Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

Dec 9, 2007
6,752
1
0
Dark Octave said:
Don't know if it's still going but X-men was like 200msp. I think it's normally like 800msp.

Shoot yourself if you missed that one.
It's over. I am indeed shooting myself for missing it. I hate the one-day sales. I cannot be on Xbox Live and/or GAF every damn day of my life to know this shit. Would love to have scored it for 200 msp. Not paying 10 bucks for it.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,180
0
0
28
New Jersey
soundcloud.com
Defender's shown up on XBLA again. Look through titles starting with D. I don't have enough points though. Anyone want to see if it's possible to buy? None of the other Midway games have gone back up. This might be some sort of mistake so if you've ever wanted to play Defender on 360, this might be your only chance!
 
Oct 26, 2006
5,510
0
0
Tomasooie said:
Defender's shown up on XBLA again. Look through titles starting with D. I don't have enough points though. Anyone want to see if it's possible to buy? None of the other Midway games have gone back up. This might be some sort of mistake so if you've ever wanted to play Defender on 360, this might be your only chance!
I went head and bought it. Even if I think the game is not worth 400 MS points I could not resist the chance of buying a delisted XBLA game.

I bought it through the xbox.com page, it showed on the search. And only the full game, not the trial.

Yes, I just logged on my 360 and the game download and played.
 
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Shard said:
Already down to 3 Torchlight Codes, 4 Islands of Wakfu Codes, and still got all the Full House Poker codes.
I'll take a poker code if I'm not way too late?

EDIT: I indeed was waay to late.
 
Dec 5, 2005
12,212
0
0
France
Browsing my XBLA games today, I was reminded I own TotemBall (I've downloaded it for free on the marketplace, probably because of a price mistake).

I was happy to finally be able to try the game since I now have a Kinect but the game hasn't been updated to work with Kinect. : (
 

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
May 18, 2009
10,875
0
810
www.sabworks.com
Princess Skittles said:
Per Cave's Facebook.

・NIN2-JUMP will be released in April for 400 MSP on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
・All proceeds from sale of the game from release until the end of June will be donated to relief efforts.
Cool, thanks for the info!

I think they're trying to secure the points I'll have left over after getting Clash of Heroes...

What a great price for such a game, too, and a great way to give to an important cause.

Here's the Trailer incase anyone missed it the first time!
 
Dec 17, 2007
2,244
100
865
Wonder of wonders, the oldest XBox 360 Arcade game that has never been available to download is now available to download!

Hexic HD can now be downloaded for free. Previously, it was only ever available on XBox 360 hard drives. If you deleted it or owned an Arcade, you were out of luck!

Hexic HD
 
May 27, 2010
3,510
0
0
Nyx said:
Bought Pacman DX CE yesterday.

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T

(Why didn't I buy this earlier)

Awesome game.
Welcome to the winning team! Pop buy the official thread and talk about your experiences.. I'm trying my best to keep that thread alive but it's difficult since I bought the game so late as well!
 
Princess Skittles said:
Per Cave's Facebook.

・NIN2-JUMP will be released in April for 400 MSP on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
・All proceeds from sale of the game from release until the end of June will be donated to relief efforts.
Cheers for the tip, I posted a news story about this on XBLAFans and gave you the credit for the heads up.

I hadn't actually heard of the game till this, looks interesting and for that price and cause I'll definitely pick it up.
 
Jan 13, 2008
38,635
0
0
Netherlands
Princess Skittles said:
Per Cave's Facebook.

・NIN2-JUMP will be released in April for 400 MSP on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
・All proceeds from sale of the game from release until the end of June will be donated to relief efforts.
I would have gladly paid 1200 points for the relief. Much respect to Cave for doing this!
 
Sep 3, 2006
900
0
0
28
Does anyone by chance have a code for a 30 day or 48 hour trial gold membership?

I dont have an xbox myself, but i have to make a XNA game for school, it's got online multiplayer, so to test it i need a gold membership (in addittion to the app hub account)

But i don't have a creditcard and don't want to pay for a membership i'm only gonna use today and tomorrow for testing on a xbox at school.
 
Mar 4, 2008
21,379
0
0
ShapeGSX said:
Wonder of wonders, the oldest XBox 360 Arcade game that has never been available to download is now available to download!

Hexic HD can now be downloaded for free. Previously, it was only ever available on XBox 360 hard drives. If you deleted it or owned an Arcade, you were out of luck!

Hexic HD
Oh man, I always wondered why MS didn't have it up there.

Its like, an age or something has ended.
 
Kawaii said:
Does anyone by chance have a code for a 30 day or 48 hour trial gold membership?

I dont have an xbox myself, but i have to make a XNA game for school, it's got online multiplayer, so to test it i need a gold membership (in addittion to the app hub account)

But i don't have a creditcard and don't want to pay for a membership i'm only gonna use today and tomorrow for testing on a xbox at school.
I might have one. I shall have a look for ya.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
Online FPS Game Section 8: Prejudice Will Hit XBLA On April 20
http://news.mmosite.com/content/201..._prejudice_will_launch_xbla_on_april_20.shtml

I am exactly sure that April will be a big month for FPS game fans. TimeGate Studios announced that its Section 8: Prejudice would hit Xbox Live Arcade on April 20.



Differed from other FPS existing modes, Section8: Prejudice can make gamers a first-person stabber. You can hit the characters as a stabber



You might ask what's new about Seciton8: Prejudice? It will feature online multiplayer modes with up to 32 players, as well as a four-player cooperative mode called Swarm.



The game also makes concessions to offline gamers with a five-hour single-player campaign and full bot support, ensuring all the game modes can be experienced without going online. Besides, you must pay $15 for this awesome game.
 
May 27, 2010
3,510
0
0
Ronabo said:
Yeah whatever happened to the Pinball Hall of Fame: Gottlieb collection that was announced for XBLA?
That is the game I am thinking of... it was supposed to come out in January.

plus there were supposed to be 2 new tables in Pinball FX2 that had a date of March that never appeared.

I wanna knock some balls around! <---just an awesome sentence.
 

Kweh

Member
Jun 14, 2004
2,226
0
0
I couldn't find a general Xbox Live Arcade thread.

I have been having some strange oddities lately with XBLA, mainly with gamerpics. I download them for free, but they don't appear in my list to select from when I go to change my pic.

Also, I've been trying to unlock the two gamerpics in the original Doom where you have to complete a level with 100% kills, and another level on Nightmare, done both, but nope, no gamer pic unlocked.

The same with UMK3, won 10 ranked games online, but no picture unlocked.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
Well now, hot on the heels of last week's code give away, we get to play the lightning round as I have 5 codes for The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile in my pocket here ready and waiting to give to lucky members of the populace here. Now, given that I have a fraction of the codes this time around, we are going to change things up a little. The first five people who post in here wanting a code shall get one.