• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting before launch

Let's get one thing clear, the tweet only addresses if you get the system early. That's all. He didn't elaborate about uploading videos and what is allowed and what isn't allowed (because nobody directly asked him yet).

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260

You may not upload, post, stream, access, or otherwise transmit any content that you know or should have known to be infringing, or that violates, any third party rights, any law or regulation, or contractual or fiduciary obligations.

Raist

Banned
because its complete bs

He's right on the money. I got a PS4 early and now they banned me. I can't even take pictures to show you that I've got one early and I'm banned from PSN because they'd ban me even more.

Someone's been knocking on my door for 5 minutes now. He's wearing black clothes and his face is veiled. I think he has a katana. I'm kinda scared.

Help me fel

dugdug

Banned
This is great, but, to be fair, would Shu be in charge of this kinda thing, if it happens?

Like, wouldn't the network team see it first and make the call whether or not to ban him, before it even gets to Shu's attention?

Pure speculation, here, I should say.

legacyzero

Banned
There's absolutely nothing wrong with referring to him as a junior. That's literally stating the facts.

He has junior member written under his username, as such he can be referred to as one. I was called a junior member when I was a junior and I didn't give a shit - because it was true.

I've heard Gaffers that raz junior members get junior'd themselves, though. I just wouldn't.

Rich!

sony got there network brought down for over a month because of a bad decision , people have put them on such a pedestal , its going to be a long crash to the ground when it happens . not that i claim ms is any better . confusing a good pr campaign with actual altruism is big mistake .

I've read through this eight times and I still don't understand a word of it.

Junior, to me it sounds like you have the inside info pertaining to this. Perhaps I should ask Bish or another mod to check out your credentials because another insider would be an asset here.

Don't do this, trust me.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with referring to him as a junior. That's literally stating the facts.

He has junior member written under his username, as such he can be referred to as one. I was called a junior member when I was a junior and I didn't give a shit - because it was true.

Keep believing that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Why would they? They know everyone is hyped for the Basedstation 4.

Let's get one thing clear, the tweet only addresses if you get the system early. That's all. He didn't elaborate about uploading videos and what is allowed and what isn't allowed (because nobody directly asked him yet).

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/1260

You may not upload, post, stream, access, or otherwise transmit any content that you know or should have known to be infringing, or that violates, any third party rights, any law or regulation, or contractual or fiduciary obligations.
I don't see anyone asking that, that's not why the Xbox one was banned.

sony got there network brought down for over a month because of a bad decision , people have put them on such a pedestal , its going to be a long crash to the ground when it happens . not that i claim ms is any better . confusing a good pr campaign with actual altruism is big mistake .

What does any of that have to do with Yoshida answer? He was asked if people would be banned if they went online before the 29th and he said no. Nothing you said shows that what he was saying is BS.

Tapiozona

Banned

That's not the point. He literally is a Jr. but it's being used in a disrespectful and condescending day.

"Woman, go do this"...well she IS a woman, right.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
sony's "precision strikes" are like what i imagine how it was when hit girl got a shot of adrenaline in kick-ass 2.

xelloss12

Heh. When you can't actually answer the actual question, talk about something else instead. Classic fox news debate tactics.

Majmun

network brought down.....bad decision....a pedestal.......crash to the ground...altruism

WTF are you talking about? lol
What does that all have to do with the tweet?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I'm not saying altruism is a pedestal but networks are a bad decision, especially when they crash into bullshit.

.... what?

If Sony doesn't run away with next gen race something is wrong with gamers they are doing everything right...

I expect a PS2 blowout..MS and Ninty will launch new system in 4-5 years...

network brought down.....bad decision....a pedestal.......crash to the ground...altruism

WTF are you talking about? lol
What does that all have to do with the tweet?

when there's a story about sony 's machine not playing music , then there a tweet from ms say we do , its the same thing its twitter dick measuring , and apparently allot of people on thiis board are going in for a close look .

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260

I don't really think posting un-boxings or pictures and impressions of user interfaces would amount to any of that.

Wow, you're the biggest jerk I've come across here.

jett

D-Member
It's funny that just when I think Microsoft is turning their ship around, they manage to fire another cannonball into it themselves.

What a boneheaded move.

Mmm yes, quite.

He's right on the money. I got a PS4 early and now they banned me. I can't even take pictures to show you that I've got one early and I'm banned from PSN because they'd ban me even more.

Someone's been knocking on my door for 5 minutes now. He's wearing black clothes and his face is veiled. I think he has a katana. I'm kinda scared.

Help me fel

OMG!! It's Shu's personal ninjas!!! Run!!

You actually had me there for a sec...

And the whole junior thing, when calling someone that, especially if you're arguing with them, it has clear negative connotations.

Twinduct

when there's a story about sony 's machine not playing music , then there a tweet from ms say we do , its the same thing its twitter dick measuring , and apparently allot of people on thiis board are going in for a close look .

It's like you are posting from the future where this topic moved away from a single tweet and some debate between warriors started.

This thread is about saying no to a question. What does any of this have to do with that?

Jesus dude... If you're gonna hold a completely different opinion to everyone else at least phrase it so other people understand it instead of just blabbering on about random events

jett

D-Member

Looking at your string posts, I see you are mad salty over a simple "no". The network was down because of hackers, possible because Sony made the decision to make a semi-open console, in favor of their consumers. Regardless, PSN going down was awesome for me. Sony gave everyone free games because of it, and if you had multiple regional accounts, you could get even more. And guess what? Sony didn't ban anyone that took advantage of that.

Majmun

@bleedsoe9mm no

No but if you show video of games that are under strict embargos it could lead to something.

Why? The public did not sign any NDAs.

Unless you are saying it is somehow part of the TOS in which case, good luck MS supporters. Apparently they have the power to ram it up your ass if you want to spend your money with them.

PaNaMa

Banned
I just sent major nelson a trolly tweet about this, and tagged yosp.

Microsoft really is making this too easy. What's funny is the goodwill and positive PR coming out of the Sony camp has almost nothing to do with Sony, or any special tactic. It's just corporate culture differences, where people are left shaking their heads every time they hear how Microsoft is handling something vs how Sony handles it.

io734RtyZirXV.gif

This is great

I just sent major nelson a trolly tweet about this, and tagged yosp.

Microsoft really is making this too easy. What's funny is the goodwill and positive PR coming out of the Sony camp has almost nothing to do with Sony, or any special tactic. It's just corporate culture differences, where people are left shaking their heads every time they hear how Microsoft is handling something vs how Sony handles it.

...Why?

Major is on this; he's been trying to contact the guy but he's not responding/probably sleeping, naturally.

Come on man. Don't roll this way

Top Bottom