• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS Leader Sexually Abused American Hostage Kayla Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.

params7

Banned
Fucking hell. These animals are fucking wretched.

The lack of boots on ground from the NATO countries is a complete mystery to me. The one time they'd actually have support from people, they don't want to fucking do it!

The fact that ISIS are operating with American supplied artillery should be a clue. Many of them were part of FSA - the force armed by US and Saudi to fight against Assad in Syria.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Staying behind so those other hostages could go free.

A true hero.

Is there no way the US could give her a medal of bravery? Definitely deserves one IMO.

Dai Kaiju

The question remains, will the American people support going to war with troops on the ground, to take out these Isis bastards?

I doubt it. It really depends on the election though. I think Trump is the only one willing to aggressively take on ISIS. Y The problem with that is it forces people to ask themselves "Which scenario is less scary to me? ISIS continuing to expand and work towards their goal of global domination? Or Donald Trump becoming president and having control of the US military?". If he WERE to win, I think he could easily rally the support of the American people. The deplorable shit ISIS does human beings on a daily basis would get more coverage in the media and wouldn't get drowned out by the death of Cecil the fucking lion.

The other Republicans are too busy trying to figure out how to get away from the stigma of being the party of selfish, religious, bigots who love war. They want to do it without alienating the only people who still vote for them...which means not doing anything.

On the other hand, Hillary and her like are too concerned with maintaining the millennial and minority voters perception that democrats are the "good guys" (keeping republicans the bad guys) and won't want to risk looking pro war. When it comes to ISIS that means not doing anything...or at least very little to the point of it not making a meaningful difference.

TL;DR:
Pick your poison. Trump as president of the US or rise of the Islamic caliphate. At least Trump's people won't force you to watch as your loved ones are savagely executed. Probably.

StayDead

Fucking hell. These animals are fucking wretched.

The lack of boots on ground from the NATO countries is a complete mystery to me. The one time they'd actually have support from people, they don't want to fucking do it!

Boots on the ground is what gave ISIS traction in the first place.

Shredderi

There should be a vigilante assassin in there killing and stringing ISIS fighters up one at a time right there in their camps and bases, sowing unrelenting paranoia and fear among their ranks. Maybe leave some kind of vague clues about a possibility of one of their own being the culprit so they'll get suspicious of each other. I know it's stupid. All this horrible shit just makes me fantasize about stuff like this.

params7

Banned
We can start by not funding anybody in that region and telling Saudi Arabia to stop as well. When the funding stops, weapons stop, then Syria/Iraq finish them off.

Cub3h

Banned
Man, someone is trying to join the top ranks of the most evil people ever. Even Hitler didn't personally kill or rape people.

Baghdadi should be droned to death as soon as possible.

Without international collaboration, defeating ISIS isn't possible.

Humanitarian workers traveling to the region is inviting trouble. It's terrible for one to have suffered this. Inexcusable activities by the terrorist organization.

This sounds like bullshit. Just like the sniper-killing-executioner tale.

One thing that seems to continuously strike me about ISIS is it's cartoonishly evil acts. Destroying artifacts, killing babies, raping hostages, putting out MTV quality recruitment videos. No one seems to have a clear grasp of their demands. It's very Cobra. Very UN-muslim, very unrealistic.

I think this is a very creative mechanism for justifying continued destabilization and base building in the name of resource control.

Now go ahead and tell me how fucking stupid I am PolitiGAF.

AnAngryPillock

Neo Member
This is disgusting. These people are honestly more evil than Hitler/The Nazis. At least the Nazis weren't a bunch of fucking cowards that used civilians as human shields like these assholes.

AnAngryPillock

Neo Member
Something seems off with this post..

I'm not saying Nazis are good, both groups are some of the most evil people to ever walk this planet, but the Nazis never deliberately hid within civilians of another country to avoid being attacked. If that wasn't the case there probably would have already been a ground invasion.

One thing that seems to continuously strike me about ISIS is it's cartoonishly evil acts. Destroying artifacts, killing babies, raping hostages, putting out MTV quality recruitment videos. No one seems to have a clear grasp of their demands. It's very Cobra. Very UN-muslim, very unrealistic.

I think this is a very creative mechanism for justifying continued destabilization and base building in the name of resource control.

Trolling?

AnAngryPillock

Neo Member
It wouldn't help anyway civilians was a legitimate target during WW2 ever heard of total warfare.

Yes I do know what total warfare is. The difference is that a lot of those civilians in Nazi Germany were brain washed to support that regime and its actions. Most of the civilians in the Middle East are not ISIS supporters. Different situations. Not saying that total war was a good thing.

FStubbs

Bill Burr brought up something poignant in a comedic way on his podcast this week.

All of those aforementioned countries somehow managed to take down one of the most brutal regimes this planet has ever seen in Nazi Germany, along with Japan, Italy and whoever the fuck else was on that side and they did it in 5 years.

15 fucking years almost we've been in the Middle East and things are no better, and even worse in some places.

The difference is we didn't go in with the idea of surgically targeting the Nazis and saving the Germans. We went in guns blazing.

And as for Japan, we LITERALLY nuked them.

grumble

The difference is we didn't go in with the idea of surgically targeting the Nazis and saving the Germans. We went in guns blazing.

And as for Japan, we LITERALLY nuked them.

Yep that was total war. Civilians were open season if there was a point to it (not killing them for no reason at all though)!

Dai Kaiju

I don't see what's so unbelievable about this particular story. Young and attractive female aid worker is captured by militants for 2 years. Why does a militant capture a young attractive female aid worker? Rape, ransom, or rape while awaiting ransom.

As for the other thing, what would you have done if on September 10th, 2001, someone told you that the next day 2 passenger planes would be flown into the World Trade Center as part of a coordinated terrorist attack? Would you have dismissed it as being cartoonishly evil? I know I would have. I think a lot of the intelligence community did as well...effectively allowing it to happen. I'm not going to tell you you're stupid because I don't believe that you are but I do you think you might be willfully blind to what ISIS is doing.

So if someone in the West shows any form of comfort with their sexuality, or doesn't act repressed, they call it a " sin" but yet they get to repeatedly rape someone like fucking animals. Disgusting.

Gorger

Nazi-tier evil incarnate. They are one of the few exceptions where I wish I believed in the concept of hell, cause god knows they deserve nothing but eternal fire and brimstone. It's sad we have reached a stage where reading articles like this doesn't surprise you anymore. A complete disgrace to the human race.

When the teenaged Yazidi girl escaped with her sister, she asked Mueller to accompany her, the parents were told, but Kayla refused, worrying that her obvious Western appearance would lead to their capture.
Literally shedded a tear earlier when I read this. She's a goddamn hero. Fuck those savages.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Wow she was pretty much on the complete opposite end of the spectrum of humanity from these ISIS cunts. I really hate these guys.

bomma_man

I don't mean to backseat mod, but don't we have a megathread for all this horrible ISIS news? There's like three ISIS threads on the front page right now. I come to GAF for MCU talk, not a ton of disturbing headlines.

Edit: I'll just PM a mod to ask. Pardon my post.

Sorry to tarnish your marvel forum with something important

I thought rape is forbidden in Islam?
I thought it was well-established that ISIS isn't exactly an example of Islam (as any extremist group is not an example for any religion/ideology).
inb4 people saying that rape is actually allowed in Islam and start citing verses.

slapnuts

Valhelm

contribute something
Boots on the ground is what gave ISIS traction in the first place.

That's a terrible way to characterize the issue, though. American military action obviously allowed ISIS to exist (through the destabilization of Iraq and political excommunication of essentially every Ba'athist), but what allowed ISIS to become the state it is today was the withdrawal of American troops before the Iraqi government was at all capable to handle its internal threats.

The Iraq War was such a horribly selfish action because of the clear disregard for the well-being of the Iraqi government and its people. You can't invade a country and destroy a government without being able to see its political transition all the way through.

Mueller and Abu Bakr were legally married, in accordance to what passes for law in the Islamic State. Pagan slave women (who are not Jewish, Christian, or Muslim) are allowed to be kept as non-marital concubines, and groups like ISIS or Al-Shabaab see this as a scriptural endorsement of gang-rape.

But a lot of ISIS members aren't very familiar with the scripture anyway, and probably rape out of lust and hatred.

The question remains, will the American people support going to war with troops on the ground, to take out these Isis bastards?
What would success look like? Can that success last? How would we achieve it? And how would we avoid causing even more suffering and torment to those on the sidelines?

The moral argument to shut these evil fucks down is clear, its everything else that's problematic.

And whats Saudi Arabia's role in terms of supporting and/or shutting them down?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

True. No other organisation has ever shown cartoonish evil actions such as destroying artefacts and raping young girls. No one would ever attempt to murder a young girl in the name of ideology. And no one has ever committed widespread atrocities in recent history either.

All the evidence about ISIS's actions is clearly fabricated to make them look bad. Right?

Be careful what you ask for...

When has that ever stopped anyone from raping? Seriously, what's with these posts?

That's a terrible way to characterize the issue, though. American military action obviously allowed ISIS to exist (through the destabilization of Iraq and political excommunication of essentially every Ba'athist), but what allowed ISIS to become the state it is today was the withdrawal of American troops before the Iraqi government was at all capable to handle its internal threats.

The Iraq War was such a horribly selfish action because of the clear disregard for the well-being of the Iraqi government and its people. You can't invade a country and destroy a government without being able to see its political transition all the way through.
Ok, so I agree with most of what you said but the removal of the Iraqi government was necessary for the long term purpose of Muslims in the Middle East.

What's the point of a mega-thread then. And someone being raped by ISIS isn't exactly super important news, that's what they do everyday.
Well... as long as they do it everyday I guess we should all go about our business and pay them no mind.

What the fuck am I reading?

Skeyser

Well... as long as they do it everyday I guess we should all go about our business and pay them no mind.

What the fuck am I reading?

I'm just saying that the point of a mega thread is to keep all the news at one place, not to make a new ISIS rape thread everyday.

Mesousa

Banned
The ISIS problem could be solved without putting a single boot on the ground. Nobody has the stomach to pull a Dresden or Tokyo again though so it won't happen.

anaslexy

i read a news item earlier where this girl had written a letter saying she was well and was being treated fairly.

I'm not defending ISIS but this is what the counter terrorism experts are "alleging". Sounds a bit dodgy.

Same was the case with the Australian doctor who went to Syria and called a terrorist for "helping" ISIS. He also wrote a letter saying he wasn't helping ISIS but the women and children at the hospital who were injured in coater all damage.

Zaptruder

Banned

It's basically tribal mentality. Us vs them. We're right and just, and everyone else is corrupt.

Same shit that infects our world, but dialed up to 11, coupled with a weak destabilized state that is unable to effectively quash them back in their initial formation, and now rolled up into a regional powerhouse.

They don't regard anyone else but their own as human... and even then, you're only here temporarily anyway.

Valhelm

contribute something
Ok, so I agree with most of what you said but the removal of the Iraqi government was necessary for the long term purpose of Muslims in the Middle East.

But the ends don't justify the means. And Saddam's removal was so cack-handed that I'm not sure if it did more good than harm. While it certainly helped the majority of Iraqis (Kurds and Shi'ites) in the short term, the rise of Wahhabist militancy (first Al-Qaeda, then ISIS) in the Middle East is leading to the existential peril of these peoples.

Ba'athism is dangerous, but nowhere near so as Wahhabism.

The ISIS problem could be solved without putting a single boot on the ground. Nobody has the stomach to pull a Dresden or Tokyo again though so it won't happen.

I'm not sure if killing hundreds of thousands of people in one instance would solve the issue. Sure, the Islamic State would no longer exist as a polity, but this destruction would be a rallying cry for Wahhabists worldwide. The best way to destroy ISIS is by working with the Iranian, Turkish, Jordanian, and even Syrian factions. If it comes with the dissolution of the (artificial and colonial) states of Syria and Iraq, so be it.

Darknight

This is really disturbing what Im about to post but...what if the US or some country send in HIV infected individuals over to get captured and raped so they catch the virus?

I mean this is me thinking like an idiot but those assholes need to be wiped out from existence. Thought of this from the few that like to "bug" others.

On topic though, this is a sad story. Fuck those assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom