• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 Dungeon and Wildlife videos.

Flarin

I think we'll find out when the release date is at E3 this year. Big, exciting demo at Sony's press conference and end it with the release date. I'm still holding out hope that Episode Duscae will end with revealing the release date, but that might be wishful thinking at this point.

I think we'll find out when the release date is at E3 this year. Big, exciting demo at Sony's press conference and end it with the release date. I'm still holding out hope that Episode Duscae will end with revealing the release date, but that might be wishful thinking at this point.

Get ready for that trailer closing "2016"!

I don't see an actual release "date" happening until after E3.

Depending on what comes out in early 2016, it might be a prime window to release XV unopposed. Look at how well Dying Light did. That game would have gotten murdered if it released in Fall. XV is already highly anticipated and releasing it next to nothing would boost sales like crazy. I still say January/ February 2016.

I say March/April 2016, which would be a year after the demo.

Dynasty8

These were my exact same thoughts except I then realized it was probably a level/asset loading scenario for the latter.

But voices are BAAAAD!

This seems like the first FF game that the developers are actually listening to fan feedback/ community criticism.

I'm not gonna judge the voice acting just yet...have to play the demo first...but if it is THAT bad, hopefully we can all change that before it's too late.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This seems like the first FF game that the developers are actually listening to fan feedback/ community criticism.

I'm not gonna judge the voice acting just yet...have to play the demo first...but if it is THAT bad, hopefully we can all change that before it's too late.

They already made two games based entirely off fan feedback: FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

benzy

PSY・S;153820334 said:
Hope we get a glimpse of some of the more fantastical locations in the game at E3.

Been a while since we saw some fantastical set pieces.

tumblr_nbixslymCt1s2wenvo2_500.gif

Who are we kidding, we know it'll end like this
and Tabata will hear our screams of agony from Tokyo

NowInDev_zpstduwtuv1.jpg

Nah, Hashimoto will come on stage and say.. PLease be excited.

They already made two games based entirely off fan feedback: FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

I really hope they don't take TOO much fan feedback though. I feel too much fan intervention is never a good thing.

Let's just hope they reach their goal of dual audio in the final release then. I feel like they fell into to trap of trying to make the English version sound like the Japanese counterpart and that's the absolute wrong way to do any sort of localization.

Heh. I feel the opposite, but then again you already know my stance. I just don't think enough dialogue has been heard from the cast in context to give such a harsh reaction like that.

It's pretty good, yeah.

Unfortunately they took a lot of the difficulty out of the game after people complained about it. But other than that, it's a fantastic game (and there is still some hard stuff I'd reckon, you just have to go out of your way to find them).

Bwahahahaha.

Sorry. I am not laughing at you. Just something at work about difficulty in this game. :p

As someone who's endured Shenmue English dubs (still some of the best games I've ever played), the VA here is like Frank Sinatra compared to other possibilities lol. I don't think I've ever heard "good" English VA in Japanese games besides Metal Gear Solid.

So you haven't played Final Fantasy XII or Nier.

You should fix that.

DeSolos

I don't think we're getting a release date any time soon. At best I think we'll get 3-5 months advance notice.

FF13 only had 3 months notice before it was released.

Ganondorfo

Normally everyone is asking me to extend the music, why would you like to have a short version of it if I may ask?

Ah you are on Gaf also :). You did a great job with this battle theme. 3 hours is long for a battle track haha, if you could extend it to 10 minutes it would be awesome, but its your work, its your right to decide what you do with it :).

Nomura appears from the shadows, unattaches a prop sword from one of his 112,413 buckles and proclaims the game is available right now digitally. #PlotTwist

Nomura proceeds to explain that he has been removed as director of KHIII and has been replaced with Toriyama, so that Nomura can begin work on FFXV DLC called Final Fantasy XV: The Musical.

They might said that, but it always felt like they were just looking a list of Western RPG features and copying them on their own half assed way.

And FFXIV ARR. :3

Yoshida was eager to listen to feedback, but he always stick by his vision.

You should see how the official forums were on the alpha and beta tests, we would had have some kind of frankestein MMO between XI, original XIV and WoW if Yoshida hear a great part of the community.

Geg

I still can't believe Toriyama's inspiration for XIII was Call of Duty. That guy was out of his fucking mind.

I'm currently replaying XIII just to see how my opinion of it has changed over time (and just playing it as the lead-up to Type 0 and the XV demo next month) and I was amazed at just how blatant the COD inspiration was in the first area. That whole section's progression structure reminded me of a linear shooter, just replacing each shooting encounter with an RPG battle

Mory Dunz

Should running be a little faster?

I know it's more realistic, but it's also a video game. Xeno's run and jump is goofy, but it helps you get places I suppose.

Mato

Looks really interesting. The natural environments look a bit pedestrian and under-designed for a fantasy RPG, but I'm sure urban areas will make up for that. Creature design seems excellent.

HatWobble

I hope you'll be able to upgrade all of the basic abilities such as how high you jump, how fast you sprint, how far you can warp, ect.
I think having areas that can only be accessed with a certain abilities would be cool.

GuardianSoul

Neo Member
Ah you are on Gaf also :). You did a great job with this battle theme. 3 hours is long for a battle track haha, if you could extend it to 10 minutes it would be awesome, but its your work, its your right to decide what you do with it :).

Thanks :). Well I usually don't extend or shorten my uploads, but if you're looking for a non-looped version there's always my SoundCloud.

Woah, is Type-0 that long?
I currently have over 100 hours on the PSP version and still have stuff to do... Admittedly with a lot of dicking around, so maybe it's not that much.

But 80 hours or so for sure if you plan on doing the side stuff.

Bwahahahaha.

Sorry. I am not laughing at you. Just something at work about difficulty in this game. :p
No way you can tell us if we can play through the entire game on Impossible now, can you? =P

That would be awesome.
Someone mentioned it before but a lot of fans wanted Yoshida to change the battle system but he didn't budge.
Can we ask Yoshida to teach Tabata... Please?

Flarin

I'm currently replaying XIII just to see how my opinion of it has changed over time (and just playing it as the lead-up to Type 0 and the XV demo next month) and I was amazed at just how blatant the COD inspiration was in the first area. That whole section's progression structure reminded me of a linear shooter, just replacing each shooting encounter with an RPG battle

In all sincerity, I hope he never gets the opportunity to direct another video game again. Tabata looks to be on track to become a premiere game director in the company purely for putting out products superior to the XIII series. Plus, he's so damn likeable. Dat smile.

85185e382ecb7ba14e6a1b3c90b303ca.JPG

Man, those videos were pretty disappointing. Terrible voice acting and the walking animation for Noctis looks so bad. It also looked the combat system doesn't seem to really work in that dungeon. When he did his teleport, the camera went on the fritz and he was blindly attacking.

This was the worst of these demos they've done.

Nomura "Tabata fix my fucking game"

Tabata:"Who are you?"

Nomura:"I'm Lord Nomura!!"

Tabata:"Oh, you have signal in the basement?"

Nomura:"You..., I'm the soul of this company!"

Tabata:"Sorry, I'm to busy working on your dream game, don't you have to do a redesign of Sonico or something? I have real work to do...character illustrator"

Nomura"Now you've done it!...wait...he hang up....can't you believe it Ito?"

Ito:"Sorry, I'm too busy cleaning this place, you couldn't think a basement could get so must dust, right?

Fixed

The alpha and beta forums were awful. Between the people who wanted XI-2 and the people who loved 1.0...yikes.

I just remembered I did this back in those days:

g2JG1bg.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They might said that, but it always felt like they were just looking a list of Western RPG features and copying them on their own half assed way.

Yoshida was eager to listen to feedback, but he always stick by his vision.

You should see how the official forums were on the alpha and beta tests, we would had have some kind of frankestein MMO between XI, original XIV and WoW if Yoshida hear a great part of the community.

The alpha and beta forums were awful. Between the people who wanted XI-2 and the people who loved 1.0...yikes.

Ceravic

Oh my god, it got to a point I stopped going there all together aside from the feedback forums. Every other post being "DEVS FFXIV WILL FAIL UNLESS <insert feature from FFXI> IS BROUGHT BACK".

Ceravic

They do listen! But it's really not that hard. They most likely just have a variable that they tweak for the hitstun duration. Set that number lower, and it's fixed instantly.

Yeah, true that. Still impressive to see something fixed in that short amount of time.

Top Bottom