• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm in the UK and we're now on British Summer Time...I know the reveal is a little over an hour away elsewhere in the world but does the clock change mean I've already missed it here!? How far away is it here!?

Dude... I hope you are joking.

If you are not, the reveal is going to be in 1 hour 17 minutes, no matter where in the world you live.

Hi,

I'm in the UK and we're now on British Summer Time...I know the reveal is a little over an hour away elsewhere in the world but does the clock change mean I've already missed it here!? How far away is it here!?

It's just over 1 hour away no matter what time zone people are in.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
For the last time, it isn't being streamed.

From their Discord chat;

No stream, there will be several articles live on Eurogamer, plus two videos on the DF YouTube channel and one on the EG YouTube channel. All going live at 2pm

Why is that?

Well for several reasons. For example the Xbox One has only been available for three years in some countries like mine, The Netherlands and 4 in the other countries. That's not a whole lot. Plus if every game from now on would only work on Scorpio that would mean Xbox One owners have nothing left to play. Maybe it's not a stab in the back, that's too extreme but it would be asking for trouble.

I bet plenty of people would be extremely pissed off and not bother with Xbox anymore. At least one friend of mine really isn't planning on buying a new console already and he's contend with his X1.

If there are any 4K videos, please have the direct feed available for download. Compressed Youtube quality won't do!

Also MS get them up on your servers too, thanks!

Space_nut

I promised myself I wouldn't, but...
Bumpin.gif

Lol

Best gaf

The Eurogamer 'filter' has Scorpio as a separate 'platform' to the Xbox One. http://www.eurogamer.net/

qwORJtT.png

I've not seen this before, it may have been there for sometime. It may have been introduced today because of the upcoming 'Scorpio' news. The PS4 Pro/Neo may have had it's own 'platform' filter previously.

Make of it what you will...

Betty

Banned
Plus if every game from now on would only work on Scorpio that would mean Xbox One owners have nothing left to play. Maybe it's not a stab in the back, that's too extreme but it would be asking for trouble.

I really don't think that'd be the case, Microsoft would have to know they're screwing over their consumers by doing this.

If Scorpio just happens to be a true blue fully next gen console though then that's another matter, but it most likely won't be.

jelly

Nothing will be revealed as Eurogamer goes down at 2pm.

I suppose the CPU could be separate then they do an APU in a revision.

JaffeLion

Banned
Plus if every game from now on would only work on Scorpio that would mean Xbox One owners have nothing left to play. Maybe it's not a stab in the back, that's too extreme but it would be asking for trouble.

I bet plenty of people would be extremely pissed off and not bother with Xbox anymore. At least one friend of mine really isn't planning on buying a new console already and he's contend with his X1.

This is NOT true. Maybe in 3-4 years Scorpio will have games that will not run on Xbox one. But NO WAY when Scorpio releases. Stop with this bullcrap. Or do you have any proof on this? Did anyone from MS or something say that?

Diablos

The CPU has to be somewhere in between Jaguar and Zen if there's all this talk of surprise.

Jaguar is such a underwhelming CPU so any kind of unexpected enchancenents would be a welcome improvement

I saw some videos posted on YouTube yesterday that teens apparently nowadays prefer Xbox over Playstation. Any truth to that? Because not so long ago that certainly wasn't the case,lol.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
For the billionth time BF 1, Witcher 3, Doom are not held back by PS4, XB1 and weaker PCs.

Assassins Creed Syndicate for example reduced the NPC count compared to Unity because Jaguar couldn't handle it. This definetly doesn't apply to all games but to some. You don't know what devs would do with more CPU power. We will have to wait for PS5 to find out I guess.

Yager

Banned
Well for several reasons. For example the Xbox One has only been available for three years in some countries like mine, The Netherlands and 4 in the other countries. That's not a whole lot. Plus if every game from now on would only work on Scorpio that would mean Xbox One owners have nothing left to play. Maybe it's not a stab in the back, that's too extreme but it would be asking for trouble.

But they've already said that games would be compatible. Although I'm sure in the future, the Scorpio will get exclusives that won't run in Xbox One.

This is NOT true. Maybe in 3-4 years Scorpio will have games that will not run on Xbox one. But NO WAY when Scorpio releases. Stop with this bullcrap. Or do you have any proof on this? Did anyone from MS or something say that?

Dude....

I know it's not true. That's why I said IF, someone asked me why and I explained what I meant. It's just a "What if" scenario.

Bumhead

Banned

Things are starting to get tense.

Chill out, folks.

TBiddy

Considering they've time and time again have stated how commited they are to keeping your library available, moving to a next gen today won't suddenly invalidate all your old purchases. But then again, they did it with WP, two times, so you never know.

Don't worry about DF and 4K, they have it covered. https://www.digitalfoundry.net/ you can go to their website to get their source recordings of games they make videos on. You have to pay, so whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

Yeah having to pay to see what the Scorpio can really do is not a good idea. MS need to have footage up if that's the case.

Not that I think there will be much. I can see MS doing the first Forza 7 reveal very soon though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom