• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Anth0ny

Yeah I guess so - lapsed fan episodes just don't always appeal to me cos I'm not interested in WCW stuff from them cos I never watched it, not too interested in the 80's stuff, so I was hoping I was missing another gem out there.

Listening to lapsed fan will make you interested in that stuff!

At the very least it's entertaining and educational. They never just cover the show... They read passages from books from wrestlers on the show, look at the behind the scenes of the Industry at the time, the industry as a whole going into the show and coming out of the show, how the show holds up compared to today's product, and most importantly.... Lapsed Vince's take on everything going on.

gun_haver

Not interested in WCW??

Yeah I just never watched it back in the day, was WWF only.

Nowadays there is so much wrestling happening now that if I feel like exploring something, I don't really have to go back in time most of the time. Also, WCW just feels like the 'old guys past their prime doing out of date stuff' show to me. I've never sat down and watched a WCW from start to finish, and I know they had a lot of great guys there - but every single one of them came to WWE and I still haven't caught up on all of that. Like Eddie, I still haven't really dug into his main event run, and that was in WWE.

Just never went into WCW and I probably never will!

Lothar

Banned

Nowadays there is so much wrestling happening now that if I feel like exploring something, I don't really have to go back in time most of the time. Also, WCW just feels like the 'old guys past their prime doing out of date stuff' show to me. I've never sat down and watched a WCW from start to finish, and I know they had a lot of great guys there - but every single one of them came to WWE and I still haven't caught up on all of that. Like Eddie, I still haven't really dug into his main event run, and that was in WWE.

The way to watch has always turn it off before the main event. Or in some cases just watch the cruiserweight division. I doubt there's anything happening now better than Guerrero, Malenko, Mysterio, Benoit, Jericho in their primes. The time to watch Eddie isn't when he became roided up and was a shell of his former self in WWE.

Does this mean you've never seen Jericho in WCW? Fucking shame.

Nekofrog

Banned

psichosis is love, psichosis is life.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm starting a cm punk chant at the bar tonight

I'm hoping for a lot of "bro, you know wrestlings fake right?" Comments

Swear on my life I remember watching some video of Chris Brown & Drake getting into a bar fight and everyone around them started chanting ECW.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It was you obviously. Damn mark.

giphy.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Some things I learned while looking up stuff for Backlash:

Dolph Ziggler keeps getting booked as the hungry kid desperate for a top spot despite being 36 years old and signed with the company since 2004.

Bray Wyatt hasn't won a match on PPV since July. Of last year.

Maybe they're taking Sasha out of the match because she's still hurt.
Bit weird how they handled it. The first two hours and its' events made it seem like Bayley vs Charlotte was set because Bayley beat her and then Sasha claimed she had her match for Clash of Champions.

Of course it might be just a triple-threat featuring all three of them with no suspensions and they don't want it advertised for a singles match.

Bit weird how they handled it. The first two hours and its' events made it seem like Bayley vs Charlotte was set because Bayley beat her and then Sasha claimed she had her match for Clash of Champions.

Of course it might be just a triple-threat featuring all three of them with no suspensions and they don't want it advertised for a singles match.

This is the WWE, they probably didn't think too far ahead

bjork

Had a line on a pretty cool car, got to the place and the guy was like "that's still online? we sold it a couple days ago." So I looked at a different place and saw a Volkswagen CC that seems pretty cool, but they also have a BMW Z4 that seems more fun. I told the guy I'd be back tomorrow, so I get some time to sleep on it. Provided I actually sleep today.

Do you not have medical insurance? You need a doctor, friend.

I do, but I really really really don't want to go visit a doctor's office and deal with all of that. It feels like if I could just lay down long enough, I'd be good. This just happened at a horrible time, mostly.

Observer fight pick em

WELTERWEIGHTS

All the focus for this show has been on this fight and it will be interesting to see how both guys respond to the spotlight. Punk is certainly used to it from his days on the top of WWE but this is new ground for Gall.

Gall actually has everything to lose here as theoretically he probably has 10-15 years of fighting ahead of him, while Punk could be one and done. He certainly couldn’t have more than five fights ahead of him. A win over Punk and all he did was beat an old non-athlete. A loss and it could end his career before it even starts. The oddsmakers aren’t giving Punk much of a chance, but he’s really made a career out of defying the odds.

Punk -- Fontaine

Gall (huge favorite) -- FRB, Frederick, Juon, Sawyer, Bix, Nason, Sempervive, Pollock, Meltzer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's time for #FinalBets, crackerjacks. Who ya got?!

#PunkWins

Zach

#PunkLoses

NeoGAF Vince McMahon

What? My ban bet is the opposite, I bet on Punk winning even though he won't.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fuck it, #PunkWins

I do enjoy that most people base Punk losing on vague reports from sparring losses (who leaked those, guys?) and year old documentary footage. Guy is working that kid and the MMA crowd and they don't even realize it.

Pretty sure Mickey is coming out to that song.
Is he? The Vlog Series had Dana saying he wanted something more tough and according to some people Mickey's been hinting he's going with a recent rap track or something.

Awesome if he does. Let the fighter come out to what they want, regardless if it doesn't scream 'tough guy'.

Top Bottom