• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what would happen if Final Fantasy XV became exclusive again. That would surely cause meltdowns.

Some but I dont think it would effect much and not really worth investing in for Sony.

Xbox has never had a userbase that buys much JRPG's. Which was a shame because they easily had the best section of them last generation.

FF15 is going to sell a magnitude better on PS4 by default. If anything I can see MS getting a Co marketing / DLC deal for that or Kingdom Hearts. Not that it will change much. MS had the marketing for FFXIII.

viveks86

Could they pull off something like an HD collection like we saw with God of War? And not do a full remaster like TLOU?

That would technically be more likely, but TLOU:R has already set a bar and if their games fall short of that, it will be criticized endlessly as a rushed money grab. So I don't see that happening either. I could be wrong though... Companies release rushed money grabs all the time! :D

Toad.T

Banned
Guys, it is not Chrono. It... It just isn't. It's most likely some other semi-obscure game that'll get a sequel, like The Third Birthday or something. Hell, if it does turn out to be Chrono related by any miracle, you can ban this account. Yeah, ban bets are risky, but these are essentially 1/1000000000000000000000000 odds.

Other than that, though, what other juicy rumors have sprung up? I need something to wet my whistle.

A new Chrono game would be something.

Actually, it would be the ultimate IP of the genre.

Does it match the implied hype on here or what?

I can't imagine it pissing others off, if it's exclusive though.

That would technically be more likely, but TLOU:R has already set a bar and if their games fall short of that, it will be criticized endlessly as a rushed money grab. So I don't see that happening either. I could be wrong though... Companies release rushed money grabs all the time! :D
I see. Well I hope they can pull something off but if not I can wipe the dust off my PS3:)

I've been tempted to play through 2 and 3 again since its been a while but I keep holding out with the hopes of a remaster.... :(

Pennywise

I don't believe Chrono Break is happening one bit, unfortunately...

It hurts to say that because Chrono is LITERALLY my favorite Square IP of all time.

1. Yasunori Mitsuda basically said Chrono isn't profitable.

2. Sakaguchi is likely going to make Terra Battle for consoles for his next game before he does anything else.
I know, that's why I made the comment at the end.
Sakaguchi is concentrating on Terra Battle.

I wonder what would happen if Final Fantasy XV became exclusive again. That would surely cause meltdowns.

Come on bird, you know that's not going to happen :p

I wonder what failures could happen ?

Elder Scrolls OST is playing, no trailer visible and you see a Skyrim HD collection or a Fallout HD collection.
Would be similar to the FF14 "online" moment :D

Allthough I would most likely get both, as it was a pain to play them on the PS3.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Guys, it is not Chrono. It... It just isn't. It's most likely some other semi-obscure game that'll get a sequel, like The Third Birthday or something. Hell, if it does turn out to be Chrono related by any miracle, you can ban this account. Yeah, ban bets are risky, but these are essentially 1/1000000000000000000000000 odds.

Other than that, though, what other juicy rumors have sprung up? I need something to wet my whistle.

477.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
I miss the old school teasers who would put really obscure hints in their posts that only the most eagle eyed people would notice and that would largely go unmarked by anyone in a topic. Then when the news was announced, they'd quote their old post and it'd make it so obviously now what they were hinting at and everyone would go "haha oh damn that shit was like right out in the open and nobody noticed."

They don't make teasers like they used to. Hide in plain sight my friends >:)

StuBurns

Banned
Who is it known by, and have they kinda sorta confirmed it?
Barlog's pretty much confirmed it. I'm on my phone so I can't find the tweets, but someone asked him to take care of the franchise and he said he would. There's another stuff too.

Jaffe's just taking the piss. We know he shopped his game around, which he can only do if he owns the IP.

Amir0x

Banned
He ain't makin' God of War, but I'd love for them to bring back his original concept for the series. PLZ bring other God mythologies into the mix. Hindu Gods next please, or Egyptian, or fuggin' Norse. I'd love to go fight YHWH but they can't do that Judeo Christian annihilation in such a high profile product, reserved strictly for Shin Megami Tensei titles ;P

We know he shopped his game around, which he can only do if he owns the IP.

Not really, you can shop around your game concept, but funding it may result in IP forfeit depending on the publisher.

And given how Sony's giving it front-and-center tease on their YT channel, it's highly suspect Sony's the publisher.

StuBurns

Banned
Not really, you can shop around your game concept, but funding it may result in IP forfeit depending on the publisher.

And given how Sony's giving it front-and-center tease on their YT channel, it's highly suspect Sony's the publisher.
What are you talking about? How is that related at all? He isn't making GoW, he was joking.

What are you talking about? How is that related at all? He isn't making GoW, he was joking.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to Jaffe's new game that's going to be announced next week.

Because he's made it known that he shopped around for publishers for said game.

Wow so close yet so far.

I can't wait to see that Uncharted 4 teaser. I don't even want to see too much. Just announce a remastered trilogy with all the modern gen bells and whistles with 1.04 UC2 MP and I can wait for UC4 with no problem.

Oh and make sure it works day one.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
.... somebody asked Barlog to take care of GoW on twitter and he said "I will"....

Barlog's pretty much confirmed it. I'm on my phone so I can't find the tweets, but someone asked him to take care of the franchise and he said he would. There's another stuff too.

Jaffe's just taking the piss. We know he shopped his game around, which he can only do if he owns the IP.

I'll accept defeat.

For the best though, GoW2 is better than 1.

Edit: cause it had skeletons from Jason and the argonauts and I like that.

Astarte

Changed my avatar to have a PS1 shoved in my mouth, I am ready for those PS1/PS2 classics on PS4!

PS2 classics from the PSN store are going to be directly put onto the PS4 and they'll keep their input lag from being on the PS3. Fightsticks will not be supported and all hope will be lost.

viveks86

He ain't makin' God of War, but I'd love for them to bring back his original concept for the series. PLZ bring other God mythologies into the mix. Hindu Gods next please, or Egyptian, or fuggin' Norse. I'd love to go fight YHWH but they can't do that Judeo Christian annihilation in such a high profile product, reserved strictly for Shin Megami Tensei titles ;P

Hindu Gods ain't happening either. Indians are pretty sensitive about religion. Silicon valley will get shutdown in non violent protest :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Some but I dont think it would effect much and not really worth investing in for Sony.

Xbox has never had a userbase that buys much JRPG's. Which was a shame because they easily had the best section of them last generation.

FF15 is going to sell a magnitude better on PS4 by default. If anything I can see MS getting a Co marketing / DLC deal for that or Kingdom Hearts. Not that it will change much. MS had the marketing for FFXIII.

Verendus already said SCE has marketing plans for XV and KH.

Amir0x

Banned
Hindu Gods ain't happening either. Indians are pretty sensitive about religion. Silicon valley will get shutdown in non violent protest :p

There's already been games with Hindu Gods in it before and that were violent, like Asura's Wrath and Smite.

And Hindu Gods can be deliciously violent and rich in lore. Lots of wars in that mythology. It'd have nuts visualization, there's some absolutely bonkers concepts in Hindu mythology.

I think they'd get away with it in most countries, actually, other than ones that were predominately Hindu in faith.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that no faith deserves any more special respect than any other subject, so I might be underestimating a reaction. There were a few minor articles about Asura's Wrath depiction of Hindu Gods, so who knows if a high profile series like God of War did it...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tomb Raider 2 was always multiplatform. MS basically swooped in after they failed to win June NPDs and flashed some money around. SE are the ones who took it.

Squire

Banned
Interesting. Hope we hear something about that relatively soon.

Probably not, since neither game releases relatively soon.

All it's going to mean in the end is hardware bundles and commercials that end with "Greatness Awaits™!", anyway

There's nothing exciting about marketing deals for anyone other than shareholders and brand loyalists.

AllenWinss

Neo Member
Changed my avatar to have a PS1 shoved in my mouth, I am ready for those PS1/PS2 classics on PS4!

You're going to need a ps4 for that which you don't have...

Btw mom says you need to go buy milk.

Personally can't wait for Ratchet and Clank remake... Let preteen memories commence...

DNAbro

All it's going to mean in the end is hardware bundles and commercials that end with "Greatness Awaits™!", anyway

There's nothing exciting about marketing deals for anyone other than shareholders and brand loyalists.

Well Type-0 releases in March. It just makes hope that we might hear some stuff about FFXV and KH sooner than we think.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'm excited for the Japan exclusive branded hardware, personally.

Squire

Banned
Well Type-0 releases in March. It just makes hope that we might hear some stuff about FFXV and KH sooner than we think.

Honestly, everything you're hearing about FFXV currently is most relevant to the demo, since that's what coming.

KH I just wouldn't hold my breath for. They don't even have their technology straight yet.

I'm excited for the Japan exclusive branded hardware, personally.

I can't believe you import those! XD

Amir0x

Banned
Edit: How well did Deus Ex end up doing across all platforms? I never did follow its numbers, but outside of the way they handled the ending sequences it was quite good

I really wish Metal Slime PS4 would come to America. I'd sell my Destiny PS4 in a second. A second!

Would be a nice sub point to Dragon Quest XI PS4, bringin' that in a special limited edition to the states

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I really wish Metal Slime PS4 would come to America. I'd sell my Destiny PS4 in a second. A second!

Would be a nice sub point to Dragon Quest XI PS4, bringin' that in a special limited edition to the states

Yeah I want that one too but not $600 want.

viveks86

There's already been games with Hindu Gods in it before and that were violent, like Asura's Wrath and Smite.

And Hindu Gods can be deliciously violent and rich in lore. Lots of wars in that mythology. It'd have nuts visualization, there's some absolutely bonkers concepts in Hindu mythology.

I think they'd get away with it in most countries, actually, other than ones that were predominately Hindu in faith.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that no faith deserves any more special respect than any other subject, so I might be underestimating a reaction. There were a few minor articles about Asura's Wrath depiction of Hindu Gods, so who knows if a high profile series like God of War did it...

God of war is way too high profile. I've seen geopolitical crises situations over much smaller things back in India. I don't think SSM will go for any prevailing widely practiced religion. Not worth the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom