• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

Shard said:
Well now, hot on the heels of last week's code give away, we get to play the lightning round as I have 5 codes for The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile in my pocket here ready and waiting to give to lucky members of the populace here. Now, given that I have a fraction of the codes this time around, we are going to change things up a little. The first five people who post in here wanting a code shall get one.

Yes please!

bender

What time is it?
Shard said:
Well now, hot on the heels of last week's code give away, we get to play the lightning round as I have 5 codes for The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile in my pocket here ready and waiting to give to lucky members of the populace here. Now, given that I have a fraction of the codes this time around, we are going to change things up a little. The first five people who post in here wanting a code shall get one.

I'll take one if they are still available. :)

ShogunX

Shard said:

Me please!

Edit - Ahh shit missed out by one.

Shard said:
Please?

Kafel

Banned
Deadliest Warrior: Legends announced for July.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-07-deadliest-warrior-legends-announced

The sequel will feature all-new warriors, new fighting options, a more precise projectile system, more arenas and a new campaign mode.

Ology claims that there'll be twice as many fighters as before, with new combatants including William Wallace and Shaka Zulu.

I've bought the first game last week for cheap and had a fun couple of hours.

Kafel

Banned
soultron said:
Is it true that Bushido Blade fans will really dig it? I've kind of been on the fence. Haven't really even had time to download the trial.

Not really. It's a very basic and unprecise game.

It was worth 200 points though.

Shurs

soultron said:
Is it true that Bushido Blade fans will really dig it? I've kind of been on the fence. Haven't really even had time to download the trial.

Set it up online right now and all you'll have to do is turn on your Xbox to start the download.

I don't if it's on sale or was a permanent price drop but Spare Parts is down to 400pts. It got bad reviews, but it seemed pretty like a pretty decent platformer from what I played of it.

Somebody tell the guy who made The Dishwasher (Noogy?) that he needs to also enable the D-pad.

I usually don't like playing 2D games with the stick and the D-pad isn't being used at all, so why not just enable it as well.

Other than that, the game is very cool.

RedStep

soultron said:

Yes, in the sense that the matches can be drawn out or very short. You can kill your opponent off the starting line with a lucky spear throw. As mentioned, "lucky" is the key word.

It's not worth $60, but it was a steal at $2.50 or whatever it was at last week.

OuterWorldVoice said:
What's a nice, mellow XBLA title with lots of flying and exploration? I kind of want a Pilotwings vibe.

Undergarden is mellow swimming exploration.

Also on Xbox Indies there's AvaGlide. Pretty much what you want exactly.

Edit: Ha, even linked to the same youtube video

Dark Octave said:
Somebody tell the guy who made The Dishwasher (Noogy?) that he needs to also enable the D-pad.

I usually don't like playing 2D games with the stick and the D-pad isn't being used at all, so why not just enable it as well.
no d-pad?

that like goes against the grain man.

Aspiring

Anyone know the next deal of the week? I have 1200 points but don't want to blow them in case something great comes up. EDIT: anyone also know if battlefield 1043 is offline multiplayer? I had a great time with the trial but refuse to buy something that's online only.

jgkspsx

Family Fry said:
Yar's Revenge is also out this week, 800points.
I feel bad for these guys. I think it's a horrible, horrible idea, but they seem to believe in it. A decent Sin & Punishment clone would be cool, but I don't see what it has to do with poor little Yar. I guess I'll wait for reviews.

Noogy

Dark Octave said:

Other than that, the game is very cool.

I didn't work on Vampire Smiles (James Silva pretty much did it all himself), but I can't remember if the D-pad was actually assigned to something. Quick items/weapons, perhaps?

However, as a developer of a 2D game myself, I am including dpad support. I personally prefer playing all my 2D games with the thumbstick (it's even what I use for PC emulators), but I know a lot of people prefer the dpad.

Aspiring said:
Anyone know the next deal of the week? I have 1200 points but don't want to blow them in case something great comes up. EDIT: anyone also know if battlefield 1043 is offline multiplayer? I had a great time with the trial but refuse to buy something that's online only.

Online only. Still active. 600pts.

jgkspsx said:
I feel bad for these guys. I think it's a horrible, horrible idea, but they seem to believe in it. A decent Sin & Punishment clone would be cool, but I don't see what it has to do with poor little Yar. I guess I'll wait for reviews.

Isn't it a remake of the 2600 game? Looks pretty good to me.

Aspiring

LocoMrPollock said:
Online only. Still active. 600pts.

Figured it would be. I had a blast in the trial. Such an amazing game and the 600 point price is sooo tempting, but i just ant stand the though of EA switching of the servers and than thats it, an never play it anymore. I love playing all my old games and the fact that in the future i could not play it means i just wont buy it, no matter how much i enjoyed it.

Thanks anyway man!

LocoMrPollock said:
Isn't it a remake of the 2600 game? Looks pretty good to me.

It's a rail shooter, not related to the 2600 game in any way beyond the name and backstory.

It looks like it might be alright. Read it's pretty short with little replay value though.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Noogy said:
I personally prefer playing all my 2D games with the thumbstick (it's even what I use for PC emulators), but I know a lot of people prefer the dpad.

I thought I was the only one!

Top Bottom