• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
Erased 01

MAN YES. I am currently too busy watching Natsume's Book of Friends to fully explore my brain to figure out exactly why I liked this first episode so much, but I liked this first episode so much. The MC's antisocial/introverted attitude, as has been mentioned, is spot-on. I especially like that he's functional in society (i.e. not a shut-in NEET), he just doesn't really want anything to do with it. Like, you know, a real person.

On top of that, it just felt really good, like they nailed every element. I don't think there's a single thing I didn't like about it, besides the fact that now I have to wait for episode two. Gosh I sure hope it has a solid conclusive story. I know the manga's way longer (and still going?) than a single cour's worth (which I assume is all this is getting?).

Okay maybe I had more time than I thought.

Anyway Natusume's Book of Friends (21) continues to be charming and touching and I want a pet Nyanko-sensei for my birthday, please. Currently watching his interactions with a mermaid. It's weird how NICE Natsume is, haha. This mermaid lady tried to choke him to death the night before, and he apologizes for punching her in the face later on. Ain't the first time something like this has happened, and won't be the last, I'm sure. Okay back to the episode we go!

JCG

Don't know whats worse, people who thought the TTGL thing wouldn't be Pachinko or people who actually want a TTGL continuation.

It wouldn't be a brilliant idea, but a continuation could still be decent.

Just hard to pull off without angering and/or disappointing people.

Watching Garo CM and Korra reminded me that just because something can be given a sequel doesn't mean it should.

Instead of trying to continue Gurren Lagann, why not try to make, wait for it, a new mecha series?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Watching Garo CM and Korra reminded me that just because something can be given a sequel doesn't mean it should.

Instead of trying to continue Gurren Lagann, why not try to make, wait for it, a new mecha series?
banner_432.jpg

Erased 01

MAN YES. I am currently too busy watching Natsume's Book of Friends to fully explore my brain to figure out exactly why I liked this first episode so much, but I liked this first episode so much. The MC's antisocial/introverted attitude, as has been mentioned, is spot-on. I especially like that he's functional in society (i.e. not a shut-in NEET), he just doesn't really want anything to do with it. Like, you know, a real person.

On top of that, it just felt really good, like they nailed every element. I don't think there's a single thing I didn't like about it, besides the fact that now I have to wait for episode two. Gosh I sure hope it has a solid conclusive story. I know the manga's way longer (and still going?) than a single cour's worth (which I assume is all this is getting?).

Okay maybe I had more time than I thought.

Anyway Natusume's Book of Friends (21) continues to be charming and touching and I want a pet Nyanko-sensei for my birthday, please. Currently watching his interactions with a mermaid. It's weird how NICE Natsume is, haha. This mermaid lady tried to choke him to death the night before, and he apologizes for punching her in the face later on. Ain't the first time something like this has happened, and won't be the last, I'm sure. Okay back to the episode we go!

There are 34 chapters translated so far but about 40 chapters worth.

So either they're going to cut off at some point or go anime original route. Either way 1 cour is given since there isn't many chapters out. I just hope they don't screw up the anime, but with my shitty luck I don't know.

Russ T

Banned
Russ listen to me I am a dog person through and through.

And I would sell my soul 3 times over if I could have my own nyanko sensei

I feel you man. He is just great. He is the greatest. I want to hug him right now.

There are 34 chapters translated so far but about 40 chapters worth.

So either they're going to cut off at some point or go anime original route. Either way 1 cour is given since there isn't many chapters out. I just hope they don't screw up the anime, but with my shitty luck I don't know.

Sounds about how I expected. I hope it goes well.

Russ T

Banned
I see no one's claimed Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't get picked up for streaming, given the fact that it's a period piece with very strong ties to Japanese history, etc. Little room for outside appeal, like action, or ridiculous comedy.

But I'll be sad if CR doesn't announce it before their whole announcement phase is over. ):

Haly

The choice of studio for March Comes in Like a Lion could perhaps have been anticipated if people were aware of the (rather cute) endcard Chica Umino drew for Monogatari Second Season:

Art like this is actually enhanced now that you know Nadeko's true character.
Or you could just, y'know, watch the movie that has the stuff in it that you're interested in.

If he's just interested in those animators he can "watch" it on sakuga.yshi

I see no one's claimed Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't get picked up for streaming, given the fact that it's a period piece with very strong ties to Japanese history, etc. Little room for outside appeal, like action, or ridiculous comedy.

But I'll be sad if CR doesn't announce it before their whole announcement phase is over. ):

Crunchyroll puts bids in for everything, so they'd better get it.

Russ T

Banned
I thought Nisemonogatari was fine. It wasn't my favorite, by any stretch, but it is part of the Monogatari franchise. It'd be weird to just never watch it.

Crunchyroll puts bids in for everything, so they'd better get it.

Yeah I'm hoping. I'm more concerned with the other side of things, although I don't really know how that usually goes, I suppose.

I might have a bunch of Nyanko-sensei memorabilia... >_______>

Natsume's Book of Friends is the only show I've found has a comparable relaxed and easy atmosphere like Mushishi. Great great show.

So is Symphogear worth finishing? I watched the first season a few months back. I just haven't gotten around to it. I thought the first season was pretty good. I'm just not sure if its worth finishing

Russ T

Banned
I might have a bunch of Nyanko-sensei memorabilia... >_______>

Natsume's Book of Friends is the only show I've found has a comparable relaxed and easy atmosphere like Mushishi. Great great show.

Yeah, that was my immediate reaction. Mushishi's possibly my favorite anime, precisely because of its atmosphere and pacing and meandering flow. Natsume definitely gives a similar vibe, although much more light-hearted and fun, and sometimes a bit goofy.

I'm quite happy with my choice to watch it on a whim out of nowhere.

Just T

Myriad Colors Phantom World- 1

This was a fun first episode for the most part. Visuals were pretty good, as expected of KyoAni, especially the 16-bit style in the beginning, cool. None of the characters really left that strong of an impression but their powers are interesting. The phantom designs are also neat. I’ll check out the next episode.

Also "I'll explain what Phantoms are. It's common knowledge, but I'll explain anyway." There had to be a better way to implement that line lol.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying with this.

Are you saying that they should remake Gurren Lagann like they did with Evangelion? Retell it?

Does anyone want Gurren Lagann to be remade though?
I think Gurren Lagann is perfect as it is.

Haly

Also "I'll explain what Phantoms are. It's common knowledge, but I'll explain anyway." There had to be a better way to implement that line lol.

Are you Russ' younger brother?

Are you saying that they should remake Gurren Lagann like they did with Evangelion? Retell it?

I'm not sure what I was saying actually but I was just reminded of EVA and it's endless sequels.

There are people in this world "dropping" Phantom World after the first episode, but singing praises for Active Raid.

I'm just over here drowning in my own vomit.

Starting this year out strong by writing a paper on KyoAni's development pipeline. Since this first paper decides to foundation of what we'll be studying for the rest of the class, I've basically signed up to study KyoAni for the next 5 months. EZ.

Didn't Gurren have movie remakes though?

There are people in this world "dropping" Phantom World after the first episode, but singing praises for Active Raid.

I'm just over here drowning in my own vomit.

Maybe BOTH ARE BAD

Apparently Gen'ichirou Abe, Genki Matsumoto, Ryo Imamura, Cedric Herole, Yasuomi Umetsu, Kou & Yoh Yoshinari all worked on Kizumonogatari part 1

+ Mahiro Maeda, Yuya Gesshi, Yoshio Kosakai. Christ. A lot are from separate tweets/2ch posts, so it seems legit.

Russ T

Banned
They did, they were awesome, and we don't need more. I seriously don't think they can top what they did in the second movie.

Oh wow, really? I always just assumed they were the series repackaged.

Maybe I should watch those instead of rewatching the series like I sort of want to do.

Oh wow, really? I always just assumed they were the series repackaged.

Maybe I should watch those instead of rewatching the series like I sort of want to do.

The second movie is worth watching for the new scenes in the finale. They managed to go beyond the TV series and its pretty spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom