• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting before launch

DieH@rd

Banned
getps4_2.gif

i-Lo

That's not the point. He literally is a Jr. but it's being used in a disrespectful and condescending day.

"Woman, go do this"...well she IS a woman, right.

Talk about false equivalency. When I first joined, I got called junior quite a few times. And if you really want to know about my character, why not ask the mods, instead of being so presumptuous?

When someone talks like they have insider information, it's time to put up or shut up. It's that simple. Bish has vetted people who have made claims like that in the past and not all passed muster. It's not some opinion being thrown around in the ether rather claims of functionality and the rest of the members have full right to ask a "Junior" member, ergo, a new member about whom we know nothing about for some proof.

Ark

I take back everything I said in the other thread. Now if Amazon would "accidentally" ship me my console early..

No but if you show video of games that are under strict embargos it could lead to something.
I don't understand where this embargo thing is coming from; it's in the other thread too.

As a consumer you aren't under any embargo.

If you somehow legally received COD: Ghosts online prior to release and review/presss embargo, you could post whatever you want about it.

Playing on the system before launch =/= leaking information on the internet
It's not really a leak though is it, in any normal usage of the word. These systems are out in the wild, they've been made and they're in warehouses. It just so happened one got shipped out by mistake. This isn't like Julian Assange level stuff here.

I don't understand where this embargo thing is coming from; it's in the other thread too.

As a consumer you aren't under any embargo.

If you somehow legally received COD: Ghosts online prior to release and review/presss embargo, you could post whatever you want about it.

Once you signed into the Playstation Network (or XBox Live) you automatically agree to the terms of use. Hopefully Major Nelson can shine some light as to why that persons system was red-flagged (which he has said is not going to be a perma-ban).

Once you signed into the Playstation Network (or XBox Live) you automatically agree to the terms of use. Hopefully Major Nelson can shine some light as to why that persons system was red-flagged (which he has said is not going to be a perma-ban).
What on earth does the terms of service of their online networks have to do with press embargoes on information?

Embargoes, as far as I know, often aren't even contractual arrangements. They are adhered to by media due to the potential to lose access to future information.

They have nothing to do with the current situation.

Playing on the system before launch =/= leaking information on the internet

Playing the console UI and games and storefront as intended isn't "leaking information", the Xbox is not the freaking NSA. The dashboard is not the script to the newest Tarantino film. Call of Duty is already out.

hohoXD123

It's not really a leak though is it, in any normal usage of the word. These systems are out in the wild, they've been made and they're in warehouses. It just so happened one got shipped out by mistake. This isn't like Julian Assange level stuff here.

He's revealing information which MS has decided to keep private and away from the general public for the time being.

Playing the console UI and games and storefront as intended isn't "leaking information", the Xbox is not the freaking NSA. The dashboard is not the script to the newest Tarantino film. Call of Duty is already out.
If through doing so he is presenting to the public information which MS hasn't revealed already and wanted to keep private for now then he is leaking information.

MaulerX

But posting pics of how many people are playing any given game is sorta leaking information. Considering the only people playing are internal Microsoft beta testers.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
He's revealing information which MS has decided to keep private and away from the general public for the time being.

He didn't do anything wrong. He got his xbox all legal. No crime committed. There shouldn't be any punishment for it.

He would have no way of knowing about an embargo, because he didn't sign an NDA.

The ban comes across as coming from a bunch of robots.

But posting pics of how many people are playing any given game is sorta leaking information. Considering the only people playing are internal Microsoft beta testers.

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

hohoXD123

He didn't do anything wrong. He got his xbox all legal. No crime committed. There shouldn't be any punishment for it.

I agree, whether MS was right to ban him or not is a different argument entirely. I'm just saying that the question that yosp is replying to and the situation with what MS did are completely different.

He would have no way of knowing about an embargo, because he didn't sign an NDA.

The ban comes across as coming from a bunch of robots.

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

Even if he was clueless about embargoes, he would still be leaking information albeit unknowingly. Again, whether MS was right to ban him or not is a different matter.

The guy uploaded video to YouTube and was signed into his account while doing so. Regardless, it will not be a permaban.
I'm really confused as to what you're talking about now. :/

You went from posting a passage from the PSN ToS that wouldn't have been violated.
To saying that what he did would violate press embargoes.
To saying that by signing onto PSN you agree to their ToS, which has nothing to do with press embargoes.
To saying that he uploaded a video while signed into his Live account - as if that's supposed to either violate a ToS or press embargo, not that the latter applies to a consumer anyway?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
People defending the ban remind me of the cop defenders when there is obvious police brutality. Of course not as serious, but I can't help but notice the similarity.

meppi

One of the reasons I've been coming back around on Sony this past year.
They certainly seem to have learned a lot from this past gen, cast aside the arrogance which they used to revel in and simply do the right thing and have the right people in the right places.

Hope it stays this way.

sony got there network brought down for over a month because of a bad decision , people have put them on such a pedestal , its going to be a long crash to the ground when it happens . not that i claim ms is any better . confusing a good pr campaign with actual altruism is big mistake .
How is this crap relevant? Their network being brought down by external sources has exactly nothing to do with this situation. Also, they have everyone games to make up for it, so at least they tried. I don't remember getting much of anything from MS when Live went down (though obviously it never went down for such a long time). Seems like you might be a bit salty, friend.

But I digress. Good on Sony for being clear about this.

Edit: Aaaand he's gone. Guess that's that. Onward, thread!

Top Bottom