• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Final Fantasy game?

ronito said:
Missed that post, my mistake.

Beezy said:
IMO. I don't understand all the hate for them, especially VIII.
The game was great, personally I didn't like the magic system, specifically drawing magic from enemies. And it was a pain in the ass to get specific materials for certain weapons, almost impossible without a player's guide to locate some of them. However I do think VIII had the best ending out of all of them.

Sanjuro

Duderz said:
ff6logo.jpg

Really shouldn't be an argument here.

Between VI and VII there is an arguement. Both immersed you into a world like never before. All the games before and after didn't do it to their magnitude. But I'm not going to argue with you for liking one game over the other. Both are amazing.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
I'll take Final Fantasy VI with IV as a close runner-up.

Here's how I'd rank the ones I've played:

1. FF VI
2. FF IV
3. FF IX
4. FF VII
5. FF X
6. FF VIII
7. FF
8. FF X-2 (a very distant 8th, mind you)

THAT'S IT! THAT'S THE LIST!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
seeing FFVI being mentioned a lot here, fills me with joy.

Square forget about FFVII. remake FFVI! with fuck awesome graphics, a fully orchestrated sountrack, scrap the GBA version and do the damn game justice!

Dr. Strangelove

Error2k4 said:
seeing FFVI being mentioned a lot here, fills me with joy.

Square forget about FFVII. remake FFVI! with fuck awesome graphics, a fully orchestrated sountrack, scrap the GBA and do the damn game justice!

Hear, hear! That would be so fuckin' awesome.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
FFII, or since we're apparently using the original designations, FFIV. It remains one of my all-time favorite games, one that I can actually return to again and again; every aspect is amazing.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Dr. Strangelove said:
Hear, hear! That would be so fuckin' awesome.
Could you imagine the scene with the floating island falling apart done with graphics even like FFX? I mean, really.... that'd be so awesome. Or when they enter the lab and see what Kefka's been doing to all the espers. Damnnn :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
whytemyke said:
Could you imagine the scene with the floating island falling apart done with graphics even like FFX? I mean, really.... that'd be so awesome. Or when they enter the lab and see what Kefka's been doing to all the espers. Damnnn :D
couple that with a fully orchestrated soundtrack going into the overworld with a fullblown ochestrated version of Terra :O

hell imagine the opera scene with next-gen graphics!

Beezy

Benadryl Hitman said:
The game was great, personally I didn't like the magic system, specifically drawing magic from enemies. And it was a pain in the ass to get specific materials for certain weapons, almost impossible without a player's guide to locate some of them. However I do think VIII had the best ending out of all of them.

Yeah, but you didn't have to make them. I don't remember making much weapons in FF8.

Out of the ones I have completed:
1. FFVI
2. FFVII
3. FFX
4. FFIX
5. FFVIII

I actually like 6 and 7 almost equally, but i'd like to see a FFVI remake more.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Error2k4 said:
couple that with a fully orchestrated soundtrack going into the overworld with a fullblown ochestrated version of Terra :O

hell imagine the opera scene with next-gen graphics!

See, this remaking thing actually doesn't appeal much to me. I always had a problem likening the Amano versions of the characters to their in-game SD counterparts. They're cool seperately, but I prefer to leave my nostalgia alone and enjoy things in the Munchkinesque way I remember it.

I lost touch with the whole series when it took on a more anime-influenced look anyway, so that'd be my biggest concern of seeing the earlier titles reimagined.

Dr. Strangelove

Hotarubi said:
See, this remaking thing actually doesn't appeal much to me. I always had a problem likening the Amano versions of the characters to their in-game SD counterparts. They're cool seperately, but I prefer to leave my nostalgia alone and enjoy things in the Munchkinesque way I remember it.

I lost touch with the whole series when it took on a more anime-influenced look anyway, so that'd be my biggest concern of seeing the earlier titles reimagined.

If a remake of VI were to retain Amano's designs the results could be absolutely stunning.

Mick Z

Normally i would say VII, but i recently started playing VIII again and i'm really enjoying it... Junction (L)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Diablos said:
FF6 is probably the best out of all the 16-bit FF's, but that isn't saying much IMO.

It is if you believe the "8-16 bit" FFs are better than the later ones.

Red Scarlet

Faves (no problem replaying whenever): 1,4 <-FFT too if it counts
Easy to replay (aka good): 2,5,6,9,10 (int)
Don't play too often (aka ok/don't like too much): 3,7,8, X-2

8 is my favorite overall. 10 is a close second for the awesome battle system and story which I thoroughly dig. 4 is shaping up to be something hot but, I got stuck. Theme of Love. Palom & Porom. :O

metropolis said:
mystic quest was the only one i ever had fun with. i guess it's because i don't like real RPGs. haha

hehe I actually beat mystic quest too

.....if you count using cure a couple of times on final boss winning :lol

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Final Fantasy V
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Final Fantasy X
6. Final Fantasy VIII
7. Final Fantasy VII

Can't remember how good FFI, FFII and FFIII are.

Red Scarlet

There was one part where you had to go back to some cave from way early in the game, and I didn't think about it or did not see when the game told you to go back there (some waterfall cave and you had to use a bomb or something), so I was walking around for a couple hours.

I found some levelling 'bug' in it that kind of helps, but gf rejected it awhile ago.

Bodom78

For me it was FF8, FF7 is a close second but the art and style of FF8 was more my taste.

I have not played FF6 but am quite keen to give it a go.

uncdeez

FFVI with FFIV and FFVII not too far behind.

FFIX and FFX were pretty good but not enough to crack my top 3.
I loved FF1 when I was six.
FFX-2 was no good.
FFVIII should've been aborted.

I've never played FFII, III, V, or XI.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
There needs to be some way to remind folks that the Euro MYSTIC QUEST is what the USA knows as the Game Boy "Final Fantasy Adventure"... and not the atrocity that was the USA's "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest."

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
No contest for me personally.

ff35dn.jpg

Best cast, best music, best villain, best ending.

Shunsui

Final Fantasy VI (III in the US)
Last one on Snes...

Everything to be the greatest, and so much nostalgia... :'(

Dr. Strangelove said:
I'll take Final Fantasy VI with IV as a close runner-up.

Here's how I'd rank the ones I've played:

1. FF VI
2. FF IV
3. FF IX
4. FF VII
5. FF X
6. FF VIII
7. FF
8. FF X-2 (a very distant 8th, mind you)

THAT'S IT! THAT'S THE LIST!

This list is the only correct answer (Exactly how I'd rank them).

I haven't actually played X-2 mind you. But I'd imagine that's where it lives on the list.

Top Bottom