• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman review embargo lifts 1 day before release

Boem

My birthday is coming up, and because it's a weekday it'll just be my girlfriend and me - we'll save the party for the weekend. I asked her to surprise me with whatever it is she wants to do that day.

Over the last couple of days, she asked me three times already if I want to see Wonder Woman. She hasn't seen the other recent DC movies, and I think she mostly just likes the idea of WW. I didn't like the other DCU at all, and I'm definitely tired of superhero movies in general. I haven't told her that quite so harshly because there's a chance she already bought tickets, and I don't want her to be bummed about it (and I don't mind watching a bad movie in the end really).

So, is there a chance this really turns out to be good? I never know how to interpret those early one sentence twitter reactions.

My birthday is coming up, and because it's a weekday it'll just be my girlfriend and me - we'll save the party for the weekend. I asked her to surprise me with whatever it is she wants to do that day.

Over the last couple of days, she asked me three times already if I want to see Wonder Woman. She hasn't seen the other recent DC movies, and I think she mostly just likes the idea of WW. I didn't like the other DCU at all, and I'm definitely tired of superhero movies in general. I haven't told her that quite so harshly because there's a chance she already bought tickets, and I don't want her to be bummed about it (and I don't mind watching a bad movie in the end really).

So, is there a chance this really turns out to be good? I never know how to interpret those early one sentence twitter reactions.

These are critics, not the DC fanboys that were giving BvS it's early buzz. I'd consider this stuff much more trustworthy and worth taking seriously. The fact that Warner just moved up the review embargo, and thus wants people to see reviews sooner than later, is another strong indication that they feel this won't join the 27% club, lmao.

fwiw I don't think an early or late embargo means much. But there are fan screenings tonight and again Monday/Tuesday. Plus the embargo for social media reactions is up. So why not lift them.

Did they really move it up or did they just... set a date.

Last I'd heard, they hadn't actually said there was an embargo at all, much less pinned a date down.

So far as I can tell, this is the first date WB has set for posting of reviews.

Did they really move it up or did they just... set a date.

Last I'd heard, they hadn't actually said there was an embargo at all, much less pinned a date down.

So far as I can tell, this is the first date WB has set for posting of reviews.
https://twitter.com/rejects/status/867404587329871872

He at least makes it sound like WB had set it for the 31st (or I guess, some date beyond Monday) and then decided to move it up.

Theorry

WW holding the faith of future female hero movies. :p

Wonder-Woman-Tank-Poster.jpg

Top Bottom