• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox 360 internet problems

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I switched on my 360 last night to download that assault XBLA game, but it wouldn't log me into live.

I checked the connection and its failing on the IP address section - saying no gateway response. the 'link' light is showing green, but the ack light is dim

I tried a different ethernet cable, and tried wiring it directly into my router instead of the switch it was in, but still no joy. I also have my PS3 and wii connected via a Wireless access point into the same switch and they were fine.

any suggestions? What else can I try to make sure my network is OK- is my ethernet socket dead? Hope not because my 360 is a launch one so its exactly 10 days outside its 12 month warranty :/

choc_cake

Banned
mrklaw said:
I switched on my 360 last night to download that assault XBLA game, but it wouldn't log me into live.

I checked the connection and its failing on the IP address section - saying no gateway response. the 'link' light is showing green, but the ack light is dim

I tried a different ethernet cable, and tried wiring it directly into my router instead of the switch it was in, but still no joy. I also have my PS3 and wii connected via a Wireless access point into the same switch and they were fine.

any suggestions? What else can I try to make sure my network is OK- is my ethernet socket dead? Hope not because my 360 is a launch one so its exactly 10 days outside its 12 month warranty :/

Unplug your cable modem, unplug your router, turn off your 360.

Wait a few minutes
Plugin your cable modem first
make sure the sync light stops flashing
turn on your router
wait a few seconds
turn on your 360.

If this does not work, plug your 360 into your cable modem directly and power off both the cable modem and then the 360. Then plugin the cable modem first and wait until it is synced and then plug in the 360 directly to it and see what happens.

Last night Live was a complete disaster (see my piquant State-related thread). Someone mentioned some kind of crazy Pac Norfwest storm shit. It might be all better now. Everything was cleared up for me by like 11:30 EST last night.

joelseph

Your ISP could have a device limit, take the PS3 offline ;) Follow Choc_cake's rich and creamy directions and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom