• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kintaro said:
This was cute and I laughed. But, yeah if you want to play SF4 with anyone online after Super comes out, you kind of do have to buy it because no one will be playing vanilla 4 again. =P

Eh, could be like every other old fighter online.

Yeah the quantity may not be there; but every fucktard scrotoscrub will be off playing TEH NU HAWTNESS and the overall pool of available players will get better.

See also SF2HDR after SF4 released; and suddenly all the shit Ken's were replaced by amazing DeeJay or good Ken players! Just as an example. :D

Damodar

So was today's update just DeeJay?

And was is there any announcement of when to expect the next update?

Ibuki! I need to know! :lol

The Take Out Bandit said:
Eh, could be like every other old fighter online.

Yeah the quantity may not be there; but every fucktard scrotoscrub will be off playing TEH NU HAWTNESS and the overall pool of available players will get better.

See also SF2HDR after SF4 released; and suddenly all the shit Ken's were replaced by amazing DeeJay or good Ken players! Just as an example. :D

Ono needs to make Super Street Fighter 4 Decoy then so the same happens with SSF4 :3

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
kensk said:
What this amounts to is Ono-speak for "when it comes out on arcades, you can thank me because i did all this work making our loyal fans happy" when it's being developed for arcades as we speak.

Quoted for truth. There was a portion of an 1up interview when SF4 was first announced where Ono was saying something along the lines of "we know we're developing SF4 for consoles, but what consoles and if it'll come out for arcades we don't know" etc etc.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
n3ss said:
Deejay is the hawt, always smiling :D

2dujr53.jpg
28ji2i1.jpg

AZ Greg

Snapshot King said:
As much as I liked to be bitching at people to stop crying, if the petition really was what got them to reconsider it, that's pretty awesome.

EDIT: But I imagine 2chan going fucking insane helped.

I was only joking about the petition. :lol

Like a lot of people thought, it was probably planned from the beginning and they had probably planned a nice reveal for it. The backlash on 2ch might have forced their hand. But who knows, will wait to hear more.

We should manipulate Oichi into translating that blogspot by pissing him off (again).

And it's funny to see how Destructoid tries so hard to stay relevant and so hard to be funny with their played-out snarkiness.

AZ Greg

Updated translation from 特別な外人 on SRK:

"'Right now, it isn't 100% certain that SSF4 will not get an arcade release. I'd first like to let you know, we've decided not to abandon the [Super] Street Fighter 4 for Arcade. Because we don't want to quench the enormous flame people have for the game, I think we'd like to continue it, but everyone, we need your assistance!'...I know it was written in such a strange and serious way, but we want to make sure everyone (Everyone who plays SSF4 in Arcades, and everyone who plays SSF4 at home) knows that we're putting the finishing touches on something that is fun for everyone! Similar to SF4, because the development staff is working as hard as possible without any compromise creating this game, please wait with hope!"

Damodar said:
Ono needs to make Super Street Fighter 4 Decoy then so the same happens with SSF4 :3

Nah, they just need to release a new Versus game on PS3/Xbox.

That was the great scrub nullifier in arcades. Once that shit was crapped out they all moved on from technical SF to SCOOPS! SCOOPS! HAAGEN-DAAZ! YA SO PRINGLES!!! :lol

gutabo

The Take Out Bandit said:
Nah, they just need to release a new Versus game on PS3/Xbox.

That was the great scrub nullifier in arcades. Once that shit was crapped out they all moved on from technical SF to SCOOPS! SCOOPS! HAAGEN-DAAZ! YA SO PRINGLES!!! :lol
MvC3 BAYBEE!!!

gutabo said:
MvC3 BAYBEE!!!

We've had MvC. Stupid.

DCvMK. God awful.

Can't we just get the fucking obvious - Marvel Vs. DC?!

You don't know how much money that would make!

Plus it would be fun to kick Batman's ass with everybody, FUCK YO PREP TIME N**GA!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well there you go - now people can finally shut up about it - and I say this without even seeing the bitching at SRK, and I KNOW it just has to be worse over there...

Moving on, has anyone translated anything from the scans or the Famitsu site yet? I'm wondering if they've even talked about the new Ultra system yet, because I was so happy to read from the leaks that they'd be 2 per character and non-selectable, but these Roman numerals suggest otherwise...

Oh and yeah, Dee Jay's bottom row of teeth are jacked up - hopefully they fix them before release - can't have one of my new mains like that... :)

Skilotonn said:
Well there you go - now people can finally shut up about it - and I say this without even seeing the bitching at SRK, and I KNOW it just has to be worse over there...

Moving on, has anyone translated anything from the scans or the Famitsu site yet? I'm wondering if they've even talked about the new Ultra system yet, because I was so happy to read from the leaks that they'd be 2 per character and non-selectable, but these Roman numerals suggest otherwise...

Oh and yeah, Dee Jay's bottom row of teeth are jacked up - hopefully they fix them before release - can't have one of my new mains like that... :)

I was looking at the stuff just posted on the famitsu site. It looks like they talk about the new ultra bar since they posted an image of it with some text below... but I haven't found a translation of it yet =/

GrayFoxPL

I'm still worried Cody and Guy might be out.

Rumour said 10. Ono said "8ish". That sounds more like: "We'll try to get up to 8."
Not really confident.

Jenga said:
Am I really the only one who wants to see Cody back in prison uniform?
I always thought it made him stand out...then again I'm sure if not, it'll definitely be an alt costume. course, it just begs the question if cody will be back with chains and throwing dirt and the knife

PicardWtf.jpg

He throws ROCKS. Never make that mistake again sir. I will be maining Cody and his top tier rock throwing skills in SSF4.

Skilotonn said:

The people who gave a shit about not giving a shit fanned the flames, to be honest. :lol

Character talk, I'm disappointed that we didn't find out about the rumored Hakan. At this point, I'm looking forward to newcomers more than any returner.

Totakeke

GrayFoxPL said:
I'm still worried Cody and Guy might be out.

Rumour said 10. Ono said "8ish". That sounds more like: "We'll try to get up to 8."
Not really confident.

There you go.

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
So, I just saw they added Dee Jay's bio to the SSFIV blog site. Does that mean they are going to reveal one character every day until they're all revealed?

I hope they're not going the Super Smash Bros. Brawl route.. for everything including stages... that would be torture.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was looking at the stuff just posted on the famitsu site. It looks like they talk about the new ultra bar since they posted an image of it with some text below... but I haven't found a translation of it yet =/

Yeah, I see that they show a pic of just the Ultra meter, I hope it's not just speculation though...

DryEyeRelief said:
The people who gave a shit about not giving a shit fanned the flames, to be honest. :lol

Character talk, I'm disappointed that we didn't find out about the rumored Hakan. At this point, I'm looking forward to newcomers more than any returner.

I just hope it's over now, to be honest - keep the speculation on the game itself again...

And I want to see the other new character myself, and out of all the other characters I really want to see Dudley, on a lower level, Makoto, Ibuki and Adon, and then much lower than that would be the rest of the Alpha characters - even though I own the games, aside from a few of them, I've never put that much time into the Alpha series...

Previously on Super Street Fighter 4...

First Shots of Dee Jay on Famitsu.com

Dee Jay's Update on the Official Site. I didn't know that Dee Jay was born on Halloween. Does someone wanna read something into that because my mind is working.

The Second Trailer featuring Juri, T. Hawk and Dee Jay was finally added to the site. Did anybody else notice at :51 that the font looks like the one from MGS4.

And the blog for the official site was updated as well. Shouts to Takari over on SRK for giving the gist of what's actually going on.

Takari from SRK said:
First part is about the new char, Deejay. 'Now the SFII cast is complete'

Second part is about the new trailer on the site. 'In motion!'

Third is about their fighting style, like DeeJay likes to talk shit [sousou, korekore!] while Juri is not only a Taekwondo fighter but also uses her left eye. 'Still in progress'

Fourth is about the tweaks on the exsisting 25 chars. Yes they will be tweaked, but the planners are having a very hard time with it. 'We are suffering'

Fifth is the big question, and they know about it, the arcade release. This game is made for consoles first, to offer not only strong opponents but also heated and wonderful fights online. However, the key sentence is ただ、アーケード版の可能性が絶対にないわけではありません。The possibility of SSFIV coming to the Arcade is not 100% out of the question, but 'we' all have to light a candle and make a big fire so Capcom can hear us (or see us). The part highlighted says Capcom won't abandon (vanilla) SFIV on arcades. (but the opposite might just happen) 'Arcade release is not out of the question'

Sixth part urges those arcade players to go for the console version, as it will DEFINITELY be fun. 'It will have the same impact as when SFIV was released'

Seventh part about the next update, nostalgic stories about SFII and backstories about SFIV. 'Plenty of interesting stuff'

A lot to take in this short span but damn is it all good though.

This thread is huge and the OP doesn't have what I need: Is it DLC, or standalone full price?

I'm glad I didn't fork out for it. I knew this would happen. :lol

And.. MAKOTO AND DUDLEY FUCK YEAH!

tahrikmili said:
This thread is huge and the OP doesn't have what I need: Is it DLC, or standalone full price?

I'm glad I didn't fork out for it. I knew this would happen. :lol

And.. MAKOTO AND DUDLEY FUCK YEAH!

It's not DLC. It's a retail game that won't be sold at retail price. Say about 30-40 bucks is the ballpark I think we're in right now in thought.

Dizzy-4U

This game needs to add bruises, loss of teeth and black eyes as you are getting hit. I'd love to take that smile out of Deejay, he's so creepy (in a good way).

Dizzy-4U said:
This game needs to add bruises, loss of teeth and black eyes as you are getting hit. I'd love to take that smile out of Deejay, he's so creepy (in a good way).
Super Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus II Turbo?

Dizzy-4U

Question about storyline. Does SFIII takes place at the same time as 3rd Strike? I mean, like a redone director's cut edition? Or do all of them follow a timeline and some time pass from one game to the other?

_dementia said:
Super Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus II Turbo?
Kinda, but just for cosmetic purpose only. I don't want a broken bone that prevents me of doing a hadoken or something.

NeonZ

Dizzy-4U said:
Question about storyline. Does SFIII takes place at the same time as 3rd Strike? I mean, like a redone director's cut edition? Or do all of them follow a timeline and some time pass from one game to the other?

SFIII 2nd Impact replaces the original SFIII, but 3rd Strike happens after the others. Coincidentally, same thing is valid for the Alpha series (2 replaces 1, 3 is a sequel).

Xux

Dizzy-4U said:

Second Impact was a "director's cut" of New Generation and Third Strike takes place a year after.

Full timeline:

SF->SFA2->SFA3->SFII->SFIV->SSFIV->SFIII2i->SFIII3S

Looks like I was beated.

FindMyFarms said:
He throws ROCKS. Never make that mistake again sir. I will be maining Cody and his top tier rock throwing skills in SSF4.

Didn't know that he can throw Dirt aside from rock?
Bad Spray - B,DB,D+P(after you have been knocked down only)

And I'm a bit sad that there is next to nothing talk about Rolento being in it.

Dizzy-4U

NeonZ said:
SFIII 2nd Impact replaces the original SFIII, but 3rd Strike happens after the others. Coincidentally, same thing is valid for the Alpha series (2 replaces 1, 3 is a sequel).
Thanks for the info. So, SSFIV can be a sequel and not actually a redone story from SFIV.

Edit:
Xux said:
Is that confirmed then?

Xux said:
Second Impact was a "director's cut" of New Generation and Third Strike takes place a year after.

Full timeline:

Looks like I was beated.

Where does final fight fit into all of this.

I was hoping we would find out about another character besides Deejay, since he was already leaked when thawk and juri were announced :<

jam86 said:
Where does final fight fit into all of this.

I was hoping we would find out about another character besides Deejay, since he was already leaked when thawk and juri were announced :<

Final Fight happens before Alpha 2. The game was called Street Fighter '89 at one time. If you wanna bring non-canoncal elements into it then Final Fight Revenge would be the game before Alpha 2 because both Cody and Poison's ending represents what happened before Alpha 3.

So your timeline is this.

SF1>FF>A2>A3>ST>SSF4>2I>3S

The only other game in the Capcom Universe that maybe included is Rival Schools. I'd assume it happens between Alpha 3 and Super Turbo. Or even ST and 4.

BitchTits

SovanJedi said:
DeeJay's grinning face is terrifying:

djsquirrel.jpg
:D

I hope any new background stages are nice and clear too, some of the original SF4 ones were really difficult to play on, even if they look nice. The Diner and Lab stages were like that, but the worst offender is the volcano stage, I find it really hard to see what's going on on that stage sometimes, it's all way too dark and red. And the flowchart Ken's just LOVE it of course, always pick it.

jabipun

So, I just saw they added Dee Jay's bio to the SSFIV blog site. Does that mean they are going to reveal one character every day until they're all revealed?

I would be happy if it was a character a day - I was previously thinking it would be some shit like they reveal a character per week. Fuck it, per month - Considering a 8 characters, 8 months roughly till release...

GhaleonQ

ReXXXSoprano said:
Final Fight happens before Alpha 2. The game was called Street Fighter '89 at one time. If you wanna bring non-canoncal elements into it then Final Fight Revenge would be the game before Alpha 2 because both Cody and Poison's ending represents what happened before Alpha 3.

So your timeline is this.

SF1>FF>A2>A3>ST>SSF4>2I>3S

The only other game in the Capcom Universe that maybe included is Rival Schools. I'd assume it happens between Alpha 3 and Super Turbo. Or even ST and 4.

For shame!
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Slam Masters: Ring Of Destruction
Final Fight 1
Street Fighter 1
Final Fight 2
Street Fighter 0 1/2
Street Fighter 0 3
Final Fight 3
Street Fighter 2 1/2
Street Fighter 4 1
Street Fighter 4 2
Street Fighter 3 1/2
Street Fighter 3 3

I feel really proud typing that from memory. EXTREMELY proud.

Shito

Aljosa said:
Isn't the new Hakan being revealed today?
Nah, official blog was already updated, only DeeJay and "oh we will see about the arcaaaades".
Methinks we'll get two other characters in next week's famitsu.

GhaleonQ said:
For shame!
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Slam Masters: Ring Of Destruction
Final Fight 1
Street Fighter 1
Final Fight 2
Street Fighter 0 1/2
Street Fighter 0 3
Final Fight 3
Street Fighter 2 1/2
Street Fighter 4 1
Street Fighter 4 2
Street Fighter 3 1/2
Street Fighter 3 3

I feel really proud typing that from memory. EXTREMELY proud.

If we really have to go at this I'll go.

I'd assume it be more like this...

Slam Masters
Street Fighter 1
Ring of Destruction
Final Fight 1
Alpha 2
Final Fight Revenge
Alpha 3
Final Fight 2
Rival Schools
Super Turbo
Final Fight 3
Super 4
2nd Impact
3rd Strike
Final Fight Streetwise

I'll assume every time Street Fighter happens Final Fight happens. We gotta have enough time for Haggar to be a Heavyweight Champion and parlay that into becoming mayor first. Ryu gives Sagat the scar and a little while later Jessica gets snuck. Guy, Rolento and Sodom crossover after the Mad Gear gets supposedly wiped out and afterwards Revenge happens and Cody gets locked up. Now Cody breaks out and Bison is supposed to be dead. At this point Sakura's appearance in RS is the SF bridge for Final Fight right before Super Turbo. Final Fight 3 would be perfect here for Dean's sake only. Gives him an actual tourney to fight in. I'll assume after the Skull Cross Gang gets fucked up Seth comes on the scene. Foreshadowing lets us know that Seth will be defeated and Gill will step up and the same happens. And then Cody gets high on some green shit.

The End!!!

Dizzy-4U

Jigsaw from SRK translated the Ono interview from Famitsu (props to the man):

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7590471&postcount=681

Here's my translation of the Famitsuu article. Probably a few mistakes here and there as there were a few nuances of the text that I couldn't really understand, but whatever. Enjoy.

Lots of new pictures

As we reported earlier, the followup to "Street Fighter IV", "Super Street Fighter IV", will be released in Spring 2010 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Today, we'll be looking at the new screenshots and illustrations we have received, as well as an interview with producer Yoshinori Ono.

The producer of SSF4, Yoshinori Ono. He has been involved in the Street Fighter series since "Zero", where he did sound design.

Will Juri's beautiful kicks revolutionize fighting?!

This is Juri, the Street Fighter series' first Taekwondo practitioner. Speedy and spectacular kicks is the trademark of Taekwondo, so Juri's moves are mostly based on kicks. Her Focus Attack and special moves all seem to come from those beautiful leg techniques as well. You can also see moves clad in a purple aura... is this the result of her "Feng Shui Engine"!?

[Ono's comment: secrets behind the new characters, part 1]

Actually, this is the first Korean character in the history of Capcom fighting games. When we were making the arcade version of SF4, the CEO of Capcom Korea said "Aren't there any Korean characters?". At that time, I just said "well, we have a location test this week (laughs)", and that was the end of it. Later, at the Korean SBO qualifiers, Korean players and fans would tell me "Why are there still no Korean characters? Games like KOF and Tekken have them", and well, that's true. Not only that, at the same event a Korean games journalist sent us a petition from Korean fans. Since the design philosophy for Super SF4 is "listen the voices of our fans", with this kind of support from our Korean fans, I felt that we had to include a Korean character. That's how Juri was born. By making her a Taekwondo character, we hope that players who use Taekwondo characters in other fighing games can enjoy the addition of Juri to SF4's roster. However, even if her moves feel similar, this is SF4, so it's not just about pushing the right buttons, but rather reading the opponent to win. So with that in mind, we didn't want to create a character that goes against what fans of the series are expecting. In my mind, she's kind of like a Fei Long-esque Viper. Right now, if you hit with one attack, you can basically string together attacks for as long as you want, so she's way too strong. This is no good of course, but that's why we're still tuning it. Another of Juri's trademarks is, well, she's kinda sexy (laughs). When you connect with her Ultra Combo, she stabs her left foot into her opponent's back and lifts them up, and the way she then slowly caresses their face, that's hot. We've never had a character who does things like that in Street Fighter before. We're creating her to be a really "exciting" character (laughs).

Super easy to play, Super strategic

With their incredibly destructive force and spectacular visuals, the "Ultra Combo" took fights to a new level in SF4. Are those Ultra Combos going through a big change!? The Focus Attack and other systems of SF4 may also evolve. With the addition of new fighting systems, the battles will be more intense than ever.

Changes to the Revenge Gauge?
The Revenge Gauge, needed to unleash the Ultra Combos, has been redesigned. There's a character on the gauge! C-could this really mean... !?

Existing characters are powered up, too

The 25 existing characters awaiting the new challengers will be rebalanced. With this, the game will be even deeper than the last one.

Those two men join the fight

The last two fighters from the SF2 series, Dee Jay and T.Hawk, will finally join the fight! These two have got some tricky and exciting moves. How will they fare on this new stage?!

Dee Jay
Jamaican Kickboxer. A colourful fighter who's also a million-selling musician. With tricky normals, charge based projectiles and anti-air attacks, you won't get far trying to attack him from the air.

T. Hawk
Hero of the Thunderfoot tribe. Vega killed his fathered and took his holy land from him. A gentle man who loves animals, he is determined to reclaim his holy land. The trademarks of his fighting style are his long reach and his ability to perform his Mexican Typhoon and other powerful throws from out of nowhere.

[Ono's comment: secrets behind the new characters, part 2]

Finally, we've been able to include the two characters we had to leave out last time, and with that the characters from the SF2 series are all accounted for. But actually, when we released SF4, people seemed to be a lot less disappointed than I had expected. Even though we at Capcom were bracing ourselves for comments like "Why the hell aren't those two in the game!?" (laughs). But when you see them in motion, they are both really fun characters. When using Dee Jay, people aren't used to the way he moves, so it's pretty easy to win. You know like, "that sliding kick is broken!". Dee Jay and T.Hawk were the most technical characters in SF2, so their gameplay will be very deep this time around as well. They are tricky and complicated characters, so I think of them as characters for advanced players who are well accustomed to the previous game. I think this is the perfect timing for these two to join the fray. Although it wasn't really planned like this (laughs).

All about Super Street Fighter IV: "Super" Interview

Development is finally underway on SSF4. We've attacked Super Producer Yoshinori Ono with our questions. This off-the-record stuff is a must-read for all SF4 fans.

-When we first saw the title of the followup to SF4, we were quite surprised that it's called "Super" and not "Dash".

Ono: Originally, when we decided to start working on an update to SF4, we were planning on calling it "SF4'". However, since the original "SF2'" was called "Champion Edition" overseas, we felt "Dash" wouldn't have the same impact. Well, "Super" it is then! Some of the staff felt "Super" sounded really old fashioned, but we kept discussing it; "Super was the most exciting, wasn't it? After "Dash" and "Turbo", don't you remember the excitement for "Super"?", and so on.

-Yeah, I remember the excitement about "Super". New characters were added and a lot of changes were made.

Ono: That's right. The gameplay changed, 4 new characters were added, the graphics were improved... it was really exciting, wasn't it? With this game, we went back and forth about what the title should be, but since we're not stopping at mere balance tweaks, but also adding a lot of stuff, we felt that "Super" conveys this idea better than something like "SF4-2".

-I see. To fans of the series, "Dash" sounds like nothing more than balance tweaks. But "Super" seems like it would have more new content. Can you tell us more about this new content?

Ono: With this game we are focusing on the things we have heard the most requests for from fans, so you can expect a lot of great things. In the arcades, people are holding a lot of team tournaments and such. I think that kind of excitement really unites the fans across the world. Speaking of which, we want to revisit the online mode in the home version. The arcade experience is really the best, so we're trying to recreate that experience in people's homes.

-It sounds like you're bringing back something that's familiar to arcade fans...

Ono: Last time, there were some things that old SF2 fans really wanted to see, but we weren't able to include. This time, the development team can really feel those fans breathing down their necks saying "You guys better include it this time!" (laughs).

-Please give us a concrete example!

Ono: I can't give any specifics yet, but maybe there'll be things like... rolling objects falling down from above, and such.

-Could it be...!

Ono: If someone asks if this stuff is necessary for a fighting tool like SF4, well, no, it's not necessary. But you can think of it as the one teacher you would hope to see at your class reunion.

-We've seen 3 new characters now, but how many newcomers will there be in total?

Ono: There will definitely be 8 new characters. We will introduce newcomers and bring back old characters for a total of at least 8.

-At least 8?! Are there any more original characters like Juri?

Ono: Maybe (laughs).

-How many of the new characters will be brand new?

Ono: Well, if I tell you that, you'll have nothing to write about (laughs). But we're trying to pick the most popular characters that we can.

-Please give a hint to our readers!

Ono: Since we're developing this game completely based on fan input, maybe we will include the character that's most requested on our official blog.

-Finally, please give a message for our readers.

Ono: I'm almost tired of saying it, but thank you so much for making your voices heard! It's thanks to the countless requests from fans that we could make SF4, and because the requests keep on coming, now we're here again making Super SF4. Even though our development time is limited, we really want to answer the fans' hopes and expectations. We want to keep the price for the game low as well, but if it ends up being not very different, I'm sorry (laughs). Finally, to the arcade fans who supported us the most, I'm sorry that I can't give a conclusive answer. It'll be my homework for next time.

---

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
TofuEater said:
DeeJay's fireball takes up half the screen?

o boy... some people are gonna have a hard time jumping over this :lol

From these screenshots im beginning to think MaxOut is not a projectile anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom