• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alleged Destiny 2 Poster Leaks - Sep 8th Release

deleted

I'm absolutely sure it'll come to PC. Crossplay on the other hand? Doubtful. It's a FPS. It just doesn't work competitively.

I know it's reaching, but hey - it could work. Would love to play with a buddy who has no PC but plays Rocket League with us on PS4 quite often.

You could limit it to PVE Coop like Gears 4.

Ehhhhhhh... it's still a MMO. I don't know much about Destiny, but with other MMOs the PvE aspect is also highly competitive. You'd get guilds that would deny entry for console players, console users being kicked from raids, the PvE "rankings" would be mostly PC. Unless Activision does something revolutionary I can't see how they'd balance that for both platforms.

I know it's reaching, but hey - it could work. Would love to play with a buddy who has no PC but plays Rocket League with us on PS4 quite often.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it too, but I can't see it happening without some heavy and smart work.

I'm interested to see how the sequel turns out but the first one after the initial few months really went wrong for me, overpriced "expansions", nerfing to many weapon skills, balance issues between PVP and PVE, slow fixes, a very barebones ending to the current story, they have a lot to do.

Ehhhhhhh... it's still a MMO. I don't know much about Destiny, but with other MMOs the PvE aspect is also highly competitive. You'd get guilds that would deny entry for console players, console users being kicked from raids, the PvE "rankings" would be mostly PC. Unless Activision does something revolutionary I can't see how they'd balance that for both platforms.

Very good point, I honestly had not though about that. :/

Xtars

Hope its 3rd person

giphy.gif

Eggbok

I did some shopping, the number 2 doesn't look so bad when it's small, though I do think the roman numeral II looks cooler.
Either way I'm kinda excited for Destiny 2, I had fun for the most part of what I played in the first.

deleted

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it too, but I can't see it happening without some heavy and smart work.

But all that stuff already works for S-E MMOs, like FFXIV and DQX, right?

Everything gets focus tested in marketing.

E v e r y t h i n g

True but it's a weird thing to comment on. Just as weird for me to reply I guess haha

I want to believe this is real, I really do but I'm staying sceptical cos if I get too excited I'll flip out. It's been a really big week in my life and this would tip me over the edge

But all that stuff already works for S-E MMOs, like FFXIV and DQX, right?

Sure, but those aren't a FPS. The difference between a gamepad and M+KB in those types of games aren't that big, so the players mostly don't care. But for a FPS it's night and day.

wbEMX

Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit

If this is legit, does that mean we'll get the reveal before E3? Count me the fuck in!

Also, this. #TeamExo
wtf is with the humanist bs on that poster?

everyone knows ExoGuardians are the best. Y'all humans were nothing but bones before Dinklebot found you; us Exo were merely rusty.

I'm really excited for the beta. Destiny 1 beta was so much fun. Had a blast that summer playing destiny and mario kart 8 exclusively.

Couldn't be more excited

FelipeMGM

This is going to be on 15 other gaming sites at the end of the week.

one follower already tweeted at me asking if I had seen the ''Sony E3 conference sheet''

the original AAMARMO pic clearly indicates its fan made, but someone cropped the part where it shows that and posted...

Does everyone think they'll stick with a 3 man fireteam? The poster hints at it showing just the 3 people but I was really hoping they'd up it to 4

deleted

Sure, but those aren't a FPS. The difference between a gamepad and M+KB in those types of games aren't that big, so the players mostly don't care. But for a FPS it's night and day.

Those aren't FPS though.

Sure, shouldn't be that big a deal for the coop part, right? (Haven't played D1 though)
Matchmaking for competitive is most likely on different servers either way, so that should probably be left on each system.

Floody

Hope everybody is ready for 15 minutes of Destiny at the Sony presser this year!

Be a great 15 minutes! Really can't wait to see what they do with 2, I imagine gameplay will be similar, but really wanna know how open the worlds will be.

Fbh

This would confirm its comming this year so that's cool.

The poster itself is really shitty though.

Top Bottom