• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom does a Sega: less support for the Wii 'cause RE:DSC sold 16k

Status
Not open for further replies.
schuelma said:
Why do you keep treating the 16K number as if its from the U.S or something? Unless you have accurate France totals for all of the above games.

Not to mention your inclusion of Bayonetta makes about as much sense as your "NSMB Wii is going to sell about as bad as Galaxy in the U.S because of one weeks chart from the U.K" theory. Its been released in one territory, the one territory Darkside Chronicles has not been released on.

Even if RE DSC sold 100k in the US (which it didn't), all of these games would still be more popular.

I already admitted I was wrong about NSMB. I should never underestimate the hunger of the Wii audience for Nintendo games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
grandjedi6 said:
All of the above? Nintendo made too many assumptions about the inevitability of the their 3rd party support and so they ramped down efforts at both getting 3rd parties to develop for the system and their own output. Hence their 2008 slow down that killed their momentum in that area.

Agreed on Nintendo's own output, though honestly it really only hurt them this year in Japan, but the 3rd party effort thing is much harder to prove and I would argue was never going to work with Western developers and publishers.

grandjedi6 said:
Even if the Wii version of Call of Duty got the exact same level of effort and advertising it would never reach the absurd levels that MW2 has reached.
Of course not. I shouldn't have left it with just the sarcastic remark. In general Wii games would do a lot better with say, a not as small fraction of effort and advertising that 3rd parties will devote to an HD game. It may not make as much as Modern Warfare but outside of Nintendo games and Guitar Hero, what does? Seems it might be better than hoping like hell each game can be a megaseller.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
bmf said:
They'd love it, but they don't need it. They are, and will continue to be financial rockstars whether their 3rd party support is weak or strong. No 3rd party support may be a completely different story.
Yes, because such a stance has benefited Nintendo so much in the past.

Honestly, Nintendo knows that they need 3rd party support and so does everyone else except for, apparently, fanboys like yourself. :/

schuelma

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Even if RE DSC sold 100k in the US (which it didn't), all of these games would still be more popular.

How much did Valkerie Chronicles do again?

And I repeat- how can you possibly put Bayenetta on that list at this point in time?

Grecco

ChoklitReign said:
I think it's pretty evident now that rail shooters are a niche genre.

More like a Dead genre. Last time on rail shooters were popular, Bill Clinton was president. Maybe pre dot com bust? Sega was still making consoles?

To be fair, most people didn't expect Nintendo to phone it in so early, thus losing whatever momentum they had in that area.

Nintendo cant win. Ever. Make too many games third party software complain about not being able to compete against first party, make to little, Nintendo phones it in :lol

Jokeropia

Ponn01 said:
You didn't answer the question.
No, I just showed you why the question was irrelevant. Despite the shared development costs, RE4: Wii was cheaper to develop than any individual version of RE5.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
grandjedi6 said:
All of the above? Nintendo made too many assumptions about the inevitability of the their 3rd party support and so they ramped down efforts at both getting 3rd parties to develop for the system and their own output. Hence their 2008 slow down that killed their momentum in that area.

I'm not sure they really made too many assumptions here.

I think they were smart enough to see what was going to happen, but they just didn't care. It doesn't affect them one iota.

Acknowledgement of this is laced throughout the ideas and philosophies behind Wii.

I think we - the gamers - are the slow ones to catch up here.

The process of accepting that Nintendo has conquered a market different than the one some hoped, the one they're actually a part of, seems to be a rather slow and painful one for some.

Nintendo's captured a market entirely different to that which previous #1 systems did. I think a lot of folks thought that if Nintendo got to #1 it would be the same #1 spot as PS2 or PS1, but really, it's quite a different type of #1, fueled by a completely different type of market that's much less diverse in taste. Nintendo knew this, I'm sure of it. And they're quite happy about it, all the more if they're one of the few effective providers of content on there. But you may as well be talking about the games market on facebook or on iphone for all the relevance it has to the type of market previous #1 home consoles had - the type of market I think a lot of hardcore Nintendo fans hoped they'd win.

A lot of folks, particularly on GAF have leaned on historical precedence way too directly.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Capcom has to make games people want to buy.

Plain and simple.

3 million fucking ppl bought a wii in December in the US. A big percentage of these has to be new gamers or at least people that have not owned a Nintendo system recently given that the Wii has already doubled the gamecube's sales. So these are not people that are already used to only buying nintendo software for the nintendo system. (Wiis total third party sales for December will be insane, but just clarifying this point regardless)

Make games people will buy. Advertising, not spin offs, quality all will help.
Spyborgs was not it, it seems releasing yet another light gun spinoff in a lightgun saturated year is not it either.

Ponn

Banned
Jokeropia said:
No, I just showed you why the question was irrelevant. Despite the shared development costs, RE4: Wii was cheaper to develop than any individual version of RE5.

How does it make it irrelevant? What exactly is your intention of stating "RE 4 Wii sold more copies then RE5 for PS3" then? RE 4 was first developed for Gamecube, then ported to PS2 then ported to Wii. It wasn't developed from the ground up for Wii. RE5 was developed as multiplatform from the get go and now being re-packaged for yet unknown sales on PS3 again with motion controls.

What you just said doesn't even make sense. *boggle*

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Vamphuntr said:
I gather no one tried to read the original article ?
http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000081940/

Basically he says it's a disappointment and that Wii gamers are clearly less interested by that kind of game. He then goes on about saying how UC sold way better and that was 2 years ago. He thinks that a lot of wii owners are more interested in casual games. Later he also talks about RE 4 saying how it was a big sucess but also states that the market changed quite a lot since RE 4 wii edition.
I'd still question that. How do you decide the "market has changed to casual" when you never release a game in the same vein again, but instead constantly create casual oriented spinoff games that don't sell?

Unless he thinks the difference between casual and not = level of gore or something, I don't see where he's coming up with any kind of valid reasoning behind what he's saying.

Jokeropia

gofreak said:
Nintendo's captured a market entirely different to that which previous #1 systems did.
Over 70% of US Wii owners are also PS2 owners. The stat is from 2008 but I don't see why things would've changed since then.

Alex

ziran said:
Shhhh....

Don't mention Monster Hunter Tri, that massively outsold the last home console version on the 'mighty' PS2! Tends to fuck things up ;-)

Massively is a huge stretch, especially for back when the series was popular, but still picking up steam, which is probably a little rough for a 2006 PS2 game.

Massively is what you'd want to call the canyon between the PSP and Wii versions.

schuelma said:
How much did Valkerie Chronicles do again?

And I repeat- how can you possibly put Bayenetta on that list at this point in time?

You think Bayonetta is going to sell less than 100k in January in the US? Alternatively, do you think RE DSC is going to sell more than VC did in Japan, given the current state of iterative 3rd party sequels on the Wii?

I can see why you'd want both removed from the list, but I don't think I'm being presumptuous in either case.

Jokeropia

Ponn01 said:
How does it make it irrelevant? What exactly is your intention of stating "RE 4 Wii sold more copies then RE5 for PS3" then? RE 4 was first developed for Gamecube, then ported to PS2 then ported to Wii. It wasn't developed from the ground up for Wii
That Capcom should've made (and should still make) a ground up for Wii third person RE game?

devilhawk

Ponn01 said:
How does it make it irrelevant? What exactly is your intention of stating "RE 4 Wii sold more copies then RE5 for PS3" then? RE 4 was first developed for Gamecube, then ported to PS2 then ported to Wii. It wasn't developed from the ground up for Wii. RE5 was developed as multiplatform from the get go and now being re-packaged for yet unknown sales on PS3 again with motion controls.

What you just said doesn't even make sense. *boggle*
You don't even have a point. You are just being disingenuous.

Effect

mysticstylez said:
Do people here really think that if Capcom did another traditional RE game, it would sell as good as RE4:Wii did?
Possible but it's most likely to late now. The damage is done and the goodwill Capcom had regarding Resident Evil could very well be gone.

grandjedi6 said:
Yes, because such a stance has benefited Nintendo so much in the past.

Honestly, Nintendo knows that they need 3rd party support and so does everyone else except for, apparently, fanboys like yourself. :/
We were talking about *strong* 3rd party support vs *weak* 3rd party support. They've had *weak* 3rd party support since the N64 era, and it could be argued that during that generation and the Gamecube one they were in a better 3rd party position than they are now.

*No* 3rd party support may be a completely different thing, but we really don't have a good example of that phenomenon.

Grecco

Jokeropia said:
That Capcom should've made (and should still make) a ground up for Wii third person RE game?

Isnt Capcom making a ground up for the PSP third person RE Game.

The fact that the wii gets on rail shooters and the super strong software selling psp is getting a third person RE game seems to blow my mind.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jokeropia said:
Over 70% of US Wii owners are also PS2 owners. The stat is from 2008 but I don't see why things would've changed since then.

The PS2 had a huge casual audience.

But it wasn't just a casual audience.

Nintendo's audience, it seems, is largely the type of casual from the PS2 days + new types of casual from their 'blue ocean'. So your statistic wouldn't surprise me at all.

Owning that market is very different from owning the market PS2 or PS1 did - the type of market that attracted casual and 'core' support and interest.

Nintendo thoroughly owns and has expanded upon a segment of the market previous #1 consoles typically had.

edit - I see you probably interpreted my comment as saying there was no overlap between the audience of the current #1, Wii, and previous ones. Of course I'm not saying that. There is of course overlap. But it's not an even overlap...it's overlap into a specific type of user, a specific segment of that audience. Not the segment that attracts the likes of Capcom heavily to your platform.

Eteric Rice

Jokeropia said:

Would have been nice if they had done this since the beginning. I think the pool is to tainted now. Consumers don't trust anyone not Nintendo (rightly so at this point).

But this is Capcom France, so I really don't care what they say. Do they even make games?

Capcom France has never won a console war.

wrowa

3rd parties somehow though that the Wii is the platform where rail-shooter magically sell great. Yes, there was some kind of a rail-shooter revival on the Wii but that wasn't because people were suddenly interested in them again like hell but because Wii owners were starving for some serious efforts from 3rd parties and at the same time curious about these rail-shooters because of the controls. But the controls are nothing special anymore and the Wii owner who were starving for serious efforts have either bought another console or a mostly sick of rail-shooter by now or both.

Now it is too late to try to sell some M-rated core-games with high production values and stuff like that. They killed the market with releasing nothing of interest. That's why it is easy to understand that they want to develop less games for the Wii. It's just a sad thing, because if they tried to develop some great games from day one the Wii could have been easily a great platform for them with revenues. But they dropped the ball.

Ponn

Banned
Jokeropia said:

So then why in hell would asking you to combine the multiplatform numbers for a ground up developed for two consoles release be irrelevant when you yourself are being disingenuous? Of course RE4 Wii was cheaper to develop, IT WAS DEVELOPED FOR A PREVIOUS GENERATION CONSOLE ALREADY AND PORTED! A ground up Wii RE5 would be more to develop and not have the advantage of multiplatform release without major retooling.

You don't even have a point. You are just being disingenuous.

Thanks devilhawk, i'm guessing you were quoting the wrong person but I fixed it for you:lol

onipex

Meh I don't really care as a Wii owner. The only thing they released that I like is Z&W and RE4 Wii. I will try out MH3 and buy it if I like it, but I don't care if they drop support for the Wii at all.

Nintendo will care of course,but they can throw their support and money at the problem if they really care.

Drek said:
Maybe these guys who with upper management positions for successful multi-million dollar companies like Capcom know what they're talking about a bit more than a bunch of fans on a message board?

I agree. It is very smart for a representative of a multimillion dollar company to talk about dropping support for the company that is about to push one of their highest selling Japanese franchises in the west. Especial when the franchise sells very little in the west and Nintendo has proven that they can push products with their marketing muscle.

MechaX

amtentori said:
Capcom has to make games people want to buy.

Plain and simple.

You know, the easy answer to this predicament is something that a lot of gamers here probably don't want to hear. The Wii Sports/Fit/Play or music games have done rather well, or at least I think it did fairly well for EA and for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band line. Maybe Capcom should... nah. That would be crazy talk.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Looks like I was right; now companies will use the failure of fucking /light gun games/ to say that core gaming is dead on the Wii. Any fucking excuse, I tell you.

It's not just a matter of core gamers not understanding the market Nintendo captured with the Wii, btw. And it's not about that market having "less diverse taste".

The expanded audience are the ones playing games that hardcore gamers ignore; they play browser games, puzzle games, the Sims, simulations, new variations of online multiplayer RPGs, etc. However, and I still believe this is being proven out, the expanded audience that the Wii has captured has a quality that is very hard for core and x-treme gamers to understand: they're a tough sell.

Core gamers are an EASY SELL. They play ANYTHING. They're taken in by graphics and pageantry, and by technological gimmickry. (Hint for people who ain't got it yet: the Wii Remote is not a gimmick. The Wii Balance Board is not a gimmick. Games predicated on repackaging the same shit with fresh shaders and a few meaningless variations in stale formulas are gimmicks.)

The people who Nintendo has reached out to this generation are the people who have been turned off at the sight of what gamers consider fuckin' grawsome: "boring" racing sims, hyper violent first person "murder simulators" and gangster games, because from their perspective, those things aren't clever, and there's no draw to wasting time playing them when they can get all the nice cut scenes watching a movie about WWII or gangland violence.

These same people will play Bejeweled for hundreds of hours and put more time into it than most core gamers will ever spend on a single $60, five hour campaign first-person shooter.

The truth is, most game companies don't know or if they did once know, have forgotten how to make games outside of an increasingly narrow range. It's easier to retreat back and sell the hardcore more of same game they've been buying over and over for the last ten years with better graphics each time and a new online gametype mutation. Core gamers say they want "innovation", 'cause even they're bored (yet they still keep buying the games!), but real innovation is uncomfortable and does away with the cues they've become addicted to.

None of this is to say that the expanded audience or the Wii audience knows best; there is no one "best". There are aspects of core games that people outside the dedicated gamers also do not get because they're unfamiliar with them. This is why bridge games exist on the Wii, such as Mario Kart. A lot of people who've never played a driving game have quite gotten into it thanks to MK Wii.

However, the official Inconvenient Truth of current gaming is that the Wii phenomenon has shed some light on bad trends in the game industry, and the industry - and gamers - are doing everything they can to ignore it and rig a sunshade up. The Wii has made an end-run around the current industry into new territory. There's no reason companies like Capcom can't capitalize on that, but they either don't understand how to, or don't really want to.

It's easier to blame failure on /light gun games/. El Oh El.

schuelma

Sho_Nuff82 said:
You think Bayonetta is going to sell less than 100k in January in the US? Alternatively, do you think RE DSC is going to sell more than VC did in Japan, given the current state of iterative 3rd party sequels on the Wii?

I can see why you'd want both removed from the list, but I don't think I'm being presumptuous in either case.

I have no idea how Bayonetta will sell in the U.S. No clue. But given that its a new IP I think it is very presumptuous to assume its going to do great when there are plenty examples of HD bombs.

And with respect to Darkside Chronicles in Japan, I wouldn't be too surprised if it surpasses the 140K or so that VC did.

Also, I really like how you switch between N.A, France, and Japan when it suits your arguments.

Why For?

Banned
Magypsy23 said:
Bitching about spin-off titles not selling is pretty unsightly.

Spyborgs
Zak and Wiki
Okami

plus a few others weren't spin offs.

To be honest he sounds pretty right. I adore Capcom, and I have a metric fuck tonne of their games across PS3 and 360 but haven't bought any of their Wii titles yet, but that's because they don't really interest me, and I already have RE4 on Gamecube.

So there's clearly an issue for them.

schuelma said:
I have no idea how Bayonette will sell in the U.S. No clue. But given that its a new IP I think it is very presumptuous to assume its going to do great when there are plenty examples of HD bombs.
I think it will do fairly well. It's hitting the right cues and will presumably be well advertised. Same goes for Dante's Inferno.

Hopefully both are good beyond the first couple of levels.

NotWii

Banned
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
RESIDENT EVIL 4 WORKED BECAUSE IT WAS A GAME PEOPLE WANTED TO FUCKING PLAY YOU IDIOT.

Makes me so angry. I bought RE4 twice and enjoyed it immensely. I didn't buy Dark Side Chronicles because I'm tired of light gun games. It's that simple.
If only they could hear you :(

Jokeropia

gofreak said:
The PS2 had a huge casual audience.

But it wasn't just a casual audience.

Nintendo's audience, it seems, is largely the type of casual from the PS2 days + new types of casual from their 'blue ocean'. So your statistic wouldn't surprise me at all.

Owning that market is very different from owning the market PS2 or PS1 did - the type of market that attracted casual and 'core' support and interest.

Nintendo thoroughly owns and has expanded upon a segment of the market previous #1 consoles typically had.
70% is a pretty large segment. Since these 70% also apparently doesn't include the PS2 Madden casuals, I wonder about the sizes of the other PS2 markets it doesn't hold.

By the way, Nintendo's core games are doing just fine (better than ever, pretty much) so it's clearly not just a "casual" market they own. Yes, their core games have a large casual appeal, but so does all big 'core' franchises.
Ponn01 said:
A ground up Wii RE5 would be more to develop
But also have a potentially larger audience since new games (I assume you're referring to this being made back when RE5 was new) generally outsell ports.

KevinCow

Banned
Wait, so Capcom's really going with the, "Light gun game sells well = Wii gamers want more light gun games, light gun game doesn't sell well = Wii gamers don't want core games" logic?

wrowa said:
That did fairly well for a sub-par port of an old game, actually.

Sven even said Okami Wii was a moderate success. I don't understand what people who cite that game as a Wii failure expected from a port of a nearly 2 year old game that wasn't a blockbuster in the first place.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
On-rail shooters have never set the world on fire, even when arcades were still going. Also, the experience is such that when you've done one you're pretty much done with them. On-rail shooter pretty much says 'more of the same', you lump them all in the same boat.

Considering how strong the Wii's sales are, I've never seen such bitching and damage control from 3rd party companies before. There is a huuuge market to sell to out there, and the total generalisations they make just can't apply in the real world.

And all it comes down to is a lack of inventiveness, a lack of risk-taking, and the assumption that the name of an IP is enough rather than gameplay that made that IP popular in the first place.

Lazy, bloody lazy.

I know it's appeal is limited compared to Japan, but it would be great to see Monster Hunter do well in the West. The single 3rd party effort that's had the investment, scope and production values which should be a bit more common for a console winning the console race by such a large margin.

Meesh

bmf said:
*No* 3rd party support may be a completely different thing, but we really don't have a good example of that phenomenon.
yeah, pretty murky waters there, I can't even imagine exactly what it would be like...(not sarcasm)

The Wii/Nintendo is pretty messed up. When it launched everyone(loose term) was taken by surprise, they rushed crappy ports made crappy games...later it was discovered, through no doubt rigorous focus group tests(sarcasm), that Wii gamers want original content, and good use of hardware... some followed through with some decent titles...now it almost sounds that despite gluttonous hardware sales, devs are let down that their enthusiast or enthusiast/casual hybrid games aren't selling like their mainstream counterparts.

I haven't read the entire thread but this news feels recycled from another article about enthusiast games bombing ect.

Group hug people, buy Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's original, we want it, sales damage X 5 billion!!!!

Grecco

bmf said:
I think it will do fairly well. It's hitting the right cues and will presumably be well advertised. Same goes for Dante's Inferno.

Hopefully both are good beyond the first couple of levels.

This is an understatment. Unlike Madworld, Bayonetta is getting a massive advertisement campaign from Sega. Inlcuding sponsoring a UFC PPV. "If" it underperforms in the US it certainly will not be because it wasnt advertised.

Master Z

It baffles me why Capcom hasn't made a traditional RE game for the Wii yet especially after RE4 sold well. The only thing I can think of is that the talent required to make such a game would rather work on the HD consoles where their vision can be fully realized and the suits don't mind because those games (for the most part) sell very well....

schuelma

Master Z said:
It baffles me why Capcom hasn't made a traditional RE game for the Wii yet especially after RE4 sold well. The only thing I can think of is that the talent required to make such a game would rather work on the HD consoles where their vision can be fully realized and the suits don't mind because those games (for the most part) sell very well....

You got Dead Rising by Tose instead. Enjoy!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jokeropia said:
70% is a pretty large segment.

First of all, 70% of Wii owners owning a PS2 doesn't mean Wii has reached 70% of that segment of PS2 owners (casual).

Even if Wii had 100% coverage of PS2 casuals it wouldn't change my point.

The Wii audience does not have the diversity of purchasing interest the PS2 had, or previous #1 systems had. It's a totally different type of #1, quite by design on Nintendo's part. They were never interested in nor competing seriously for the core gamer. They went for a 'blue ocean' market - one with significant overlap with the casual audience of previous systems, but with not much else in common.

Jokeropia said:
By the way, Nintendo's core games are doing just fine (better than ever, pretty much) so it's clearly not just a "casual" market they own. Yes, their core games have a large casual appeal, but so does all big 'core' franchises.

Getting folks out to buy the occasional Nintendo 'core' game is not the same as owning that market. They don't. It's probably more accurate to say that they get occasional visits from that market. And they have casual appeal as you say too so these games resound well with the wider wii market also.

I have a Wii. I pick up games on it occasionally (i.e. those Nintendo 'core' games). But all my other 'core' interest is on other platforms. It's only by necessity I play those Nintendo games on Wii. I'm typically not interested in Capcom's Wii games for example. I've plenty of these types of games - from Capcom and others - to entertain me without tradeoffs elsewhere. But I have to go to Wii for Nintendo's.

That's not owning the core market in the way previous #1s did (or in the way PS360 do now).

Nintendo's got a wonderful market for themselves. But trying to shoehorn it into the type of market previous #1s had and expecting the resultant pub support...well look, it's time to smell which way the wind's blowing on this.

Jokeropia said:
There were a ton of games that "should" have sold more on PS2 as well.

Difference was that the purchase diversity of hardcore/mature titles more than made up for a lot of that slack, whereas here, it's not the case.

Just imagine attempting to understand what makes a million seller on the Wii, go out and produce a few titles to see what works. Your colleagues do the same. You compare notes, and find that given the investment, it made a modest amount of money.

Then you hear Activision got $70 million from DLC across the HD twins. So you think, well shit, why not take some of the resources away from the new Wii title, and push that into DLC. Even if you don't make $70 million, you might turn more extra coin, because that's a market you know.

I think that's something that's overlooked sometimes, if you have a performing title, you can max it out via DLC with minimal development time, release it on two similar systems and charge for it. Wii is the odd man out in these scenarios because it's an audience that they can't monetize further.

And honestly, in some cases, just flat out don't get, and thus, don't care. Chances are, if you fall in the "Core" demographic you have a PS3 or 360, and thus I can make one game that covers both areas.

The other portion is that Nintendo's marketing pitched the system as 100% non-hardcore, family-friendly party machine. That market does not buy Borderlands, Heavy Rain, Bayonetta, Mass Effect. They might buy COD, Gran Turismo. Will probably buy Banzo, LBP, party games. And the niche market on that system wants the Bayonettas, but all relevant data says that won't sell on the platform.

So you have a system that sells a lot, but can't really be monetized beyond the initial sale, does not have a large hardcore audience that buy games consistently. And on the other side, two twins that have a large hardcore segment, can be monetized beyond the initial point of sale, and is an easily justifable decision to the guy above you.

No one wants to be the guy who has to write a report that explains why the Wii game bombed, and why they didn't authorize an action game for a proven demo across two systems with a combined huge userbase.

I will say that while the Wii is not my thing at all, I do lament that type of thinking, because its part of the reason why you get say, Tom Clancy game #9 as opposed to Beyond Good and Evil 2.

CamHostage

Grecco said:
Isnt Capcom making a ground up for the PSP third person RE Game.

The fact that the wii gets on rail shooters and the super strong software selling psp is getting a third person RE game seems to blow my mind.

We don't know what kind of game Resident Evil Portable will be, actually.

But this whole light gun rage thing, I don't get. On-rails is frustrating sometimes in replay value (although games like Starfox are on rails and are oft-played), but lightgunning is a perfectly decent way to do videogames that fits this platform well. These two efforts (especially Dead Space Extraction, IMO) really proved that the game concept can be strong and compelling on Wii.

wrowa said:
3rd parties somehow though that the Wii is the platform where rail-shooter magically sell great.

The Time Crisis and Gun Survivor games did decently through the PS2. They died with PS3/360 after TC4 (and I don't understand why neither Time Crisis or Point Blank have been on Wii), but I bet they'll come back in some way down the line.

Magypsy23 said:
Bitching about spin-off titles not selling is pretty unsightly.

I don't really care about this side of the discussion since this was Capcom France and not a bigger and more influential portion of Capcom, but if spin-offs had been made of these games on the main platforms (the way that they had been through the PS2's lifespan) they likely would have done better than 16K.

Hey Capcom, listen up:

I bought Umbrella Chronicles for two reasons:

1. It looked like it might be fun.
2. You led us to believe that it was a test, and if it sold well, we'd get "real" RE games for the Wii, like RE4.5 or REmake2.

I didn't like Umbrella Chronicles much, and new "real" RE games for the Wii are nowhere in sight. So screw you and screw Darkside Chronicles. What the hell were you thinking?

But it's all good. You're right, don't make more Wii games. I don't trust you to make a good RE4.5 now anyway, because RE5 stunk. So just make REmake2 for an HD system and all is forgiven.

Why For?

Banned
wrowa said:
Shitty games always tend to bomb

:(

That did fairly well for a sub-par port of an old game, actually.

I'm not discussing quality. Thats subjective.

I was quoting a member who it sounded like he was alluding to the fact that capcom only releases spin-offs for Wii, and they don't. Which isn't true.

They have new IPs which don't seel well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom