• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaiido

KuGsj.gif
dat'l do it

Even with that higher clockrate it shouldn't make any sense, everyone else has lag/fps issues so I don't think he has a better performance as anyone else.

I created my character and went into game and I can see the ui but the rest of the screen is purple lol, looks like I wont be able to play this weekend.

I will live through this thread though lol

Alright, in the Guild now thanks to Ferny. Is Guild chat busted for everyone else too? IT says "not in a guild" when I try and use it.

Edit: Nevermind, I am just dumb :D

So this shit is awesome.

Just did an event with about 80 people in a mine which included collecting ore in the Norn area. After handing it in, the questgiver ran off to another area and started selling some really nice weapons, but nobody else noticed but me. HAHA

Since it's CPU bound does it use all four cores if you have quad core? Also, would setting the priority/affinity in task manager do anything?

Although if I try to change the priority it says access denied for some reason.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Norns are hotter.

But charr are the hottest.

Jayge

The beta forums have gone completely AWOL. Instant gateway errors now. Several hundred people had already reported in with my specific error by the time they crashed though. Hopefully ArenaNet gets those back up soon.

Grokbu

Anybody getting this?...after getting kicked out of the game and reconnecting,I get stuck at my character screen,if I click play,it tells me it can't right now and from there,everything freezes,and I mean everything,if I CTRL ALT DEL to try and get the stop process screen,I am out of the game,on my desktop but I still have the game's cursor and nothing happens,I have to reboot my PC...

I had a similar issue. If you take out the task manager, you can (at least I can) navigate it with your keyboard, and highlight GW2 and press delete.

Moaradin

Guys, if I pick a world and join it, will I be able to delete that character and pick a new world? I want a higher pop server but none of them are working and I'm afraid I might get stuck on a low pop server.

Is it normal Im getting awful performance?

Im running a GTX 560 and Im managing between 20-40 everywhere in the charr starting area.

CPU?

Guys, if I pick a world and join it, will I be able to delete that character and pick a new world? I want a higher pop server but none of them are working and I'm afraid I might get stuck on a low pop server.

No, worlds are account-wide.

Pick Henge of Denravi for GAF.

Kareha

Loving it so far but wow does it need some severe optimisation. Running dual 560ti's and and 4.5Ghz SB i5 2500K and barely pushing 40 fps. Hopefully they can get it up to speed quickly :)

I've been lurking these threads forever, you assholes convinced me to prepurchase :).

Anyway, I'm in the beta now on the right server, how do I join the guild?

Also, I've never actually played a pc game with wasd control, I mostly stick with LoL and SC2. Making my chick go where I want her to is soo hard!!

I thought I saw something about free Gems, how do we get it?

Press the "O" key

There's a tab or something to buy gems, but it'll tell you it won't charge your card because it's a beta and they just want to test it. The only option is to "buy" 2000 gems. You then put in your CC but it doesn't charge you anything.

The problem I'm having is terrible sound distortion during combat or other times when a lot of sounds are playing. I'll try updating my drivers and see what happens.

Loving it so far but wow does it need some severe optimisation. Running dual 560ti's and and 4.5Ghz SB i5 2500K and barely pushing 40 fps. Hopefully they can get it up to speed quickly :)

Not just me then eh? Can we expect some optimization to happen? It'd be a downer if it'd always run like this.

Xane

I accidentally chose the wrong server and now I can't switch back. Can I choose a new server if I delete my existing character? Or do I have to transfer? Guesting does not seem to work.

Yeah, I was about to choose the wrong server too, kinda hate that you can't change the language in the login screen, as the server names are translated as well, and there were two servers with Jade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom