• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where Ya Curly Mustaches At?! Marvel vs Capcom 3 Hype Thread of Scoops!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TreIII said:
Honestly, that's what I've been expecting. Capcom has seen how the likes of Namco's series have done pretty well for themselves with story-mode add-ons, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they do something akin to Soul Calibur or Tekken, here.

Y'know, as long as they don't make it so we're FORCED to play such a mode to unlock characters or endings (hello, Tekken 6!), I'm perfectly fine with such a thing. A properly done MAHVEL sequel stands to be pretty much the only thing that might be able to outright challenge Smash's popularity in being able to have that critical meshing of casual and hardcore. Capcom has to know that much, so I'm looking forward to seeing them do the damn thing with this. :D

I'll be very impressed if MvC3 gets anywhere near Smash's popularity.

Hex

Banned
HK-47 said:
I'll be very impressed if MvC3 gets anywhere near Smash's popularity.

34z0vt3.jpg

GatorBait said:
So are we going to basically be on a blackout all the way up to E3? :/

Well as of now its not like were going to see or get anything substantial until then. I just hope we get a good 1-2 minute gameplay trailer of sorts around then.

Xater

mjc said:
Destroyed.

That said, I'll be very sad if they don't put Thor in this time. And they should tone down the x-men characters.

Yes please. I am all for less X-Men and more different parts of the Marvel universe. I'd also like to see Thor.

TreIII

Xater said:
Yes please. I am all for less X-Men and more different parts of the Marvel universe. I'd also like to see Thor.

Niitsuma had on a Chibi-style Thor on his t-shirt when he appeared on X-Play's preview of the game recently. Marvel's also got a movie coming out next year...

With Iron Man 2 directly alluding to that in the ending

I think Thor has this much in the bag.

God's Beard said:
So what, Iron Man flew to Mt.Olympus or some shit? Comics are weird.

Back when Tony Stark was in charge of everything, he tracked down Thor and basically ordered him to register himself as a Superhuman with the US government.

Thor wasn't too pleased with that, as you can tell.

hikarutilmitt said:
Thanks, man.

Same here, I was really looking forward to finding that out myself :/

Anyway, I forgot which site commented on it, but he was wearing this shirt at captivate and offered a coy "No comment" about Thor, but here it is for the curious

2cwoi8.jpg

Xater said:
At least get your mythology right.
I'm well aware that Thor is not from the Greco-Roman Pantheon.

Pai Pai Master said:
Back when Tony Stark was in charge of everything, he tracked down Thor and basically ordered him to register himself as a Superhuman with the US government.

My suspension of disbelief is wavering.

Hex

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:

Not only that, if I remember correctly Stark had a Thor clone that killed Hercules and Thor found out about it.
This is also when Asgard was not the fabled city but a city on earth where the gods had been reawakened.

Urban Scholar said:
With all the manga you've subjugated yourself too, I would've imagined it to be thoroughly shattered by now

You have no idea. I've basically cornered myself into reading nothing but slice of life and older women's romance. My childish wonder lost itself in a sea of broken dreams.

Hex said:
Not only that, if I remember correctly Stark had a Thor clone that killed Hercules and Thor found out about it.
This is also when Asgard was not the fabled city but a city on earth where the gods had been reawakened.
20h6ers.jpg

FSLink

Banned
InvincibleAgent said:
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom had Megaman Volnutt and Zero. I don't know why they picked Volnutt. But Zero is really popular, I can't see him not being in.

And if Zero's in, they need some rendition of Megaman. Either classic or X, I think.
I recall they picked Volnutt since they thought his weapon changing would be interesting in the gameplay. Plus, the game in general (talking about the original release here) seemed to pick more obscure characters on the Capcom side outside of the SF characters and Morrigan.

GatorBait

Urban Scholar said:
Well as of now its not like were going to see or get anything substantial until then. I just hope we get a good 1-2 minute gameplay trailer of sorts around then.
From what I understand, it sounds like they are going to try to hype the game at both E3 and then Comic Con, so I would expect some good stuff at both events. Character reveals and such.

MoxManiac

GatorBait said:
From what I understand, it sounds like they are going to try to hype the game at both E3 and then Comic Con, so I would expect some good stuff at both events. Character reveals and such.

When is Comic Con?

I'm fucking desperate for gameplay footage, media, hell just more info for this game. Just stick in my veinssssss

Man, whatever happened to the good old days when there wasn't any of this crossover bullshit in comics. I liked when Iron Man would get really drunk, beat up his girlfriend and then fly off to some 3rd world country to kill innocent people. He's my favorite superhero because he's a normal human that's super rich with crazy inventions, like Batman if Batman wasn't such a little bitch all the time with his shadows and capes and shit. I don't even know a single bad guy from Iron Man, and I'm fine with that.

GatorBait

I just read through a few MvC3 threads on the SRK forums...and what a cesspool those threads were. Is there any community that is more disgustingly filled with people with superiority complexes than the fighting game community? So many of their opinions were starkly contrary to mine.

Disclaimer: I guess I am what fighting game players would call a "scrub."

V_Arnold

God's Beard said:
Iron man is worse than Batman? Batman doesn't have a jetpack that kills people.

Iron Man is awesome, but crossovers are way more awesome.
Especially Civil War / Secret Invasion / Dark Reign / Siege etc.
You should not really miss them, as reading comics was once considered something odd, as should readers go with the flow sometimes, and see how their favorites react to each other's stuff.

God's Beard said:
Man, whatever happened to the good old days when there wasn't any of this crossover bullshit in comics. I liked when Iron Man would get really drunk, beat up his girlfriend and then fly off to some 3rd world country to kill innocent people. He's my favorite superhero because he's a normal human that's super rich with crazy inventions, like Batman if Batman wasn't such a little bitch all the time with his shadows and capes and shit. I don't even know a single bad guy from Iron Man, and I'm fine with that.

This pisses me off too, actually. I hardly ever buy comics anymore and I never buy Marvel/DC. It's all a bullshit money grab; by trying to get the hardcore fans to feel like they HAVE to buy everything to get the whole story, they alienate casual and new readers alike. It sucks, and I can't wait for the return of the non-crossover trend.

I do miss reading 'em, though, so I tend to follow the stories online. :s

Anyway, kinda off-topic sooooo rant off.

Briarios said:
Clearly, I would love Nova ... but, of course, I have an immense fear that since he actually named him, the character has no chance of being in the game :lol

I would think with all the Avengers teams that are coming they would select at least one character from each group. I'd say Moon Knight or Nova would be prime candidates for Secret Avenger representation.

So we'll probably get War Machine instead. : /

TreIII

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you know who would be awesome for this game?

spiderman-lizard.jpg

Definitely agreed. Lizard is one of my fave Spider-man villains, and it'd be nice to get some one else besides Venom/Anti-Venom, play-style-wise.

Given how ol' boy Conners has a history of getting himself into some interesting predicaments when he transforms into the Lizard (Secret War is one that I remember at least), it be interesting to see if they could work him into this game too. He and Talbain could kindred spirits! :lol

V_Arnold said:
Iron Man is awesome, but crossovers are way more awesome.
Especially Civil War / Secret Invasion / Dark Reign / Siege etc.
You should not really miss them, as reading comics was once considered something odd, as should readers go with the flow sometimes, and see how their favorites react to each other's stuff.

It doesn't mean anything to me, though. At some point, you stretch it out too far and it's all arbitrary, crossovers or not. It's the same reason I'll never read the new ghost in the shell or watch the new evangelion, I feel like I got everything there was to get from the world they created, and everything past that is just fan service. When you have 30 different Spider-Man series that all have different plots, time periods, whatever, it's still about a dude in his pajamas shooting webs to catch bad guys.

legbone

sorry if this is old but i got my new gameinformer today and there is an article on this (haven't read it yet). screenshots look amazing by the way. anyway they confirmed the following characters (showed 9 bios for fighters). anyway i'm sure some (if not all of this) is old news.

chris redfield
the hulk
dante
captain america
felicia
wolverine
morrigan
deadpool
iron man

the only ones new to me were dante, felicia, and deadpool.

God's Beard said:

If anything, the writers have been pretty consistent with the "Tony Stark is an asshole" rationale for everything he does in every crossover and with his normal appearances with the Avengers.

Tony gets drunk and alienates his friends? Asshole
Tony creates Thor clone? Asshole
Tony convinces Spiderman to reveal his secret identity? Asshole
Tony gets Captain America killed? Asshole
Tony shoots the Hulk into space? Asshole

It makes the live action movie much more enjoyable as well. Tony sells out his long time business partner because he had a revelation during captivity, sleeps with every cheap slut available even though his assistant is in love with him, and frequently asks his best friend to breach his military responsibilities...because he's an asshole.

MoxManiac

legbone said:
sorry if this is old but i got my new gameinformer today and there is an article on this (haven't read it yet). screenshots look amazing by the way. anyway they confirmed the following characters (showed 9 bios for fighters). anyway i'm sure some (if not all of this) is old news.

chris redfield
the hulk
dante
captain america
felicia
wolverine
morrigan
deadpool
iron man

Screenshots of actual gameplay?! MUST SEE

TreIII

Good to see that a number of our guesses panned out. Even right down to Felicia. Hopefully my issue is in the mail soon, too.

legbone said:

chris redfield
the hulk
dante
captain america
felicia
wolverine
morrigan
deadpool
iron man

0_0 You mean it's not just the trailer and speculation?

Top Bottom