• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where Ya Curly Mustaches At?! Marvel vs Capcom 3 Hype Thread of Scoops!

legbone

yep. real info. they looked like gameplay screens to me. very stylized look. i predict many will not be happy. i am not sure how i feel about it yet. i only got to look at that article for about 30 seconds. read deadpool's bio though. interesting stuff about some of his attacks. spoiler
his teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam teleport. he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

i know that i don't like the way wolvie looks in the shots. too round shouldered or something.

legbone said:
yep. real info. they looked like gameplay screens to me. very stylized look. i predict many will not be happy. i am not sure how i feel about it yet. i only got to look at that article for about 30 seconds. read deadpool's bio though. interesting stuff about some of his attacks. spoiler
his teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam teleport. he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

i know that i don't like the way wolvie looks in the shots. too round shouldered or something.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I know who I'll be maining.

legbone said:
read deadpool's bio though. interesting stuff about some of his attacks. spoiler

OH SNAP :lol :lol :lol

legbone said:
read deadpool's bio though. interesting stuff about some of his attacks. spoiler

Him vs. Frank West will be the greatest match-up ever. :D

V_Ben

Banned
legbone said:

:lol

HK-47 said:
Over 9 million copies? That'll be something. Like the most successful non Smash fighter since SFII.

MvC has really, really strong casual appeal- outside of smash its probably the only legitimate fighter that could appeal to non fighter fans.

Marvel properties are smoking hot right now- definitely far more so than when MVC 1 or 2 launched, and street fighter is enjoying a really nice resurgence.

Around 3.5-4 million copies of the Ps3 and 360 versions each WW is definitely possible (though not at full price) and would be what I consider "close". 10+ million probably isn't happening though.

vg260

legbone said:
sorry if this is old but i got my new gameinformer today and there is an article on this (haven't read it yet). screenshots look amazing by the way. anyway they confirmed the following characters (showed 9 bios for fighters). anyway i'm sure some (if not all of this) is old news.

chris redfield
the hulk
dante
captain america
felicia
wolverine
morrigan
deadpool
iron man

the only ones new to me were dante, felicia, and deadpool.

All these seem like good, obvious choices, but a little meh on Felicia.

Any pics out there yet?

TreIII

legbone said:

:lol Awesome.

Hopefully, that issue will be at my house tomorow...

vg260

My only worry with the stylized look is that it will be too dark like the trailer. I hope this is bright and colorful like the old games.

TreIII

According to SRK, it appears a control scheme based on the TvC interface is also confirmed.

Can you elaborate, C/D, legbone, or any one else?

Threi

notag
:lol :lol :lol @ Deadpool

Also if its a TvC control scheme that's awesome.

Here's hoping its a 5-button scheme. A/B/C/P1/P2

Bebpo

Banned
TreIII said:
According to SRK, it appears a control scheme based on the TvC interface is also confirmed.

Punches & Kicks merged together again?

ughhhhhh, I could never get used to it in TvC. After decades of fighting games with separate buttons for the kicks and the punches it's just so unintuitive. I hope they stick with the MvC2 control scheme.

Unicorn

legbone said:

Are there screens somewhere?

54-46! said:
Thor_3_DCP_0016.jpg

We need this scene in story mode.

This scene should be quoted on every page of this thread.

(They were in New Orleans when it happened btw, in reference to the argument on the last page).

lordy88 said:
They use both :p. It turns into Muse @ the 1:50 moment. There's no way I would have confused Muse with that music. Almost had me for a moment though :lol
ah, gotcha. well i guess it's still relevant to the "horrible music kids in high school listen to" thing they were going for

TreIII said:

While I don't necessarily mind, I'm really surprised they didn't go back to the MvC2 setup. They're doing 3on3 so how are you going to tag out this time with 2 other people?

TreIII

Bebpo said:
Punches & Kicks merged together again?

ughhhhhh, I could never get used to it in TvC. After decades of fighting games with separate buttons for the kicks and the punches it's just so unintuitive. I hope they stick with the MvC2 control scheme.

Agreed.

Plus, for all that they wanted to try and "streamline" things in TvC, they made a lot of things that I don't agree with.

Having to press BACK+ASST in order to tag out? After a while of trying to get that mechanic to work and failing, I usually just resigned myself to just rely on DHCs and etc as a more reliable means to tag out. I shudder to think about what they could do with either two assist buttons or trying to force two different assists on ONE button.

And that whole "execute a super, THEN immediately press the ASST button" thing in order to do a Crossover Combination?

All that just does more to ask: why did they go out of their way to needlessly complicate things that were SO SIMPLE in the older games?

LP+LK to tag to your first partner. HP+HK to tag to your secondary. Both Assist buttons to do a Crossover. It was simple enough as it was!

Just got the GI issue a few more quick notes:

- Two stages were shown. NYC by the Daily Bugle during a (gay pride?) parade. Tons of banners, and several rainbow banners. =P The other is a MML themed stage. There are tons of Kobuns running around. In one screen shot Tron Bonne is holding a Kobun, so she more than likely will not be playable.

- Chris uses his weapons from RE5. Screenshots showed him using a shotgun and the "shock stick."

- Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' supers are shown.

- Deadpool does the moonwalk.

God please no TVC button layout.

Why try to fix what ain't broken?

I also hope they don't take another cue from TVC and make is slower paced and stiff compared to the fast paced MVC2.

TreIII

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Just got the GI issue a few more quick notes:

- Two stages were shown. NYC by the Daily Bugle during a (gay pride?) parade. Tons of banners, and several rainbow banners. =P The other is a MML themed stage. There are tons of Kobuns running around. In one screen shot Tron Bonne is holding a Kobun, so she more than likely will not be playable.

- Chris uses his weapons from RE5. Screenshots showed him using a shotgun and the "shock stick."

- Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' supers are shown.

- Deadpool does the moonwalk.

HAH! :lol

Can you tell us a bit more in detail about the "TvC" layout?

Posted from SRK

Sorry couldnt get my scanner to work. Seriously go pick up the new GameInformer. This is all there. Ill post what they said and you be the judge:
All directly quoted.

-"MVC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TVC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay."

-"3 on 3 tag team combat returns, complete with the assists and team building structure of the previous title. Veterans can look forward to alpha, beta, and hyper move cancels."

-simplified = launchers are now universally done with one button, the EXCHANGE button. "That's not all the exchange button can do; by pressing it along with certain directions, players can slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combo continuation. Players can also hit the exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly." You can also counter their exchange move by guessing which exchange to hit at the same time, ala, throw countering in tekken.

Theres the skinny. 100% legit.

Basically, the article mentions is using he TvC scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists. The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types.

TreIII

Having at least seen some scans...I can at least say it looks quite good. Dunno what to say for this controller scheme though. This is exactly what I was talking about. Mapping too many things to one button and having all that context type of crap in play is what usually does more to frustrate rather than "simplify".

evil ways

Assuming those are actual gameplay screens, I'm liking the style, a lot, both on characters and stages. It's a shame about the controls though, kills a lot of the hype I had.

Chemo

I wanted this for years but after a long relationship with SF4 and now SSF4 (I wasn't really serious about any fighters before them), the thought of playing something with more simplistic controls seems boring. We'll see, though... I'm sure I'll buy it and play it anyway.

Top Bottom