• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where Ya Curly Mustaches At?! Marvel vs Capcom 3 Hype Thread of Scoops!

evil ways

akachan ningen said:
So you have this opinion of a game you've never played. awesome.

Yeah man, that's why it's called an opinion, on the footage I just saw of a game. Kinda like when you have a first impression on something you've never seen before. :D

evil ways said:
Yeah man, that's why it's called an opinion, on the footage I just saw of a game. Kinda like when you have a first impression on something you've never seen before. :D

you said
it creates a cluster fuck in the heat of battle. At least in my opinion.

that's not something you would know unless you've played it.

hitsugi

akachan ningen said:
and you don't know that mvc3 will have all those things either, so stop bitching until you actually know.

but let's say they do. all those things could still be done with different motions on four buttons.

Firstly, you're actually bitching about other people "bitching" so yeah....

And second: Why wouldn't they be? To further "simplify" things in order to accommodate a new button layout?

hitsugi said:
Firstly, you're actually bitching about other people "bitching" so yeah....

And second: Why wouldn't they be? To further "simplify" things in order to accommodate a new button layout?

because it's a new game. the vs series has always gone through changes. probably more than any other fighter. it's even more likely now that it's on a new gen engine for a new generation of gamers(in capcom's view anyway). and because a lot of those things broke mvc2.

And I don't think this counts as bitching. I'm just trying to calm people down. :|

Tain said:
Sorry man, but big claims like that need serious backing up.

Have you played Jojo?

Ok, in Marvel VS Capcom 2, what you basically do is manage 3 characters and call in assists, right? You can attack with your main character, call in a special single attack/hyper combo, or knock out the other character to force a swap. You've got a few attack buttons and super jumps, rolling, guard push. Theoretically, it's pretty simple. Choose a good team, get some solid combos/infinites in, and control space.

Jojo's system is pretty intense. You've got the same basics as a versus game, super jumps, guard push, stand crash instead of snap backs, rolling, etc. But the actual combat is much more complicated. Rather than controlling space, you're setting up traps. There's only 3 attack buttons, but almost every character has two separate move sets. This is the stand system, and it's the 4th button in Jojo. You swap modes on the fly depending on your needs, and it affects everything from movement to your supers. Stands are generally a sort of ghost that fights alongside you, and they have varying powers, from flurries of punches to teleportation, flying or electrical cords dropping from the ceiling. You can trigger stands to do combos that you input while you move independently and create pincer attacks. You can freeze time and set up a string of supers. It's like a cracked out version of darkstalkers. Certain moves will clash together and you have to mash out buttons to win. The combo links are generally pretty tough, and some special move inputs are more like the Shun Goku Satsu than hadokens.

Here's a Dio Bnb(Jojo's Ken equivalent) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcs_iCuKVk
The fight I posted above is a good example of how fights play out, even if Dio and Jojo are a little plain as far as the cast goes.
Another good one might be Shadow Dio(think violent ken) vs Young Joseph(think dan)
neither of those characters even have real stands.

obonicus

Tain said:
I do that all the time, and I'm usually right!

But yeah, the button scheme complaining really shouldn't be going any further than "it's easier to make something more complicated when you have more buttons, but complicated with less than six buttons has been done before, so whatever, we'll see"

I'm just wondering if the people against this have actually played TvC? I'm not seeing many specific complaints about the control scheme beyond 'it's not MvC2' or 'one button doing lots of stuff must get messy', the latter of which I wish people would support with arguments. Not to defend this decision or even TvC, but I'd really like to hear if there's a precise problem with TvC control scheme beyond 'it's not MvC2's'.

TreIII

obonicus said:
I'm just wondering if the people against this have actually played TvC? I'm not seeing many specific complaints about the control scheme beyond 'it's not MvC2' or 'one button doing lots of stuff must get messy', the latter of which I wish people would support with arguments. Not to defend this decision or even TvC, but I'd really like to hear if there's a precise problem with TvC control scheme beyond 'it's not MvC2's'.

In my personal experience, TvC's control scheme was a bit on the annoying side.

For example: in past Versus games, tagging in/out was done by pressing a combo of two buttons of equal strength. In TvC, they mapped that same motion to pressing "Back+Assist". Now, maybe it was just me, but it would get consistently annoying how the game would often ignore my attempts to tag out and would just call out the Assist to do an attack I did not NEED. It was very annoying, and forced me to adapt to the idea of just doing DHCs as a more reliable means of tagging out.

Then there was the other thing. One of my issues with MvC2 was that, by condensing the attack buttons to 4, a lot of characters lost out on attack animations that were really needed to give them a fighting chance. But to say the least, I least had designated punch and kick buttons. TvC, by virtue of cutting the attack buttons to 3 generic "strength" buttons, only does even worse in this area.

Ryu's Hadoukens and SRKs are mapped to the same buttons that also perform his Tatsus and Mule Kicks. This is a headache that is compounded when you get crossed up. In older games, I might be able to answer a cross up attempt by being able to SRK if I guessed correctly. In TvC, I'm at the mercy at the game itself: sometimes I might be able to get that SRK off, or it make me do the Mule Kick instead. It's all subjective to how the game "processes" which direction I'm facing at the time.

In games like Melty Blood, where I don't have as many moves, such a simplified control scheme is fine. But a Versus game should have a pretty extensive control scheme by default, and going by TvC as a precedent, it doesn't necessarily pan out that well.

obonicus

TreIII said:
In games like Melty Blood, where I don't have as many moves, such a simplified control scheme is fine. But a Versus game should have a pretty extensive control scheme by default, and going by TvC as a precedent, it doesn't necessarily pan out that well.

Was this 'guessing' a problem for all characters, or just for returning Capcomers?

TreIII

obonicus said:
Was this 'guessing' a problem for all characters, or just for returning Capcomers?

It basically was a problem for everybody who had access to basic motions, while also having reverse-motions as part of their moveset.

So in short, a good portion of the roster. The more moves you, as a character, had, the more annoying it got.

Unicorn

TreIII said:
In my personal experience, TvC's control scheme was a bit on the annoying side.

For example: in past Versus games, tagging in/out was done by pressing a combo of two buttons of equal strength. In TvC, they mapped that same motion to pressing "Back+Assist". Now, maybe it was just me, but it would get consistently annoying how the game would often ignore my attempts to tag out and would just call out the Assist to do an attack I did not NEED. It was very annoying, and forced me to adapt to the idea of just doing DHCs as a more reliable means of tagging out.

Then there was the other thing. One of my issues with MvC2 was that, by condensing the attack buttons to 4, a lot of characters lost out on attack animations that were really needed to give them a fighting chance. But to say the least, I least had designated punch and kick buttons. TvC, by virtue of cutting the attack buttons to 3 generic "strength" buttons, only does even worse in this area.

Ryu's Hadoukens and SRKs are mapped to the same buttons that also perform his Tatsus and Mule Kicks. This is a headache that is compounded when you get crossed up. In older games, I might be able to answer a cross up attempt by being able to SRK if I guessed correctly. In TvC, I'm at the mercy at the game itself: sometimes I might be able to get that SRK off, or it make me do the Mule Kick instead. It's all subjective to how the game "processes" which direction I'm facing at the time.

This.

TvC was cool, but it felt so random at times.

El Sloth

Banned
evil ways said:
this Blazblue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjbavze2sE

Maybe I picked the wrong video to watch but that looks incredibly slow and and incredibly boring.

Well you did pick a fight with two Carl's, a character whose pejorative isn't really speed. I suggest looking through the Blazblue thread for better vids.

Also, I don't know if this means anything, but my non-gamer friends who love fighting games like Street Fighter IV fucking love Blazblue and we always have good fun with it. Rent it and give it a try before deciding it's boring.

NeonZ said:
The Chris vs Hulk battle shown takes place in a Megaman Legends background... I really don't want to see that rumored list confirmed, but it seems more and more likely. Featuring 2 Megaman characters without any Megaman is just silly...

Which rumored list is that?

And yeah I did a double take with the screenshot, because at first I thought it was the TvC stage slightly redone, but some people are saying it's supposed to be Cattleox Island ???

And yeah about the controls I agree. I mean since I'm not one of those hardcore arcade junkies and had fun with TvC I don't mind too much, but some of those assist controls can trip you up, so it seems weird to me that they'd try to simplify it further, but then the Marvel guy, Chris Baker, said he REALLY liked TvC and I guess it's like the G4 News Editor said, back when Marvel wasn't as big as they are now, MvC2 was the "Hardcore Capcom Fighter with Marvel characters as a bonus" and now it's the other way around, "Here's a game for all Marvel fans to enjoy which has Capcom characters in it." So I guess the whole idea of a really easy-to get-into fighting game really appeals to Marvel.

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:
Have you played Jojo?

Ok, in Marvel VS Capcom 2, what you basically do is manage 3 characters and call in assists, right? You can attack with your main character, call in a special single attack/hyper combo, or knock out the other character to force a swap. You've got a few attack buttons and super jumps, rolling, guard push. Theoretically, it's pretty simple. Choose a good team, get some solid combos/infinites in, and control space.

There's more to it at high level, there's unblockables, super jump cancels, air dashing, etc. . .

TreIII

Choppasmith said:
And yeah about the controls I agree. I mean since I'm not one of those hardcore arcade junkies and had fun with TvC I don't mind too much, but some of those assist controls can trip you up, so it seems weird to me that they'd try to simplify it further, but then the Marvel guy, Chris Baker, said he REALLY liked TvC and I guess it's like the G4 News Editor said, back when Marvel wasn't as big as they are now, MvC2 was the "Hardcore Capcom Fighter with Marvel characters as a bonus" and now it's the other way around, "Here's a game for all Marvel fans to enjoy which has Capcom characters in it." So I guess the whole idea of a really easy-to get-into fighting game really appeals to Marvel.

It still seems so backward to me, though.

I mean, say what you will about Blizzard, but I think they got this overall thing done pat. They make a game that satisfies their hardcore fans (which are the hardest to please) first and foremost. Casuals are then drawn in later, because the game is just that well made, and can be played on various levels. You'll never see a casual StarCraft fan be able to go toe-to-toe with a hardcore guy who's made the game his livelihood, but he still has just as much fun with the game, regardless of his skill level and how much he agonizes over the tech-trees and building structures.

So, I dunno why Capcom and so many others are subscribing to this rather backwards ideology that you have to "streamline" first in order to get more casuals involved. Focus on making a game WELL ENOUGH, and people will respond, because, ideally, the controls will be well made, too.

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:
same with jojo.

I wouldn't know, all I know is you're over simplifying MVC2 in order to make JoJo's look better. That's usually a sign of a weak argument.

Just read about MVC3, not happy about the control scheme at all. There's no logic in it from a (Capcom)fighting game fans perspective. TVC just felt weird and awkward. Whereas I think MVC2 scheme was simple enough, it was the horribly unbalanced gameplay mechanics that made it a nightmare for newbies.

VaLiancY said:
1263588728157.jpg

I don't know what I saw - but it was amazing.

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!

DR2K said:
I wouldn't know, all I know is you're over simplifying MVC2 in order to make JoJo's look better. That's usually a sign of a weak argument.

I was really simplifying Jojo as well, I just added a few sentences and examples because nobody would know what I was talking about otherwise because nobody played it. Everybody knows how MvC2 plays. I could have just left out the marvel paragraph entirely.

TreIII

God's Beard said:
I was really simplifying Jojo as well, I just added a few sentences and examples because nobody would know what I was talking about otherwise because nobody played it.

*raises hand* :mad:

I loved that damn game...at least as long as nobody "gave me da bird".

Beth Cyra

evil ways said:
this Blazblue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjbavze2sE

Maybe I picked the wrong video to watch but that looks incredibly slow and and incredibly boring.

And people have a right to bitch about the controls. Some of us don't want 10 different attacks or actions mapped out to a single button, it creates a cluster fuck in the heat of battle. At least in my opinion. Having different strength attacks on different buttons opens up more gameplay options, different attack situations, while if you only have to mash the same button to get 3 different strikes it sorta gets monotonous.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but christ, are you really calling BlazBlue slow when you are in a game thread made about a CAPCOM fighter? Really?

This shit is crazy. Not to mention the video you decided to post is probably one of the worst you coud have done for the 4 button setup. Carl is an incredibly deep character that is handled well with the four botton setup. That and I would argue that Carl alone is far closer to actually controlling mutliple characters at one time then ever in MvC 1 or 2, give how much you have to pay attention to your character, your enemies character as well as the robot given she factors so heavily into high level play for Carl.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I gotta say, that hardcore fighting game players are the most difficult to please, hands down. This is meant respectfully. But, people dismissing Capcom out of hand, presuming that they literally /cannot/ make games judged to be as complex as "theoretical ultimate fighter 3", might want to step back a moment.

Capcom had to work their way up to games like Vampire Savior 2, JoJo, 3rd Strike, MvC2, and hell, even Alpha 3 and Capcom Vs SNK2. It took years to get there; those games came about because they were built upon a dozen revisions of the general Capcom fighting game design ethics.

Before those games were "simpler" games like SF2, Darkstalkers 1, X-Men CotA, and even Cyberbots.

The super popularity of fighting games in the 90s, healthy arcades, and years of stacked complexity are an ecosystem that doesn't exist anymore except for the hardcore fringe. Fans are complaining that Capcom is watering everything down, when Capcom is stuck trying to re-launch fighting games into a relatively cold market.

It has to be especially bad with MvC3 because while it clearly builds on the legendary popularity of MvC2, the Marvel license is big stuff among the mainstream right now.

Also, bear in mind that games such as JoJo /were/ relatively low budget niche projects that didn't have to worry at all about being especially accessible. It's entirely possible, if the popularity of fighters continues to swing back upwards that we'll see games like that appear. I suppose part of the problem is that it's impossible for many people to see MvC3 as anything other than a direct continuation of MvC2 even though that's unrealistic; too much time has passed and it cannot literally be built on MvC2's bones and assets, being a new engine, visual technique, and character components.

In concept, I /like/ the TvC engine and control scheme. (I guess I'm not hardcore enough :p) The argument that what was wrong with MvC2 wasn't more buttons but rather unbalanced character mechanics swings both ways - using 3 attack buttons for MvC3 /doesn't/ necessarily cripple certain characters if the move sets are correctly balanced. But, I suppose this is somewhat similar to the sometimes vicious arguments among Arc fans about BlazBlue being a Stupids(tm) version of Guilty Gear because it's so "simplified" even though it is actually still pretty f**king complex.

NeonZ said:
The Chris vs Hulk battle shown takes place in a Megaman Legends background... I really don't want to see that rumored list confirmed, but it seems more and more likely. Featuring 2 Megaman characters without any Megaman is just silly...

Can you post that "rumored list"?.

TreIII

Kaijima said:
Capcom had to work their way up to games like Vampire Savior 2, JoJo, 3rd Strike, MvC2, and hell, even Alpha 3 and Capcom Vs SNK2. It took years to get there; those games came about because they were built upon a dozen revisions of the general Capcom fighting game design ethics.

Before those games were "simpler" games like SF2, Darkstalkers 1, X-Men CotA, and even Cyberbots.

The super popularity of fighting games in the 90s, healthy arcades, and years of stacked complexity are an ecosystem that doesn't exist anymore except for the hardcore fringe. Fans are complaining that Capcom is watering everything down, when Capcom is stuck trying to re-launch fighting games into a relatively cold market.

Again, I acknowledge and respect that.

What I don't get is, again, why they don't exercise the mindset of making a well-made, complex game, that can be played on many different levels. Simplifying the interface != making a better game. It only serves to a) take away the complexity that this genre should embody and b) piss off long-time fans.

It has to be especially bad with MvC3 because while it clearly builds on the legendary popularity of MvC2, the Marvel license is big stuff among the mainstream right now.

On the other hand! Capcom is the developer of the Gundam Vs. series. It's based on a series that is so big in Japan and the East Asia corridor, it might as well be a religion. Gundam fans come in all shapes and sizes, and has plenty of sects that range all over the place in the area of hardcore and casual.

Yet, the Gundam Vs. series has not had to endure any such thing relating to the whole "casual streamlining" effect that has befallen Capcom's other series. The overall control scheme hasn't changed any in the ten years since the first game came out back in 2000. If anything, the Gundam Vs. series has only proceeded to get MORE COMPLEX as the game series has gone on, with the newest game, Gundam EXTREME Versus being another step beyond what the previous game had.

But nobody balks at the series' increasing complexity; the game series is loved all the more because of it. Not only because of its obvious franchise tie-in, but because it's a honestly, well-made, well-balanced game, that can be played by anybody, casual or hardcore alike.

So, again, why is it necessary for the likes of SF and MvC3 to have to change that much in the name of this whole "streamlining" thing? Games like Gundam Vs. should be all the proof necessary to showcase that a well-made game is all that's necessary to get the job done, without any compromises/concessions necessary.

It's been confirmed by a few people that have the magazine that there is no mention of any other company's characters being added to the game.

This pleases me. ^_^

TreIII

Gunloc said:
It's been confirmed by a few people that have the magazine that there is no mention of any other company's characters being added to the game.

This pleases me. ^_^

Very well. Good enough.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
TreIII said:
Fix your controller or practice more.

I loved TvC's control scheme. Whenever more than 3 unique attack buttons are involved I always feel like I end up neglecting one of them. In TvC I felt like I was making more use of everything that was available to me.

Couldn't do decent baroque combos for shit though.

TreIII

Sixfortyfive said:
Fix your controller or practice more.

No, that was just bad game design in action. And I'm certainly not the only one who has complained about such.

What they wanted to do with one button (and not very well, at that), really needed to be placed onto two buttons, so it would've eliminated such complaints. Having a designated "Tag" and "Assist" Button wouldn't have made the game that much harder to grasp, and it still could have fit well enough into their want to "Streamline".

TreIII said:
Again, I acknowledge and respect that.

What I don't get is, again, why they don't exercise the mindset of making a well-made, complex game, that can be played on many different levels. Simplifying the interface != making a better game. It only serves to a) take away the complexity that this genre should embody and b) piss off long-time fans.

a) no, not necessarily.
b) they need to stop being whiny bitches and wait until the games is actually playable before they start bitching. And I say this as a fan of the series since MSH.

Thought I'd copy this very informative and thorough summary from a Gamefaqs post

--It's just Marvel Vs Capcom, absolutely nothing was said about another party. Random guy on youtube was just spouting bs.
--Sales of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 surpassed their expectations by a whole lot.
--Marvel is at it's "strongest point ever" right now, they decided it was the perfect time to create a game like this.
--Disney did not impact the project positively or negatively in any way.
--Game runs on MT Framework engine that LP2 and RE5 run on.
--From the screens, the game looks VERY VERY VERY comic book-y, it actually looks very different than MvC2 did, most of the colors are very bright, and again, VERY comic-book looking. They basically look exactly the same in gameplay as they did in that trailer. If TvC was eastern anime styled, than MvC3 is western cartoon styled.
--Backgrounds will be lively. J Jonah Jameson is in a helicopter in the background of the Daily Bugle stage shouting and pointing at the players. There's also a parade in the background that has huge air balloons of characters like Spider-Man and Viewtiful Joe. Servbots and Tron Bonne in the background of the Megaman Legends stage.
--"The flow of combat is just as intense and hectic as MvC 2, and all the hardcore elements remain intact. Three-on-three tag-team combat returns, complete with the assists and team building structure of the previous title. Veterans can look forward to alpha, beta, and gamma assist types, snapbacks, and hyper move cancels. Even if you don't know what a snapback is, you're still going to be able to pull of show-stopping aerial raves, since the team at Capcom is streamlining the process for executing advanced maneuvers."
--They want to maximize depth while minimizing complexity, so that's why they decided on TvsC style light, medium, and hard attacks.
--Uppercut move is further simplified from TvsC, it receives it's OWN button, called the "exchange" button. Now in addition to uppercutting, you can choose the direction you slam them in, and continue the combo (like slamming them into the ground)
--Catch to that is if your opponent presses the same exchange direction as you do in a combo, than they escape your combo and counter with their own. "This exciting rock-paper-scissors element complements the simplification of launching foes into the air, integrating a new fold of strategy for hardcore MvC fans to chew on."
--A sort of cross-over areal rave can be performed, where you can safely change your character in the middle of an air combo, using the exchange button. (I'm assuming this works like tvc but the article doesn't exactly specify)
--Story mode is being slightly improved, with "beginning and ending story bookends, along with in-game events to keep it fresh in players' minds. Producer Ryota Niitsuma insists that though this story is better than in other MvC games, it doesn't steal the spotlight from the action."

--Captain America, Felicia, Deadpool, and Dante confirmed. Though no screen shots are given of these new characters, they do have small bios.
--Cpt. America: "This founding member of the avengers returns with his indestructible shield to deliver combatants to justice. He preserves most of his handy move-set, complete with deadly shield-a-rang tosses and evasive cartwheel maneuvers."
--Felicia: "Capcom's catgirl returns with her claws out to deliver quick and nimble combos to anyone distracted by her jiggle physics for too long. She is also able to summon a helpful little catgirl partner to double her threat."
--Deadpool: "Deadpool has the ability to teleport around the battlefield, but do it too many times and his device will backfire to hilarious results. Even breaking the fourth wall, Deadpool's special consists of beating down opponents with his own life bar."
--Dante: "He may be based on the young Devil May Cry 3 protagonist, but this Dante comes equipped with the best moves from the entire series. He can juggle rival fighters with his dual pistols, close distances by sliding on his knees while playing Nevan (his guitar weapon), and even activate his deadly Devil Trigger mode to increase his speed and power."
--Chris: "This BSAA agent brings over every weapon he can carry from Resident Evil 5 into Marvel vs Capcom 3. Chris devastates opponents with his pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, magnum, satellite laser, and grenade launcher (complete with fire, ice, and electric rounds). He also has a slide attack utilizing his electric baton."
--The Hulk: "Bruce Banner returns in his pissed-off form, and somehow he's even more monstrous than before. This green juggernaut is still sluggish, but his immense power and earth-quaking special make him a good bruiser for your team makeup."
--Wolverine: "Logan's claws ravage everything unfortunate enough to stand before him in brilliant swipes of color. His trademark Berserker Barrage move return as both an assist move and a special, making him a perfect main for your team and also a menacing assist character."
--Morrigan: "Darkstalkers' seductive succubus continues the battle with all her otherworldly moves. She catapults opponents skyward with a gigantic spear summoned from the ground and delivers flying reverse pile drivers."
--Iron Man: "Sleeker and slimmer than MvC 2's Tony Stark, this iteration of Iron Man better reflects his current style in the comics. The gold and maroon superhero's gigantic laser cannon still makes for a great assist, and his jet-boots make him ideal for aerial maneuvers."
--"If you were disappointed that you didn't see certain no-brainer Capcom characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii, don't give up hope. Niitsuma confirmed that big characters like Dante were saved from Tatsunoko for Marvel vs. Capcom 3."
--MvC2's cast recycled 15years of backlog and that's a large reason why it had such a big cast. "The morrigan you saw in 1994's Darkstalkers was basically what you saw in 2000's MvC 2."
--MvC3's characters all started from scratch.
--Capcom is paying a very large attention to detail to make sure all the characters are very in-character and act like themselves.
--GI raved about the graphics for a good paragraph, apparently lighting is superb and iron man's armor has reflections.
--GI seemed very impressed with how Dante was represented in the game. "His cockiness and bravado shines through in every action, doing the white-haired badass justice."

I hope the character floats mentioned are merely a nod to CvS2 (whereas Haohmaru and E Honda were large floats but were still playable characters)

obonicus said:

Aside from giving the player more complicated/varied motion inputs, is there any real way to duplicate a character like Akuma, Psylocke, or Strider using the TvC control scheme, where nearly every QCF, QCB, or F,D,DF command, in conjuction with any of the 4 attack buttons, produces a unique special attack?

Keeping in mind that MVC2's dumbed down control scheme already took out one-hit launch options for several members of the cast (Spiderman, Bison, Cyclops) by removing standalone MP/MK.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
--Deadpool: "Deadpool has the ability to teleport around the battlefield, but do it too many times and his device will backfire to hilarious results. Even breaking the fourth wall, Deadpool's special consists of beating down opponents with his own life bar."

This and this alone is awesome. I cannot wait to play this game.

vg260

--Dante: "He may be based on the young Devil May Cry 3 protagonist, but this Dante comes equipped with the best moves from the entire series. He can juggle rival fighters with his dual pistols, close distances by sliding on his knees while playing Nevan (his guitar weapon), and even activate his deadly Devil Trigger mode to increase his speed and power."

Oh HELL YES.

--Backgrounds will be lively. J Jonah Jameson is in a helicopter in the background of the Daily Bugle stage shouting and pointing at the players. There's also a parade in the background that has huge air balloons of characters like Spider-Man and Viewtiful Joe. Servbots and Tron Bonne in the background of the Megaman Legends stage.

Hm, normally characters represented in the game's background aren't also playable characters. Tron Bonne's probably out then.
As far as the Spidey stage, w/ JJ in it and it just being a balloon not the actual character it seems highly likely Spider-Man's a lock. The Marvel guy said no characters had licensing problems making them off-limits. So I wonder if Viewtiful Joe is a playable character then. Hope so.

Balrog was in the background in one of the SF4 stages, so I'm holding out hope for Tron still being in the game...

T_T

Felicia with "jiggle physics" and Deadpool fucks up the 4th wall...nice. I wonder if the the catgirl that Felicia summons is similar in nature to her Dark Force in Savior? And Wade Wilson needs MOAR SHORYUKEN!!!!

Knowing that they were saving Dante for Marvel 3 makes me feel a lot better. They should've put Nero in TvC to adjust for that master plan however.

But from what I've read and seen the game will be fine. As far as the controls go we just have to adjust. TvC's controls were fine other than that Back + Partner for Tags. We have to understand that the while this is for the hardcore that we aren't the focus. Their focus is the money and the hardcore fans aren't that. We'll go buy it in droves but it's the casual fans on the impulse buy or the word of mouth is "Where Da Cash At" as so eloquently put by Dwayne Carter. At this point it may be too late to implement a OG button style for the fans who rather not deal with the dumbed down controls. I'd rather have the choice than not have it at all in this case. But we've got a long while before this drops, so we'll just have to wait and see.

FindMyFarms said:
LOL there's no such thing as "high level" in Jojo. You need more than 3 people playing a game to even have "levels."

While the above is way too easy, I won't be the one to do it. I'll leave it to someone else.

NeonZ

:D So, thankfully, I guess that list was fake. There were a couple of names there (and absences) that were just weird.

ReXXXSoprano said:
While the above is way too easy, I won't be the one to do it. I'll leave it to someone else.

Someone else? A FOURTH Jojo player perhaps? :lol :lol

Let's get together and see if we can find one!!

NeonZ said:
:D So, thankfully, I guess that list was fake. There were a couple of names there (and absences) that were just weird.
If you are talking about that early "leak" list, that was debunked a while ago.

NeonZ

Gunloc said:
If you are talking about that early "leak" list, that was debunked a while ago.

Yes, I mean the one that was posted here early on several times, that featured Zero and Tron Bonne without any Megaman at all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just wanna post here to see the reactions of the people who never played TvC and suddenly downplay that game for the controls. :D

It kinda reflects how many people never played other fighting games. :p

GatorBait

I've never played TvC, and I consider myself a relatively casual MvC2 player (having picked it up for the first time when the PSN version was released).

I thought the controller scheme in MvC2 was simple and pretty intuitive. You have a light and hard punch, light and hard kick, and a button for each of your assists. Hit two buttons at the same time to switch characters or perform a 3-person hyper combo. Basic fighting game joystick motions + button press for all other moves. Easy and intuitive combo system (light before strong, punch before kick). Basically 4-buttons per character confined into a relatively easy to grasp system. The timing to pull off air combos and to cancel combos into regular moves or super moves takes a little practice to execute, but I felt it was minimal. 20-minutes of practice mode and I was easily pulling off ground combos to air combos cancelled into special attacks or supers.

It's tough for me to think of a controller scheme that could be simpler than MvC2, yet still retain a decent amount of flexibility. However, I hear that TvC has a 3-button attack system, and that MvC3 is basically confirmed to use this. Could someone familiar with both MvC2 and TvC give me a run-down on TvC's control scheme, its pros and cons, and how it materially differs from MvC2?

Top Bottom