• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting before launch

Daffy Duck

What in the world do you want the man to say to a simple twitter question?

We're assuming he even knows the context behind the question.

His answer is fine, maybe I'm probably picking up too much on the responses here as if it's some amazing response to the banning of an Xbox console by MS. When the reality is it's nothing of the sort.

Should have probably explained myself better in my original post.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick these guys are to respond to clever PR opportunities. Yoshida must be browsing GAF on his phone all the time so he can quickly make funny twitter quips at breaking news or some shit
@yosp gives @KazHiraiCEO a run for his money.

teiresias

Problem solved. All the useless speculation and 1000 pages of hate can now stop.

Nelson works out plenty of one-off unbannings that don't affect MS's overall philosophy on how they deal with issues like this. It changes nothing at the corporate culture level that he's frantically trying to keep a horrible bit of PR from spinning even more out of control, and the problems at the corporate-culture level are really what are burning MS and the Xbone right now.

The bothurt in this thread over a one word answer to a straightforward question on Twitter is just hilarious.

A true warrior knows how to pick their battles! What are you guys even upset about here?

Welp Goku's power level sure isn't over 9000.

He got banned.

But what does the scouter say about his salt level? :p

K' Dash

So you would prefer the person continue to have his console banned? If a community person can resolve it so the person can keep using his Xbox, so much the better. You can still continue bitching at Microsoft.

They shouldn't have banned the console in the first place.

MS bans a guy that was hyping their new console... bringing the attention off of Sony... MS answer... Ban that fools console! Sony answer play the console and enjoy.

Major Nelson to banned console person... Ok I'll un-ban your XBO if you don't say anything until 11/22 the paper work is in the mail... sign and send back.

Just to play Devils Advocate

What MS was totally crap, but the tweet does mention Europe, why on earth would Sony ban someone from showing off the console early in Europe, it is already out in US, and there will be floods of videos..

The question is wrong, it should of been based on US release date

Thank you!! I think we are sometimes too quick to heap praise on Shu and Sony. Admittedly it's nice but there is no reason to ban anyone since the co comes would already be out in NA. The bone on the otherhand comes out everywhere at once so there will be elements of the console people won't know beforehand. Granted the MS's ban was a bit heavy handed considering they were getting good positive PR from that guy. Better than the hamfisted attempts they have done so far...

D-e-f-

Banned
kazHirai_contro_DonMattrick.gif

Would be funnier if Mattrick was still with MS and Kaz was actually still involved with the PS division.

LCfiner

Well, of course they won’t. it’s such a simple thing to NOT ban someone for connecting and playing a system when legally purchased form a store. It’s only in comparison to MS’s tone deaf ban-happy responses to these scenarios that Sony’s common sense response comes across as altruistic

Rich!

because its complete bs

Why is it bullshit?

Please, continue to list things that Yoshida has said that turned out to be bullshit. Go on. You'll struggle - there's not a single thing. Compare that to the bullshit Major Nelson and Penello have spouted, of which I could go on about for absolute days.

Thorgal

As in Stringer?

Kutaragi was CEO of SCE, not Sony as a whole. Technically it's Kutaragi => Hirai => House. Kutaragi was "kicked upstairs" shortly after the PS3 launch, and rightly so considering how much of a disaster the system was. I was just taking the pre-PS3 and current people.

Oh i see .

I always thought Kutaragi was head of Sony With Kaz as CEO of SCE.

Then again i wasn't paying much attention at the time who was CEO or director of what at Sony .

Howard Stringer was the first one of who i really knew to be Sony's CEO.

Just so everyone's clear yosp didn't say anything funny or witty, he just responded to a question on whether or not Sony would ban if street fate was broken with , "no."

Tapiozona

Banned
Junior, to me it sounds like you have the inside info pertaining to this. Perhaps I should ask Bish or another mod to check out your credentials because another insider would be an asset here.

If you know the rules so well do you think it's respectful to talk like that to him?

Junior, to me...
Really? You sound like a wonderful person and a real asset to the community.

Averon

Just so everyone's clear yosp didn't say anything funny or witty, he just responded to a question on whether or not Sony would ban if street fate was broken with , "no."

MS's PR is so horrible that simple yes/no answers from Sony is praised.

What does that say about MS when that's the case?

Rich!

If you know the rules so well do you think it's respectful to talk like that to him?

Junior, to me...
Really? You sound like a wonderful person and a real asset to the community.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with referring to him as a junior. That's literally stating the facts.

He has junior member written under his username, as such he can be referred to as one. I was called a junior member when I was a junior and I didn't give a shit - because it was true.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I really hope the dude gets unbanned and the person who done the banning loses their job. Fucking assholes.

Given that's been MS' response to anyone doing anything early on the 360, the ban was hardly surprising.

He has junior member written under his username, as such he can be referred to as one. I was called a junior member when I was a junior and I didn't give a shit - because it was true.
It's always been tacky.

How is it bs?

sony got there network brought down for over a month because of a bad decision , people have put them on such a pedestal , its going to be a long crash to the ground when it happens . not that i claim ms is any better . confusing a good pr campaign with actual altruism is big mistake .

Top Bottom