• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia I |OT| Why is it so small?

Ynny,

I’m calling your bullshit here.

You defense why you chosen me is linking to someone else’s post. Why not one of your own on me? You have a few. Also if you had noticed I was questioning Ty’s actions prior to Sophia’s post anyhow. I find it strange you wouldn’t use your shot on Terra’s replacement who you spent so much time on yesterday.

In seems a waste of a shot especially when I’m (going into D3) a likely lynch candidate. Had you used it on Sorian you could’ve at least closed that lead.

I can give you credit for going this gambit. Ballsy.

I think we have our scum now team in hyper, Ty, ynny and maybe fire depending on the setup.

call my bullshit, is all cool :>

with a cop claim, it's easy to call bullshit. just lynch the accused and if the flip is town, lynch the one claiming cop. 1 vs 1 trade isn't bad for town, really.

BASIC MAFIA

Kawl_USC

G'morning! ^____^

So, I have good news \o/ yey \o/

checked on melonrabbit last night and she is scum

vote: melonrabbit

Cool, that makes today's vote easy then.

Vote: melonrabbit

If she flips town, we flip Yn, that's always a good trade.

(at 9, lynching town melon if Yn is lying makes 8 with 2, nk make 7 with 2, still plenty of time to turn around and lynch Yn)

Ty4on

On the other hand, I've re read this post twice now and looked at that wiki page bats has and I don't see where this conclusion is coming from.

Ugh, sorry, I was looking at how the godfather made it impossible and thought we had an extra non T.

call my bullshit, is all cool :>

with a cop claim, it's easy to call bullshit. just lynch the accused and if the flip is town, lynch the one claiming cop. 1 vs 1 trade isn't bad for town, really.

BASIC MAFIA

So you are really going to wait 20+ hours without looking at anyone else? So on D4 you and your scum mates can clean up?

If it was a proper 1 to 1 trade we should be looking at Ty. Because you guys just mislynched Sky yesterday.

Y'all just forgot about Ty4on.

Which was their plan.

Kawl_USC

Also if yn is telling the truth we are locked in at 3C (if some one tries to tell me we hit the 5C game they can go take a hike)

Melon's flip will fill in last blank of 4 or 2 T

So you are really going to wait 20+ hours without looking at anyone else? So on D4 you and your scum mates can clean up?

If it was a proper 1 to 1 trade we should be looking at Ty. Because you guys just mislynched Sky yesterday.

Which was their plan.

oh no, we can always scumhunt! i just had to come in with my result from last night because i was super happy to find a scum ^____^

we can use the remaining of the day to talk about anything we want! like, i think town can looksie people's reactions throughout the day and then use that information to find your partner.

why arent you voting for me if you really are calling me a liar, though???? i would vote the liar if i was in your shoes but.... i guess you know for sure that im actually right about you, right?

i donno about 'us guys' mislynching sky. i was the one holding the unpopular view that he was town.

Kawl_USC

Which was their plan.

Nah, people should keep looking and I plan to do so a bit later. I'm still very much suspicous of Ty, don't you worry little wolfbro.

oh no, we can always scumhunt! i just had to come in with my result from last night because i was super happy to find a scum ^____^

we can use the remaining of the day to talk about anything we want! like, i think town can looksie people's reactions throughout the day and then use that information to find your partner.

why arent you voting for me if you really are calling me a liar, though???? i would vote the liar if i was in your shoes but.... i guess you know for sure that im actually right about you, right?

i donno about 'us guys' mislynching sky. i was the one holding the unpopular view that he was town.

I wasn't referring you. I was referring to the rest of the town. So not you.

Because your username is hard to spell.

Vote: YesNOnoNOYes

If it was a proper 1 to 1 trade we should be looking at Ty.

oh also, that's not a 1 to 1 trade.

1 to 1 trade is lynching someone who is accused by someone else claiming cop to test if the one claiming cop is telling the truth or not. lynching someone else outside the equation is not how 1 to 1 trade work....

we're at 9 now. town had one mislynch. 1 to 1 trade at a later stage is actually more dangerous for town. so this is actually not a bad place for town to be, right now.

and when you flip maf, town will be at a better position to hunt for the remaining scum member yay :>

and thank you for taking the effort to spell my name right with your vote o7 (vote tool will work regardless of capitalisation, just as an fyi) (i know my nick is a pain in the butts to spell)

(sozz)

oh also, that's not a 1 to 1 trade.

1 to 1 trade is lynching someone who is accused by someone else claiming cop to test if the one claiming cop is telling the truth or not. lynching someone else outside the equation is not how 1 to 1 trade work....

we're at 9 now. town had one mislynch. 1 to 1 trade at a later stage is actually more dangerous for town. so this is actually not a bad place for town to be, right now.

and when you flip maf, town will be at a better position to hunt for the remaining scum member yay :>

and thank you for taking the effort to spell my name right with your vote o7 (vote tool will work regardless of capitalisation, just as an fyi) (i know my nick is a pain in the butts to spell)

(sozz)

Regardless, giving Ty another night is dangerous also. He's playing you again. He doesn't have to do anything expect watch town go after town.

Also, why are you so certain there's two left?

*Splinter

melon where were you planning to go with the 1911 thing?

Also props for keeping up the lie, but you'd be the "right" lynch to make even if you were town :p

Regardless, giving Ty another night is dangerous also. He's playing you again. He doesn't have to do anything expect watch town go after town.

Also, why are you so certain there's two left?

uh mechanics discussion from kawl and ty and sorian.... TTTT or TT likeliest, if im following the talk correctly.

something about goon + gf + rb and no sk or 2 goons + rb or somesuch...

Also props for keeping up the lie, but you'd be the "right" lynch to make even if you were town :p

1911 is the SK. The longer they wait to kill someone the more likely they can catch us off guard.

I thought you of all people would be at least open to questioning things that seems at little to convenient.

^ yep

also i find it telling that i had to prompt her vote on me. i know she said my nick is hard to type, but come on, we're playing forum mafia. if i was legit calling someone a liar, i'd have lashed out and made the effort to strike back and lay down a vote without having to be called out for it~

But how come you don't know which it is?

cuz im not maf \o/

to be honest, im not too on top of the mechanic discussion .... BUT! i am following the general gist that there is likely TWO mafia left though!

but i know you are maf

and with your flip, we will know more information to determine the composition of your wolf team :>

1911 is the SK. The longer they wait to kill someone the more likely they can catch us off guard.

I thought you of all people would be at least open to questioning things that seems at little to convenient.

SK has to attempt to kill every night thoughhh? they dont actually get to wait to kill someone...

Simply put theres no where this its t vt with you and yn sorry.

OK. But maybe lynching the people that start backstabbing town would be a better go. Ynny have tunneled on me since D1, she cooled on D2 when it didn't get traction and now is going after me again as easy target.

As a narrative, I can't be scum.

Doesn't make sense.

And I was right about being targeted with LP because it is still happening.

*Splinter

OK. But maybe lynching the people that start backstabbing town would be a better go. Ynny have tunneled on me since D1, she cooled on D2 when it didn't get traction and now is going after me again as easy target.

Doesn't make sense.

You were right because that was why you killed him? :D

Kawl_USC

cuz im not maf \o/

to be honest, im not too on top of the mechanic discussion .... BUT! i am following the general gist that there is likely TWO mafia left though!

but i know you are maf

and with your flip, we will know more information to determine the composition of your wolf team :>

with 2 C's confirmed and a second night of only 1 kill, we are confirmed to be in a 3 scum set up.

Kawl_USC

Doesn't make sense.

Look, a cop claims scum, you lynch the target and if they flip town you lynch the cop. Especially in a set up you know doesn't contain insane cops, switchers, etc.

Sorry mate.

You can't defend yourself from this lynch. Your best bet is to stop throwing shade at Yn, because she is definitely gone if you are town, and actively hunt for scum so that if you flip town we have some actual worthwhile discussion from you to look back over.

*Splinter

Think I know why Sophia died.

Way back in Danganronpa, we (scum) ended up in a pretty bad situation with a shitload of confirmed (or "confirmed") townies that outnumbered the pool of lynch able players (which included all the scum). Town was aware of its strong advantage, so the remaining scum chose to throw a curveball by NKing one of the few townies that could still have been lynched. It was hoped that this would spook town into changing course.

It was wholly unsuccessful, but there you go.

Tl;dr melon and Ty are scum gg wp

with 2 C's confirmed and a second night of only 1 kill, we are confirmed to be in a 3 scum set up.

so it is the absence of multiple kills each night that points to the 3 scum set up? ....okay, i see.

thanks kawuru o7

sorian, i thought that's the standard SK? i saw the ones played in the past GAFia games have all been that way. They had to attempt a kill every night phase.

Sorian

Banned
so it is the absence of multiple kills each night that points to the 3 scum set up? ....okay, i see.

thanks kawuru o7

sorian, i thought that's the standard SK? i saw the ones played in the past GAFia games have all been that way. They had to attempt a kill every night phase.

That was always mod discretion, PW SK wasn't required to kill for example. It would be completely ineffective most likely but a SK could play as a survivor if they wanted to unless I'm missing a rule somewhere.

Ty4on

That was always mod discretion, PW SK wasn't required to kill for example. It would be completely ineffective most likely but a SK could play as a survivor if they wanted to unless I'm missing a rule somewhere.

Thankfully this is a semi-open setup.
Serial Killer

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Serial Killer.

Abilities:

Pregame you must choose to be either Investigation Immune or 1-Shot Bulletproof.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.

Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Doesn't look like they have to kill every night, but they cannot win as a survivor.

batsnacks

RULE CLARIFICATION:

This is the SK role PM that is in the setup guide that this game is following:
wiki.mafiascum.net said:
Serial Killer

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Serial Killer.

Abilities:

Pregame you must choose to be either Investigation Immune or 1-Shot Bulletproof.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.

Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Think I know why Sophia died.

Way back in Danganronpa, we (scum) ended up in a pretty bad situation with a shitload of confirmed (or "confirmed") townies that outnumbered the pool of lynch able players (which included all the scum). Town was aware of its strong advantage, so the remaining scum chose to throw a curveball by NKing one of the few townies that could still have been lynched. It was hoped that this would spook town into changing course.

It was wholly unsuccessful, but there you go.

Tl;dr melon and Ty are scum gg wp

You got one right.

You want to be scum hunt for you Kawl? I did yesterday and put forth evidence that Ty was running a gambit against me. Today confirms it.

Thankfully this is a semi-open setup.

Doesn't look like they have to kill every night, but they cannot win as a survivor.

tbh the one i remembered clearly was kark from season 1, the others were imprinted upon by that particular SK set up, but yeah, i thought i have heard a few times in GAFia that SKs are generally compelled to attempt a kill every night.

but, mmm, i admit i didn't follow PW closely so i thank you for that information o7

AND TY AND BATSIE TO THE RESCUE. MUCH GRATEFUL <3

Kawl_USC

It's interesting to note that it seems from the win percentages on this set up type that SK cannabalizes scum win chance. It's also used as a way to weaken scum it seems compared to the amount of power roles town has.

I'm a bit disappointed we don't have a SK and apparently no vig.
If we do have a one shot lurking around can you shoot Ty pretty please?

im going to ISO a few players soon, just in case maf will kill me tonight, i wanna leave a good trail of thoughts.

first up is STANLEYPALMTREE

so he began with a post saying that he had expected the gafia meta to carry through to this game but apparently we were having a productive scumhunting D1 and he was surprised. he was also proclaiming #teampeek (bear this in mind, he later didn't report a peek) though he also questioned the plan:

you know i was hoping to use that community roomonfire gif when i finally got to post, but yall are acting completely civil and having reasonable discussions in here.
who are you and what have you done with Gafia?

anyway, while i wasn't able to post earlier, i did find a few moments to keep up with the thread and so i have had plenty of time to consider the peeking tom plan of action, and i honestly think its a good idea, cant find any reall problems with it.

consider me #teampeek

however, on that note i did think of a possible sticky situation that might arise from this plan that i dont think anyone else has mentioned.

it comes from the issue of having to maintain the facade of having confirmed another player to be certainly town, when you have no such confirmation. while you may have been heavily leaning town on this player when you made the peak claim, but if that opinion changes (as reads so often do) you are kinda stuck keeping it to yourself, which would be especially problematic if you may have picked up on something scummy about said player that others missed.

its a small issue, but one i do think we should consder.

then he followed through with a slight push towards the plan but with a persistent disclaimer against it, in that it had to be EVERYONE or that it would be pointless:

not a bad idea at all for how to get around this wrinkle,
my initial idea was to just hope it didn't happen, and in the event that it did the player who made the read would just have to use their best judgement on if breaking kayfabe was worth it, but this would work a lot better.
only issue with it is its another layer to the plan that everyone has to play by, else the whole thing becomes kinda pointless.

the next post is a little gem. he called sophia out for calling me for coasting. this is great because if there was anyone who was coasting at that stage, it would be stanley and terrabyte20xx.

This feels like a Brexit joke just waiting to happen

i got a weird feeling from Sophia's aggression here,
particularly getting on Yin's case about coasting posts, when we were like 8 hours into the game at that point so obviously people wouldn't have a a lot to talk about.
although the similar attitude toward both yin and sky stops me from thinking it was an early busing attempt, and more just an excessive attempt to put pressure on whoever she can.
probably not that bad of an idea in this bold new world of 24hr day phases

the following two posts are soft shades at kawl, but not enough to lay a vote. they are what i call FLUID POSITIONING posts, which are often a scummy tell:

well, while we are grasping at straws.

this bugged me,
though i cant decide if its the guilttriping people into going with his plan, or just setting up an easy opportunity to accuse someone of being scum.

for only that, no.
and i dont think anything else he has said today has set of any alarm bells.

then followed a few back and forth with cabot about cabot's joke-vote on me at the start of the game. not sure how i would describe them, except that they were another set statements saying that i was hard to read for him.

however, the two following posts after that made me townread stanley since he took a solid stance against someone without much prompts:

not much has happened yet to really make me think any particular player should be lynched.
right now point im probably leaning toward Lone or Terra.

i should be here for the days end (which i think might be a first for me) so hopefully ill have a more confident target then.

aw, you didnt see Caboot and Cobat? ill make sure to introduce you to them next time they are around. You all have a lot in common, i bet you would hit it right off.

actually i think ill put my money where my mouth is, in case i dont actually get to check in
day end is 9am for me, so the odds of me being up early enough to participate are... iffy

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

Makada noise's with your speaker hole!

Furthermore, he didn't move his vote at the end of the day, and this made me townread him a little further. He wasn't concerned about positioning his vote one way or another for later analysis.

*unintelligible noises of tiredness*

hello
iv had a moment to skim through the thread, wasnt able to go in on the huger posts (hopefully they were full of the usual hot air).
right now, i see no reason to move my vote on terra.

happy lynching everyone.

something something stanarcy

... alright that was Stanley on D1. Now D2, he began his posts with his consistent position at terra's butts:

very surprised to see L_P was cop, honestly was thinking he was scummy, but i guess that was just him trying to keep a low profile.

im still feeling the most scum from Terra, mostly for the same reasons as yesterday.
but i do feel somewhat conflicted about this now, mostly inretrospect of yesterdays vote coming down to a thunderdome (im using this term correctly, right?) between Hyper and Terra.
it just feels weird to think that scum would alow that kinda situation to happen.
but then 1 scum was already stuck in said thunderdome, so maybe the remaning scums efforts wouldn't have been enough to prevent it, and they didnt want to try to hard and risk coming off as obvious about it?

anyone, please stop me if this is sounding completely wrong, im honestly not used to playing mafia with... you know, logic.

cannnnn youuuu DIG IT?

Then he followed with a little post that I kinda liked, reminding everyone that we have to keep suspicion on everyone in play:

dude, remember our matrix game,

thinking like this completely lost us that game.

suspect evvvvveryyyyyyyyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

his next post was a little wishywashy, mostly saying that his hunches on hyper was correctish, and that he didn't report a peek cuz he thought it wasn't going to be useful.

sure.
before i had gone to sleep there was little movement against hyper so i had barely thought about him, i noticed that he hadn't said much outside of peek discussion, but there was still time in the day phase so i felt he still had plenty opportunity to contribute.

after waking up and quickly catching up, my skimming through gave me the impression that he was being overly defensive, dedicating all his effort trying to save himself instead of trying to actually contribute to town and find any other scum, which is an effort i always find more redeming than just saying "nuh uh" to whoevers acusing you.

but as i said it was a quick skim, and not something i would have felt confident putting my own vote toward, especially having skipped some of the larger posts.
but i didnt need to, because when catching up i saw that terra had barely made a single signifigant post, so my already fairly confident vote on him only felt better. (a feeling that still persists)
it was clear that it was going toward either hyper or terra being lynched, i was okay with either one. and felt it would be fine to leave it up to the rest of town.

having had the time to digest it all now i see my initial impression of hyper to be pretty much correct.
unfortunately i cant think of anything that jumped out at me in regards to his interactions with other players,
but im about to reread through the thread so hey hopefully that will give me something more substantial to go on.

and about the peek, i honestly thought i would be pointless now that the cop died, if there was still a real reason to go through with it that i have now screwed up then i am really sorry.

and more wishywashy note in the following post:

1. right now i only have a scummy vibe from sky (aside from terra i mean), but im feeling very out of date with the game right now, hence my going through the thread again.

2. well the points are sounding fine, but i barely remember most of what they are referring to so i want to look through it myself (with the context that these kinds of accusations often conveniently miss).

3. not really, but as i just said i didn't think it mattered anymore, so im inclined to think that anyone else not following through did so for the same reasons. its not a terrible place to go looking for scum, but i doubt the results will come out very convincing.

oh and speaking of the peeking thing.

Kawl, New Zealand is not "down under"
thats just Australia.
saying NZ is down under is not cool.

the next post had a defensive tone, because i called him out for not reporting a peek:

okay so were doubling down on this but i really dont understand it, what makes this so scummy?

from what i understand with the cop dead, there is a chance that we have a 1 shot cop, but how does peeking help them? whats stoping them from just coming out with thier 1 shot after its used if they arnt any special threat to scum anymore?

but the post after that had a hint of honest self awareness, saying that he realized his bias. not a winner of a post, but one that made me felt that he was genuine.

okay this does make more sense, still feels like its look for scum in the wrong place thouhg.
but obviously im just a tad completely biased here.

no brilliant insights just yet (well, actually something Fb said gave me a reall neat/insane idea for a ZTD themed mafia game.) but i am only halfway through my reread.
brains is feeling mushy today so its slow going.

although as for the post requirement im actually quite liking it, it feels like just the right motivation to be have the people who might otherwise be quite inactive (like me) keeping the discussion going.

then he voted against terra, which had been a consistent position with stan, this post made me townread him a little more:

good idea

in case i fall colapse mid read

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

but then his next post after was a little mixed bag. it read wishywashy on skyodin and melon, in fact, he sort of just adopted my position on sky-o. but i did notice that he came out quite openly about feeling good about sophia, with a reasoning of her playstyle.

well that took so much longer than it should have. honestly i dont think i even learned much from it.

i got good vibes from Sophia, suspicions against her seemed mostly unfounded, i got the feeling that people are unnerved by her rather detached analysis of other players, and they mistake that weird feeling for scum vibes.

Skyodin im on the fence about, logic points toward him being scum, but my gut is giving me feelings similar to what Yin described, that his inconsistencies and other mistakes are more from timidity, and trying hard to make more significant contributions to the game.
but then he also played the "well what when i flip town huh?" card and thats never a good sign.
all in all i give this a tenuous should probably maybe be lynched

for melon, maybe this is because im typing this at 2 am but i dont know whatthe hel to think here, i dont get any feeling either way. gahddamnit.

then he followed through with providing more explanation on his townread of sophia. this post was a good post in my book:

i think i made it sound like more than it was, but heres some that jumped out at me:

and if you will accept something the kind of thing that might be related but could also be a totally different thing.

but then he finished with another non-committal post:

because it was a small idea i got from reading through a whole lot of posts,
im not committed to the feeling and wasn't trying to convince anyone that it was fact, i just thought it was possible situation that was worth bringing to peoples attention.
sorry if i made it seem like it was more than that.

though to be fair, he has been consistently wishywashy about certain people (sky-o, fireblend, melon) and consistently not wishywashy about certain other people (terrabyte, sophia, me)

so, all in all, i read stanley as SLIGHTLY TOWN. just barely.

(sorry for the long read. took a while to put that together)

Lynch me today and YNNY tomorrow after I flip town. Instead of being idle and not accomplishing anything we need to focus on the long-term and better protect the town from scum further causing us to turn on each other. We got really lucky D1 and got hyper and I think they felt the pressure and are now laying the ground to steamroll us.

So what do we know?

There are likely 3 scums. Exact roles undetermined but we at least have some clues about who they are/were --

- Hyper was scum (and needs to stick to the dead thread)
- YNNY is scum or worse
- And now we have to look and determine whom the remaining scum is.

I believe Ty4on’s actions during the last two days have given enough evidence of suspicion. If you want to actually listen to specific again I’ll advise you to my previous posts.

Rereading the thread and giving special attention to how D2 closed. Sorian is there other person that stands out to me. Apparently this town has a short memory given how suspiciously Terra acted and now you’re not even questioning Sorian’s behavior and accept him as town when he basically took control of how the vote when down yesterday and made sure you lynched Sky.

If you recalled we had a 4-3 for Sky, Ty. The two votes for Terra were all but locked in because both Stan and YNNY were asleep.

Sorian swoops in to chats with Ty about how unlikely he was getting lynched:

Piggybacking on this as a I read more, the fact that Ty4on isn't changing behavior at all tells me he gives no shits about this accusation so either he is town with nothing to lose or he isn't worried about melon getting the lynch.
Melon has one vote and only Sky really going after her...

I... I don't think she's getting lynched :p

and then Sorian puts a vote on me (a safe questionable target):

So what is this now? 4-4 Sky and Ty4on? So we aren't extremely surprised here, I'm voting Sky if we come down to that, I'm not seeing scum Ty4on here. Sky is more likely if not my first choice. My first is fluctuating between cabot and melon. I'll change to this though for now.
VOTE: melonrabbit

The penalty for being wrong is a lost less with melon than it is with cabot considering that cabot seems to get his content in well enough.

Making sure to mention he’d switch to Sky last minute.

When it became 50/50 between Ty and Sky he was able to seamlessly move his vote over to Sky without anyone seeing that he was helping out his scummate:
We can make it officially 5-4 now though since GAF just went down for me for a few minutes and I don't want to accidentally be locked out of voting.

VOTE: SkyOdin

We got played.

VOTE: Sorian

Top Bottom