• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Forkball

January Wrasslin |OT|: Palms 2 Foreheads

So who is Ryback supposed to face at WM? He's kinda doing nothing now that the Cena/Rock/Punk thing is going to likely happen.

KissVibes

Banned
I thought it was pretty dope. People in attendance were happy too.

Thanks to the appearance of Shark Johnson, ratings JUMPED with a big force! However the Entropia match dragged too long and we lost some ratings.

It's true, I put butts in seats. I had fans all the way from Brazil chanting my name!

Debuting me in the GWF was the smartest business decision ever made. Imagine if you had ads on these things, you'd make like 5 cents more per showing!

strobogo

Banned
False alarm. Fuck the story editor. I hate it. Do GWF shows actually get uploaded to the Community Creations so we can live and play the stories?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
False alarm. Fuck the story editor. I hate it. Do GWF shows actually get uploaded to the Community Creations so we can live and play the stories?

I do not upload them, no. There's not much to play. Maybe for the finale I'll keep it open-ended and let people create their own ending.

lilty

Just got around to watching GWF since the hotel internet was garbage last night. Great show, always keeps me entertained. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

tm24

PWG Threemendous III.

Best show of the year. HOLY SHIT.
We are such total bros. You're a good man FallingEdge

That main event, right? Crazy match. Also enjoyed Callihan/Elgin, and although their AAW match was better the PWG crowd were more into it. I wish all crowds were as crazed as the beered-up PWG crowds at the Reseda.

The Super Smash Brothers (c) vs Future Shock vs The Young Bucks - Ladder Match - (PWG 07/21/12)

PWG crowds are Chikara crowds without the self-imposed filter and with beer. Watch the match people. MOTY!

somedevil

Hulk Hogan to open "breastaurant":

In the last fews years, it's become commonplace for celebrities to release their own brands of liquor, their own wine labels and even open their own restaurants. Given the recent surge in the popularity of so-called "breastaurants" -- restaurants known just as much for their bosomy waitstaff as their menu items -- we suppose it was only a matter of time until a celebrity decided to cash in on that trend as well.

Hulk Hogan is that celebrity. On New Year's Eve, the former wrestling personality is set to open "Hogan's Beach," a 20,0000-square-foot beachfront property on the Courtney Campbell Causeway in Tampa Bay, Fla.

Hogan told the Tampa Bay Times that the the eatery is "going to be Jimmy Buffet's [Margaritaville] times 10; Hooters times 10." It'll be a "logical extension of the Hogan brand," he continued, with his image and likeness plastered about the place.

There's no word yet on what the waitstaff will wear (or not wear), but Hogan did reveal that the restaurant will feature a mechanical shark ride, volleyball courts, fire pits, cabanas and tiki huts. He also dished about the possibility of a reality show centered around the eatery. "CMT is very interested," he said, describing the would-be program as "Baywatch, Muscle Beach and Cheers all in one."

Since we first learned of the breastaurants mini-boom, we've discovered a slew of them that we never knew existed -- and learned how to eat in them without seeming creepy.

We suggest you read up before dining at Hogan's Beach.

I guess people who go there will also see all the TNA knockouts who need a 2nd job.

Doombear

That main event, right? Crazy match. Also enjoyed Callihan/Elgin, and although their AAW match was better the PWG crowd were more into it. I wish all crowds were as crazed as the beered-up PWG crowds at the Reseda.

The Super Smash Brothers (c) vs Future Shock vs The Young Bucks - Ladder Match - (PWG 07/21/12)

Holy shit... thank you for this! Best match I have seen this year, and that was cutting it damned close. Checking out the other amazing matches in that MOTY playlist. So many good ones in there.

Again inspired by strobogo's great WCW 2000 reviews, I reviewed another WWF 2000 PPV - this time Armageddon 2000. Below is a recap with tons of pics. To see my WrestleMania 2000 review, click here.

Armageddon 2000‬ - December 10, 2000 - Birmingham, Alabama - 14,920 in attendance

BACKSTAGE: Mr. McMahon arrives in a limo to the arena. Brisco asks him if he wants coffee. Pshh, doesn't Brisco know Mr. McMahon only drinks protein shakes?

MATCH 1: Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn vs. Lita & The Hardy Boyz
- They recapped Lita's "date" with Dean Malenko. Wow, Malenko was so boring.
aVKUQ.png

- The last two left in the elimination match were Lita and Malenko. Some good action between the two - Lita hit a moonsault from the top rope, Malenko hit a superplex off the top rope.
- FINISH: Malenko over via Texas Cloverleaf. Post-match, Skinny Michael Cole interviews Lita, who says she can beat Malenko.

BACKSTAGE: Lilian Garcia interviews WWF Champion Kurt Angle, who's warming up. Angle goes on about his gold medals.

MATCH 2: European Championship Match: William Regal vs. Hardcore Holly
- Regal cut a pre-match heel promo on the Alabama crowd. "There's an invention that we have had in England for hundreds of years called a handkerchief," made me laugh.
- FINISH: Regal over when Raven interferes and DDTs Holly when the Ref's back was turned.
WXnX1.png

BACKSTAGE: Kevin Kelly interviews Rikishi, who says nothing basically.

MATCH 3: Val Venis (of Right To Censor) vs. Chyna
- Pre-match, Chyna makes her entrance, firing a giant pyro gun into the rafters.
EoHQU.png

- Right To Censor's entrance with the alarm and censor symbol was simple, but effective, albeit annoying as shit.
FjR5m.png

- FINISH: Chyna ran after Ivory, but Val cut her off and hit a fisherman's suplex for the win.

BACKSTAGE: A young, hot Stephanie chats with Mr. McMahon.
rVkGw.png

VT: Earlier today, Kevin Kelly interviews Biker Taker, whose arm takes up 80% of the screen.
KXHFX.png

IN RING: Mr. McMahon, with Patterson and Brisco, walks to the ring to waste PPV time and talk about how he recently filed for divorce against Linda. Cut to 10 years later when she spends 100 million dollars on two failed Senate campaigns.

MATCH 4: Last Man Standing Match: Y2J vs. Kane
- Jericho hit a cool Lionsault on Kane, who had a steel chair on top of him. Kane sat up at 9. I wish he'd sit up like that nowadays - looks so badass.
- Jericho reversed a chokeslam and bulldogged Kane through a table near the entrance way, but the crowd didn't pop at all.
- FINISH: Jericho pushed a ton of barrels on top of Kane (who was obviously protected from being hit - think Wade Barrett being "hit" by a ton of chairs by Cena).
aWGJL.png

BACKSTAGE: Coach tries to get a word with Debra. She leaves and he gets a word with Commissioner Foley.
5zP6r.png

AT WWF NEW YORK: HBK is interviewed about Hell In A Cell via satellite by JR.
GiEPg.png

IN ARENA: A few "Birmingham Bolts" of the XFL are in attendance.
ms2iS.png

MATCH 5: Edge & Christian vs. Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Road Dogg & K-Kwik
- Road Dogg & K-Kwik "rap" on the way to the ring. It hurt my ears, and most of the crowd looked on in confusion.
4tJm5.png

- FINISH: Edge & Christian cheated to win the Titles. "This reeks of sucking," declares JR.

BACKSTAGE: A young, hot Stephanie tells Triple H to be careful.
5nbW5.png

MATCH 6: Intercontinental Championship: "The One" Billy Gunn vs. Chris Benoit
- I'd love to know who this guy is and if he's still a wrestling fan today.
Z1Y3t.png

- Benoit kicked out of the Fameasser, then applied the cross face, but Billy got to the ropes.
- The two were talking pretty loudly the whole match, and there were some botches.
- FINISH: Benoit applied the cross face, and Billy tapped.

VT: Earlier today, JR interviews Stone Cold. Austin talks up how much he wants the WWE Championship.

MATCH 7: Women's Championship Match: Ivory vs. Molly Holly vs. Trish Stratus
m03W9.png

- Impressive spot where Trish did a monkey flip on Molly who landed on her feet and walked into a clothesline from Ivory.
- Such a shame this match lasted just 2 minutes while Benoit/Billy Gunn lasted 10.
EyJiR.png

- FINISH: Molly hit a powerbomb on Trish, but Ivory stole the win. Post-match, Test and Albert came out to pick on Molly. Crash came out for the save, then The APA came out to save Crash.

BACKSTAGE: Kevin Kelly interviews The Rock, who says nothing.

Match 8 - WWF Championship Match: Kurt Angle vs. Triple H vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker vs. The Rock vs. Rikishi
- Such star power in this match, well except for heel Rikishi.
- Nice sequence where everyone hit their finishers and everyone else would break up the pin.
- Love how Rock sold the Olympic Slam by bouncing off the mat.
tj0YV.png

- Out of nowhere, Vince and the Stooges ride down to ringside on the back of a flatbed truck. Vince instructs some workers to rip "the whole damn cell down". Foley came out and kicked them all out, but the truck stayed there.
rXg7X.png

- The wrestlers escape the cell and fight on top of the cars. Triple H hits a pedigree on The Rock on the top of a car.
hYpNR.png

- Some of them make it to the top of the cell.
GiRLV.png

- The big spot in the match occurs when Undertaker chokeslams Rikishi off the cell onto the flatbed truck.
7yRjm.png

- It's pretty obvious Rikishi falls onto a padding of some sort.
4z3Bj.png

- Rock sold the Stunner like only Rock can.
BkPs2.png

- FINISH: A bloody Angle steals the win from Stone Cold and pins The Rock. Post-match, Austin stuns Angle to send the crowd and viewers home happy.
iqcgV.png

Thanks for reading!

strobogo

Banned
I'm not sure a tits restaurant is a logical extension of the Hogan brand. At all. For a guy who just lost half or more of his money, opening up a themed novelty restaurant seems like a terrible way to invest what you have left.

I'm not sure a tits restaurant is a logical extension of the Hogan brand. At all. For a guy who just lost half or more of his money, opening up a themed novelty restaurant seems like a terrible way to invest what you have left.

Who says it's Hogan's money? I'm sure Dixie thinks this is great for TNA.

WHICH TNA, though, is up for speculation.

strobogo

Banned
I remember the 6 man HIAC not being nearly good as it should have been, but I watched it too many years ago and it was a lot better than I remembered. WWE was always pretty good at structuring big multi man matches like that. WCW and TNA never got it right. Well, WCW did before 1998 or so. Early 90s Wargames were the best.

G-Fex

I remember the 6 man HIAC not being nearly good as it should have been, but I watched it too many years ago and it was a lot better than I remembered. WWE was always pretty good at structuring big multi man matches like that. WCW and TNA never got it right. Well, WCW did before 1998 or so. Early 90s Wargames were the best.

fuck yeah man. giant caged double ringed matches.

So good.

MC Safety

It's no gold mine like Pastamania, for sure.

strobogo

Banned
Hey, I was at this show!

Must have been awesome. i cri every time i c dis. Once it gets to a hug and a kith to stheal the deal, I have goosebumps. And I've seen that at least 20 times.

I'm staying in tonight, does that make me a loser guys?!

No. Maybe. I was going to stay in and drink gin and blackberry pomegranite juice while eating twizzlers/Scooby Snacks/honey Chex mix, but I got maybe 1/4th through the drink and remembered that I fucking hate the taste of alcohol. So I'm just going to eat all my snacks and rewatch the Plinket Star Wars reviews until I fall asleep. This drink is disgusting. I only got drunk for the first time a few weeks ago with gin and tonic and it wasn't too bad. But every subsequent drink I make is worse and worse. this is 3/4ths juice and it makes me gag. So I'm going to eat snacks and send pizza roll requests to a webzone instead.

Laserfrog

I'm only an hour away to the whole of the next year, what will it bring? Pain? Sadness? Or the joy of joys? Tune in next time to find out!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
January thread is up, enjoy the First Annual WrassleGAF Awards!

We are such total bros. You're a good man FallingEdge

PWG crowds are Chikara crowds without the self-imposed filter and with beer. Watch the match people. MOTY!

Holy shit... thank you for this! Best match I have seen this year, and that was cutting it damned close. Checking out the other amazing matches in that MOTY playlist. So many good ones in there.

Yeah dood just simply amazing. The superkick spot off the ladder was my favorite part. I didn't think they could top their last match but they did. Just fantastic stuff.

And I'm officially a Brian Cage mark. HE'S A FUCKING MACHINE.

Top Bottom