• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X hands on previews are live

Smoke6

Seems like MS, besides the pre-orders, is doing everything else right with this gen's launch, while Sony is shooting themselves in the foot by keeping everything closer to the chest, and not divulging much information with less than 2 months to go before launch, which can be quite frustrating for the average consumers.
Yeah I guess you can say that but they have proven that no matter how you feel, any trickle of info they give stays in the headlines and gains mindshare more than their competition!

So for instance, all this news is fine and dandy but when they release the Kracken, shits gonna get real!

But yeah, this bickering is getting old but it’s gotten is thru the pandemic though I can say that much!

There's no bickering here. I'm a fan of both next-gen systems. I just wish Sony would release more info to the public, and send more preview units out at this point in time less than 2 months before launch. I don't care whether Sony's action is reactionary to MS or not at this point. Sony just need to react...do something.

Is it true that games built with Velocity Architecture will load faster because they will only load minimum textures and then stream textures throughout the game? That's why the loading times today were not that impressive, all these games are loading 100% textures up front.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Is it true that games built with Velocity Architecture will load faster because they will only load minimum textures and then stream textures throughout the game? That's why the loading times today were not that impressive, all these games are loading 100% textures up front.
It's true that none of the BC games use any of the new hardware essentially. They are emulated. They don't just magically get the benefits of things that the game engine were never designed for unless it can be done through software, which things like the velocity architecture can't.

Yes, essentially BC games are just 'brute forcing' the texture loading and get somewhat faster loading times because the SSD is 40x faster then the HDD. But if VA can generally mean 5 second loading screens, that would be revolutionary.

We‘ve seen nothing confirmed running on XSX. Look, you can retreat into console warring bullshit if you like, but I’m as critical of Sony’s recent shortcomings as XBox’s.
If you think the whole... "Oh no, so concerned we haven't seen anything on the new XBox" isn't a form of console warring you are fooling yourself. It's an attempt at passive aggressive warring with you the same as it was with the other 15 people who said the same thing on the first few pages. MS isn't going to release a new xbox that won't run next gen games. I'd bet we see plenty before it releases, just like we'll see hands on with the PS5.

MarcCppDev

Neo Member
As a Playstation owner for almost 20 years.....

I know almost everything of Xbox Series S and X, and now previews of its console are live and its an impressive console

I still don't have all the information about PS5.

You starting to pissing me off Jim
Exactly ! The fact that we even cant see the UI/System software is turning into a red flag at this stage. This is coming fr software engineer

FunkMiller

If you think the whole... "Oh no, so concerned we haven't seen anything on the new XBox" isn't a form of console warring you are fooling yourself. It's an attempt at passive aggressive warring with you the same as it was with the other 15 people who said the same thing on the first few pages. MS isn't going to release a new xbox that won't run next gen games. I'd bet we see plenty before it releases, just like we'll see hands on with the PS5.

Jesus Christ, you folks are so predictable. So I’m allowed to criticise the way Sony is handling its launch, but if I do it with Xbox, I’m console warring? Give your head a fucking wobble, chief.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Is there a size guide in horizontal orientation out there? Not the first person to mention this, but mentally flipping it and adding the stand doesn't seem to add up to that height

Not yet we only have the photos to go off that where leaked with the measurement ruler, I would say less than an inch inbetween them. I'm very interested to see but when people finally get hands on.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is this for real? C'mon now I thought every game will be playable. They already said thousands of games will be playable at launch.

C'mon for the love of God I want to trade-in my X!
But I saw some videos with FH3 and Halo5...weird that they are MS games.

Reactions: TLZ
Is this for real? C'mon now I thought every game will be playable. They already said thousands of games will be playable at launch.

Yes, but not in that special preview for those blogger / youtubers and news outlets.
They also didn't need to buy any of those games. The license was just there.
It's not the retail experience.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

acm2000

im assuming those first party games will get series x patches, and so thats what the console OS is looking for/expecting and thus wont run yet since the patches arent out?

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, you folks are so predictable. So I’m allowed to criticise the way Sony is handling its launch, but if I do it with Xbox, I’m console warring? Give your head a fucking wobble, chief.
Alright.... Chief. Everyone of these impressions of the new xbox say they are under NDA and can only talk about backwards compatibility, loading times, and quick resume. These are the only things that they can talk about. Guys like you come on here and cry wolf that MS hasn't shown any new games running and because of this you are worried about the state of the new Xbox. MS has sent out units to individuals to evaluate and anybody with an ounce of COMMON SENSE would be able to reason that they will eventually be able to talk about next gen games. Also people with common sense can deduct that MS isn't going to release a next gen console that won't run next gen games. They delayed their biggest franchise to make improvements. If they were having problems they would've delayed the hardware prior to announcement and reasonably blamed CoVid.

I have absolutely no issue with people criticizing the fact that MS hasn't shown any next gen games, just like I don't have issues with people being critical of Sony for keeping everything so secretive. Just get some new material. My issue lies in the fact that the people doing these hands on videos specifically say they can only talk about 3 specific things. And what is predictable is you and 10 other people throw out the same dumb ass "concern" about the new Xbox not having shown new games. This is no different then somebody going into a Demon's Soul thread and saying how "concerned" they are because nobody has had hands on with the PS5, so it must be vaporware. So concerned...

We get it ... Chief.... The Xbox hasn't shown footage of new games running on it. Noted... Again. They will eventually. The console comes out in 2 months and they have been trickling information out steadily. Just like the PS5 will eventually end up in the hands of reviewers and we will all see games being played on both instead of videos of games supposedly being played on both.

Dogman

Why is everyone so impatient? Sony will inevitably release videos of the system in action. It honestly does not matter if its now or 3 weeks from now. Stop asking for everything now and let them do their thing. People were acting exactly the same after the Xbox third party showcase, saying Sony was hiding for a reason, and then they came out and shut everyones mouth.

Children on this site i swear

anaphase

Why is everyone so impatient? Sony will inevitably release videos of the system in action. It honestly does not matter if its now or 3 weeks from now. Stop asking for everything now and let them do their thing. People were acting exactly the same after the Xbox third party showcase, saying Sony was hiding for a reason, and then they came out and shut everyones mouth.

Children on this site i swear

Ok yeah, but we need fuel for the console wars. This ain't a game son. Oorah!

giphy.gif

Leyasu

Banned
Facts are facts. Has nothing to do with feelings.
What, fast warps on RC. Even demons souls remake (is it demons souls) is not much more than a shinier current gen game.

The games tha will come in 2 yrs will piss all over them

Top Bottom