• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3/360) - Release date, details, screenshots, etc

Sutanreyu

I'm a little disappointed with the texture quality, but I'm really surprised that they actually put in higher res video for the anime bits. :eek:

wwm0nkey

Speaking of these HD ports, what happened to releasing the MGS' solo? I just want PW, but alas.

I am pretty sure that is still planned, they just dont know when they are going to do it. I know Peace Walker would sell like crazy if it was a $15 solo game on PSN/XBLA

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Speaking of these HD ports, what happened to releasing the MGS' solo? I just want PW, but alas.
Was this ever confirmed to happen outside Japan? The MGS2/MGS3 bundle were always a separate release from PW over there.

- I was wrong about the platforms, it's only coming out on PS3 and 360 in October. I see no Vita announcement at all. Lol.

pic_ps3_pp.jpg

I'm not seeing any Transfarring logo... Just what it seems the usual CERO rating.

What CG cutscenes? Maybe my memory is bad but I recall that ZoE and ZoE2 were all realtime cutscenes + anime FMVs.

They had CG for ZoE 1.

StuBurns

Banned
Was this ever confirmed to happen outside Japan? The MGS2/MGS3 bundle were always a separate release from PW over there.
Well, they did announce they would be downloadable on PSN/XBL, maybe that meant as the three bundled, but I assumed it meant individually.

Konosuke

It's looking great. Hopefully they can implement AA before the release date. Also, pre-emptive whining about the stupid Classics HD cover. Damn you SCEE, and you're stupid marketing decisions.

wwm0nkey

Well, they did announce they would be downloadable on PSN/XBL, maybe that meant as the three bundled, but I assumed it meant individually.

They did mean individually, they really just had no time frame of when. Might be some weird XBL or PSN policy holding them back.

duckroll

I'm not seeing any Transfarring logo...

You're right. There is no mention of Transfarring anywhere on the site either, and no mention of a Vita release. Worrying for Vita fans.

They had CG for ZoE 1.

Oh they did? I honestly can't remember. We haven't seen many screens from ZoE1 at all though, the focus is all on ZoE2, so I guess we'll have to wait for E3.

Defunkled

Oh man, those screens look glorious. Getting to play these games in 720p and 60 FPS would make my middle school-self lose his mind. Thanks for the updates, duckroll!

Tunic

This is great news! Day one for me, I am pretty excited to play ZoE2 since I never got around to it back in the day and with this release it will be perfect.

Slermy

They need to enable mipmapping or the game will be aliasing mess, some AA would be nice as well.

This is the first thing I noticed. It would make a huge difference.

Also, glad to see they're re-releasing the Anubis OST. It's so good. I already own a copy from back in the day, but more people should have the opportunity to buy it.

I'm a little disappointed with the texture quality, but I'm really surprised that they actually put in higher res video for the anime bits. :eek:
They are two PS2 games filled with action that rely heavily on tons of transparencies and post-processing effects not textures. In fact they seem to aim to have a clean, stylized look when it comes to texturing and shading which works great for the series.

What disappoints me is the poor image quality, something that could have suited these games nicely. 60fps on the other hand is fantastic news.

man I really want the vita version to come out on the same day as the PS3 version, releasing them separately like that is just tempting me to double dip on both version :(

Ridley327

They could definitely do with some AA, but being 720p and 60 fps is more important.

I'm still amused at them not showing a single shot of ZOE1's CG. They were sooooooooo bad in 2001 and I imagine age hasn't improved them one bit.

Z3M0G

Oh they did? I honestly can't remember. We haven't seen many screens from ZoE1 at all though, the focus is all on ZoE2, so I guess we'll have to wait for E3.

The ZoE1 FMVs are going to look really bad compared to the rest of the package... there's a reason they are focusing on ZoE2 here.

AlStrong

Shame they couldn't be bothered to add in some FXAA, though.

I don't know how close they are to the 16.67ms limit or how good the porting was done, but FXAA would be an extra millisecond or so. I also don't really see the 360's tiling being much of an issue for this game at least, but who knows...

Sallokin

Man I really can't wait for this. I really hope they release that limited edition in the states, I also really want that metal cell phone case that Kojima has been showing on his twitter. Just take my money, Kojima.

Ridley327

The ZoE1 FMVs are going to look really bad compared to the rest of the package... there's a reason they are focusing on ZoE2 here.

It's been my secret hope since this was announced that they silently replaced the FMV for ZOE1 with something else. Even title cards announcing what's going on in those cutscenes would be an improvement.

Akainu

Seems like my memory is just fine. Those scenes were horrible. If they were in game they might of had a excuse. I hope they redo those.

Top Bottom