• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Hoping that when
Beerus fights Zamasu he goes all in from the start. No taunting or showing off like the Goku fight, just go straight to the kill right away.
Make him someone to "fear" again, in a way. I think he and Whis have sorta become "best buddies" to main cast in a way that kinda takes away that "awe" we first got when he showed up.

My opinion of course, though even having said that I have quite enjoyed his silly moments a lot. :)

Slaythe

He forgot the date, time, and even the city where the androids show up. Out of all the information he got, they would be the most important parts.

He did not forget about them. Nothing states he did.

Goku was hesitant to talk because he didn't know where to start and feared he would ruin Trunks' secret.

Maybe an anime addition ? I'm not gonna check, but it's not in the manga.

42cc8b74ea69fe03a5e3c8163d7c36c5.png

I was just saying that in the theoretical situation where Goku would forget, considering the info dump and shock value, that would have nothing to do with being the hyperactive moron that wants to fight 24/7, that bullies people into fighting, which is his depiction in Super.

awesome dude, keep it up. would love to see more

tbh this thread can use more fan art

here is a trunks i sketched in between portfolio work. just needed to get him out of my system really

3jB0C98m.jpg

it'd hard as hell to get loose while still adhering to the db style

here's some piccolo noodling too

sIWm0AHm.jpg

wanna do more fan art when i'm done with my portfolio. i'm ignited af

I love that Trunks, this is awesome Olympia !

You have a link to your portfolio :D ?

HeroR

Goku was hesitant to talk because he didn't know where to start and feared he would ruin Trunks' secret.

I was just saying that in the theoretical situation where Goku would forget, considering the info dump and shock value, that would have nothing to do with being the hyperactive moron that wants to fight 24/7, that bullies people into fighting, which is his depiction in Super.

I love that Trunks, this is awesome Olympia !

You have a link to your portfolio :D ?

Are you sure you didn't take the page after Piccolo reminded him?

And Goku 'bullied' Beerus into fighting him and he didn't have to 'bully' anyone in Z since everyone wanted to kill him anyway. Also Goku didn't forget the Senzus because he was hyperactive. He went to restroom and accidentally left them, which happens in real life.

Sheroking

And Goku 'bullied' Beerus into fighting him and he didn't have to 'bully' anyone in Z since everyone wanted to kill him anyway. Also Goku didn't forget the Senzus because he was hyperactive. He went to restroom and accidentally left them, which happens in real life.

I know I always forget my magic healing beans in the shitter.

Slaythe

I did. Just to prove he's capable of retaining the information.

NOTHING, nothing states that Goku forgot the dates or location of the event. Nothing.

Goku was trying to figure out how to share the information without messing up Trunks' existence, and got interrupted by the gang asking him right away.

Piccolo offered to do the talking, but in no way does that imply Goku didn't remember anything.

Which is what you stated, so I'd like to see your proof.

This is dumb. He didn't force a fight with Kaioshin when he met him, with Kaio, with Enma, we can go on and on.

He forced a fight with Beerus, with Monaka, with Zamasu, he would have done so with Xeno if Beerus hadn't stopped him at this rate.

And it doesn't change the fact that he is hyper all the time. And now he's super clumsy too. The amount of times he's "fell" in this show, through the course of 50 episodes, is 4 times the number of times he fell through DB and DBZ.

I don't know what you're trying to defend here, his depiction is different in Super. You're not gonna find many people that will disagree with that statement.

edit :

And I never talked about him forgetting the senzu beans so drop the argument already.

HeroR

I did. Just to prove he's capable of retaining the information.

NOTHING, nothing states that Goku forgot the dates or location of the event. Nothing.

Goku was trying to figure out how to share the information without messing up Trunks' existence, and got interrupted by the gang asking him right away.

Piccolo offered to do the talking, but in no way does that imply Goku didn't remember anything.

Which is what you stated, so I'd like to see your proof.

This is dumb. He didn't force a fight with Kaioshin when he met him, with Kaio, with Enma, we can go on and on.

He forced a fight with Beerus, with Monaka, with Zamasu, he would have done so with Xeno if Beerus hadn't stopped him at this rate.

And it doesn't change the fact that he is hyper all the time. And now he's super clumsy too. The amount of times he's "fell" in this show, through the course of 50 episodes, is 4 times the number of times he fell through DB and DBZ.

I don't know what you're trying to defend here, his depiction is different in Super. You're not gonna find many people that will disagree with that statement.

edit :

And I never talked about him forgetting the senzu beans so drop the argument already.

I was talking about after Piccolo told everyone about the androids. After that, Goku didn't have to be so secretive.

With Yemma and King Kai, he wanted to train under them since he knew they were stronger than him, so why would he want to fight them?

I have seen all the series, and Goku isn't that much different from before, although Toei do play up his childishness for comedy, just like they did in that driving episode that fans seems to love. Toriyama helped write Battle of Gods and he had him picked a fight with Beerus. In both the anime and the extra in the Super manga, he picked a fight with Monaka so it was most likely in Toriyama's notes. He never tried to fight Zen-O, so I am not sure where you're getting that from. He only wanted to shake his hand. He also never tried to fight the Grant Priest, only saying that he felt a lot of power from him.

No, he isn't hyper all the time. He's more hyper than in Z, where crap was happening everyone five minutes, but he isn't hyper 24/7.

I don't agree with those who say Goku is more stupid in Super, and it's my right to voice my opinion. Just like you have no problem voicing yours. And why would I care if many people disagree or agree with me?

Slaythe

With Yemma and King Kai, he wanted to train under them since he knew they were stronger than him, so why would he want to fight them?

So what, he wanted to fight with Roshi too. Roshi is the one that didn't want to ...

And since when has the knowledge of the opponent being stronger ever stopped Goku ?

I have seen all the series, and Goku isn't that much different from before, although Toei do play up his childishness for comedy, just like they did in that driving episode that fans seems to love.

His actions are not the problem. I'd agree his actions are pretty much the same as usual.

His overall behavior is. He wasn't like that even as a child. His portrayal has changed a lot.

Toriyama helped write Battle of Gods and he had him picked a fight with Beerus.

Yeah but it worked fine in Battle of Gods.

It had been years since Buu, Goku didn't have a proper adversary in forever. That was representing our excitement for new dragon ball stories, Goku was getting a new enemy to fight and couldn't wait to face him !

It works. The problem is that, making this Goku's new personality when he is fighting powerful people regularly, makes it tiresome.

In both the anime and the extra in the Super manga, he picked a fight with Monaka so it was most likely in Toriyama's notes.

Yeah except he did not. In the manga he only said he wanted to fight Monaka, and Beerus refused.

In Super he insisted several times, he hit Monaka, OK. What I don't accept is how he dragged a crying Monaka that clearly refused to fight him, and Goku gave no shit. Thus why I called him a bully.

Just like Zamasu refused to fight him, and Goku kept insisting until people lost patience and just agreed. This is insufferable to watch, for me.

He never tried to fight Zen-O, so I am not sure where you're getting that from. He only wanted to shake his hand. He also never tried to fight the Grant Priest, only saying that he felt a lot of power from him.

Because he was being heavily controlled by the other Gods to force him not to mess up. He totally would have done so otherwise.

No, he isn't hyper all the time. He's more hyper than in Z, where crap was happening everyone five minutes, but he isn't hyper 24/7.

He is hyper 90% of the time in Super though.

f6cefdca30c75a9d5b352ce9eb752d80.png

And he wasn't hyper in Dragon Ball where shit didn't happen for long period of times. I'm rereading the first books right now actually, and I'm loving it. Goku is patient and tolerant most of the time. He's cute and naive.

That's not what I'm seeing in Super. So I disagree that he is like his child counterpart.

I don't agree with those who say Goku is more stupid in Super

I never said he was more stupid in Super.

I said his depiction is different. And that he was hyper and impatient. I didn't say he was more stupid. I said his actions were pretty much equal to himself.

His actions and his portrayal are two different things.

, and it's my right to voice my opinion. Just like you have no problem voicing yours. And why would I care if many people disagree or agree with me?

Well if you don't care about us why should we care about you ? It's a forum, it's a discussion.

But we state our opinion accepting that other people can disagree, whenever it is subjective, if it has to do with objective matter, you have to be prepared to reconsider things.

If you see that a huge chunk of people have a different opinion, the least you can do is understand why. That doesn't mean your opinion has to change, but it would be a more educated one.

Trying to see the two sides of an argument, there might be good points in both.

Tsunamo

After rewatching some of GT again I much prefer GT Goku over Super Goku.

Didn't think i'd utter those words when Super started, but here we are.

jstripes

Banned
I love the fact that the main villain in this arc is essentially an internet edgelord pissbaby. Right down to using "hax" to fight his battles. (Time ring, immortality, and potentially a bot.)

longdi

Banned
Does Japan have those feedback polls where they ask viewers what they think of Goku in Super?

To be fair, in DB/DBZ, most of the time when we see Goku, he will be either in training or fighting baddies, there was little down time to show his hyper-active sickness.

Maddness

Definitely in the anime at least, I actually just watched this episode maybe 2 days ago. Krillin even makes a comment that it's a good thing Piccolo listened or they wouldn't have any of the info.

Azerare

Yeah but it worked fine in Battle of Gods.

It had been years since Buu, Goku didn't have a proper adversary in forever. That was representing our excitement for new dragon ball stories, Goku was getting a new enemy to fight and couldn't wait to face him !

Maybe i time traveled to an alternate universe but I thought Battle of Gods took place like 6 months after buu. So that's still pretty fresh when everything got eradicated.

Slaythe

Maybe i time traveled to an alternate universe but I thought Battle of Gods took place like 6 months after buu. So that's still pretty fresh when everything got eradicated.

That's wrong.

Pan is 4 years old in the epilogue. Which takes place 10 years after Buu.

Videl is pregnant in Battle of Gods.

Super Goku is cute. I'd rather he be like he is in Super than being boring and serious all the time.

Well it's called balance.

Goku wasn't super serious all the time before, but he wasn't mcdonalding eyes h24/7 either.

I'd say the balance is off in Super. But that's just my opinion.

To me I use to look at it as luffy was a reincarnated goku but more stupid. Now it feels like they took that and made goku that same way because I definitely never took goku as a straight up idiot like he's been in super

Slaythe

To me I use to look at it as luffy was a reincarnated goku but more stupid. Now it feels like they took that and made goku that same way because I definitely never took goku as a straight up idiot like he's been in super

We live in a world where Goten appears more mature than his dad in Super.

The tragedy.

I mean, if he were still on this show.

It's really weird they decided to write him out entirely.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
God ki is too powerful for mortal minds, it has degraded Goku's over time and made him an idiot. With Vegeta it just made him a better dad. Via brain damage!

This is canon.

God ki is too powerful for mortal minds, it has degraded Goku's over time and made him an idiot. With Vegeta it just made him a better dad. Via brain damage!

This is canon.
Whis realizing this decides it's not safe for goku and Vegeta so combined with Zeno he uses his time rewind to make everything in super like it never happened therefore gt stays in the continuity..muahahaha

ElFly

I used to like Goku but he's awful in Super.

rebuttal

tumblr_nwenb4jNgL1uw4h4no1_500.gif

Goku definitely forgot in the manga

then Piccolo states the information correctly

then a couple of pages the frame you posted happens

of course you are also forgetting mass murderer Goku from the red ribbon saga. dude just killed like a million troops just because reasons

and of course you are also forgetting Goku actually pulling out becoming a farmer. well, he skipped the last leg of the harvest and left it to Piccolo/Krillin, but it still happened

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We live in a world where Goten appears more mature than his dad in Super.

The tragedy.

I mean, if he were still on this show.

It's really weird they decided to write him out entirely.
More like, it's really weird how they decided to write so many characters out for this specific threat. It's why I said this arc feels too isolated at the moment.

Blader

More like, it's really weird how they decided to write so many characters out for this specific threat. It's why I said this arc feels too isolated at the moment.

With the exception of Gohan, which character has been written out for this arc that could possibly contribute anything?

Reset

Well to be fair what were the other characters going to do when Goku and Trunks got their ass beat. They already showed how worthless Gotenks was when he lost to a Base Vegeta clone, and Gohan had the most humiliating moment out of anyone against Frieza.

I remember somebody posting in this thread that they should have kept Vegeta, Trunks, and Goku in the future trying to stop Black and the Future Green Kai. They should have done that and and given some sort of minor/moderate threat in the present like maybe stopping the Green Kai(he doesn't seem that powerful in the present). I mean Piccolo had the second best fight in the show so far (after Trunks + Goku vs Green Kai + Black), and he was fighting a Frieza clone who was pretty weak, so it's not like they have to get a massive power up or fight someone really strong to have some good fights. :I

Blader

let's be clear that Gohan got a p satisfying happy ending send off

I agree, but I assume Gohan living his dream life as a scholar and family man is not Kagari's ideal way of writing him into the story :lol

I do kind of expect Champa's team, or at least Hit and Cabba, to get involved again if Black and Zamasu spread beyond just alternate future U7.

ElFly

I mean none of the silly behavior Goku has displayed will rate worse than NOT TAKING THE HEART MEDICINE THE GUY FROM THE FUTURE GAVE HIM

if anything, Goku has actually become less stupid due to the bottom, brain dead stupidity shown in the Cell saga

I agree, but I assume Gohan living his dream life as a scholar and family man is not Kagari's ideal way of writing him into the story :lol

even then you have to admit that it was a great contrast to Future Trunks' own life

Slaythe

there's a panel three pages before where he says he forgot

Oh I see. Well this is why I was mistaking :

46a8937a5adc6b6b871a88a13b68fc0a.png

I was wrong. I was focusing on when Goku came back from his talk with Trunks.

And since Piccolo retold everything in between, I didn't assume Goku actually didn't listen to piccolo.

My bad.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!! This is hype.

I wish they would add some characters to Extreme Butoden. Android 17 and 16 etc...

I also wish these were out on NX so we could play with on a proper console that doesn't have shit controls T.T .

I'm sure in the coming years we will get another DB fighter for the NX. It's like a tradition at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom