the two ;)

Quick edit: Oh wait, the first one's a guide!

I can use both! :D

Slightly OT, but I love the classic Links Awakening box. I hope the next Zelda game does the Logo-on-Shiny-Gold-Box thing instead of the artwork-based boxes of recent Zeldas. There's something magical about a shiny gold box with just the logo. Although I'd settle for an artworky-box if it came with *drools* a shiny gold cardboard sleeve with the logo embossed on the front <3

Christine

"Too involved". Other than that, it's awesome.

"In the koholint island" should probably be "on koholint island" as well, and drop the comma before the colon.

TwinIonEngines said:
"Too involved". Other than that, it's awesome.

"In the koholint island" should probably be "on koholint island" as well, and drop the comma before the colon.

Thanks, I have to practice my english a little bit more :D

ShinNL

I don't think the "wake up" messages are so great. It's kind of a huge spoiler, because when I played the game I totally forgot about the game's title (which is the point).

Rogultgot

I made this one thinking that I could replicate the image I had in my head, but boy was I wrong! I'll keep it as a hyperlink so you don't have to subject yourself to it.

I liked the tagline, however, and did another with (almost) the same one in a few minutes that I like a lot more (enough to put it in image tags? You bet!)

9v8rko.jpg

The moral of the story is never try.

jman2050

Soneet said:
I don't think the "wake up" messages are so great. It's kind of a huge spoiler, because when I played the game I totally forgot about the game's title (which is the point).

Yeah, I was going to post this, you aren't supposed to realize you're in a dream world until about halfway through the game.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Rogultgot said:
I made this one thinking that I could replicate the image I had in my head, but boy was I wrong! I'll keep it as a hyperlink so you don't have to subject yourself to it.

I liked the tagline, however, and did another with (almost) the same one in a few minutes that I like a lot more (enough to put it in image tags? You bet!)

9v8rko.jpg

Haha "weak spot". I like it.

Rogultgot said:

http://i42.tinypic.com/9v8rko.jpg/IMG]

The moral of the story is never try.[/QUOTE]
I really like this one

Neomoto

Wow, some really good ones so far :) I really like AniHawk's last one (the text could be better though? I don't know). Thanks for posting links to official artwork, I totally missed those for some reason and I saved quite a few!

Anyway, the artwork inspired me to do a ad too, hope someone likes it since it's my first try.

1zxqfxt.jpg

I think it could use a nice background and I'm not sure if it turned out like I thought it would, but meh. (btw, is the word on play with "rise" subtle enough? :))

Rogultgot said:

9v8rko.jpg

I actually like yours the best.

TheGOHN

Neomoto said:
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zxqfxt.jpg

I like that font.

EDIT: On a side note, Maybe some time in the future we could switch it up a bit. Instead of an ad we could do a Mag cover. Ani could come up with a fictional game magazine name that we have to use and the game or product that is to be featured on the cover.

just a thought

TheGOHN said:
I like that font.

EDIT: On a side note, Maybe some time in the future we could switch it up a bit. Instead of an ad we could do a Mag cover. Ani could come up with a fictional game magazine name that we have to use and the game or product that is to be featured on the cover.

just a thought

NeoGAF Magazine? That'd be a fun challenge :p I like creating visual stuff like magazine covers. In fact, I regularly sometimes kinda do them over for the official UK Nintendo Magazine forum, like this:
2j4ts7q.jpg

(Resized supersmall so it doesn't distract from this actual thread!)

So I'd, like, totally be up for that too :p

Loving some of the ads here guys, particularly the holiday flyer one "You can reach us by RAFT!" made me laugh. I like the doodly one too :)

Top Bottom