• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia I |OT| Why is it so small?

SkyOdin

Well, since I am probably going to be lynched, here are my final reads. Hopefully the browser won't eat this post a second time.

I think that there is a scum or SK in the top 5 town leaders: Kawl, Sophia, cabot, *Splinter, and Ty40n. I don't think more than one is scum, and the other scum is probably hiding among the low-activity posters. I generally read KAwl, Sophia and cabot as misguided townies, but all three give me pause. In particular, I think cabot set me up to be lynched at the end of Day 1 rather intentionally. Sophia mostly feels like she has been strangely missing the mark with her reads, and Kawl feels like he is actively pursuing a position above suspicion.

I think Fireblend and melon are both lying low for some reason. May be scummy, or might be PRs.

I generally think Stanley is town, but someone should press him more.

I read yenny as scum on day 1 and town on day 2. Not sure how to read her.

Finally, I leave figuring out Sorian to those of you still alive on Day 3. Good luck.

Ty4on

Well, since I am probably going to be lynched, here are my final reads. Hopefully the browser won't eat this post a second time.

I think that there is a scum or SK in the top 5 town leaders: Kawl, Sophia, cabot, *Splinter, and Ty40n. I don't think more than one is scum, and the other scum is probably hiding among the low-activity posters. I generally read KAwl, Sophia and cabot as misguided townies, but all three give me pause. In particular, I think cabot set me up to be lynched at the end of Day 1 rather intentionally. Sophia mostly feels like she has been strangely missing the mark with her reads, and Kawl feels like he is actively pursuing a position above suspicion.

I think Fireblend and melon are both lying low for some reason. May be scummy, or might be PRs.

Finally, I leave figuring out Sorian to those of you still alive on Day 3. Good luck.
Anything more about cabot?

Sorian

Banned

Gross, this doesn't read like scum last minute saving themselves but I don't see Ty4on as scum at all.

(No, I'm not last minute-swerving the vote).

batsnacks

Suddenly there were chickens. They were pouring out of the overhead compartment, flooding the train car. It was chaos as the chickens beat their feathers and squaked loudly.

The disembodied voice of Timeaisis came from one of the chickens, “60 seconds remain before you all fall asleep for some reason!”

SkyOdin and Ty4on were yelling at each other fiercely, accusing one another of being anti-Christmas. SkyOdin shoved Ty4on into the center of the mass of chickens. Ty4on charged at SkyOdin, bearing his fists.

The rest of the group formed a circle around the two combatants, ready for blood.

“Welcome to the machine.”, Kawl_USC exclaimed, as the two men began exchanging blows. “Two men enter, one man leaves.”

The chickens, as if under a sinister curse, began swarming. The group was engulfed in a cloud of chickens.

Blinded by the chicken cloud, someone in the group yelled, “I can’t see shit!”

The voice of Timeaisis came from a chicken that was hovering above the rest. “My life for Aiur!”, it exclaimed.

Just then, the swarm of chickens began dispersing, knocking over furniture and crashing out of the windows creating an amalgam of glass, feathers and debris. A single combatant remained in the makeshit ring. SkyOdin had vanished!

SkyOdin, the Vanilla Townie, has died.

PLAYERS:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m] Mafia Goon lynched D1
4. Kristoffer [m] replaced by Sophia [f]
5. Lone_Prodigy [m] Town Cop NKed D1
6. Terrabyte20xx [m] replaced by Sorian [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m] replaced by Fireblend [m]
10. SkyOdin [m] Vanilla Townie lynched D2
11. *Splinter [m]
12. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

NIGHT 2 WILL END:
red_1469826000.png

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
LINKS AND CURRENT COUNTDOWN
D1 Start
D1 Final Vote Count / Flip
D2 Start
D2 Final Vote Count / Flip

Timeaisis

The lounge train car was a mess. Chicken feathers and shattered glass were strewn about in addition to blood and excrement. Due to the sudden nature of players falling asleep they were lying on the floor, on of tables, and across seats. A couple of audible squawks could be heard from the chickens that were left behind from the previous night.

“IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!”, a voice buzzed through the television, startling the patrons awake. A frightening image of a young woman, long black hair covering her face, was crawling directly toward the screen. She extended her arms forward, through the television, and pulled herself through to the other side, flopping on the floor like a big mouth bass. The group watched this spectacle, horrified.

The creature stood and suddenly threw off a wig and costume, revealing Timeaisis beneath dressed in crass voodoo witch doctor garb. He was holding himself up with a cane and wearing a top hat.

It was at this point the patrons noticed that it was not morning at all. The night had extended into the day. Timeaisis cracked an evil grin, his eyes glistening with nefarious intent.

“And now...the RITUAL!”, Timeaisis exclaimed as he grabbed a chicken from under one of the seats.

He yelled fiercely, “When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s a’more!” He produced a knife from his coat pocket and slaughtered the chicken. The chicken went limp. Blood dripped from his hands, as the group looked on concerned.

Timeaisis smeared the blood of the chicken all over himself, chanting “That’s a spicy meat-a-ball!”

There was a fierce howl, and then an ear-splitting shriek. THUMP! A noise came from the top of the car. Everyone looked around in confusion. Heavy footsteps echoed off the top of the cabin. Then silence.

“DUN! DUN! DUN!”, an organ played violently. “What a terrible night for a curse!”

A dark entity flew through an open window. Batsnacks, THE WERE-BAT stood seven feet tall in front of the guests, craving blood. The lights on the train car flickered.

Just then, a cabin door flew open. Van RetroSing, monster hunter, emerged with a repeating crossbow loaded with silver tipped arrows.

“Die, foul beast!” he exclaimed as he fired a bevy of silver tipped arrows at the beast. The beast shrieked loudly and stumbles backwards as RetroSing continued to fire.

The moon was now retreating behind the clouds, WERE-BAT batsnacks was beginning to lose his power. As Van RetroSing fired another volley, batsnacks stumbled backwards towards the back of the caboose.

In a final attempt to avoid certain doom, batsnacks grabbed Timeaisis. Van RetroSing fired a final shot and they both fell out of the back of the caboose into a frozen river below.

Van RetroSing removed his hat and sat down at a table. “It will be back.” he said, exhausted. “My counterspell was not strong enough, Batsnacks’ power was too great. Some of you are not what they seem. Find the werewolves or die. You don’t have very long. Good luck.” Van RetroSing swung out of the train on a rope swing.

“Well fuck”, said cabot.

Once the confusion settled down, the group noticed one of their party was missing.

Sophia, the vanilla townie, has died.

PLAYERS:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m] Mafia Goon lynched D1
4. Kristoffer [m] replaced by Sophia [f] Vanille Townie NKed N2
5. Lone_Prodigy [m] Town Cop NKed N1
6. Terrabyte20xx [m] replaced by Sorian [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m] replaced by Fireblend [m]
10. SkyOdin [m] Vanilla Townie lynched D2
11. *Splinter [m]
12. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

Day 3 begins

DAY 3 WILL END:
red_1469912400.png

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
LINKS AND CURRENT COUNTDOWN
D1 Start
D1 Final Vote Count / Flip
D2 Start
D2 Final Vote Count / Flip

Sorian

Banned
Good thing I refreshed, I need to get used to pacific time, I was thinking all day that the game starts up at 5 and didn't even consider timezones.

Sup cabot, you said we could talk.

VOTE: cabot

Now that I actually read day 1, I was going to knock Splinter more for his weak Hyper vote near the end the first day but I have 24 hours.

Sorian

Banned
Kawl and you are both still alive.

I'm unimpressed with still being alive. Terra was the counter wagon on D1 and seemed to be in the hole yesterday before he subbed out. Kawl had that dumb heat over maybe being a SK even though it seems pretty clear there is no SK so yeah, I could have seen that one. Sophia doesn't seem that out of left field to me though, definitely in the scope of being doctor bait.

*Splinter

Can you elaborate on this?
LP and Sophia are poor choices. Both could have been lynched with little effort from scum.

Meanwhile we still have a confirmed town in the game. I assume he's being left alive until his survival is suspicious enough for an unexpected lylo lynch. But if scum keep killing like this they won't get to lylo.

Ty4on

I'm unimpressed with still being alive. Terra was the counter wagon on D1 and seemed to be in the hole yesterday before he subbed out. Kawl had that dumb heat over maybe being a SK even though it seems pretty clear there is no SK so yeah, I could have seen that one. Sophia doesn't seem that out of left field to me though, definitely in the scope of being doctor bait.

A non-zero amount of people were scum reading her yesterday. She seemed like the safe choice to me.

I never realized you had two votes at day end. You seemed like a likely target for being a replacement. Kill you before you could get anything done. Kawl because people trust him, but his idea of the remaining scum was proven wrong with Sky's flip.

Sorian

Banned
LP and Sophia are poor choices. Both could have been lynched with little effort from scum.

Meanwhile we still have a confirmed town in the game. I assume he's being left alive until his survival is suspicious enough for an unexpected lylo lynch. But if scum keep killing like this they won't get to lylo.

Is this more pocketing on Kawl like yesterday? Because it still looks that way.

Umm.

I'm not completely caught up on late D2. When did this happen?

Ty4on

VOTE: Ty4on

bye then.

No turbo ^_^

Plenty of time to answer my question:
00:57
I'm on my second strong coffee after coming home, this could be the one to help me finish reading Hyperactivity's posts.

I guess you could say....

giphy.gif

I'm ready for Hyperactivity.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
01:11
Sick reads just coming in via the teleproncter just now:

I don't think the three women are scum together.

Oh yeah, the coffee has hit.
01:17
OK, my votes on Terra though.

I'm eliminating the players I think have contributed nothing of worth today.

I've also been openly suspicious of one single player on my vote trail, you.

Kawl was a neutral/null and Splinter is uncertain because its Splinter. They're both active enough to not get my vote on D1 though.

But cool, yeah all suspicious cretins.
01:46
Apologies for inactivity. I was busy for most of the day, but I should be active till day end.
[...]
*some reads*
[...]
I don't like this post very much.
[...]
*why he doesn't like my reads*
*seriously way too long, click the post(s) if you want to see it*
[...]
02:06
Even going through Kawl's analysis of Hyperactivity was difficult, but I generally agree that he's not looking great.

His silence through most of today is alarming too, hoping he chimes in before day end.
Why did you spend so much time reading and analyzing my post when you were supposed to go through Hyper's posts?

Sorian

Banned
My read is that you think highly of your ability to come after people.

Yes

But the snark/flattery doesn't sub in for a real read.

A non-zero amount of people were scum reading her yesterday. She seemed like the safe choice to me.

I never realized you had two votes at day end. You seemed like a likely target for being a replacement. Kill you before you could get anything done. Kawl because people trust him, but his idea of the remaining scum was proven wrong with Sky's flip.

Yeah, I had afk votes stuck on me and I was waiting to see if anyone would be brazen enough to try a push there. Though I should expect that since we usually treat it as bad form to pile on a replacement, I'm surprised for how much Terra was getting shit, everyone has dropped him/me as a topic.

Fire and YOU voted for Sophia yesterday.

Yes

But the snark/flattery doesn't sub in for a real read.

My current D3 reads:

Ty is scum
Fire is likely scum
Kawl is 1911
*Splinter is giving me a headache
Stan is good
YNNY I'm null
cabot is here
Sophia is RIP
And there is you. Not loving you so far.

Top Bottom