• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
yessir. i can name singles all day. not neeer one of em was party singles unless they came out from badboy or rocafella. We talking 90s HIPHOP...not 80s

Okay, so we pretending that Dungeon Fam, Busta, Timbo, Swizzy, all of Cash Money and shit weren't doing it in the 90s? I know you're mostly clowning, but you're coming off real young sounding right now.

HiResDes

Wacka got me rolling, dude is so humble and open-minded for an ignorant rap artist. Seems like a chill dude, especially after seeing the Nardwuar interview. It's weird how a chicken is a kilo of cocaine, and rooster is a girl giving head. Why are all of our vices related to poultry? Why do we feed into the stereotypes?

The thing about the 90s were....people would make records that work in a party enviroment tho that wasn't the original intention. Badboy and rocafella made records that had the intention of being party records.

there were many records that dropped that didn't have that "intention" behind it but it still worked for some reason.

for example, I remember at one of my highschool dances, nobody was on the dance floor...all the dudes were too cool, and all the bitches were too shy. Then they play "C.R.E.A.M." and we ALL know that's not a party record, but that song got everyone on the dance floor for whatever reason.

Wacka got me rolling, dude is so humble and open-minded for an ignorant rap artist. Seems like a chill dude, especially after seeing the Nardwuar interview. It's weird how a chicken is a kilo of cocaine, and rooster is a girl giving head. Why are all of our vices related to poultry? Why do we feed into the stereotypes?
Haha I said the other day back when I was in high school I remember some lady was calling me asking for some chicken and she sounded so desperate

The thing about the 90s were....people would make records that work in a party enviroment tho that wasn't the original intention. Badboy and rocafella made records that had the intention of being party records.

there were many records that dropped that didn't have that "intention" behind it but it still worked for some reason.

for example, I remember at one of my highschool dances, nobody was on the dance floor...all the dudes were too cool, and all the bitches were too shy. Then they play "C.R.E.A.M." and we ALL know that's not a party record, but that song got everyone on the dance floor for whatever reason.
That's what I mean by party friendly singles. Not songs made for it but can be played in some. So we agree lol

WanderingWind

Sorry, bro, but you're just factually incorrect. Cash Money was always about party records. The landscape is littered with the bones of rappers like Soulja boy who only made 1 club hits or people like MC Hammer who only made pop shit. Clubs didn't start in the aughts, bro. There has always been ignant music.

Now, I do think there is more ignant than not today in the mainstream.

Okay, so we pretending that Dungeon Fam, Busta, Timbo, Swizzy, all of Cash Money and shit weren't doing it in the 90s? I know you're mostly clowning, but you're coming off real young sounding right now.

cash money got hot late 90s. Busta, i give you. Dungeon fam....not neccissarily. Timbo/swizzy were producers, and they werent making "conscious" records to "go along" with the party records as you say.

what party singles did you get from

dmx (some of his joints worked at the party, but they damn sure weren't "party records")
mobb deep
black moon
wu tang
gangstarr
redman
common sense
the roots
smooth da hustler
fugees
etc

alot of thier shit might have "worked" at the party...but they werent intentional party tracks talking about alot of nothing/bullshit.

with that said, I am disregarding the whole west coast here...they actually made party singles and the prior argument stands for them.

Sorry, bro, but you're just factually incorrect. Cash Money was always about party records. The landscape is littered with the bones of rappers like Soulja boy who only made 1 club hits or people like MC Hammer who only made pop shit. Clubs didn't start in the aughts, bro. There has always been ignant music.

Now, I do think there is more ignant than not today in the mainstream.

No, you're wrong, cause the original argument was that Artists that made conscious records also made a party record first to go along with it. Cash money wasn't making conscious records. that shit was intentionally for the club

WanderingWind

No, you're wrong, cause the original argument was that Artists that made conscious records also made a party record first to go along with it. Cash money wasn't making conscious records. that shit was intentionally for the club

Nah. Not what you said. "whaaaat? who was making party friendly singles in the 90s other than badboy...and rocafella?"

Not even close, brah. A ton of people were making party friendly singles and records. Fact.

Nah. Not what you said. "whaaaat? who was making party friendly singles in the 90s other than badboy...and rocafella?"

Not even close, brah. A ton of people were making party friendly singles and records. Fact.

IN RESPONSE to what Tguy said. did you just ignore that part?

you are totally missing the conversation or you just can't grasp a complete understanding of it.

BRUH. now sit your partying ass down.

My mistake then, I was just getting a frat boy vibe from you.

Anyway, I was dissing Bronson in one of those plug sessions earlier for biting Ghost, but I'm really feeling Blue Chips.
you should listen to Well Done. My favorite Bronson tape. I didn't like Well Done outside the first track it just didn't connect with me. I should revisit it though

It's funny how the shittiest 'rappers' out right now (Keef, 2Chainz) can inspire (relatively) in-depth discussion here, but when something legitimately dope drops it only gets a few posts.

Looking at peoples favourites list, everybody here has legit taste (not you peterboy) so what the fuck?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
It's funny how the shittiest 'rappers' out right now (Keef, 2Chainz) can inspire (relatively) in-depth discussion here, but when something legitimately dope drops it only gets a few posts.

Looking at peoples favourites list, everybody here has legit taste (not you peterboy) so what the fuck?

Good question. The Talib mixtape got a ton of play in my ride this year. It was posted a few times with no discussion. I think that mainstream, popular stuff gets the most discussion because that is most likely to trigger some kind of emotion. Whether it be hate or love, you are going to feel something about 2 Chainz. The really dope stuff kind of gets a nod of appreciation and that is about it.

It's funny how the shittiest 'rappers' out right now (Keef, 2Chainz) can inspire (relatively) in-depth discussion here, but when something legitimately dope drops it only gets a few posts

I think it's cause this thread moves so fast with posting music that it sometimes get lost with what everyone else is talking about. There are a lot of times where I listen to something and completely forget to post about it because something distracted me

WanderingWind

Would depend on the cover for me. Can't wait for it. Danny Brown has been absolutely destroying his features this year

He really hasn't done anything I haven't liked. I have high hopes for the quality of his record, but not so much on his ability to sell.

iavi

He really hasn't done anything I haven't liked. I have high hopes for the quality of his record, but not so much on his ability to sell.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about Danny. His tape will be quality, but it won't sell a thing.

His feature on Terrorist Threat is Feature of the Year.

Yep, the closest I came to disliking something he did was the tape with black milk but that's cause I didn't like it was verses from another mixtape he did. Oh...and I only listened to that it's a Art tape with blu only once. I don't remember if I liked it or not

HiResDes

If you didn't hear it earlier, I put it on youtube for easier access. I know you have expressed a liking for when I rap like I have mental issues.

Sidd X - Nobody Fucking With You

Peter I want to redo the one with your beat before I put it up anywhere, it was the last song I recorded that night and I was hammered and tired by the time I got to it. I know I can do way better.

Siddx forgot to tell you I fucks with this track super heavy. Need a mp3 : )

Game's "Hallelujah" makes me miss College Dropout/ Late Registration Kanye. Sound and feel of track makes me reminisce.

Finally gave Jeezy a full listen. I got RIP in heavy rotation.

More men arguing over Keef, smh. Y'all ninjas need to cut the courtship and just start fucking. You can get a dreadlocks wig at the local party store, some ky jelly, couple boxes of condoms, and just go ham on some booty holes. Maybe get Siddx to dj so he can put Guap on repeat.

More men arguing over Keef, smh. Y'all ninjas need to cut the courtship and just start fucking. You can get a dreadlocks wig at the local party store, some ky jelly, couple boxes of condoms, and just go ham on some booty holes. Maybe get Siddx to dj so he can put Guap on repeat.
It's only fitting it's a Detroit artist that will be played during these activities. Hope there is some Elzhi too

DominoKid

So went back and read the beginning of the little quarrel to try and make sense of the whole thing and I couldn't...If it really started from the Keef talk then it makes no sense. Big kind of just escalates shit when in fact there doesn't seem to be a legitimate disagreement. It's pretty entertaining though, so I'm not gonna hate.

yeah im really not understanding it.

User top ten lists?

I'll be back in 30.

Edit:

Nas - Illmatic
Big L - The Big Picture
Nas - It Was Written
2Pac - All Eyez On Me
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
INI - Center Of Attention
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Mos Def & Talib - Black Star
Pun - Capital Punishment

Never actually looked at the front page.

T Dollarz

Very nice Des, looks dope as fuck.

Side note, I think this weekend I'm gonna make a list of albums/tapes from this year that I want to revisit for making my end of the year list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom